Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Warning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning (4703 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings / Warning: Please Check Your Fire Extinguisher, You May Be Shocked It Is Empty / My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning by eastermaris(f): 10:22am On May 06, 2013
Pls i need advice from experienced hands
Re: Warning by bravolad(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2013
It is your SRS (Airbag) warning. A scan should tell you what to do. Get your vehicle scanned by a competent auto garage.

Hope this helps...?
Re: Warning by lonelydora: 9:44pm On May 06, 2013
It's your SRS(Airbag)malfunction warning. The problem could be faulty airbag or driver-side seat-belt sensor. I will get back to you for more details.
Re: Warning by issy1500: 10:41pm On May 06, 2013
It is ur SRS(Airbag) malfunction warning.
Depending on the No of Airbags that you av in ur Car, there seems to be a problem with one of the sensors.
Either the one @ the Drivers side, Passenger side or rear Seat / Doors
Re: Warning by nissparts(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2013
Did you remove our car seat recently or performed some major engine work or changed your car radio set?
Re: Warning by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2013
eastermaris: Pls i need advice from experienced hands. My 2005 toyota avensis started displaying warning lately and my mech seem to be more confused than myself.
Its a red warning picture of a man sitting on the front seat with a round ball-like thing in front of him like a steering. Pls what cld be wrong? Thanks house

nothing to worry its the air bag its just needs resetting by the OBDI scan but most basic scans cant reset airbags lights
Re: Warning by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 07, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

nothing to worry its the air bag its just needs resetting by the OBDI scan but most basic scans cant reset airbags lights
ur wrong sir, resetting the malfunction light doesn't solve the problem, rather it stops it from showing on the instrument panel and when this happens with the fault still in place, it could lead to no deployment during a crash which suppose to trigger the airbag deployment or the airbag could suddenly be deployed even when there is no crash and that isn't what u'd like. @ OP u need to be worried about such light. D light u described is "SRS airbag malfunction lamp" it comes up when there is a malfunction with any of ur vehicle's airbag module, its relay, or its sensor. Don't just let anybody reset/flash the code for u, instead take the car to a competent auto workshop for scanning, from the scan result, the fault can be traced. If the fault is traced pls ensure that the repairs is carried out by competent/ qualified mechanic. Thanks
Re: Warning by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:32pm On May 07, 2013
lomomike: ur wrong sir, resetting the malfunction light doesn't solve the problem, rather it stops it from showing on the instrument panel and when this happens with the fault still in place, it could lead to no deployment during a crash which suppose to trigger the airbag deployment or the airbag could suddenly be deployed even when there is no crash and that isn't what u'd like. @ OP u need to be worried about such light. D light u described is "SRS airbag malfunction lamp" it comes up when there is a malfunction with any of ur vehicle's airbag module, its relay, or its sensor. Don't just let anybody reset/flash the code for u, instead take the car to a competent auto workshop for scanning, from the scan result, the fault can be traced. If the fault is traced pls ensure that the repairs is carried out by competent/ qualified mechanic. Thanks

dont lie to people as long the airbag has not deployed, all it needs is to reset unless if it always poping back after resetting

thats the reason it lights up when you switch on to position I or II then switches off the car will be doing a self test, if everything if fine it switches off, if it is not it stays on, meaning it needs to be reset

in most cases airbags dont need fixing its just a reset if the airbag has not deployed or it is just replacing with another one and the self test will detected the new connected one
Re: Warning by nissparts(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2013
Which is why I asked if he performed those repairs recently.
Those could lead to the airbag sensor needing a reset.
If he has not been in an accident what he needs is a reset
Re: Warning by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 08, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

dont lie to people as long the airbag has not deployed, all it needs is to reset unless if it always poping back after resetting

thats the reason it lights up when you switch on to position I or II then switches off the car will be doing a self test, if everything if fine it switches off, if it is not it stays on, meaning it needs to be reset

in most cases airbags dont need fixing its just a reset if the airbag has not deployed or it is just replacing with another one and the self test will detected the new connected one

Mr ZIM DRILL pls wetin bring LIAR enter this chat? I don't know if u realize telling someone to reset the warning light indicated in his instrument panel is a con suggestion cos it only hides the warning but it doesn't necessarily solve the problem which is still lingering. @ OP pls ignore such trash when someone tell u to "just reset" any fault that trigger ur warning light to show up. Take that car to a competent diagnosis centre for scanning, then engage the service of an experienced + careful mechanic to correct the fault. Pls read ur car owner manual for more information.
Re: Warning by nissparts(m): 5:57pm On May 08, 2013
Lomomike, you know not what you speak of.
Accept corrections when they are given

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Wlvoz-JjY

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61-2nd-generation-2005/174401-resetting-airbag-light-after-seat-removal.html

You cannot reset the airbag light if there is an actual problem with it. It will not go off.
If it has just been turned on by something you did, which actually happens once in a while, then the reset will work.
Re: Warning by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 08, 2013
nissparts: Lomomike, you know not what you speak of.
Accept corrections when they are given
. Thanks Mr. Nissparts, I know I am not a "mr know it all" I also accept correction, but before I comment on any topic at all, I ensure I do my research or have a good knowledge about that topic. but what wrong did I commit to make ZIM DRILL label me a liar?
nissparts: You cannot reset the airbag light if there is an actual problem with it. It will not go off...
this is this point I was trying to emphasize. @ op should take his car for diagnosis and correct any abnormalities in the airbag system. Pls refer to my initial comments on this topic. Thanks
Re: Warning by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:05pm On May 08, 2013
lomomike:

Mr ZIM DRILL pls wetin bring LIAR enter this chat? I don't know if u realize telling someone to reset the warning light indicated in his instrument panel is a con suggestion cos it only hides the warning but it doesn't necessarily solve the problem which is still lingering. @ OP pls ignore such trash when someone tell u to "just reset" any fault that trigger ur warning light to show up. Take that car to a competent diagnosis centre for scanning, then engage the service of an experienced + careful mechanic to correct the fault. Pls read ur car owner manual for more information.

i dealt with such issues almost everyday

97 % they just need a reset a major fault the sign will come back after resetting which is very rare

1 Like

Re: Warning by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 08, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

i dealt with such issues almost everyday

97 % they just need a reset a major fault the sign will come back after resetting which is very rare
sorry sir, no offence here, are you saying u just reset a code that indicates a problem straight away or u scan, decrypt the code, locate the problem spot and correct the problem?

1 Like

Re: Warning by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:01pm On May 08, 2013
lomomike: sorry sir, no offence here, are you saying u just reset a code that indicates a problem straight away or u scan, decrypt the code, locate the problem spot and correct the problem?

this what you are forgetting

before resetting the airbag you scan the car if there is no airbag code or other stored codes then you just reset the air bag nothing else

if it is the air bag module that is faulty then no matter how many times you reset it will shown up on the dashboard and also a code would have been stored in the ECU then you go deeper in trouble shooting which means it is not just a reset that is needed

in 97 % of time you dont touch anything except resetting (when no code is shown) and switch on the car then car does its self test (if everything is ok then the airbag light switches off) if not you are back to square one

(1) (Reply)

Mikkyphp's Free Paint Job / Made In Aba Electric Kekee / Nissan Murano Vs Infiniti FX35. Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.