Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,542 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? (3286 Views)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Fraud Alert: Can This Be A Handiwork Of A Nigerian Webmaster / Whats This Hype About? Web 2.0. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by mavtrevor(m): 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2008
PLS NOTE THAT THE CVBANC SCRATCH CARD PIN NUMBER ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE ONLY ONCE, DURING WHICH YOU ARE TO CREATE A MEMBER ID (USERNAME) AND PASSWORD OF YOUR CHOICE.

SUBSEQUENT ENTRY INTO THE DATABASE WILL BE WITH YOUR MEMBER ID(USERNAME)AND PASSWORD, AND NOT WITH THE PIN CODE.

YOU ARE ADVISED TO ENSURE UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY DURING YOUR FIRST REGISTRATION ONLINE (UPS IS USEFUL) SO AS TO AVOID LOSING YOUR DATA BEFORE YOUR USERNAME HAS BEEN REGISTERED.

A PINCODE, ONCE USED, CANNOT BE RETRIEVED AGAIN, SO PLEASE, LET US GET IT RIGHT BY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS ABOVE.

YOU ARE ALSO TO NOTE THAT ALL THE INDIVIDUALS WHOSE CVS WE RECEIVE THAT MEETS ALL THE CRITERIA AS SET BY FRSC WILL BE INVITED FOR THE APTITUDE TEST.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT ANY APPLICATION LETTER ON THIS LINK. YOUR REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION OF YOUR CVS IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED.

Thank you.

MD/CEO
Cvbancnigeria.com

If they know they cant design their database to be able to recognise the pin that has been used and the one that has not been used, then they should disappear and stop collecting peoples money for nothing.

Imagine you want to use the pin and there is a network failure which can happen anytime without notice, or even power failure, do we all have UPS?

They should look for a way and solve this problem cos you dont expect someone who has purchased the pin b4 to go and purchase it again because he has no guarantee it wont happen again.

So cvbancnigeria.com should be reviewed. Except its another scam in the Country.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by uspry1(f): 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2008
I looked at site, cvbancnigeria.com that is Nigeria database-driven employment search. I don't think it is fraud. . .it is much similar to the USA/UK employment search sites with AUTHENTICITY LOGIN SYSTEM.

Only require to obtain CVbanc scratch card from any Zenith bank or other vendor near you. They ARE WARNING you to ensure that you have UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY (UPS) while you are still registering online WITHOUT WORRY ABOUT THE ELECTRIC POWER FAILURE. Because the registration online takes longer to fill out more than 30 minutes.

Most Nigerians, who can afford owning UPS, have no problem accessing cvbancnigeria.com.

Using CVbanc scratch card PIN NUMBER you can access the website ONLY ONCE that (i assume) will prompt you creating your own MEMBER ID(username) and PASSWORD OF YOUR CHOICE.

After you done registered cvbanc online, then you will use ONLY MEMBER ID and PASSWORD to check, edit, or delete your data there. NO NEEDED TO USE PIN NUMBER anymore.

The reason they do that is to eliminate JUNK UNNECESSARY CVs that does not match the criteria they seek for and SCAMMED by potential job seekers.

Only they need YOUR REGISTRATION and CVs submitted at CVbancnigeria.com.

I hope it helps!!!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by mavtrevor(m): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2008
NO IT DOESN'T HELP, IN A CASE WHERE SOMEONE PURCHASED A PIN AND DURING USING IT, SOMETHING LIKE NETWORK OR POWER FAILURE OCCRS WHICH IS INEVITABLE IN THIS COUNTRY HAPPENS,THEN YOU WANT TO TELL ME THE PERSON SHOULD FORGET THE PIN? AND HIS MONEY IS WASTED?

COMEON LETS TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH, LOOK AT NOUNONLINE.COM FOR EXAMPLE, ITS ALMOST THE SAME TYPE OF PROCESS THAT THEY ARE USING TO REGISTER, BUT THEIR SYSTEM HAS BEEN CONFIGURED TO UNDERSTAND WHEN A PIN HAS BEEN CONSUMED AND WHEN IT HAS NOT.

SO, I WILL RECOMMED CVBANCNIGERIA DO SOMETHING TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION COS ALOT OF NIGERIANS ARE CRYING.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by bestcomm(m): 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2008
Mio ni dasi oro yi, which means i no go put mouth for this discussion of yours, make una better go build una own as if say the thing easy like that.

Cheers
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by mavtrevor(m): 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2008
Then make those wey wan build am ,do am well and stop extorting dough from us for nothing.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 6:35pm On May 17, 2008
I don't suppose they (cvbanc that is ) put a noose around anyone's neck, dragging them to come and register - it's not compulsory, or is it now?!! And it simply not the only website that offers one employment opportunities; only that it's the only on that is actually a databank, (or an archive, if you please) that actually collates data of us grads that ordinarily would have been going from place to place, under the sun or rain, trying to squeeze our ''green cvs'' thru ever tightened prospective employer gates!

Come to think of it, guaranteed equal opportunity re: recruitment in Nigeria?!! And for only N650 one-off payment?!! When will Nigerians start to appreciate good things. D cvbanc woman deserve accolades for daring to dare!!

And I'm not going to hesitate to give her and her team a 'THUMBS UP''
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 6:43pm On May 17, 2008
Mr/miss mactrevor

Quick question- did u actually try registering on their site and had problems? And if yes, did u try their helpdesk:

I'm asking cos I know they have good cus. service; pretty much like a call center where their advisors attend to our queries on the fone and by email,

My sister had to call them on one occasion, at 11.23pm and lo and behold, someone actually answered and told us that whenever they had ongoing recruitment drivves, or ''campaigns'' like she called it, their cus service is 24hrs!

Now, can u beat that?
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by methodman(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2008
hey guys, what are we all saying, This guy is trying to tell us something and all you people do is to criticise him, Thats pretty bad.

They should do something to that effect.That will even make them more recognised.

CVBanigeria, Do something pls
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by A2J(m): 2:00pm On May 27, 2008
Oga o, Na wa o, Nigerian will always remain nigerian, always devising way to defraud their fellow man, what kind of rubbish excuse is this when they fully know that we are in Nigeria where Nepa(PHCN) holds light anything and Network problem.

Get your ways straight guy, stop defrauding,
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 3:53pm On May 28, 2008
A2J

At first, I was actually getting upset, considering the fact that ups' abound and all; but on second thoughts, and looking at what you wrote closely, I thought otherwise, as I figured that you can't even get your grammar straight, not to even talk of reasoning appropriately, so, there, It's a wonder that some pple actually got these so-called degrees and diplomas!

My candid suggestion? Pls stop all these bashing of the woman and move on with your lives. A finishing school, for you, will surely not be out of place, no?! lol
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2008
THIS IS TO INFORM ALL APPLICANTS FOR THE FRSC POSITIONS THAT THE LIST OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND THE DATE AND VENUES FOR THE EXAMINATION HAS BEEN PUBLISHED ON THE FRSC WEBSITE AT www.frsc.gov.ng.

THE EXAMINATION DATE HAS BEEN FIXED AS THE 2ND OF AUGUST, 2008. THESE CANDIDATES WILL SUBSEQUENTLY RECEIVE AN EMAIL AS A FURTHER NOTIFICATION OF SHORTLISTING, AND INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT TO BRING TO THE TEST VENUES.

PLEASE CHECK FOR YOUR NAMES THERE, AND NOTE THAT ENQUIRIES WILL BE WELCOME ONLY FROM SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME.

THANK YOU.

THIS IS TO INFORM ALL APPLICANTS FOR THE FRSC POSITIONS THAT THE LIST OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND THE DATE AND VENUES FOR THE EXAMINATION HAS BEEN PUBLISHED ON THE FRSC WEBSITE AT www.frsc.gov.ng.

THE EXAMINATION DATE HAS BEEN FIXED AS THE 2ND OF AUGUST, 2008. THESE CANDIDATES WILL SUBSEQUENTLY RECEIVE AN EMAIL AS A FURTHER NOTIFICATION OF SHORTLISTING, AND INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT TO BRING TO THE TEST VENUES.

PLEASE CHECK FOR YOUR NAMES THERE, AND NOTE THAT ENQUIRIES WILL BE WELCOME ONLY FROM SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THE ABOVE MSG WAS CULLED FROM THE CVBANC WEBSITE, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY QUESTION? SO, JUST WHERE DOES THE ABOVE LEAVE D AJ2S, MAVTREVORS, ETC. THEY SHOULD NOW COVER THEIR HEADS IN SHAME AND GO APOLOGISE 2 D POOR WOMAN WHO IS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!!!! SHAME!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by DualCore1: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
The DBA and entire dev crew should apply a few OO techniques to how transactions r commited on their Db. It coulda been set in such a way tht a transaction is not committed until all d operations r carried out. If an operation starts nd isnt completed, any change made to d Db in d process shld b reverted nd d Db rolled back.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2008
transactions ''committed''??!!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by DualCore1: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
joge77:

transactions ''committed''??!!

dude i really appreciate it wen peeps use their head wen making reference to my posts on bulletin boards. what sense do u want me to make ouTTa ur post now? maybe u would want to explain.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2008
Your 'grammar', of course!! Transactions are never ''committed''; rather, they are either 'put through', 'carried out' or 'effected!!!!' And by the way, its 'committed' and not ''commited'', to quote you!!

Also, it may interest you to know that despite all, the cvbanc group are forging ahead, what with their impending aptitude test on the 9th of this month and the published list of short-listed applicants in the newspapers and the respective websites involved.

My advice? Go look for proper and more rewarding channels to vent your anger and leave them alone to continue the good work which they have started, !
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2008
mavtrevor
Insert Quote
PLS NOTE THAT THE CVBANC SCRATCH CARD PIN NUMBER ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE ONLY ONCE, DURING WHICH YOU ARE TO CREATE A MEMBER ID (USERNAME) AND PASSWORD OF YOUR CHOICE.

SUBSEQUENT ENTRY INTO THE DATABASE WILL BE WITH YOUR MEMBER ID(USERNAME)AND PASSWORD, AND NOT WITH THE PIN CODE.

YOU ARE ADVISED TO ENSURE UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY DURING YOUR FIRST REGISTRATION ONLINE (UPS IS USEFUL) SO AS TO AVOID LOSING YOUR DATA BEFORE YOUR USERNAME HAS BEEN REGISTERED.

A PINCODE, ONCE USED, CANNOT BE RETRIEVED AGAIN, SO PLEASE, LET US GET IT RIGHT BY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS ABOVE.

YOU ARE ALSO TO NOTE THAT ALL THE INDIVIDUALS WHOSE CVS WE RECEIVE THAT MEETS ALL THE CRITERIA AS SET BY FRSC WILL BE INVITED FOR THE APTITUDE TEST.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT ANY APPLICATION LETTER ON THIS LINK. YOUR REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION OF YOUR CVS IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED.

Thank you.

If they know they can't design their database to be able to recognise the pin that has been used and the one that has not been used, then they should disappear and stop collecting peoples money for nothing.

Imagine you want to use the pin and there is a network failure which can happen anytime without notice, or even power failure, do we all have UPS?

They should look for a way and solve this problem because you don't expect someone who has purchased the pin before to go and purchase it again because he has no guarantee it wont happen again.

So cvbancnigeria.com should be reviewed. Except its another scam in the Country

SO, WITH THE NEW DEVELOPMENT NOW, IE THE SHORTLISTING OUT AND EXAM DATE FIXED, WHAT DA Y'ALL HAV 2 SAY?? MAKES PEOPLE LIKE U LUK SILLY, EH, BUT I WARNED U, LOL
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by DualCore1: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2008
my advice kiddo, go and read up on atomicity in database transactions.

see why i hate talking to some Nigerian bred proggies, so much crap in yer filthy headz.
lord help u BSc boyz.

wht anger am i having, lol. whts ma biz with the site? does it look like i need a job? and i think u must be the wacko behind the dev of that site, thts why u come up with some shitty defense.

itz all good yo, shay effrybody wan write code, lol. stick it up bruv, go exchange mo' words with your level, my level too low for u so no worry, lol.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2008
SUCH FUNNY LANGUAGE! AND WITH YOUR SUPPOSEDLY ''VERY HIGH' LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE? SHAME!! WE THANK GOD FOR US ''BSC'' BOYS. IF ONLY YOU KNEW, LOL
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2008
Oh! And d supposedly ''Naija breed'' (to quote you) may just not be d so-called ''Nigerian breeds'' afterall.

If only pple wld wake up and smell da coffee,

Quick word of advice, nigger: you never can tell who's here bloggin' just as you are!!! Looool!

Good day, Aristotle, Or shall I say, Freud? Oh, too small eh?!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by DualCore1: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2008

thought i said u should ram with ur level'a pips?!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2008
Oh, I forgot Einstein, grin
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2008
''LEVEL!'' Did u just say ''LEVEL?'' Whatever that means in your dictionary, my dear, YOU CERTAINLY ARE NOT AND MAY NEVER B ABLE TO ''BE ON MY LEVEL!!!''

You certainly are in the dark as to who I am, and rightfully so, too,

Levels ke? Thank God for ''LEVELS'' o!! sad
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by DualCore1: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2008
this guy just dey find ma mouth sha, i'll soon ban u angry
yeap, ya high levels grin
berra go and read about tht atomicity thing so u'll know frm wht angle i waz coming from.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
The NERVE of this ignoramus!!!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by DualCore1: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2008
hmmmm
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by joge77: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2009
SHORTLISTING LAWYERS FOR A FEDERAL GOVERNMEN AGENCY

THERE'S A SHORTLISTING EXCERCISE ONGOING FOR LAWYERS. THIS IS TO FILL AN URGENT NEED FOR LAWYERS IN AN ESTEEMED GOVERNMENT AGENCY IN ABUJA. THE EXCERCISE WILL BE ON FOR ONLY 5 DAYS.

CVBANC MEMBERS WHO ARE LAWYERS, AND ARE YET TO UPDATE THEIR FULL DETAILS INCLUDING PHOTOGRAPHS ON THE DATABANK SHOULD DO SO ASAP, SO AS TO BE SHORTLISTED.

PERSONS OVER 28 YEARS NEED NOT APPLY.

MANAGEMENT

culled from d cvbanc website on the 10th of jan, 09.
Niggers, just 4 ur info!
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2009
@Dual Core

see why i hate talking to some Nigerian bred proggies, so much crap in yer filthy headz.
lord help u BSc boyz.

harsh but mostly true. cvbanc is a laudable project and is serving the purpose for which it was built, but it is mostly in Nigeria where there is such a concept as designing for the "Nigerian Environment" grin If you have worked with bespoke Accounting Systems (especially in the Stockbroking Business) you will know that 'Transactions' can be committed, uncommitted, reversed, modified, nullified, frauded, approved and finally posted in last years transaction logs (all outside industry standards and best practices for database design), but hey, the business goes on successfully since it has served its purpose.

Us Naija-bred proggies have come a long way (though the bus-stop is miles away) and yes we code our skills into our project (rather than look at what has advanced over the past 2 years) so the dearth of knowledge definitely shows through. Maybe the one-use only PIN is based on a revenue-generating model not a design consideration (or lack of) but surely if you know how to code a database, you will know at the most basic levels how to handle this sort of challenge.

@joge77

SUCH FUNNY LANGUAGE! AND WITH YOUR SUPPOSEDLY ''VERY HIGH' LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE? SHAME!! WE THANK GOD FOR US ''BSC'' BOYS. IF ONLY YOU KNEW, LOL

You have got yab talent, you might want to consider a career at Wazobia.com (part-time) grin but seriously, an issue was raised and rather that accept that some truth was put on the table, you have taken the matter in a biased way. so what if the PIN can no longer be retrieved, If MTN or GLO tried that on you everytime you needed to recharge your line, how would you react. I am just saying that the issue of NON-trieable (no yab my english cos no be my language) PINS is a playbook for the archives. things have changed so i am assuming that it is a deliberate design consideration (not a guffaw)

Granted the site is not a fraudulent venture wink i'd say it somewhat lays a bad (maybe lazy) example of how to code databases.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2009
@joge77

Niggers, just 4 ur info!

is surely in bad taste sad but no sweat, we all do what we want online.

Let us bookmark the site and come back in say June 30 2009 and review its performance
[list]
[li]Business-wise (did it make money to justify its existence)[/li]
[li]Value-wise (did it do more than what was expected)[/li]
[li]Legacy-wise (did it cause other similar, more advanced, better sites to emerge)[/li]
[/list]

@joge77, just a wild question, you would not happen to have been involved with MACTAYTAK in at some point in your life time would u.
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2009
Honestly, we have Morons in most of our organisations

same thing with waec or is it NECO, you can forfeit your money when registreing which shouldnt be so

The payment for the scratch card represents the exam fee and should not be paid twice
Re: Fraud From Cvbancnigeria: Whats This? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2009
i just took time to go thru the posts and i will say yes to Dual Core

The DBA and entire dev crew should apply a few OO techniques to how transactions r commited on their Db. It coulda been set in such a way tht a transaction is not committed until all d operations r carried out. If an operation starts nd isnt completed, any change made to d Db in d process shld b reverted nd d Db rolled back.

@joge, I pray you dont learn this the hard way, It is good to always read almost everything you come across,

here is a link for you
http://www.tech-faq.com/transactional-database.shtml

(1) (Reply)

Wamp Server Ebook Ft Install Wamp, Write Php / Mysql / Mysql Console / E-naira.com, Goldnairaexchange.com, Epaymonster.com Indicted In The LR Saga / Help!!! Help!!! Who Can Assist Me In Creating A Wapka Site..please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.