Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,434 members, 7,853,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker (21640 Views)

Photos Of Suspected Thieves Who Were Paraded With Stolen Vehicles In Ondo / Nigerian Hid 15kg Of Suspected Ivory Inside This Tailor-made Vest In Hong Kong / Photo Of 23 Year Old Female Student Arrested For Stabbing Colleague To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Lilimax(f): 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
momodub: name withheld, initially denied knowing the deceased while being drilled by Police detectives......niger police go drille you even no be you commit the crime you go just accept am make them know kill you...this naija sef
Na that one then go say 'he beat talk true' comot for im mouth.
They will beat you to the level of accepting and confessing what you did not do undecided.
To bad!
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by ClemAmaweh(m): 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
So sad! May God save us from the Spirits of Sodom and Gomorah!!!
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by aniiii(f): 4:06pm On May 07, 2013
[size=18pt]i support homosexuality[/size]

rip cry

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by batstan(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2013
mollytinrox: This stuffs that happen scare the hell out of my sleek, posh body. Gawd! To think I was thinking of sending my son to one of these private universities so his Behind backside could be saved from prodding randy rods. There goes my hope in Nigerian universities. What will I do? cry
open your own university for ya kidz
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by ichommy(m): 4:17pm On May 07, 2013
R2bees: gay? Ok nah
See your life, U qouted all the post to write dis non.se.nse, mtchew
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by COOLDUN: 4:26pm On May 07, 2013
mollytinrox: This stuffs that happen scare the hell out of my sleek, posh body. Gawd! To think I was thinking of sending my son to one of these private universities so his Behind backside could be saved from prodding randy rods. There goes my hope in Nigerian universities. What will I do? cry

Very simple, you should try a half education, because no university is 100% safe nowadays.You should first of all check your child now if he/she is still a virgin at least that will hasten your decision.

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by JstBrave(f): 4:28pm On May 07, 2013
don Mecuzy: PANTI? Place wey even tho u no commit crime,by d time them torture u. U must admit

Av u bin tortured dia b4? undecided
No vex o....... Jst asking smileysmiley
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by moneyhungry(m): 4:31pm On May 07, 2013
ichommy:
See your life, U qouted all the post to write dis non.se.nse, mtchew
no mind dat goat.
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by clintwine(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2013
• Police investigate gruesome killing of 34-year-old banker in Lagos

THE brains and hands behind the killing of an Assistant Manager with the United Bank For Africa, Mr. Adindu Ohamara has remained a mystery to both his family and detectives at the homicide division of the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos.

The family has continued to mourn their ‘Umbrella’ and the man they regard as “a kind and generous brother.”

The only thing that could bring solace to the Ohamar family is if the killers of their beloved son are intercepted and made to face the wrath of the law.

Adindu was murdered in his apartment at No 26 Obayan Street, Akoka, Lagos.

The Ogbaku, Mbaitoli Local Government Area born deceased banker, who had his traditional marriage in December 2012, had almost concluded his wedding classes according to the Roman Catholic creed and was billed to wed his heartthrob in June when his killers came to his house unhindered, sending him to his early grave.

His senior sister, Mrs. Immaculate Igbeka, who spoke to The Guardian amidst tears and grief, urged the Police to get to the root of the matter. She also dispelled the rumour that her late brother was gay as reported by some national dailies (not The Guardian).

“I was the one that was called immediately the incident was discovered. My brother lives with my immediate elder sister. My sister called my number at midnight and said I should start coming that someone has stabbed Adi. My husband and myself took the car and started rushing to the place. Before we got there, the neighbours have taken him to Military Hospital, but they refused to treat him there. So we took him to a private hospital and they started treating him and put him on oxygen, but after sometime, the doctor told me that they cannot manage the situation and that we should take him to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) and we did.

She continued: “At LUTH, we could not wait for all the protocol, my husband called his friend at Havannah who urged us to bring him. When we got there, the medical team was waiting. They checked him and confirmed that he was dead. For now, his killer is at large. My younger sister who lives with him, who is now in police custody said when she got home, my brother was not around. As she was coming in, my brother drove in with his car and brought down the fuel from his booth because there was no power. He took the fuel into their flat and the sister walked into her own room because their rooms are ensuite. She said she did not come out again. Another student of the University of Lagos who lives with them went to Adi’s room to ask if he could go and turn off the generating set when he met him in a pool of his blood.”

Detectives have since arrested the sister and neighbours for questioning over the sudden death of Adindu.

According to Igbeka, a mother of three:  “So far, the police has arrested my sister, the neighbours and the security man. The police have released the neighbours while my sister and the security man are still in police custody. The police are still investigating the matter; they have not told us anything but they said they would address us when they make progress. So we wonder how the reporter of the newspaper company got his report that a gay lover killed our brother. My brother was never gay, he was married to his wife and the family is really pained by that report. Our image is at stake; we want justice from the police over this matter.”

“My brother had an open traditional marriage in the village. His church wedding was supposed to come up on June 22.  The wedding date had already been fixed before his killers snuffed life out of him. He was like an umbrella under which everyone in the family was hiding. He has worked with FCMB bank, from there he went to Oceanic and later went back to FCMB. Just recently, he moved over to UBA as an Assistant Branch Manager. He lived a responsible life so we wonder where the rumour was coming from.”

A statement by another senior member of the family, one Pastor Kelvin Ohamara read: “Our attention has been drawn to a media report carried by the newspaper on the death of our brother and son, Adindu Oharama, who until his death worked with the United Bank for Africa. The reporter who wrote the story insinuated that a gay lover might have killed Adindu. For the benefit of the doubt, we wish to state that the report is not correct. Adindu lived a normal life even till death. At no point in his life did he have preferences for men.”

“Adindu had a public traditional marriage last December.  He did not engage in a fight with any man who, according to a report by the newspaper, is a suspected gay lover who came to the house to engage in a fight. We also wish to point out that Adindu did not have any domestic staff. We, therefore, wonder which domestic staff purportedly spoke to the newspaper correspondent in the story published on April 30, 2013.”

“The story is a figment of the imagination of the reporter and we have requested an immediate retraction. We hold the newspaper in high esteem and urge the paper not to degenerate to junk journalism. We are deeply saddened by the very painful loss of Adindu. This story and whatever it stands for, is traumatic and unfair. We are currently in deep pains and urge the media not to deliberately add to our trauma,” he said.

He added: “The family is currently giving the crack officers at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba maximum support to unravel this murder. At a meeting with the family today (April 30) Police detectives handling the case also disassociated themselves from the report, and wondered why a reporter would not cross-check facts with the investigators before going to press. We commend the Police for the wonderful work that they are doing on this case. Reports like these are obviously intended to distract the Police from their duty and should be discouraged. We urge the media not to be used by individuals or persons who may want to derail investigations.”

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120596:who-killed-adindu-ohamara&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by fpeter(f): 4:37pm On May 07, 2013
scribble: am i d second to comment...Jesus is Lord
mumu grin

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by MrAboki: 4:45pm On May 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: we knw ur type will never cease to exist!
Myopic-tribalistic-infested individuals, coupled with ur religious bigotry and low intellectual arguments.

U knw, there is no religious entity outta the two major religion that will support homosexual activities. But like u, some people will never listen.

All these university can only teach morals, try to enforce it, but to abide by it will alwys be a choice!

Get that to ur thick and empty skulls!

[size=13pt]Dude!

WTF is your problem hommie?! I couldnt even understand half the crap you wrote there. All I said was simply, if a school does not encourage the mingling of the sexes, then they are encouraging bone-to-bone relationships. Thats all. Then you wrote all this crap just for that!

Boy! You really need Jesus.
[/size]
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
jackbauersballs: Not New

Lots of Gays abound in Christian Universities...

This is coming from a CU Alumnus
Crawford University right? I am sure it's not Covenant University Baboon!
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by doeying(m): 5:02pm On May 07, 2013
ok..wat i think is dis...even if d boy did nt do it..after d torture frm d police..he wld say he did it...also i THINK the "gay" part of d story is really unnecessary..cus it was nt proven anywhere..dey are just trying to get us interested in d topic..#justsaying
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Brotherman(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2013
i know of a gay man who attends Redeem church (jesus house parish) in port harcourt; i am not joking am really thinking of going to talk to there pastor to councill him; he is a close neigbour;
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Mayany(m): 5:23pm On May 07, 2013
I guess d deceased might ave forced himself on d accused and dat may be his reaction to being raped by a Gay friend.
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by HezronLorraine(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2013
rodeo0070: "while being drilled by Police detectives" undecided lipsrsealed
your point,I don't get what you are insinuating.effing perv.
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by ELgordo(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2013
Damn! that gay nigga is gonna be in prison for a long long long long time oh well at least he can get enuf male booty love over there LOL! being gay is a big sin against GOD So enuf with that sweet stuff
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by HezronLorraine(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2013
It saddens my heart to see how nigerian media is quick to covering ohamara's death by headlining it to his supposed lifestyle.I know for sure this news wouldn't have made media attention without the gay word.nigerians and dre ways of always trying to prove that gays r criminals or some sorts of devils.r.I.p to the dead,let justice prevail with fair trial and merciful judgement,am sure the judge would think capital punishment hearing the gay word attached to the case.let the accused face the tune of justice.

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 07, 2013
momodub: name withheld, initially denied knowing the deceased while being drilled by Police detectives......niger police go drille you even no be you commit the crime you go just accept am make them know kill you...this naija sef
i was just late to make same comment, useless police, maybe dat guy was about to be raped by dat gay fool b4 he defended himself from d animal
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by samilo88(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2013
Why investigate the death of a Gay ass nigga? The police should spend their time on other important issues. That Gay guy never deserved to be alive in d first place, so why disturbed ur self over is murder? Mtcheeeeeew **moves to d nxt thread**

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 07, 2013
[quote author=cold]No surprises there.From Catholic Seminaries to religious private universities,the story is the same.Rapists, paedophiles, homosexuals, child molesters, you name it.They groom them all [/quote

Ermm..who's a pedophile and a child molester? Aren't they really the same? [quote author=cold]No surprises there.From Catholic Seminaries to religious private universities,the story is the same.Rapists, paedophiles, homosexuals, child molesters, you name it.They groom them all [/quote

Ermm..who's a pedophile and a child molester? Aren't they really the same?
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 07, 2013
[size=30pt]This is the last straw! This is the last time I'm going to believe Nigerian journalism. I'd rather read Nigerian news via credible, foreign channels. This reporter (and the paper that published it) should be really ashamed of themselves. So too should Nairaland, but that's become a regular occurrence on this website. Shoddy journalism at its best. Shame on y'all!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 07, 2013
calm9090:

We don't even know you exist
so you be gay. Eyama
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nov1ce(m): 7:27pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax:
Na that one then go say 'he beat talk true' comot for im mouth.
They will beat you to the level of accepting and confessing what you did not do undecided.
To bad!
That's the issue! How can they take the statement of a person under duress credible
I only hope the judicial system takes this into consideration!
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by rodeo0070(m): 7:40pm On May 07, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: your point,I don't get what you are insinuating.effing perv.

I think you know what I mean, Loraine. In Niger Area, when "drilled" by the Police, you are bound to confess what you did not even know about or did not do...
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 07, 2013
aniiii: [size=18pt]i support homosexuality[/size]

rip cry
You keep revealing your fool1shness to everyone. U nid to learn how to forge n manage a fake female account.. U just aint good at the game
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by stylesco: 9:23pm On May 07, 2013
The Writer: This is the last straw! This is the last time I'm going to believe Nigerian journalism. I'd rather read Nigerian news via credible, foreign channels. This reporter (and the paper that published it) should be really ashamed of themselves. So too should Nairaland, but that's become a regular occurrence on this website. Shoddy journalism at its best. Shame on y'all!!

Not everyone uses microscope as glasses.
what's with you and the ridiculous font?
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by meforyou1(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2013
Why should nairaland publish the junk journalism that called churned out falsehood and pretended not to see the guardian news item on d same issue?
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by DonaldGenes(m): 11:29pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]Hmmm..

When a University discourages its students from mingling, they will have no other choice but to start chooking each other bone-to-bone.
[/size]
hahahhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by FreeWill01: 2:20am On May 08, 2013
Any need?
Brotherman: i know of a gay man who attends Redeem church (jesus house parish) in port harcourt; i am not joking am [b]really thinking of going to talk to there pastor to councill him; he is a close neigbour;
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by FreeWill01: 2:29am On May 08, 2013
It was also learnt that some of the persons earlier arrested in connection with the murder have identified the undergraduate as the stranger who returned home with Ohamara that night and disappeared before the severely-stabbed banker was discovered.

Why are most people saying it was because he was drilled, that was why he admitted to the crime, or maybe admitted to knowing the deceased...Shuo I gats go back go read the article again where they said he was recognized, abi whether i dey see things....Well, I know frustration due to inefficiency could make naija police close any case with beating.
Re: Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker by Exponental(m): 5:40am On May 08, 2013
jackbauersballs: Not New

Lots of Gays abound in Christian Universities...

This is coming from a CU Alumnus
prostitution, weed smoking and many more are part of activities in d school.
-former corper colleague, an alumnus, confirmed it too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SCAM Alert! Konga Warns Nigerians About The Konga Airtime Giveaway [PICTURED] / Photos Of The Lawsuit Filed By Kidnapper Evans Against Nigeria Police / Illegal Arm Manufacturers Arrested In Delta By Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.