Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

God has blessed me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God has blessed me (1646 Views)

Who God Has Blessed / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God has blessed me by Emekayoung(m): 10:33am On May 07, 2013
On the day of my interview i hoped and prayed to God to guide me and to show me the way to the success lane,after 5days of sleepless nights,praying and giving thanks to God,still God abandoned me to fail the interview,am so so disappointed and i think i will just be myself for now without church or prayers or anything.
Am so pissed right nw. sad
But now GOD blessed me wit something better that i never imagined.
Glory be to GOD.
Re: God has blessed me by obi4eze(m): 10:43am On May 07, 2013
You know what? Staying away from church or prayers won't change God. It'll only affect your spiritual life. Maybe you did the right thing at the wrong time. Besides, do you mean you didn't spend time to read and prepare well for the interview? Were you expecting God to perform magic? Please check well before drawing the conclusion that God failed you.

2 Likes

Re: God has blessed me by cyrexx: 2:12pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Emeka,
I sincerely empathise with you on your failed interiew, I wish the next interview you will attend will be a success story.

But let me get one or two points across to you:
You, not God above or Satan below, i mean you, are the one responsible for your success (Other human factors may affect you but ultimately you are responsible). Religious mentality makes one abdicate all responsibilities to the supernatural. if something good happens, its God, if something evil happens, its Satan. That mentality is a backward mentality that seeks to remove all responsibilities from humans. And its that same mentality thats keeping religious countries like Nigeria backward. When I was a christian (I am now a fully convinced atheist) I used to feel bad when something bad happens to me. Like "Did I commit sin somewhere somehow?" "Is God tempting me?" "Did I open door for satan in any way?" and all sorts of self torturing questions. Thank goodness, I am now totally free from those defeatist thinking. Some research and discoveries led me to the truth that christianity, as well as other religions, were all human-created and human-perpetuated belief systems, designed to appeal to human emotions of fear and hope. (I cannot go into details here)

Dont expect any Yahweh or Allah to solve your problems. Those two gods are nothing but imaginations of ancient Jews and Arabs. That may be a harsh thing to say but that is the solemn cold truth. The earlier you realize this, the earlier you save yourself from further dissapointments of failed biblical promises to solve human problems, to protect or to provide for human's needs. Religious people are good at making excuses for their imaginary god's failure, cos they are supposed believe that "God Is good" whereas deep down in their heart they know he is not good. For instance, why are christians in Northern Nigeria not protected from the boko haram? why did sincere prayers of faith from suffering humans go unanswered? etc etc etc

I assume you really prayed with all your heart before going for the interview. And the most annoying part of it is that instead of people to see that the christian god failed in his promises, they will be quick to blame the human victim for his (god's) failure and assume that he (the victim) must have missed it somewhere, since they (religious people) must "believe" that god is a good god and he answers prayers, when they know deep down in their heart that he doesnt.

My dear friend, prepare very well for the next interview and dont expect any miracle to happen anywhere, cos it wont happen.I just hope this time you will pass the interview and get your dream job. I hope you get connected to the right people (Yes, its fellow humans like you, not spirits or gods, that will help you and..) that will assist you on your journey to success. And I sincerely wish you success in all your endeavours.

8 Likes

Re: God has blessed me by tchaik(m): 3:37pm On May 07, 2013
@Mr Emeka Young, pls kindly disregard this pathetic attempt at making excuses for sky daddy.

obi4eze: You know what? Staying away from church or prayers won't change God. It'll only affect your spiritual life. Maybe you did the right thing at the wrong time. Besides, do you mean you didn't spend time to read and prepare well for the interview? Were you expecting God to perform magic? Please check well before drawing the conclusion that God failed you.

THIS GENTLEMAN BELOW SAID IT ALL. #WORD

Mr Emeka,I sincerely empathise with you on your failed interiew, I wish the next interview you will attend will be a success story.But let me get one or two points across to you:You, not God above or Satan below, i mean you, are the one responsible for your success (Other human factors may affect you but ultimately you are responsible). Religious mentality makes one abdicate all responsibilities to the supernatural. if something good happens, its God, if something evil happens, its Satan. That mentality is a backward mentality that seeks to remove all responsibilities from humans. And its that same mentality thats keeping religious countries like Nigeria backward. When I was a christian (I am now a fully convinced atheist) I used to feel bad when something bad happens to me. Like "Did I commit sin somewhere somehow?" "Is God tempting me?" "Did I open door for satan in any way?" and all sorts of self torturing questions. Thank goodness, I am now totally free from those defeatist thinking. Some research and discoveries led me to the truth that christianity, as well as other religions, were all human-created and human-perpetuated belief systems, designed to appeal to human emotions of fear and hope. (I cannot go into details here)Dont expect any Yahweh or Allah to solve your problems. Those two gods are nothing but imaginations of ancient Jews and Arabs. That may be a harsh thing to say but that is the solemn cold truth. The earlier you realize this, the earlier you save yourself from further dissapointments of failed biblical promises to solve human problems, to protect or to provide for human's needs. Religious people are good at making excuses for their imaginary god's failure, cos they are supposed believe that "God Is good" whereas deep down in their heart they know he is not good. For instance, why are christians in Northern Nigeria not protected from the boko haram? why did sincere prayers of faith from suffering humans go unanswered? etc etc etcI assume you really prayed with all your heart before going for the interview. And the most annoying part of it is that instead of people to see that the christian god failed in his promises, they will be quick to blame the human victim for his (god's) failure and assume that he (the victim) must have missed it somewhere, since they (religious people) must "believe" that god is a good god and he answers prayers, when they know deep down in their heart that he doesnt. My dear friend, prepare very well for the next interview and dont expect any miracle to happen anywhere, cos it wont happen.I just hope this time you will pass the interview and get your dream job. I hope you get connected to the right people (Yes, its fellow humans like you, not spirits or gods, that will help you and..) that will assist you on your journey to success. And I sincerely wish you success in all your endeavours.
Re: God has blessed me by chiteny(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2013
Emekayoung: On the day of my interview i hoped and prayed to God to guide me and to show me the way to the success lane,after 5days of sleepless nights,praying and giving thanks to God,still God abandoned me to fail the interview,am so so disappointed and i think i will just be myself for now without church or prayers or anything.

My initial reaction would have been "you are not a serious boy. Go and sit down somewhere". But after reading the comments of others i thought i should rephrase the initial comment this way: The key to your success in life lies with you and God. Always do this for any challenge u have before you: Pray like the success of your "interview" depends solely on it and prepare/study like your success depends solely on it. i guess you did only the former and not the latter.

And just to give u a peek/secret into what i do: I tell God in my prayers that the only way i can understand that it is not his will for me to do anything is if He frustrates all my efforts at achieving it wink. This is my personal agreement with God, because i know who i am. When i have my eyes on something, nothing stops me (perhaps only God). Yours might be different.

Wish you better success next interview.

P.S Please note that forsaking the gathering of the brethren, praying and praising will only cause negative impact in your life.

1 Like

Re: God has blessed me by ooman(m): 7:20am On May 08, 2013
Forget god man and look into yourself only. There is no god anywhere.
Re: God has blessed me by mantraa: 7:59am On May 08, 2013
I'm sorry you failed your interview, but after 5 sleepless nights you must have been a like total wreck. Constant praying is NOT good preparation for an important interview. Now I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. Next time use your time wisely by doing research about the job, practising the answers to questions they may ask you, offering them good suggestions and ideas that are useful and well thought through, engaging in good honest conversation also helps a lot.
You Cannot function correctly and do this if you have not slept properly for 5 days. Next time, don't ask your god for help, just help yourself. Take responsibility for your success or failures and do everything you possibly can to succeed.
I wonder how many other candidates were interviewed for the job and how many prayed to Jesus, Mohammed, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, or the ancestral gods. The person with the best chance would be the one who didn't waste time praying but used the time doing the things I suggested you do for your next one.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: God has blessed me by frank317: 8:28am On May 08, 2013
chiteny:

My initial reaction would have been "you are not a serious boy. Go and sit down somewhere". But after reading the comments of others i thought i should rephrase the initial comment this way: The key to your success in life lies with you and God. Always do this for any challenge u have before you: Pray like the success of your "interview" depends solely on it and prepare/study like your success depends solely on it. i guess you did only the former and not the latter.

And just to give u a peek/secret into what i do: I tell God in my prayers that the only way i can understand that it is not his will for me to do anything is if He frustrates all my efforts at achieving it wink. This is my personal agreement with God, because i know who i am. When i have my eyes on something, nothing stops me (perhaps only God). Yours might be different.

P.S Please note that forsaking the gathering of the brethren, praying and praising will only cause negative impact in your life.

are u aware that if u pray without studying for the interview, u will never never pass the interview, if u like fast for 100 days.

but if u study without praying there is a high chance that he will pass the interview.

now if prayer was a way out, why then do we have to struggle with unbelievers? why do we compete with them?

4 Likes

Re: God has blessed me by frank317: 8:30am On May 08, 2013
mantraa: I'm sorry you failed your interview, but after 5 sleepless nights you must have been a like total wreck. Constant praying is NOT good preparation for an important interview. Now I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. Next time use your time wisely by doing research about the job, practising the answers to questions they may ask you, offering them good suggestions and ideas that are useful and well thought through, engaging in good honest conversation also helps a lot.
You Cannot function correctly and do this if you have not slept properly for 5 days. Next time, don't ask your god for help, just help yourself. Take responsibility for your success or failures and do everything you possibly can to succeed.
I wonder how many other candidates were interviewed for the job and how many prayed to Jesus, Mohammed, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, or the ancestral gods. The person with the best chance would be the one who didn't waste time praying but used the time doing the things I suggested you do for your next one.

Good luck

my brother, its just like two teams going for a football competition and u see both of them preying at each end of the field. who will God answer and who will he reject. i guess he will just do the Cain and able tactics
Re: God has blessed me by Nobody: 8:39am On May 08, 2013
In Christian parlance: there is a sacrifice for every altar.

Whether religious or not,the altar of success requires hardwork as a key sacrifice.

If it were by prayers, Nigeria would be as beautiful as our National budget forecasts every year.
Re: God has blessed me by PastorOluT(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2013
Emeka being a xtian does not remove our sense of responsibilities, this is where many get it wrong. whatever u do in life n plan to succeed in should be done with all diligence.

Now u did not talk about ur preparation so u 'll not be crucified for that, but saying God abandoned u 'cos of ur failed interview is shallow thinking.

There is always a big picture to everything which God acts according to, but d problem always is that we only see a fraction n tend to complain against Him when d immediate is not met.

My advice to u friend is that never forsake God n get to know Him better, and when u do circumstances will never affect ur faith again.

stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: God has blessed me by alexleo(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2013
chiteny:

Yeah you are right and that's also my style. Nothing in this world is a do or die for me except the salvation of my soul.

@OP
God is not your problem o. Don't leave him. Forget about the atheists here and their useless mockery of God at every opportunity they have. They are irrelevant in your life. Prepare yourself properly for every task ahead of you then back it up with prayers. Faith without works is dead. Its in the bible. Read James 2:20.

1 Like

Re: God has blessed me by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 08, 2013
grin grin MORE LIKE GOD DID YOU A FAVOR. WITH THIS YOUR ATTITUDE YOU WOULD NOT HAVE LASTED ON THE JOB ANYWAY
Re: God has blessed me by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 08, 2013
Op,god will not answer you.he's dead! Your life is in your hands.The onus is solely on you.You can pray for a lifetime but i can assure you of 1 thing:god will not answer.Why? He ain't there!The earlier you accept this,the better.You don't need to be angry at god.Just accept the reality that's staring you in the face.
Re: God has blessed me by cyrexx: 4:54pm On May 08, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah you are right and that's also my style. Nothing in this world is a do or die for me except the salvation of my soul.

@OP
God is not your problem o. Don't leave him. Forget about the atheists here and their useless mockery of God at every opportunity they have. They are irrelevant in your life. Prepare yourself properly for every task ahead of you then back it up with prayers. Faith without works is dead. Its in the bible. Read James 2:20.

in response to the bolded:

Any logical and thinking person who doesn't like to lose his senses to backward religious mentality will do well to ignore posts like this and face the true reality of life.

Religion/god will never solve man's problems. That's why religious folks will always tell you to work in addition praying to god. Why work if prayer to god is effective in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: God has blessed me by Emekayoung(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2013
Tanks alot pals,i really really appreciate.
Re: God has blessed me by kambo(m): 12:09am On May 09, 2013
cyrexx:

in response to the bolded:

Any logical and thinking person who doesn't like to lose his senses to backward religious mentality will do well to ignore posts like this and face the true reality of life.

Religion/god will never solve man's problems. That's why religious folks will always tell you to work in addition praying to god.

Why work if prayer to god is effective in the first place?

you dont know wrk is as religious as it gets,in d bible!.

- Jesus wrkd hard.
- noah wrkd for years buildg an ark.
- prosperity is hinged on hard work in d bible
- laziness and idleness are condemned many times in d bible
- God doesnt slumber or sleep. Prayer is open 24/7.
- God watches over his word to perform it (sounds like work)
- faith without works (correspondg action) is dead
- drowsiness will clothe a man with rags (irrelevant advice?)
- diligent hand shall bear rule
- diligent will stand b4 kings
not ordary men.
- God gives d first man wrk to do

[quote author=cyrexx]

Any logical and thinking person who doesn't like to lose his senses to backward religious mentality

[/quote]
make ur research b4 shootg of unfounded accusations like this.

1 Like

Re: God has blessed me by ogoamaka99(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2013
Emekayoung: On the day of my interview i hoped and prayed to God to guide me and to show me the way to the success lane,after 5days of sleepless nights,praying and giving thanks to God,still God abandoned me to fail the interview,am so so disappointed and i think i will just be myself for now without church or prayers or anything.
Dear Emekayoung,
I am sorry for your frustration but it is not GOD that failed you. There IS NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE.It is either that there is a spirit in your life that is out to frustrate you or that GOD don't want you to work in that place you attended interview. I suggest you visit place like SCOAN to flush out any negative spirit that may be in your life or the frustration and disappointment may continue.Try to tackle the spiritual state of your life and other things will begin to take shape.
Re: God has blessed me by truthislight: 12:32pm On May 09, 2013
ogoamaka99:
Dear Emekayoung,
I am sorry for your frustration but it is not GOD that failed you. There IS NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE.It is either that there is a spirit in your life that is out to frustrate you or that GOD don't want you to work in that place you attended interview. I suggest you visit place like SCOAN to flush out any negative spirit that may be in your life or the frustration and disappointment may continue.Try to tackle the spiritual state of your life and other things will begin to take shape.
^
Rubbish! angry

All this "business centers" advertising and giving wrong information so as to extort tithes/five times offering from people/converts/client.

Who does the bible say is the ruler of this world?

What is the essence of praying for God's kingdom to come?

If this is already the kingdom of God, why pray for another to come?

*sigh* for deceit.
Re: God has blessed me by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2013
OP Failed himself... acing an interview is not entirely up to you. You can have all the right qualifications and still fail because some guy does not like your accent or your tie or that you mentioned a particular work place he/she hates or the fact that you mentioned you are a christian. God cannot put divine intervention to work for you, that would be cheating.
Since God wants what is best for you, i will suggest you go into the field of Pastorship grin grin
Re: God has blessed me by manmustwac(m): 2:53pm On May 09, 2013
@post
A few years ago I had a niece in a similar situation like you but she wasn't applying for a job she was applying for a student visa. We paid her school fees here (in London) sent her the receipt & I told her to go to the nairaland travel section to ask Justice Wise & the other travel gurus there to help her with the information she needs to fill in the form & other documents. She gave someone money to fill in her application form, didn't spend much time on the internet & I doubt if she even visited nairaland she preferred to fast & prayer & even gave her pastor small doh to pray on her application form before she submitted her documents. Obviously she didn't get the visa because she preferred praying & fasting to reasearch & hard work. She's still in Nigeria now
Re: God has blessed me by AtheistD(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2013
@ OP

A wise move. You will discover that all those curses people claim atheists will suffer are false. You will probably be more balanced, practical and realistic. This can give you an edge in the job hunting process.
Re: God has blessed me by chiteny(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2013
alexleo:

@OP

Right on point my brother. Faith without works is dead and I always try to tell people this. If u believe a thing act your faith out. For the atheists I have replies to u.
Re: God has blessed me by nora544: 9:16pm On May 12, 2013
manmustwac: @post
A few years ago I had a niece in a similar situation like you but she wasn't applying for a job she was applying for a student visa. We paid her school fees here (in London) sent her the receipt & I told her to go to the nairaland travel section to ask Justice Wise & the other travel gurus there to help her with the information she needs to fill in the form & other documents. She gave someone money to fill in her application form, didn't spend much time on the internet & I doubt if she even visited nairaland she preferred to fast & prayer & even gave her pastor small doh to pray on her application form before she submitted her documents. Obviously she didn't get the visa because she preferred praying & fasting to reasearch & hard work. She's still in Nigeria now

That is the real problem in nigeria you hear for every problem pray and fast.
When you want a new job you hear pray and fast.

But when you didnot work on what you want you will get nothing.

Perhaps god know why he didnot help the people in nigeria because they are no real christians

1 Like

Re: God has blessed me by Emusan(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2013
@OP - First of all, how high is your spiritual life? I mean your relationship with Holy Spirit. Have you received Holy Spirit baptism?
Forget about what unbelievers are saying, most chritians fail today because they have neglected the aspect of the Holy Spirit.

I have a similar problem but in other way. In my second semester HND I, I involved in politics which drop my GP to Lower Credit during the end of same semester I was chosen as an EXCO in my fellowship which I don't have option than to drop my political ambitions. First semester of HND II, I don't have much time for book because of church activities during the exam I will just tell God , help me in this exam then I will choose like six topic and read it with my last strenght. The funny aspect of it is that any topic I choose must surely comes out that make some of my friends to always come to me that I should give them area of concentration. To limit my long story, that semester I be the first student to in my depertment to write DISTINTION not upper credit (it was the result that pushed my lower to upper again). The time I was pursing my political ambition with hard study I failed. It might work for me or other people but the fact still remain that you're a christian but what is your attidute and relationship toward God. Many people have been in christiandom today yet they haven't baptized with Holy Spirit without the Holy Spirit christian are nothing. No pastor will ever give you Holy Spirit they can only guide you and help you build your faith in christ, you need to seek for it yourself with an open mind because Holy Spirit searcheth the heart not our look.

Pls don't lose your faith and hope in God, you might see people fallen on this forum never mind is in the Bible already. If God does not exist I won't claim He exist, I'm not a pastor I'm a practice engineer, I have read many science textbook both astronomy, evolutions e.t.c if not because I was baptized by Holy Spirit I would have become an atheist. Serving God doesn't stop me to become what God has destined me to be.

God with US!
Re: God has blessed me by AtheistD(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2013
Emusan: @OP - First of all, how high is your spiritual life? I mean your relationship with Holy Spirit. Have you received Holy Spirit baptism?
Forget about what unbelievers are saying, most chritians fail today because they have neglected the aspect of the Holy Spirit.

I have a similar problem but in other way. In my second semester HND I, I involved in politics which drop my GP to Lower Credit during the end of same semester I was chosen as an EXCO in my fellowship which I don't have option than to drop my political ambitions. First semester of HND II, I don't have much time for book because of church activities during the exam I will just tell God , help me in this exam then I will choose like six topic and read it with my last strenght. The funny aspect of it is that any topic I choose must surely comes out that make some of my friends to always come to me that I should give them area of concentration. To limit my long story, that semester I be the first student to in my depertment to write DISTINTION not upper credit (it was the result that pushed my lower to upper again). The time I was pursing my political ambition with hard study I failed. It might work for me or other people but the fact still remain that you're a christian but what is your attidute and relationship toward God. Many people have been in christiandom today yet they haven't baptized with Holy Spirit without the Holy Spirit christian are nothing. No pastor will ever give you Holy Spirit they can only guide you and help you build your faith in christ, you need to seek for it yourself with an open mind because Holy Spirit searcheth the heart not our look.

Pls don't lose your faith and hope in God, you might see people fallen on this forum never mind is in the Bible already. If God does not exist I won't claim He exist, I'm not a pastor I'm a practice engineer, I have read many science textbook both astronomy, evolutions e.t.c if not because I was baptized by Holy Spirit I would have become an atheist. Serving God doesn't stop me to become what God has destined me to be.

God with US!

Sorry to hit you hard like this but are you sure you are a graduate tongue
Re: God has blessed me by thelonelyshadow: 11:45pm On May 17, 2013
Hey, how about instead of waiting for God to do everything for you, you get off your lazy ass and do something.

How the Bleep can God fail you? Did he tell you that you would pass the interview? did you set up an appointment with him and he didn't show?

Don't blame God for your incompetence and failures

(1) (Reply)

>> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / (photos)a Man Arrested By The Holy Spirit In Synagoge Church Of God. / Igbo Nigerian Community Ruled By A Muslim King -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.