Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool (22601 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by obynocj(m): 1:19pm On May 07, 2013
Prophet drowns during baptism
BULAWAYO police have clarified that a man who drowned at a baptism pool in Pumula South last month was not a member of Prophet Thabiso Ngwenya's church as they initially reported...

The police said Ngwenya, arguably Bulawayo's most popular prophet, was not there at the baptism ceremony and the man is believed to be a "prophet" who was conducting his own baptism ceremony.

Initially, police said they suspected that the man had drowned while being baptised by Ngwenya.

Bulawayo provincial police spokesman Inspector Mandlenkosi Moyo identified the man who drowned at the pool as Selby Chikowora (22), believed to be a prophet from another apostolic church.

"He slid into the pool where he was baptising several people and drowned. It is not clear whether he belonged to Prophet Thabiso Ngwenya's church, but he drowned at the very pools where Ngwenya baptises his people," Moyo said.

Ngwenya's lawyers Moyo and Nyoni Legal Practitioners said neither Ngwenya nor prophets from his church had baptised anyone on the fateful day.

"Our client has a church, which was awarded land by local authorities. He erected a baptism pool there and that is where all his baptism services are held," the lawyers said.

The lawyers said the reports were likely to cause alarm among the popular prophet's "local and international" clients.

http://www.bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-local-byo-29820.html
source http://revealzone..com/2013/05/imagine-prophet-drowns-during-baptism.html

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 07, 2013
LOL. LORDS JUDGEMENT

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by fpeter(f): 4:44pm On May 07, 2013
hahahahaha

6 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by ebamma(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2013
'local and international clients
when did a church become a supermarket?'

11 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by BlackPeni5: 4:45pm On May 07, 2013
How could he have drowned like that when there were many people present...Those Church members/clients no try at all.

6 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by kokoye(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2013
way to go...

1 Like

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
Wonderful!!!!

1 Like

If you think the man is a FAKE PROPHET like this Post.

8 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by PHIPEX(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
Funny but which country is this news from, it doesn't sound Nigerian to me.

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by paulworld(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
On to the next one
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by mimi321(f): 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
God forgive me but I had to laugh sha and why is he dressed in green and white is he baptising naija

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by BashMe1(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
[size=20pt]O ma se o sad[/size]
PHIPEX: Funny but which country is this news from, it doesn't sound Nigerian to me.
ZIMBAWE
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by ebamma(m): 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
That guy ain't a Prophet the right name for him is Poor Faith

1 Like

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 07, 2013
Ahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:47pm On May 07, 2013
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Ahmed0336(m): 4:47pm On May 07, 2013
Is dis a joke or what? Smh
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
Bad mouth
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by seunlayi(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
what a pity
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by dack7(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
Then so wat??
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by MrAboki: 4:49pm On May 07, 2013

6 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by supaeagles(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2013
I was too lazy to read the complete story.......just curios,' why didn't the congregation try to save him?
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by anishe(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2013
Only in Naija. I hail o.
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by MrAladin: 4:51pm On May 07, 2013
God help us
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by DICKtator: 4:55pm On May 07, 2013
obynocj: Prophet drowns during baptism
BULAWAYO police have clarified that a man who drowned at a baptism pool in Pumula South last month was not a member of Prophet Thabiso Ngwenya's church as they initially reported...

The police said Ngwenya, arguably Bulawayo's most popular prophet, was not there at the baptism ceremony and the man is believed to be a "prophet" who was conducting his own baptism ceremony.

Initially, police said they suspected that the man had drowned while being baptised by Ngwenya.

Bulawayo provincial police spokesman Inspector Mandlenkosi Moyo identified the man who drowned at the pool as Selby Chikowora (22), believed to be a prophet from another apostolic church.

"He slid into the pool where he was baptising several people and drowned. It is not clear whether he belonged to Prophet Thabiso Ngwenya's church, but he drowned at the very pools where Ngwenya baptises his people," Moyo said.

Ngwenya's lawyers Moyo and Nyoni Legal Practitioners said neither Ngwenya nor prophets from his church had baptised anyone on the fateful day.

"Our client has a church, which was awarded land by local authorities. He erected a baptism pool there and that is where all his baptism services are held," the lawyers said.

The lawyers said the reports were likely to cause alarm among the popular prophet's "local and international" clients.

http://www.bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-local-byo-29820.html
source http://revealzone..com/2013/05/imagine-prophet-drowns-during-baptism.html

Cherubim and Seraphim kinda dress mode. They like water/river and dreadlocks.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Lilimax(f): 4:58pm On May 07, 2013
anishe: Only in Naija. I hail o.
Naija was never mentioned in the article.
The incident happened somewhere in Zimbabwe.
Learn to read tha manual before commenting... angry

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Lilimax(f): 4:58pm On May 07, 2013
anishe: Only in Naija. I hail o.
Naija was never mentioned in the article.
The incident happened somewhere in Zimbabwe.
Learn to read the manual before commenting... angry
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by ShackAttack: 4:59pm On May 07, 2013
mikeyhernadez: If you think the man is a FAKE PROPHET like this Post.
what has Fake got to do with this post... the man slid into the pool, fell unconscious and drowned.... [size=15pt]period[/size]
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Chasitty001: 5:01pm On May 07, 2013
Some forces that doesn't want him saved actually followed him down to the pool. R.I.P.

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by buklan4realyah(f): 5:02pm On May 07, 2013
OMG!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Codedrock(m): 5:02pm On May 07, 2013
Kinda funny to me when i saw the title.. God forgive me!! And R.I.P
Re: Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 07, 2013
cheesy LOL Zion churches in SA and ZIM wear green n whte uniform na
mimi321: God forgive me but I had to laugh sha and why is he dressed in green and white is he baptising naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? / Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? / Happy 61 Birthday To Pastor David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.