Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,003 members, 7,828,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping (645 Views)

Breaking Now Munguno Is New NSA / Pics Of Boko Haram Members +Their Cars Captured By The Nigerian Army In Munguno / Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2013
Abductors of Kidnapped Elder
Statesman, Shettima Ali
Munguno Gives Condition for
Release
Posted by: Our Reporter
on May 5, 2013 in Exclusive
1 Comment
Dreaded insurgent group, Boko
Haram has claimed responsibility
for the kidnapped of of Borno
elder stateman, Alhaji Shettima Ali
Munguno and is asking for the
release of all its members in
prison before he wold be
released.
Ali Munguno, 92, a former
minister of Petroleum was
kidnapped in Maiduguri, Borno
State by gunmen shortly after
prayers on Friday.
Eye-witnesses at the scene of the
incidence say Monguno was
kidnapped by members of the
Boko Haram sect who came to
the scene on a tricycle popularly
referred to as ‘Keke Napep’ while
he was about entering his car to
leave the mosque.
Speaking concerning the
demand of the group, the ex-
minister’s son, Abubakar Ali
Munguno said “The abductors
got in touch and they put my
father through on the phone, he
spoke to us and said that he was
fine. They made a ransom
demand.”
Although he did not give details
of the demand, sources say the
sect aside the ransome the son
said they demanded has also
aksekd for the release of all its
members imprisoned by the
Federal and Borno state
government as a pre-condition
for the release of the elder
statesman.
A family member of the abducted
statesman who spoke to the
abductors said they noticed
South-Eastern Igbo accent, while
they communicated with mixes
of pidgin English. The source said
none of them could speak in
Kanuri or Hausa language when
they spoke with the
representative of the Mongunos.
Monguno has been critical in the
manner the Boko Haram
insurgency has been handled
and is one of the proponents of
dialogue and amnesty for
militant sect. He was among the
group of elders who met with
President Goodluck Jonathan in
Maiduguri in March to discuss
the Boko Haram crisis.
He served in various federal
cabinet positions including
minister of internal affairs, mines
and power, petroleum and
energy between 1965 and 1975.
Re: Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2013
Source: pointblank
Re: Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 05, 2013
Foolish people! instead of them to pay the ransome to set the man free, they are accusing igbos of kidnapping their father. Are they trying to cause another round of killing of igbos in the north? what the heck? angry
Re: Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping by OneNaira6: 4:43pm On May 05, 2013
not surprising. weren't you here when the North tried to link Boko Haram to Igbo. when they tried to link the corps killing after the election to Igbo, when they tried to link the bus park to igbo. i would have been surprised if they did otherwise. my guy are you a learner? u don't know north again?
Re: Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping by joeyfire(m): 5:03pm On May 05, 2013
I am not surprised at all. I watched a senate sitting where one Kano senator called Gaya complained of forces working to instigate sectarian violence. We know its possible but he gave an example of how the people that tried to kill the Emir of Kano would have caused sectarian violence because the Igbo populace would have been targetted over it. What ran through my mind was there was absolutely nothing to link igbos to the attack so why would he say that. What prompted that line of thought??

Its okay for umunna in the north to stockpile tons of assault rifles and shotguns but at the end of the day I just wish they would return home.

The average northerner isn't bad but the northern elite is a collective enemy of all non-muslims living there and the average northerner is captive to the elite and what they say.
Re: Ali Munguno's Family Trying To Link Igbo To The Kidnapping by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2013
This is a serious allegation. I advise all igbos in the north to be at alert and try as much as possible to walk in group. Better still, come home.

(1) (Reply)

Corrupt Politicians Have Hacked Our Website Many Times — Sahara Reporters / HALLELUJAH! Woman Rescued From Collapsed Bangladesh Factory After 17 Days(photo) / If They Arrest Me, Nigeria Will Be History' - Says Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.