Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. (5376 Views)

FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / 2013 Jamb Results Remarked??? / When Will The 2012 JAMB Results Be Released? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 9:38am On May 05, 2013
Someone cried out at a Cyber Cafe ''Allow me to die' after all efforts and prayers I put in , Oh! I'm tired''.
These were the lamentations of one braw girl at College Road, Enugu, upon learning that she made 110 in this JAMB exams. She wanted to study Medicine at UNIZIK.

=================
I didn't do JAMB although as a stake holder I have been following the happenings. And I aver authoritatively without pussyfooting that these results are NOT reflections of either the candidates' performance or abilities.
This is dispiriting in view of the fact JAMB exams are now
relatively cheap. In fact it's now a cake walk. (You will attest to this if you see the question papers of recent years).
Whence then came the execrable and demeaning scores? This is further exacerbated by the fact that these vanilla scores are made by brilliant students. A particular lass made A's in WAEC last year only for JAMB to give her 177 this year.
===============
Something must have gone wrong. The possibility of a mismatch in the course of marking cannot be discounted as it is gigantic.

This colossal failure is either an orchestrated plan by JAMB to have them come back next year in which case they will reap undue pecuniary benefits OR is a malicious move to reduce the number of eligible candidates given the deprecation by people of the limited admission spaces especially of the universities.
==================
Granted, many students may have shaded wrongly or used 'sent answers'' but it is suspect to have more than 1.5 million candidates sit exam and only 10 could score 300 and above. This is truer when contrasted with some other years like 2011 where more 3'000 scored 300 and above.
JAMB should be probed.
==================
It's doleful that nothing works in this country and that's why we pray for everything.
=================
The ambitions and lofty dreams of these innocent students are just being truncated and impeded for no just cause.

5 Likes

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 9:52am On May 05, 2013
pics

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Saecula: 10:00am On May 05, 2013
@OP I give this piece thumbs up.
after the money and everthing.
Nawao.
My lil sis cried her eyes out yesterday. Despite the fact that she had prepared very well
Maybe JAMB should be scrapped.

1 Like

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 10:04am On May 05, 2013
Saecula: @OP I give this piece thumbs up.
Nawao.
My lil sis cried her eyes out yesterday. Despite the fact that she had prepared very well
My brother, just try and console her. She can go for computer lessons if she hasn't done that yet.
The thing can be insufferable.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Contumely: 10:08am On May 05, 2013
Nice piece.

i thought i was the only one. the results so far are not encouraging at all
MODERATOR, front page pls.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Saecula: 10:23am On May 05, 2013
Serendipity:
My brother, just try and console her. She can go for computer lessons if she hasn't done that yet.
The thing can be insufferable.
Thanks, that of CBT may even be worse.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 11:56am On May 05, 2013
Saecula:
Thanks, that of CBT may even be worse.
U are welcome
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 4:54pm On May 05, 2013
Maybe some varsities will reduce their cut-off marks.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by SincereBigot: 5:29pm On May 05, 2013
Serendipity: Maybe some varsities will reduce their cut-off marks.
if i hear
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Umartins1(m): 5:35pm On May 05, 2013
Too bad that this thread is not about a celebrity picture or about Sexkills madness as a moderator, it would have made the front page.

2 Likes

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Abeos(m): 5:51pm On May 05, 2013
D problem is that it seems wot happen but d innocent and guity were being punished by d measures taken by Jamb ...haba
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 6:57pm On May 05, 2013
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Contumely: 7:01pm On May 05, 2013
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 7:05pm On May 05, 2013
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by donez(m): 7:31pm On May 05, 2013
My very brillant younger bro scored 150..Right nw he is inconsolable, sumtin must be wrong wit d gradin....Abeg mods front page lets hav more comments
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 7:33pm On May 05, 2013
Sincere Bigot: if i hear
It's possible.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Contumely: 7:35pm On May 05, 2013
donez: My very brillant younger bro scored 150..Right nw he is inconsolable, sumtin must be wrong wit d gradin....Abeg mods front page lets hav more comments
donez: My very brillant younger bro scored 150..Right nw he is inconsolable, sumtin must be wrong wit d gradin....Abeg mods front page lets hav more comments

FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Contumely: 7:38pm On May 05, 2013
Sincere Bigot: if i hear

Last year UNN reduced their aggregate cut off for many course because of abysmal failure in its post utme.
But i doubt if they will reduce in this case.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 05, 2013
@op the problem is the government let them build more universities nigeria does not have enough universities we ought to have not less than 500 universities in nigeria
Serendipity: Someone cried out at a Cyber Cafe ''Allow me to die' after all efforts and prayers I put in , Oh! I'm tired''.
These were the lamentations of one braw girl at College Road, Enugu, upon learning that she made 110 in this JAMB exams. She wanted to study Medicine at UNIZIK.

=================
I didn't do JAMB although as a stake holder I have been following the happenings. And I aver authoritatively without pussyfooting that these results are NOT reflections of either the candidates' performance or abilities.
This is dispiriting in view of the fact JAMB exams are now
relatively cheap. In fact it's now a cake walk. (You will attest to this if you see the question papers of recent years). as for the guy with As tell him to go to ghana and seek admission thats all.
Whence then came the execrable and demeaning scores? This is further exacerbated by the fact that these vanilla scores are made by brilliant students. A particular lass made A's in WAEC last year only for JAMB to give her 177 this year.
===============
Something must have gone wrong. The possibility of a mismatch in the course of marking cannot be discounted as it is gigantic.

This colossal failure is either an orchestrated plan by JAMB to have them come back next year in which case they will reap undue pecuniary benefits OR is a malicious move to reduce the number of eligible candidates given the deprecation by people of the limited admission spaces especially of the universities.
==================
Granted, many students may have shaded wrongly or used 'sent answers'' but it is suspect to have more than 1.5 million candidates sit exam and only 10 could score 300 and above. This is truer when contrasted with some other years like 2011 where more 3'000 scored 300 and above.
JAMB should be probed.
==================
It's doleful that nothing works in this country and that's why we pray for everything.
=================
The ambitions and lofty dreams of these innocent students are just being truncated and impeded for no just cause.
as for the guy with As tell him to go to ghana and seek admission thats all.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Saecula: 8:15pm On May 05, 2013
Contumely:

Last year UNN reduced their aggregate cut off for many course because of abysmal failure in its post utme.
But i doubt if they will reduce in this case.

lets wait as things unfold.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Serendipity: 8:20pm On May 05, 2013
Niger

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Saecula: 8:33pm On May 05, 2013
tensazangetsu: @op the problem is the government let them build more universities nigeria does not have enough universities we ought to have not less than 500 universities in nigeriaas for the guy with As tell him to go to ghana and seek admission thats all.
Expensive
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by jaryeh(m): 8:51pm On May 05, 2013
Hmmm,"jamb,a very hard exam,where examiners set technical and tricky questions which appear simple at the surface but tough in reality" someone said so and I think it makes sense. Those that did mathematics,were you able to know that there are two questions there without answers? If you are surprised,check the histogram and pie chart questions and tell me if they have the correct answers. Anyone who has chosen any option in any of the two questions should expect a big mess in his/her result. Jamb set traps for candidates to reduce their marks. So also in chemistry ,the number 6 or so was without the correct option,the question was about rate of diffusion.

So,passing jamb i think is not by how brilliant you are , its about how smart,intelligent,calm and calculative you are.

I also did nt get what i expected, scored 15/100 in chemistry where I answered 41 questions and my tutor marked it to be 38/50. Very surprised i was when I saw this, but i guess they must have set one trap or the other for me,of which i did nt take note.

So also, their marking method is best known to them. But i know that scoring high is not by how much you shaded but how many are actually correct out of those you shaded.

If you will take this exam again, take note of all these things,and more importantly,THE SUBJECT YOU THINK YOU KNOW BEST SHOULD BE THE ONE IN WHICH YOU WILL ANSWER THE LEAST NUMBER OF QUESTIONS. I say this because most candidates fool themselves by answering all the questions in a subject which they would think they blasted and at the end come to see that that is the one in which they have the least score. Thats jamb for you. If you can answer at least 30 questions correctly, you may stop there and use the remaining time to perfect the 30. You will just be surprised when you see your result. All these things will not only score you a good mark but also vividly show that you were not involved in any examination malpractice as those who practise such will always shade everything given to them.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Umartins1(m): 9:09pm On May 05, 2013
Oga, everything you wrote above na total gibberish. When has answering every question become unlawful? You said two of the Maths questions had no correct answers and if a candidate had shaded henceforth, he's in a mess! Na who tells you this? Na complete rubbish you talk. Besides, the pie chart has answer. Though, with the way you talk it shows you're still a 'kid' in JAMB. Do you want to tell me that those that scored 300+ answered just 30 questions? Huh? We need to wake up from our dreams and come out plainly. JAMB or their systems err. There's error somewhere. I just pray they take a review of the results.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Peromnia: 9:10pm On May 05, 2013
Saecula: @OP I give this piece thumbs up.
Nawao.
jamb is no longer transparent.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by jaryeh(m): 9:19pm On May 05, 2013
Umartins1: Oga, everything you wrote above na total gibberish. When has answering every question become unlawful? You said two of the Maths questions had no correct answers and if a candidate had shaded henceforth, he's in a mess! Na who tells you this? Na complete rubbish you talk. Besides, the pie chart has answer. Though, with the way you talk it shows you're still a 'kid' in JAMB. Do you want to tell me that those that scored 300+ answered just 30 questions? Huh? We need to wake up from our dreams and come out plainly. JAMB or their systems err. There's error somewhere. I just pray they take a review of the results.

whats the answer pls? Well,i don't expect you to agree with me. But take it or leave it. Moreover,i have not said you should not answer all,bt the more you answer, the more error you are likely to commit. You can read all through again,i said YOU MAY USE THE REMAINING TIME.... Well,it's left for you . But i still await your answer to any of those questions.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Peromnia: 9:30pm On May 05, 2013
Serendipity: Maybe some varsities will reduce their cut-off marks.

Hmmm
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Peromnia: 9:38pm On May 05, 2013
Umartins1: Oga, everything you wrote above na total gibberish. When has answering every question become unlawful? You said two of the Maths questions had no correct answers and if a candidate had shaded henceforth, he's in a mess! Na who tells you this? Na complete rubbish you talk. Besides, the pie chart has answer. Though, with the way you talk it shows you're still a 'kid' in JAMB. Do you want to tell me that those that scored 300+ answered just 30 questions? Huh? We need to wake up from our dreams and come out plainly. JAMB or their systems err. There's error somewhere. I just pray they take a review of the results.
The guy i think is inexperienced. You were harsh though.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Peromnia: 11:21pm On May 05, 2013
Contumely:

FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE FRONT PAGE
If na tonto dike. E for don dey front page since.

1 Like

Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by otokx(m): 11:26pm On May 05, 2013
Them cheat finish, e no work, dem wan come blame JAMB, hear em say my bro is brilliant, jnr is a whiz kid. Story story; the over 700000 that scored above 200, dem be ghost? cmon lets not do PDP style.
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by Les: 11:48pm On May 05, 2013
I didn't mean to comment on this thread and i'll unfollow it tomoro afternoon, by then my qweshon would have been answered, "how can somebody write 3subjects and didn't write one nor shade anything single answer due to time and at d result, d subject not written has d highest score more than d subjects written, did they mark empty space?" i pray there mentor reads this piece to know dat majority of them, it wasn't there fault but jamb...
Re: These Jamb Results Are Not The Reflections Of Students' Performance. by avalontony(m): 1:13am On May 06, 2013
JAMB JAMB JAMB!!!!!!.....those of u that think that you were no awarded ur correct scores, pls pick the question papers and go over them again. In Jamb questions u have related answers, that if u make a mistake in ur solving u will arrive at an answer which will make u think u got d right answer. Computer hardly make mistakes, dont think black answer sheet has never been graded by computer......they have test runned all this before, its not d first time jamb is conducting exam. I know how it feels to get a low score in jamb............. U can always try again.....this is not the end!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Ranks And Salary 2023: Check It Out Now / Jamb Result 2014 – Jamb Result Checker For 2014/2015 / Learn Computer Programming. Drop Your Number.(whatsapp Group)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.