Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! (37254 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / $600,000 Stolen In Raid Of Bureau De Change At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by ibkgab001: 10:08am On May 06, 2013
I fear all this wire wire oooo.... Am sure the money ai already out of naija those bankers are juncks too they always give out customer info out to hackers God dey
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 10:09am On May 06, 2013
@op YOU HAVE CLICK A LINK SOMEWHERE AND HACKERS HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, THE BANK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIS, CHECK THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU SIGN WHEN YOU APPLY FOR THE ONLINE BANKING...
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 10:09am On May 06, 2013
ibkgab001: I fear all this wire wire oooo.... Am sure the money ai already out of naija those bankers are juncks too they always give out customer info out to hackers God dey

NOT TRUE!

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Geezle(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2013
This is not peculiar...these guys have learnt hw to tap into people's tokens without having the device physically. They know the serial numbers of different tokens and the accts they r linked to. i believe there is a software that generates the token's code if activated. It happened in GTB late last year...they zapped someone's money amounting to millions (the acct and owner were based in Abuja). Very clean, effortless. Na only conscience fit worry them. No trace till tomorrow

GTBank then introduced setting up beneficiaries on ur IB platform and then confirming such. after which they also sent mails such as:

Dear TAYO, GBENGA ALHASSAN

A transaction with details outlined below has been initiated on your account: Bleep/XXXXXX/1/59/0
Beneficiary's name : ROTIMI,ABUBAKAR CHARLES
Beneficiary's Accounts No : Bleep/XXXXXX/1/59/0
Amount : N75,000
Transaction Date : 4/26/2013
Please reply this mail confirming you initiated this transaction and its details are accurate.

If you did NOT initiate this transaction, please call GTCONNECT; our 24 hour interactive contact centre on:+234 700 GTCONNECT, +234 700 482666328, +234 1 4602013, +234 80 3900 3900 or +234 80 2900 2900 immediately.
[size=8pt]We are compelled to honor the transaction and make funds available to the beneficiary if we do not receive any feedback from you within an hour.[/size]
Thank you for banking with us.

E-Fraud, Information Systems Audit.

Our banks are not yet matured for these secure transactions and so they use cheap (so to say) methods of securing funds.Our monies are not safe...they say use online banking or else we'll charge u for over the counter transactions...RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 10:12am On May 06, 2013
Only ICPC could be trusted to deliever you the much needed help in due time, you will have to contact the via their E-mail address.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Ehinafe: 10:16am On May 06, 2013
dannywest:

I've made only 1 transfer from the account and that was 30,000 to my GTBank account on the 31st of January to test how fast the service was.
I made the transfer here in the UK and it was from my personal computer which i dont share

I bank with GTBank, too, they keep updating their online banking security, where they are many steps ahead of potential fraudster. In addition to the 6 digit codes generated from the activation code, another 9-digit codes will be sent via SMS to the GSM number registered with the bank, at last stage of money transfer. Anyway, I have never experience this before.
I closed my account from one of the 2nd generation bank( name witheld)due to the fraudulent act of one of the paying staff, when some 100 Naira bill was slotted inside 1000 Naira bill, and did not get to know until I got back home, with no refund after complaining.

Well, I would suggest you employ the services of your lawyer to retrieve your money back, after which you should close that account fort-with. I am sure, they cannot withstand the corporate embarrassment the outcome of the legal war will do their corporate image.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Ufeolorun(m): 10:17am On May 06, 2013
Geezle: This is not peculiar...these guys have learnt hw to tap into people's tokens without having the device physically. They know the serial numbers of different tokens and the accts they r linked to. i believe there is a software that generates the token's code if activated. It happened in GTB late last year...they zapped someone's money amounting to millions (the acct and owner were based in Abuja). Very clean, effortless. Na only conscience fit worry them.

Our banks are not yet matured for these secure transactions and so they use cheap (so to say) methods of securing funds.Our monies are not safe...they say use online banking or else we'll charge u for over the counter transactions...RUBBISH
njazra: Did you receive any mail from diamond bank telling you to click on a link to activate your account or confirm your account? I think your account was hacked(Phishing), some hackers might have send you a fake link that looks like the real diamond bank and prompt you to update your account. I receive those emails every time from those hungry scammers, they are very smart and heartless.

Its better you write the ICPC or EFCC and let them investigate the account the money was transferred to, Sorry bro.
blkmum700: @op
i think You have fall a victim of Phishing scam,Maybe you Updated link sent to your email by fraudster,it's doesn't matter if you share your computer or not,Once you click on a Phishing scam site and update your information,the information automatically goes to the fraudster email address which they use later to log into the Original bank website,but i still think the bank should be able to arrest the account owners where the funds are transferred to since you said you don't transfer those money,it's very stupid for them to tell you an email was sent to your computer and if they can't arrest the account owner then it must be an insider job that's why they don't want to arrest them.Please search for Phishing scam on google so you don't fall a victim again.
why are u guys sounding as if this is some hitech machinations,even if an account is hacked into,the hacker would still need to add payees before any movement could take place,what stops the bank from sending an instant text to the mobile phone on the account that a new payee has been added.
The incompetence of most Nigerian businesses is mind boggling and they hardly show remorse.I am sad,very sad sad angry

3 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 10:18am On May 06, 2013
strangest: @op am afraid you may be a victim of phishing scam... Did you click on any link that is suppose to come from Diamond bank and supplied your info?

No I didnt supply my details anywhere
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 10:20am On May 06, 2013
JUO: don't you have limit on the account and why put all your money in that account?

I put the money so I can always transfer Naira to my wife in case of emergencies since she is Pregnant and I am not around.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 10:22am On May 06, 2013
ActiveMan: @op YOU HAVE CLICK A LINK SOMEWHERE AND HACKERS HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, THE BANK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIS, CHECK THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU SIGN WHEN YOU APPLY FOR THE ONLINE BANKING...

I didnt click any link anywhere. I always receive emails and sms from Banks not to enter my information anywhere so I am alert about that.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by na2day(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2013
Osalobua shocked shocked
Fear dey catch me o!
Hope my Nigerian bank account is safe?
Jisos shocked
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by question(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2013
OP,
The transfers where to other diamond bank accounts, so trace those accounts
You have to do your own investigations, ask yourself some questions.
Questions:
1. Is there any alert to block further debits and/or credits on the account?
2. Before the online theft, when was the last time you logged on the account?
3. Who do you suspect? Anyone around you or diamond bank staff? Which branch?
4. Do you have good, updated anti-spyware/malware on your PC or laptop?
5. What is your account officer (who opened the account, NOT customer service) saying/advising?

One thing is certain: the thief knows you have such amount that is why he left only a balance of N61

Goodluck.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 10:26am On May 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Get a lawyer to write the bank and threaten legal action. Don't just sit and fume in frustration. Take them to court.

Thank you so much, I just spoke to a lawyer this morning, he says he would prepare a letter before wednesday and copy all parties involved
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by yomalex(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2013
diamond staff have descended on this thread.

what the bank should do now is freeze all the accounts including yours and investigate
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Saintsquare(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2013
It was an INSIDE job.

7 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by outofthebox: 10:30am On May 06, 2013
Phishing and pharming here
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by konn: 10:34am On May 06, 2013
you could have just opened a domiciliary account and give ur wife ur ATM while u have the cheque book so as to avoid all these online fraud

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2013
That's why I LOVE GTBank. ....

The bank is a very useless bank for them to have told you that nonsense.

I will share this scam on my blog. I just wish other bloggers can do same...

It can happen to anybody.

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 10:38am On May 06, 2013
konn: you could have just opened a domiciliary account and give ur wife ur ATM while u have the cheque book so as to avoid all these online fraud

I wanted access to Naira since a Dom account would mean her converting Pouunds/Dollars to Naira first which wouldn't be practical in Emergencies. With naira I can just transfer instantly to her account and she withdraws via ATM anytime
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 10:38am On May 06, 2013
JideTheBlogger: That's why I LOVE GTBank. ....

The bank is a very useless bank for them to have told you that nonsense.

I will share this scam on my blog. I just wish other bloggers can do same...

It can happen to anybody.

Thank You very much Jide
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Alore: 10:39am On May 06, 2013
Diamond Bank seems to be notorious for mysterious debit on customer's account. A colleague of mine had some shortage in his account which gave him no alert whatsoever of such transaction. It was resolved after he began to take it up with the branch. What if he didn't notice?
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nuke: 10:40am On May 06, 2013
I don't understand why some yahoo boys and members of staff of diamond bank will come on this thread to justify what is wrong. phishing or whatever it is, clicked on link or not, The questions are; What happened to his token and how did the token security get breached? How come the bank has not acting by trying to block the accounts and trace the phone numbers on the accounts and the pictures? We all know sim cards are now registered, and even if the accounts require no referee, who ever opened the accounts should have carried out a KYC by verifying either nepa bill or some other documents. Tracking the people behind this is the responsibility of the bank. The token did not perform its function. The bank also creates accounts to be used in perpetrating Fraud and CBN should be made aware of this by the Lawyer.

Sometime in 2006, I reported my bank card as stolen after I was robbed to first bank, Firstbank put a hold on the card, I was issued new cards about 5 times, all the cards were retained the moment I put it in the machine, anything linked to the account was blocked and that went on for about 6 months though I had substantial amount of money in the account then. That is how banks should operate and protect customers even if it means causing some discomfort

@OP, even when your money is refunded, make sure you get to the root of the matter to discourage criminals from continuing this act

5 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by IseOluwa777(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2013
njazra: Did you receive any mail from diamond bank telling you to click on a link to activate your account or confirm your account? I think your account was hacked(Phishing), some hackers might have send you a fake link that looks like the real diamond bank and prompt you to update your account. I receive those emails every time from those hungry scammers, they are very smart and heartless.

Its better you write the ICPC or EFCC and let them investigate the account the money was transferred to, Sorry bro.

Even if he fell for phishing, there is no way they can do any transfer transaction without access to the token device. The token device is a physical hardware that generates a new random code everytime you press it. Only the bank software and not even the staff, knows the algorithm that can decode and validate the code generated by the token.. So its either their tokens are compromised and fake..(which would be the fault of the bank and makes them liable) or someone had access to th op's token and wrecked the havoc....Either way, the enemy is within and not far away.

The bank has to proove that the token codes generated originated from the op's token or else they are liable..

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Ebestsmscom: 10:45am On May 06, 2013
This guys shouting phishing is planning something else.
Don't forget that this is Naija and bankers has done a lot of things in the past.

I think 70% of those guys shouting "phishing" are Diamond bank agents.

Remember there MUST be a token before you carry out the transaction.

Don't tell me that you can use a token number twice because you can't, talking with experience from GTBank portal.

I will blame the op a bit, reason is because Diamond bank are still infant, their security rating is 40% and that is why I use GTBank because the security makes a bit sense.

PS: Always use GTBank if you want to do this kind of transfer.

I have an account with diamond bank but I must tell you, I don't keep anything that will annoy me when I loss it. Because there are a lot of invisible hands, they taught me a lesson last two years.

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by humantoy(m): 10:47am On May 06, 2013
It is impossible for your account to be defrauded if your token device is not compromised.The only way it could have been compromised is if somebody probably in connivance with a bank staff requested for and actually collected another token on your account.
First of all,check if your token device is still active.If you realize it is no longer active,somebody must have requested for a token device on your account and locked you out of your own account making it possible to defraud you.There is no way your token is still active and secured with you and your account is defrauded.
Another possibility dis maybe you responded to one of these various dubious fake sites and the bad boys got hold of your username and password and they may now send a mail to the bank with your details requesting for a token device which may have been given to them especially if they have an insider in the bank.
So,first of all,check if your token device is still active.God will help you recover your money.

4 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by atasteve: 10:49am On May 06, 2013
Simple, give all these evidences to your wife and tell her to go to their head office in V.I. and insist on seeing either one of their EDs or senior officers.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Burger01(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2013
sad
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Burger01(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2013
Ebestsms.com:
This guys shouting phishing is planning something else.
Don't forget that this is Naija and bankers has done a lot of things in the past.

I think 70% of those guys shouting "phishing" are Diamond bank agents.

Dats all..
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by babslepe: 10:51am On May 06, 2013
i am sure either you or your wife have clicked or filled their numerous links they put in their phishing emails nobody would agree to that now since there is trouble check yourself well and question your wife .Cause last month i received an email from a bank that i don't bank with to update my account information so maybe your wife also got something like this and filled in your information that is only a guess ooo grin grin grin or maybe you are one of the type that go into the banking hall to divulge important and unnecessary information at the bank cause that makes you an easy target if you have greedy and corrupt bank officials present as at that time.Cause my mom had same experience with one of this old generation banks she discovered a withdrawal from her account almost 70k done via ATM and she was yet to collect the atm from the bank but her money was refunded and i know it was done by someone in her branch cause the case was not handled properly even after we requested to see the picture of the person that made the withdrawal,so open your eyes bankers also steal . Then lastly i think you can still transfer without token cause on the log in page you have log in with token and log in without token .I also do internet banking and have token but fear has not allowed me to use it before cause of situations like this i go over the counter the worst i do is ATM withdrawal and i do that in fear cause i feel most Nigerian banks lack the technical know how to handle all this modern day technology they just want to meet up (service wise) without considering the customers and the risk they expose us to .
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by prettyboi1(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2013
Whether or not the bank knows who or what stole your money,they ideally have a mandatory & uncompromising duty to protect you (the customer ) & your money/funds. They can't just leave you hanging & they also shouldn't keep you waiting for too long,we're talking about family funds/upkeep here. You should not waste time bro,take legal action against this bank. That's the only way they'd work & work fast. Involve a lawyer,Involve the Efcc & also Icpc. I wish you all the best,sorry about the troubles &inconveniences.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by nairabacks(f): 10:54am On May 06, 2013
I don't do any online banking whatsoever, but this doesn't stop them from sending me emails to reset my password.

Moral of the story,don't do internet banking.
Its just to risky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Deal In Agric Products From North / Arthur Eze Hosts Birthday Reception For Prince Olisa, Visits Prisons, IDP Camps / How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.