Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,528 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. (7730 Views)

Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down / Web4africa Ltd. Acquires Alireta.com Hosting Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2013
Hello all,

I needed to host a domain for my company website, and a dedicated server at that, so I decided to try web4africa.net which is also web4africa.com. After chatting with their representative online. They told me I will get my account activated after making payment. But up till today, the account has not been activated neither have I receive any information regarding my dedicated server. As if that was not enough they have already started charging me what they have not provided me with. Now to post in my client login dashboard that my account will expirer on the 1st of july. When they have not giving me any information concerning what I have paid for. They have not giving me anything yet.

I am saying this because I wan't everyone to becareful and stay off web4africa because they are fraudsters. I read about them online too and they have such a very bad name. So please all beware.

I will post some more information later to prove my point.

Cheers
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Afam4eva(m): 8:03am On Jun 04, 2013
I don't think they're fraudsters, as i've also had dealing with them. They may just have been incompetent in that regard. I find it strange though that you would go to Web4Africa for a dedicated server. This kind of hosting is very sensitive and not just any provider can handle it. You should have asked for reviews before joining their bandwagon.

2 Likes

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by A2J(m): 8:03am On Jun 04, 2013
Fraud is a strong word.....
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 8:19am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't think they're fraudsters, as i've also had dealing with them. They may just have been incompetent in that regard. I find it strange though that you would go to Web4Africa for a dedicated server. This kind of hosting is very sensitive and not just any provider can handle it. You should have asked for reviews before joining their bandwagon.

Thank yo for your message, but what other word do I need to discribe a hosting company that is trying to cheat? they are obviously duping me. I paid 35,840.0 for just one month and this is their firs message to me.

Hello Kelvin,

Your bank deposit has been confirmed and your order processed.
Thank you for choosing Web4Africa.

Note: You can settle your future invoices online using your ATM card.
In Ghana, you can pay Web4Africa with your eTranzact card. Simply select "eTranzact (Ghana)" on your invoice or checkout page.
In Nigeria, you can pay Web4Africa with your Interswitch Verve or GTB Naira Mastercard. For either cards, simply select "Interswitch (Nigeria)" on your invoice or checkout page.

Warm regards,

'Layo,
Billing Department,
Web4Africa Ltd.

They used the word processed. which means that my order has been processed and my domain is and dedicated server information is suppose to be ready. Yet up till today they have not giving me my login information to my dedicated server. And they have already started charging me for the service they are not rendering. If you say that is not fraud, please tell me the right word to use. Because to me that is nothing short of fraud

1 Like

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Afam4eva(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2013
Have you contacted them? If you have, what did they say?

Sincerely, after the money you have paid expires, i'll suggest that you go for a foreign dedicated host. They're more reliable. No offense to Nigerian web hosting companies.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by miracle4(m): 8:28am On Jun 04, 2013
bro try arvixe or hostgator
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 8:34am On Jun 04, 2013
So, I wrote them that they should send me my account information. and this was their second reply(note that they will not reply instatly, they will wait until the next day before replying) So that way they will be delaying my time and since they have already started charging me, they will have nothing to lose.

After they told me my account has been processed, I asked them for my account information because I was suspecting a fraud. and this is their reply

Hello Kelvin,

We are forwarding your concern to our sales department. You will be updated soon.

Regards,
Dina
Web4Africa Support
http://www.web4africa.net/clients/

Then I wrote them again for reply and their reply was

Hello Kelvin,

I apologize for the delayed response.
The server is currently being setup.
Warm regards,

Oluniyi,
Web4Africa Support

and that was all
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 8:38am On Jun 04, 2013
This was their last message to me

Hello kelvin kunle,

The setup has been completed.
The server IP is 50.********
Warm regards,

Oluniyi,
Web4Africa Support

They are fraudsters. They never provided me with any information to login into my dedicated server, no root login or passowrd information. And I have sent them tons of mails and also and even called their phone but no reply yet.

And the worst part is that they have already started charging me for something they have not even giving me anything to access at all. I also paid for a cpanel, nothing till now
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 8:39am On Jun 04, 2013
i will be back
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Afam4eva(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2013
When did you receive the last message from them?
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 9:08am On Jun 04, 2013
That was yesterday. I paid for a month. And they are already charging me without giving me what I paid for at aleast
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
Order has been process. After I sent them link webpage.
Nevertheless, they 4days they charged me for without providing my tools was not refunded

Thank you!
Web4africa
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by skyhighweb(m): 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
are u sure Web4africa.net is also Web4africa.com
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by skyhighweb(m): 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
are u sure Web4africa.net is also Web4africa.com have u tried contacting them both.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by bigdot1759(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
anonymoux: Hello all,

I needed to host a domain for my company website, and a dedicated server at that, so I decided to try web4africa.net which is also web4africa.com. After chatting with their representative online. They told me I will get my account activated after making payment. But up till today, the account has not been activated neither have I receive any information regarding my dedicated server. As if that was not enough they have already started charging me what they have not provided me with. Now to post in my client login dashboard that my account will expirer on the 1st of july. When they have not giving me any information concerning what I have paid for. They have not giving me anything yet.

I am saying this because I wan't everyone to becareful and stay off web4africa because they are fraudsters. I read about them online too and they have such a very bad name. So please all beware.

Cheers
don't waste yr time, go to namecheap.com for everything u want to do with hosting or utiware.net or .com. rite?
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by anonymoux: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
ok
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by jimfend: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2013
I needed to host a site, after considering many options, I choose web4africa since I can easily pay with bank deposit(I dnt have a MasterCard then)and because I have registered a domain name with them in the past and their service seemed ok. Thank God for my friend who suggested I should pay for 1 month for a start. After paying for a one month hosting plan I was given some information to log in to my Cpanel, I logged in uploaded my project, configured everything and everything worked. I logged off. Guess what? that is the end! I came back a couple of hours later to visit my Cpanel only to get "server not found," error, I tried visiting my site and got the same error, this continued till my 1 month payment expired. I contacted them when I started facing this ordeal(Not once, not twice), but I got no reply.. both my codes and my money went just like that. cry Their Domain registration service is OK, You can register your domain with them, I have registered some few domains with them. But FLEE from their hosting services!!!
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by skyhighweb(m): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
better yet use justhost.com they are better
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by jimfend: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
skyhighweb: better yet use justhost.com they are better

Yeah, I have being considering justhost.com lately, but I have not really seen any evidences to prove they good. Have you hosted any site with them?
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Scibrain(m): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
They are a scam, they just scammed me for a domain now. $12. I am now reporting them to google to get their site of its search results.
this is as @ December 24 2014
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
Omo forget all these nigerian host and server!
Note: they are not frauds. Just that they are incompetent and their service is too poor. That's all. I'd suggest you apologies for to them after these thread.

Moreover am suggesting u go for a foreign dedicated server. I'm using liquid web.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by endyuzo(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2015
pls go to godaddy or web.com
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by pintogen: 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
anonymoux:
Hello all,

Cheers

My Brother i feel your Pain, I paid for Domain registration with Web4Africa since 3days Now, they refuse to activate the Domain nor initiate the domain registration, have sent them tons of Mail they never reply nor tell me what is going on , i chat with their Customer care online several times but they keep telling me they are sending my request to the highest authority and till now they never reply my Tickets nor Activate Domain, I paid for my Domain somewhere else and is up now running. I have requested for my refund, they never reply nor send my refund.

Please guys i beg you don't deal with this guys they are big time scammer and we need to report them to the Consumer Protection Right board for collecting money from clients and not providing the service.

1 Like

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by yungprince05: 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
pintogen:

My Brother i feel your Pain, I paid for Domain registration with Web4Africa since 3days Now, they refuse to activate the Domain nor initiate the domain registration, have sent them tons of Mail they never reply nor tell me what is going on , i chat with their Customer care online several times but they keep telling me they are sending my request to the highest authority and till now they never reply my Tickets nor Activate Domain, I paid for my Domain somewhere else and is up now running. I have requested for my refund, they never reply nor send my refund.

Please guys i beg you don't deal with this guys they are big time scammer and we need to report them to the Consumer Protection Right board for collecting money from clients and not providing the service.

@ pintogen bro please where did you later get your domain, thanks
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by toycom001(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2016
jimfend:

Yeah, I have being considering justhost.com lately, but I have not really seen any evidences to prove they good. Have you hosted any site with them?
why not try Josidelhosting.com once you sign up and confirm your payment (which can be done vis phone call or email) your service goes live and u'll never regret it.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by automaticgate(m): 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
I just fall for their trap too before reading this, 3 days gone and two of the most important domain name which belong to me and also the one for renewal has been snap up somewhere else, all these happening withing a space of 3 days.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by hostkobo(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
automaticgate:
I just fall for their trap too before reading this, 3 days gone and two of the most important domain name which belong to me and also the one for renewal has been snap up somewhere else, all these happening withing a space of 3 days.

I fell for their trap before but thank God im back up and kicking.

what is your domain name?
what services did you request.
chat me up on whatsapp, my contacts in my signature

regards
HK
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by Bincon: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nigerian Web Hosting companies are plain resellers. I host with MifiHost.com and I can tell u their services are excellent and cheapest . I upgraded my plan to a dedicated server cos of the large database of my clients. There's a promo on. Check them out.
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hello,

PayPal have loads of complaints that can even make you not to think of them but in all they are the best around the world.

Issue are bound to occure.
I host three sites with web4 Africa and they have never messed up. They never go offline your site's runs daily for a full year.

May be this is a one off prob. Try open support ticket and talk to them or Call them.

2 Likes

Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by frank417: 6:52pm On May 11, 2016
what about bluehost? anyone tried?
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by emcee4love(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2016
Why not try Beta Host Limited

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in Nigeria starting @ N3,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Also they are giving out Free Hosting For 1yr with Coupon Code: FREEHOST

OFFER END THIS FRIDAY 13/05/2016. HURRY & GRAB YOURS. I HAVR GRAB MINE OOO. THIS CODE ONLY WORKS ON BASIC PLAN ONLY

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com/webhosting.html

Note: This Offer Only Works on Our Basic Plan

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site:
http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. by faceland: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
I paid for a website because it was cheap (free domain name and hosting cost only N3k). Today, they didn't activate it, neither did they reply any of the messages I sent them. I don't know how to contact consumer-protection because I think this company just duped me and need their Nigerian GT and Eco Bank account frozen.
How I wished I saw this thread prior to purchasing their hosting plan. It was after I realized I had lost, that I did a Google search. Their website looks legitimate but %@#& it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Turn A Web Page Into A Jpg Picture File / 10 Online Security Tips You Need To Know / 2go On Pc (how To Install)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.