Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze (16928 Views)

Pastor Chijioke Who 'Heals' Women By Sucking Breast Opens Church In Kenya(audio) / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Martinspatrick: 8:39am On May 08, 2013
Guy it hasn't gotten to dat,dis thing is nationwide there was mass failure or are u not current.fine i know wat u are going through,after burning midnight candles, praying and hoping.unfortunately for u, u met de unexpected.i also fell victim and dats not enough reason 2 lose ur faith,God knows best.lest i forgot ignore people who call u olodo cos i see a BRIGHT GUY STANDING THERE,SO COME BACK HOME.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Yeanks: 9:29am On May 08, 2013
God didnt make him fail jamb, he either didnt study hard enough or he is not as smart as he thinks. I wrote jamb thrice so i know what im saying. why do we blame God for all your problems, what should a blind person or some who has cancer then do. Just thank God for the life you have, when there is life there will always be another opportunity to write jamb wink
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by hoodboy(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2013
Yeanks: God didnt make him fail jamb, he either didnt study hard enough or he is not as smart as he thinks. I wrote jamb thrice so i know what im saying. why do we blame God for all your problems, what should a blind person or some who has cancer then do. Just thank God for the life you have, when there is life there will always be another opportunity to write jamb wink

Its not just a case of passing jamb, there are too few slots for the number of applicants each year in the present scheme of things. @OP I advice you to do a foundation programme if you can afford it, as that is one of the surest ways of securing university placement in our country. I'm not a 'Churchy' person, but I recognise and acknowledge the place of God in the 'big picture' which most of us neglect to see and only appreciate when we come to the point that we deem is favourable. So diligently persevere and do not curse God because of a small trial you are facing.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by chiwuike20: 3:38pm On May 08, 2013
ooman: [size=15pt]ITS NOT GOD THAT MAKES PEOPLE PROSPEROUS, ITS US

GOD IS USELESS TO HUMAN SOCIETY[/size]
. Blasphemy against God is condemnation. I hope ur debased mind has not led u into it. If u continue in ur condemnable beliefs, u'll remember dis wicked words wch u spoke dis day as it will read as a witness to ur condemnation.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by kambo(m): 8:01am On May 09, 2013
Evil Brain: ^^^^
I'm not even going to bother arguing with you since you clearly don't want to think rationally.

You think human beings are interchangeable like 10 naira notes? You think its okay to kill people to win a bet? You that the presence of Satan absolves god of responsibility for the evil acts he visited on Job and his family?

And maybe you should look up the definition of psychopathy in that your dictionary. I think you'll find that it fits your god like a custom made condom.

there's nothg rational about ur arguments.theyre out of context and biased twrds ur favred viewpoint. First,u hate God then u look 4 scriptures to justify ur hatred. A psychopath displays wanton violent bhvior.. U hav no scriptures to support these accusation Yet u push it as logical.
Since want 2 appear objective, u shud know God cant do bets because he is all knowg, satan isnt all knwg and wanted to prove a point with job.
Job recovered all -lost time,money,children. Theologians estimate jobs trials to have spanned about 9 months.
His short affliction wrought greater good.
God owns evrythg on earth includg humans by legal fact tht He created them.this includes job's children. U can do wat u like with ur property.absolutely anythg u like. God isnt accountable to no man 4 His actions. God choosg to b a good God and respect human will is out of his inherent nature which is Love. If God were wicked and tyrannical He wud still b legally justified.

Since ur tryg 2 b objectve, y havnt u railed against Satan?..
His motto is : kill,steal,destroy.
..he is responsible for the actual attacks in job's life.
Y dnt u emphasize the Good acts of God which is all over d bible. U purposely ignore them 2 make a biased point. "and God blessed the later end of job", "and God blessed..","and God heard his/her prayer","and God gave:..","and God fought for ...", "and God remembered his promise...", "and God prospered the works of...", .
"and God had Compassion on..."
U cant read the OT without seeing these verses.
Hate God all u like but
Stay objective wen claimg to make logical points.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by 2good(m): 8:14am On May 09, 2013
kambo:

there's nothg rational about ur arguments.theyre out of context and biased twrds ur favred viewpoint. First,u hate God then u look 4 scriptures to justify ur hatred. A psychopath displays wanton violent bhvior.. U hav no scriptures to support these accusation Yet u push it as logical.
Since want 2 appear objective, u shud know God cant do bets because he is all knowg, satan isnt all knwg and wanted to prove a point with job.
Job recovered all -lost time,money,children. Theologians estimate jobs trials to have spanned about 9 months.
His short affliction wrought greater good.
God owns evrythg on earth includg humans by legal fact tht He created them.this includes job's children. U can do wat u like with ur property.absolutely anythg u like. God isnt accountable to no man 4 His actions. God choosg to b a good God and respect human will is out of his inherent nature which is Love. If God were wicked and tyrannical He wud still b legally justified.

Since ur tryg 2 b objectve, y havnt u railed against Satan?..
His motto is : kill,steal,destroy.
..he is responsible for the actual attacks in job's life.
Y dnt u emphasize the Good acts of God which is all over d bible. U purposely ignore them 2 make a biased point. "and God blessed the later end of job", "and God blessed..","and God heard his/her prayer","and God gave:..","and God fought for ...", "and God remembered his promise...", "and God prospered the works of...", .
"and God had Compassion on..."
U cant read the OT without seeing these verses.
Hate God all u like but
Stay objective wen claimg to make logical points.

Meaningless ancient story. I wonder how people believe all these stories and still call the Christian god a just one. You can selectively pick verses that speak good of your god but pretend not to see verses that shows he is also an evil god. What do you have to say about these biblical verses?

[b]
1. Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

2. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

3. Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

4. Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

5. Deuteronomy 20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

6. Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.

7. Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

8. Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

9. 1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

10. Leviticus 25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
[/b]
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by kambo(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2013
and wat about them? Wat do they prove?
So much for a meangless ancient story u spend so much time researchg on to discredit.
How about john 3.16? It's in d same bible.
Job 42 - in d same bible.
Wat about Jesus who spared a woman frm being stoned with a right word.
Wat about "cast all ur care upon him for he cares 4 u"
wat about nothg can separate us from d lov of God in christ Jesus.

I cud quote reams more and ask u the same question? "wat about these ones too? Or arent they in d same bible . Acts of d same God?".
You see wat u want to see. Ur so called objective criticism is rotten with bias.

Also dyu know wat sin is its gravity its impact,repercussion,penalty? U dnt knw enuff to utter a critism.

Dyu know who a King is, his power, scope of authority,
rights and priviledges.

Dyu know d law. And wat is legal or not and its application in d bible?

You and no atheists knows enuff to judge.
U thnk God govmnt is a democracy where the vote of d ppl counts or must b curried to gain/remain in power.

First remove those blinders frm ur eyes b4 postg ur next critique.

I cud answer ur question in detail but tht wud b a waste of time

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by 2good(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2013
kambo: and wat about them? Wat do they prove?
So much for a meangless ancient story u spend so much time researchg on to discredit.
How about john 3.16? It's in d same bible.
Job 42 - in d same bible.
Wat about Jesus who spared a woman frm being stoned with a right word.
Wat about "cast all ur care upon him for he cares 4 u"
wat about nothg can separate us from d lov of God in christ Jesus.

I cud quote reams more and ask u the same question? "wat about these ones too? Or arent they in d same bible . Acts of d same God?".
You see wat u want to see. Ur so called objective criticism is rotten with bias.

Also dyu know wat sin is its gravity its impact,repercussion,penalty? U dnt knw enuff to utter a critism.

Dyu know who a King is, his power, scope of authority,
rights and priviledges.

Dyu know d law. And wat is legal or not and its application in d bible?

You and no atheists knows enuff to judge.
U thnk God govmnt is a democracy where the vote of d ppl counts or must b curried to gain/remain in power.

First remove those blinders frm ur eyes b4 postg ur next critique.

I cud answer ur question in detail but tht wud b a waste of time
Meaningless post with no direction. I normally avoid debating with religious people because their reasoning is very skewed. I posted quote from d bible that is suppose to have come from your God and instead of facing those quotes, you went off point talking about king. Use your brain to reason and stop allowing pastors to think for you,
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Image123(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2013
2good: Meaningless post with no direction. I normally avoid debating with religious people because their reasoning is very skewed. I posted quote from d bible that is suppose to have come from your God and instead of facing those quotes, you went off point talking about king. Use your brain to reason and stop allowing pastors to think for you,
he's trying to help you reason by using what he felt to be an analogy you could process, seeing you may not be able to cope directly.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 09, 2013
Image123:
he's trying to help you reason by using what he felt to be an analogy you could process, seeing you may not be able to cope directly.

And the empty troll comes along..
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by kambo(m): 6:52am On May 10, 2013
2good: Meaningless post with no direction. I

normally avoid debating with religious people because their

reasoning is very skewed. I posted quote from d bible that is

suppose to have come from your God and instead of facing those

quotes, you went off point talking about king. Use your brain

to reason and stop allowing pastors to think for you,
stop the emotional venting and deal logically.
You quote what you liked in your bias and i countered with

equal quotes negating your
preferred quote. The science and logic you adhere to operates

like a balance-
pound for pound, there more counter evidence for you assumed

harshness of GOD than there is
- what dyu say about those. its equal evidence same

scriptures.
you wnt to make a logical argument b ut admit only one class

of evidence.!!
Like i said - you dont even know enuff to judge.
To critique a system you must know how it works- you dont

know nada about how God's system
works!! You dont know his motives , his rights or boundaries

? Yet you want to judge!!
that's a judgement based on ignorance.

p.s:
------
since you decided to pass judgement on the person of God, I

first asked you if know what a king is?
because you judge unfairness without even knowing who you are

talking about,
his rights and priviledges (legally) and the scope of his

power.
YOu accuse him of being wicked ,unjust - etc.
But what class of person are you talking of . A KING not a

democratic president.

Your views of fairness/justice is tainted by the democratic

culture you've lived in.
in most governments, royalty is subject to the ruling

government . democracy, military,fascist etc.
This wasnt the case before.
In a true kingdom. The king is answerable to know one .
The king owns all property in the land.
the King can do as he pleases and no one can question him.
The word of the King is incontestible.

(You think this is the situation where
a journalist can cuss a president in print and get away with

it.the democratic situation)

The king is responsible for protecting the lives of his

subject, those under his domain.

A King has retinue of officers to do help him carry out his

will/bidding :
(soldiers ,administrative staff,etc)

Legal rights:
in law if you buy something you own it, and can do as you

please with it.
you can buy a brand new designer dress and use it to mop

the floor if u so please.
How you use what belongs to you, cannot be contested

legally.

Now using this frame work:
Visit the Bible God and assess his rights and privildges.

to judge him as a despot king
etc.

- ownership. God created the earth and all in it . it is his.
if he wants he can do wat he likes with his and still be

legally justifiable!!
u can paint a painting and later tear it up.
writers write a draft many times and tear them up,

because they arent satisfied
with the quality. Think of how ridiculous it wud be to

arrest an author for
tearing his drafts!!.
- God creatd man - God bought back Man! thru the death and

resurrction of Jesus.
every saved person is a property of God!!!-
- God's word is incontestible. He speaks and it stands fast.

no one can make it fail.

- God's word - wages of sin is death - : incontestible.
the atonement for sin is by blood: incontestible.
Sin must be atoned for , for it to be removed. else it

must be accounted for.

Legally:
----------
Legally, satan has a right to anyone under him. very legal.
His kingdom is called the kingdom of darkness.
God cannot legally take what belongs to satan.
God can by his ability take what belongs to satan without

legality.
So to redeem mankind from the rulership of satan,
he had to do so legally
. Jesus came as man and (you knw the story).
Now God can legally , free man from satan. But at man's will

not by force.
Man has to come forward and accept CHRIST , satan can't stop

man , God wont force man.

God operates as a king but completely legally.
To bind himself to some legal parameters in dealing with man,
God set his word , and adheres to HIS WORD.
That's why the Bible says, He (God) has magnified his word

above himself. or name .

Using this parameters and background on God your arguments

become nonsense and inadmissible. That's why i said do you

know who a king is.

You have the full rights to reject God's offer. And He will

ensure You wish isnt violated.
But doing so makes you a citizen of satan's kingdom not God's

kingdom.
And a king is king only within his domain, God can't be

responsible for citizens
outside his own domain. Though He in his sovereignty is still

good to all.

if you look at the book of job , you see legality at play:
Satan needed permission to test job.
God is the Judge of the whole earth!! -
legality/kingship/justice system(sin and its atonement) - just one of the facets you have to understand
about God before throwing your accusative darts at God.

I dont want to expatiate further- you wont be able to

understand with your fickle reasoning and inherent biase.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by lawrencejay: 2:35pm On May 25, 2013
[quote author=Evil Brain] FYI, agnosticism and atheism are essentially the same thing. /[quote]

[b]This is a blunder. Do yourself a favour, pick up an English dictionary and check the definitions of both terms. Secondly, Google it up and be more enlightened.

This said, note that agnostics maintain that it's not possible to know whether or not God (or another spiritual being) exists. In other words, agnostics claim that humans have no cognitive capacity to know (epistemologically speaking) if God exists. Agnosticism is not a belief system as atheism is; rather, it is a theory of knowledge (epistemology). Etymologically, it means, "not, or no knowledge." An agnostic is, therefore, someone who believes human beings simply cannot know anything metaphysical or beyond the physical realm; therefore, they cannot know whether things like spirit, angels or God exist at all.

Conversely, atheists completely maintain that God does not exist. Some within the atheist camp will deny, emphatically, that there is a God and claim to have "proof" of God's non-existence. Other's will simply say they do not believe there is a God though they could not prove God does not exist. The common denominator is that they do not believe in God.

These are essentially not the same propositions.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by ooman(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2013
bottom line is both still do not believe in god.

God is a conscious being, his absence is the proof for his absence, that is the evidence of the absence of god.
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by dominicson: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
I like nairaland, I must confess. But like every other thing in material world, NL, or should I say we Nairalanders have continued to displayed some sort of immaturity.

I think there's no reason for a nairalander to post just for the sake of posting. Little do we know that these issues we handle or debate, sometimes with levity, are very vital to OPs' lives.

I'm not an atheist but with little experience I have of them, I suppose this OP wanted reassurance from us, a reassurance to stay with God.

I'm not religious but I'm very aware like our friend should also be made aware also that we live on His land, breathe His air... So we can't afford to say a thing against Him.

I had a similar encounter like the OP recently, I felt the same as he felt if not more than him/her. But later, I got to realised that He gave us life and we should be creative about it, you may be blind, cripple, dump, anything! You must thank Him for it, whatever you make of that gift is a question of how creative, dumb, stupid, lazy... you are.

More than a decade ago, a son of a former aviation minister told me, "pal, use your head, however you make it, the glory will go to Him."
Re: JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze by EvilBrain1(m): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2014
dominicson:

I'm not religious but I'm very aware like our friend should also be made aware also that we live on His land, breathe His air... So we can't afford to say a thing against Him.
I had a similar encounter like the OP recently, I felt the same as he felt if not more than him/her. But later, I got to realised that He gave us life and we should be creative about it, you may be blind, cripple, dump, anything! You must thank Him for it, whatever you make of that gift is a question of how creative, dumb, stupid, lazy... you are.
More than a decade ago, a son of a former aviation minister told me, "pal, use your head, however you make it, the glory will go to Him."

Are you sure you're not religious? Are you sure?

I don't find it funny the way religious people use backhand logic to claim supremacy and ownership over everything and to justify their intolerant, dominionist thinking.

"I mean of course it's my particular monotheistic god who owns the land and the air you're breathing so how dare you say a word against him."

You need to spend some time on YouTube watching interviews of ISIS members. It will help you identify the flaws in your thought process better than anything else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Why A Christian Should Not Settle For Sexual Lust / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Shina Peller Saving Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.