Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism (18708 Views)

Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism / The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 27, 2015
Speaking in tongues is one of the spiritual gifts you manifest when you become filled with the HOLY GHOST. So many believers desire to speak in tongues but do not know how to go about it. Some even try to learn it like an ordinary language. Some attempt to successfully copy from others and speak it, but deep in them they know that it is weightless.

I am only concerned about tongues here and now because it is the most prominent sign of confirmation that you have been filled with the HOLY GHOST. There I am neither here to talk about other spiritual gifts nor to even elaborate on tongues. The goal here is to tell you how to receive the Baptism of the HOLY GHOST so that you can speak in real tongues as it was at Pentecost as well as manifest any other spiritual gift the HOLY GHOST may want to bless you with.

Note that it is futile for you to chase after spiritual gifts without first asking for the Baptism of the HOLY GHOST. Speaking in tongues and all other spiritual gifts like healing and prophecy are the benefits this baptism.

How can you be baptized with the HOLY GHOST?

1. Fasting and fervent prayer. Unless you are patient and persistent, you may lose hope while waiting. You will need to stay in waiting for a few days fasting and praying. It is not magical, it is not automatic either. Heaven looks at your seriousness and commitment. Remember the disciples fasted and prayed for many days before the HOLY GHOST fell on them as cloven tongues of fire, and they began to speak in other tongues (Acts 2:1-4).

2. Laying on of hand. Simply meet someone who is truly anointed with the HOLY GHOST. Ask the person to pray for you by laying their hand on you so that you too can be baptized with the HOLY GHOST. This was how many got filled in the early church. The apostles laid hands on people and they were baptized with the HOLY GHOST and spoke in tongues (Acts 8:14-17).

3. Desire HIM. You can be in meetings where people are being filled with the HOLY GHOST every now and then, but still you are not filled. GOD responds to strong desire for HIM. Peter didn't do much at the home of Cornelius. He was amazed at how quickly the HOLY GHOST fell upon them while he spoke to them. Cornelius, out of a strong desire for GOD, had been instructed by Heaven to send for Peter. The Baptism happened effortlessly (Acts 10:1-6, 44-47).

Have a wonderful week ahead in JESUS' name.

JESUS is LORD!

Cc. Lalasticlala

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by coolhumble(m): 3:20am On Sep 27, 2015
God bless you for sharing this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 27, 2015
coolhumble:
God bless you for sharing this.

GOD bless you too!

2 Likes

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 27, 2015
The key sign of receiving the Holy Ghost is the zeal for Holiness and Evangelism and not speaking in tongues blah blah blah. One could fake that easily

7 Likes

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by okooloyun1(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by okooloyun1(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Good job
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by ladyF(f): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Educating

I don put my pishure....lol check my profile for details grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by okooloyun1(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Good job Op

1 Like

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Dottore: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2015
[size=15pt]There are many gifts of the Holy Spirit TO ME tongue is not the most important. Agreed that according to the Bible, speaking in tongues edifies one spirit but surprisingly the Almighty understands all languages both acquired tongues, mother tongues and even the devils tongues. And there's no evidence anywhere in the Bible that prayers are better answered when prayed in unknown tongues.
I'd rather go for the gifts I consider more evidently useful to me and beneficial to people around me like spiritual power, knowledge and prophecy.
Besides the tongue I considered exceptionally real gift is as recorded in Acts chapter 1 when the Holy Ghist fell on the apostles, it gave them power to speak in other languages they never learnt before so they could be able to preach to foreigners in the later own language thus making the spread of the gospel easier and more interesting.
I doubt if any christian has such power now. Imagine you speaking im Arabic in the midst of Arabs so u can communicate better in evangelism. That is what I consider spiritual gift not some verbose cacophony

*modified*

Please read Acts 2: 4-12 and 1Corinthians:14 for more understanding and guidance.[/size]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Profbrian:
The key sign of receiving the Holy Ghost is the zeal for Holiness and Evangelism and not speaking in tongues blah blah blah. One could fake that easily

I still have pple who argue this with me.

It is a wonderful gift and it makes your Christian journey way easier

But it is not a criteria for getting to heaven.

A Christian who doesn't speak in tongues but is bornagain and lives in righteousness will make heaven and have many crowns depending on how well he or she evangelized

Meanwhile the tongue speaking brother or sister whose life didn't please God will enjoy a VIP ticket to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by cupidFlint(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Happy sunday guys. Its my baby niece's first day of going to church, her christening. Please wish Debby Chim'Amaanda a good outing

9 Likes

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Gbajabiamila1: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2015
Thank you.
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by luvinhubby(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Profbrian:
Do you have a scripture to back this up with?

3 Likes

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Sunnycliff(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2015
Thank God its not by just speaking and ranting rehearsed gibberish comments and sounds like labalaballlaabbaaaaa.

Join me in celebrating God for adding an extra year to me. Today is my birthday. Am happily +1. Guess what about so many years ago, on a Sunday like this day , I came into this world against the will of the Devil. And alas I have been a growing Champion.

8 Likes

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by ireneony(f): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2015
mmm
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Tonnierichy(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2015
Mmmmm
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by 247notire(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2015
Only ur good deeds, the love u showed while on earth will save u, fucck speaking in tongues man, it won't help ur heavenly race.
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Jarchi(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2015
So i can now start fakhng the tongue7 after all these,yes this was wat and how they do it but,meh many fakeys out here
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by lomprico(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2015
So d only proof of holy ghost baptism is speaking in tongues?
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Zabilon007(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2015
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by maureen546: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2015
God bless u for sharing it us
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by bokohalal(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2015
The first way to tell that other races are more intelligent than the black race, is through religion
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Iykolysis: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2015
Profbrian:

=Profbrian you are not correct because that's not what is stated in the bible. The sign of being filled with the the Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues as PastorOsemede stated, Acts 2:4, (dont add and don't remove) and NOT holiness and whatever as you claim. Stop propagating falsehood and genuinely desire to get filled first before continuing with your fruitless preaching. Maranatha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Ajibolatao(m): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2015
Guide us to the right way. Idina ziro ta limustekin
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by phollybee(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2015
Haaaa.... On the Judgement Day!
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by dictbennie(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2015
Iykolysis:

=Profbrian you are not correct because that's not what is stated in the bible. The sign of being filled with the the Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues as PastorOsemede stated, Acts 2:4, (dont add and don't remove) and NOT holiness and whatever as you claim. Stop propagating falsehood and genuinely desire to get filled first before continuing with your fruitless preaching. Maranatha.
Speaking in tongues is the sign of being filled with the holy spirit? What happens to the other gifts of the spirit? Speaking in tongues is just one of the gifts..and the Bible made us understand in (acts14) that though speaking in tongues is good, prophesying is more desirable..I wonder the Bible translation that most of read seriously..

1 Like

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by slap1(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2015
bokohalal:

The first way to tell that other races are more intelligent than the black race, is through religion

All these quotes that make you feel intelligent are often rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by Iykolysis: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=dictbennie post=38424623]
Speaking in tongues is the sign of being filled with the holy spirit? What happens to the other gifts of the spirit? Speaking in tongues is just one of the gifts..and the Bible made us understand in (acts14) that though speaking in tongues is good, prophesying is more desirable..I wonder the Bible translation that most of read seriously..[/quote

Being filled first is different from manifesting the GIFTS. Place the cart b4 the horse and not the other way round.
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by adedam007(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2015
T
Re: How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism by cyara(f): 11:16am On Sep 27, 2015
@ OP, thanks, this is really an eye opener

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Ajibola: 'After Fasting For 7 Days, All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths' / TB Joshua's 55th Birthday: 20 Things To Know About The Prophet / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Composes Note For Wife, Ifeanyi, From Amazing Grace Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.