Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! (1773 Views)

Genny Nnaji, Pete Edochie & More Storm Enugu For Africa Magic Igbo Launch (pics) / Dbanj To Marry Genny In August! / Genny's Reponses On Teju Baby Face Show Last Nite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by yongbabe(f): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2008
Genevieve nnanji Nigeria's most fab actress is set to break inot Hollywood
a new film on the turning point pictures label called tulips. it sounds powerful.

www.tulipsfilm.com.
it stars Ghanas best Akofa Asiedu and Doris, plus Genevieve and the diary of a mad black woman star kimberly Elise. considering many things, this is bound to be the break for Genny.

i am so happy for genny. She said she will do it n she has well is about 2.

Congrats girl keep the flag flying. You r my inspiration! wink

casts of the film
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by shilling(f): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2008
I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure it'll be a hit.
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by trendy(f): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2008
yay! our girl is doing us proud cool

we are the haters cheesy grin
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by lucabrasi(m): 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2008
sorry to slightly disagree with you,theres a diffrence between making a film in america and a hollywood movie,i think its a film made in america because hollywood is another deal entirely, she is starring in a film made in america though she might be lucky enough to be discovered by an hollywood casting director and then feature in an hollywood movie, ene oloja starred in an hollywood movie,olu jacobs starred in an hollywood movie(though in the 70s/80s THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY)genevieve is starring in an american made movie,but kudos to her as she is pushing the boundries and all the acting and taking care of her body,image is starting to yield dividents, i really hope she will push it and have luck on her side
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by Nella(f): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2008
Whether America or Hollywood, Mehn that babe is breaking the boaders!

Just one more reason out of uncountable to be proud of her!

Go baby! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by yongbabe(f): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2008
@lucabrasi

the movies stars American actors alongside her,
Kimberly Elise ( from Close to home TV series,Diary of a mad black woman etc).
Produced by stratton Leopold ( American film producer. Leopold is currently Executive Vice President of Production at Paramount Pictures).
n Akofa Aseido. i Think that qualifies the movie as a Hollywood production.
Either way it is sure to be shown in cinemas all around the world.

@ Trendy.
that is soo true. this has soo made my dayeven though no penny will enter my pocket lipsrsealed
But i am soo proud of her!!!!!!!!!! Go Genny, go Genny go!

Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by londoner: 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2008
All I can say is good for her!!!! This is what she wanted. I wonder how she will deal with not necessarily being the star or the main beauty in Hollywood like she is in Nollywood. Hopefully she is mature enough to handle it.

I am very happy for her, I hope this is the first of many opportunities that come her way.
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by lucabrasi(m): 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2008
@yongbabe
dont get me wrong im happy for her o im just tryna make my lil distinction between the two,thats why i wrote that with luck and the right casting director seeing her the sky is the limit for her im not hating o smiley
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by yongbabe(f): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2008
@ lucabrasi
i understand ur point wink

@ smellypuss
on the web page they put the names of 4 actors.
N genny's happens 2 be 1 of them, do u fink they would put the name of the shopkeeper on the 1st page??
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by iice(f): 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2008
Did paramount say they were producing it or did they option to distribute.
Nwayz, Hollywood movies don't always show around the world.  Heck sometimes, they show limitedly in select cinemas.  Some just go straight to dvd.  I doubt this would have a nationwide release. . .there are too many movies to be shown.  Her break will be if she performs well enough to get praises from the critics.

Nwayz, good luck to her though have never seen her movies undecided
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by protected: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2008
This is sum goodnews, she's again re-inventing and re-defining the standards for Nigerian female (Diva) actresses, Go Genn. 1luv
Re: Genny To Finally Break Into Hollywood! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2008
well, im happy for her. how come there arnt any big wigs in the movie. genny appears to be the biggest amongst all the castes. all the same, good for her. she's guaranteed a few haters even amongst her peers.

(1) (Reply)

Flavour N’abania Aka Chinedu Okoli Signs With American Based Record Label / Jay-z And Beyoncé’s Daughter Is Almost Definitely Illuminati / Oops! Lola Omotayo Is Not Pregnant Says Peter Of P’square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.