Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 (14545 Views)

Manchester United V Chelsea On Sunday 8th May 2011 / Tottenham Hotspur(2) Vs Liverpool(1) On Sunday 16th August / Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by mukina2: 10:56pm On May 07, 2013
Rafael Benitez today suggested that he expects Jose Mourinho to be named his successor as Chelsea manager.

Interim boss Benitez again confirmed he will depart Stamford Bridge this summer at the end of his short-term contract.

Real Madrid head coach Mourinho, who left after three years as Blues boss in September 2007, has been strongly linked with a return, with a date of July 1 mooted.

``The next year there will be another manager,'' said Benitez, who replaced Roberto Di Matteo in November.

``I think everybody knows who will be here.''

Due to his prior association with Liverpool, where he regularly crossed swords with Mourinho both domestically and in Europe, Benitez was an unpopular appointment among fans, the majority of whom adore the Portuguese.

He would not be drawn into naming names, but it was clear Benitez was responding to the clamour for Mourinho.

The Spaniard said: ``I will concentrate on my job now. I have to concentrate on my job. It's not my concern now.''

Benitez has quietly moved within sight of his targets since the vitriol towards him quietened down in the wake of his plea to supporters following the FA Cup win at Middlesbrough in February.

Chelsea are in next week's Europa League final against Benfica and well placed in the Barclays Premier League for a return to the Champions League.

Victory in the London derby with Tottenham would see third-placed Chelsea move six points clear of Spurs with two games to play and a far superior goal difference.

Benitez, who has been linked with German side Schalke, would not comment on his own future and preferred to focus on Spurs.

``My future is Tottenham, after we will see,'' he said. ``At the moment I'm just thinking about Tottenham and what we could do.

``I have to keep doing my job, that is trying to prepare the team properly for every game and the agents, they have to do their jobs.''

Eden Hazard is available again following a calf injury.

John Obi Mikel (hip) also missed Sunday's win at Manchester United and remains absent, while Ryan Bertrand (knee) is out.

Oriol Romeu is back in contention after returning to full training following his long-term knee problem.

Meanwhile, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has insisted criticism by Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny will have no impact on his side's quest for Champions League football, which continues at Stamford Bridge.

Following the Gunners' 1-0 win at QPR on Saturday, which followed on from Spurs victory over Southampton, goalkeeper Szczesny claimed their bitter rivals ``do not have enough quality'' to finish ahead of them.

Villas-Boas, though, insisted those comments were misplaced - and questioned the status of the 23-year-old, who has been at Arsenal since 2008, to make such bold remarks.

``He is entitled to his opinion. It is absolutely fine. You don't expect love from an Arsenal player to Tottenham player. If it touches a bit lack of respect, it is normal in a rivalry,'' the Portuguese said.

``I think it would have been a little more tolerable if it had come from a genuine Arsenal fan.

``Coming from an Arsenal player, he is an Arsenal player who is probably only passing by to another club, or who is not going to stay there for life. In the end if he means exactly those words from the heart.. he doesn't, for sure.

``I wouldn't say that an Arsenal fan (player) that has just arrived in that club for the last couple of years is entitled to so much hatred towards Tottenham like he seems to have.''

Villas-Boas, 35, was sacked by Chelsea in March 2012 only nine months after they had paid Porto some £13million compensation to bring him back to the club where he worked as part of Jose Mourinho's coaching team.

The Portuguese, however, insists there will be nothing ``special'' about the return which will be the first since his departure.

``It is a club which I have gone past,'' said the 35-year-old, who was appointed by Spurs last July as Harry Redknapp's successor.

``I have good and bad memories like everyone else, but it was a period which did not finish the way I would have liked.

``Before I was manager there I was in Jose's team and I had some wonderful years there. Probably the ones that I have spent there as a manager aren't that special, so in that sense, as I have said previously, it doesn't have that kind of effect on me. It is not very, very special.''

Tottenham hope to have Aaron Lennon available for the trip.

The forward was substituted in the win over Southampton with a tight hamstring but is expected to recover, as is attacking midfielder Mousa Dembele (hamstring).

Midfielder Sandro (knee), Younes Kaboul (thigh) and William Gallas (calf) are unavailable.

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345573/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by manmustwac(m): 11:29pm On May 07, 2013
click like if u want chelsea to win

21 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by manmustwac(m): 11:30pm On May 07, 2013
click like if you want spurs to win

4 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by manmustwac(m): 11:30pm On May 07, 2013
click like if your predicting a draw

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by manmustwac(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2013
click like if u don't really care about the result
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by mikeywise(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2013
chelsea all the way, we will qualify for champions league after beating spurs tonight.
John Terry will be one of the scorers today.

Moderator: please send this to front page so that what happened on sunday will not repeat itself, thanks.
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Krasid(m): 3:26pm On May 08, 2013
I don't know why chelsea cannot keep a coach for at least a year,they should learn from united.if they retain mou from madrid they should keep him.anyway,chelsea is winning 2-1 today.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2013
Make Shesea help Arsenal beat Turtleham. Biko Shesea players.
-------------------
Last Bullet: I don dey dislike dis Nairaland Rule wey Seun attached to the beginning, when person wan start a new post.
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by MrTAnonymous(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
manmustwac: click like if u want chelsea to win
chelsea 4 life cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by MrTAnonymous(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Make Shesea help Arsenal beat Turtleham. Biko Shesea players.
-------------------
Last Bullet: I don dey dislike dis Nairaland Rule wey Seun attached to the beginning, when person wan start a new post.
abi oh,seun and his mods.sucks angry

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 08, 2013
Krasid: I don't know why chelsea cannot a coach for at least a year,they should learn from united.if they retain mou from madrid they should keep hik.anyway,chelsea is winning 2-1 today.

If not for seun's 21 commandments that I just read, e for be me and you for this thread.
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Pabodan: 3:39pm On May 08, 2013
Hun, many Arsenal fans would have wanted a victory for MAN U on sunday against Chelsea, and come 7:45pm today, they would be silently praying for a victory for Chelsea. hum....
THAT'S JUST THE IRONY OF LIFE O
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 08, 2013
Chelsea will win by 3 - 1. Then we will beat Villa to secure the thrid spot, then beat Benfica in the Europa Cup final. Jose Mourinho will return next season and our total dominance of English and European footbal will start. And now that the great ol cheat - Sir Alex Ferguson - has retired, we can expect to get fair results expecially against the Manchester teams.

Blue is the Colour, Football is the game, we are all together and winning is our aim. So cheer us all through the Sun and Rain. Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Burger01(m): 3:50pm On May 08, 2013
Up Blues!!!

grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by dagentility(f): 4:04pm On May 08, 2013
Why am i always missin road,did i jst clik 2 dis thread.** runs out of thread*
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 08, 2013
AXXSINNERS keep Praying for the blues Victory
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by chelseabmw(m): 5:03pm On May 08, 2013
BLUES FOR LIFE
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by dotcomnamename: 5:07pm On May 08, 2013
Race for 3rd and 4th, next years

CL spot:

Cases :

Tottenham beats Chelsea. Both
Tottenham and Chelsea win their
remaining matches
Arsenal take 5th place
regardless of the outcome of the
2 remaining matches.
-----------------------------------

Chelsea beats Tottenham.
Chelsea then loses any 1 of their 2
remaining matches ,Arsenal
takes 3rd, regardless of
Tottenham winning their matches.

Chelsea beats Tottenham and
wins their final 2 matches coming
3rd. Arsenal takes 4th winning
their final 2 matches. Tottenham
ends their season in 5th.

[size=13pt]Therefore, i doubt it if Tottenham will qualify for champions league because they have %95 chance of not making it..[/size]
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by mikeywise(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Race for 3rd and 4th, next years

CL spot:

Cases :

Tottenham beats Chelsea. Both
Tottenham and Chelsea win their
remaining matches
Arsenal take 5th place
regardless of the outcome of the
2 remaining matches.

Chelsea beats Tottenham.
Chelsea then loses any 1 of their 2
remaining matches ,Arsenal
takes 3rd, regardless of
Tottenham winning their matches.

Chelsea beats Tottenham and
wins their final 2 matches coming
3rd. Arsenal takes 4th winning
their final 2 matches. Tottenham
ends their season in 5th.

[size=13pt]Therefore, i doubt it if Tottenham will qualify for champions league because they have %95 chance of not making it..[/size]

Your second Analysis is flawed, Arsenal can only come 3rd if Chelsea beats Tottenham today and lost their remaining 2 matches against Villa and Everton (if and only if Aresenal beats Wigan and Newcastle)

Chelsea will automatically place 3rd if they beat Spurs today and win atleast one of their match against Villa and Everton.
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by chelseabmw(m): 6:52pm On May 08, 2013
The team: Cech; Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, David Luiz; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Torres.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by dad007(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2013
THE MATCH NEVA START?
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 08, 2013
7:45 PM
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by EFCC1(m): 7:29pm On May 08, 2013
ChelseaLine-up
POS No Name

G 1 Petr Cech

D 2 Branislav Ivanovic

D 3 Ashley Cole

D 24 Gary Cahill

D 28 César Azpilicueta

M 4 David Luiz

M 7 Ramires

M 10 Juan Mata

M 11 Oscar

M 17 Eden Hazard

F 9 Fernando Torres

POS No Name
G 22 Ross Turnbull
D 26 John Terry
M 8 Frank Lampard
M 13 Victor Moses
M 30 Yossi Benayoun
M 57 Nathan Ake
F 29 Demba Ba

Tottenham HotspurLine-up
POS No Name

G 25 Hugo Lloris

D 5 Jan Vertonghen

D 20 Michael Dawson

D 28 Kyle Walker

D 32 Benoit Assou-Ekotto

M 6 Tom Huddlestone

M 7 Aaron Lennon

M 8 Scott Parker

M 11 Gareth Bale

M 23 Lewis Holtby

F 10 Emmanuel Adebayor
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by freecocoa(f): 7:42pm On May 08, 2013
I don show.

Who dey house? I hail o cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by dotcomnamename: 7:43pm On May 08, 2013
mikeywise:

Your second Analysis is flawed, Arsenal can only come 3rd if Chelsea beats Tottenham today and lost their remaining 2 matches against Villa and Everton (if and only if Aresenal beats Wigan and Newcastle)

Chelsea will automatically place 3rd if they beat Spurs today and win atleast one of their match against Villa and Everton.

And if that be, Tottenham will qualify?
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by RedLight1: 7:43pm On May 08, 2013
game on
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Chimerase(m): 7:47pm On May 08, 2013
Game on cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 08, 2013
We are UnderWay!
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 08, 2013
freecocoa: I don show.

Who dey house? I hail o cheesy

i dey but na bench I dey today. #nolivecommentary
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by RedLight1: 7:49pm On May 08, 2013
toress not wearing mask tonight
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by chelseabmw(m): 7:50pm On May 08, 2013
Kick Off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 by Chimerase(m): 7:51pm On May 08, 2013
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

West Ham United Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 23rd November 2013 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle (3 - 1) On 26th December 2014 / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa 2 - 1 On 10th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.