Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra (13179 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 10:36am On May 08, 2013
Full speed ahead!!!!!AMG voting cos we r right behind ‎u Sir.
Ngige or •̸№ one else!
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:37am On May 08, 2013
Anambra will not recycle governors. Soludo and Dora or nothing.

Ngigi belongs to the non progressive past of Anambra.

APGA will go for us, all the way to Anambra State House.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Diligence: 10:42am On May 08, 2013
The second coming of the 'messiah'... Once again, let tears of joy flow down the cheeks of my brethren for he who defied all odds and embraced the masses instead, has again indicated interest to serve and deliver what originally/rightly belongs to us - Ndi Anambra!
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Mboi: 10:45am On May 08, 2013
Ndyoo: This Man,are you the only Anambrarian with a standing rod. Backdoor Governorship for three years,Senate for 4years without raising any motion or stirring a debate now you are back to do what? It takes a good electorate to know this man is just power hungry otherwise he would have leave the senate for Dora yet he choose to prove himself the only right candidate in the midst of over 2 million people and I refuse to accept that.
Were you in Anambra state when Ngige was the governor? Say things with facts. Why would he leave a seat he won two times to a looser who is being pushd around like a baby in a walker. Ngige didd all he did in the state will mainly internally generated revenue, here the incumbent has federal allocation, what has he done? Ngige opend the eyes of Anambrarians to good governance. He left more than N13billion when he left despite d fact that he met nothing when he came into power. Fine we agreed he was not duely elected but he performed more than dose duely elected.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Omen100(m): 10:47am On May 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ngige's declaration is dead on arrival. We want Soludo.

By the way, what has Ngige achieved since being in the senate? How many motions or bills has he sponsored? I dont know of any. Where is his constituency projects? It appears all he does in the senate is shout "aye" and "nay"

lolz, the last time I checked, you are from Ebonyi state & your state is as dried as sahara desert, also, don't let Anambra state politics give you headache, okay? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by mekaboy(m): 10:48am On May 08, 2013
NGIGE will WIN under any party. He has my vote.it is difficult to find a tested and trusted product in Nigeria political system.

Soludo was sacked, Anambra will hardly vote a woman for governor. Uba is a rogue. Ngige still the best.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Ferdinandu(m): 10:49am On May 08, 2013
Kulas: Onwa we welcome you.You are very popular and people love you because of your performamce and your liberation of Anambrains from the bondage of godfathers.This is indeed the entrance of a big masquerade into the race,and for sure fear has grabbed other contestants because it is VERY DIFFICULT IF NOT TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE for any of them to beat you.I personally know that you can deliver.However,Onwa for equity and justice to reign,i suggest that Anambra North be given a chance this time arround because they have never produced the governor of the state since its creation.I believe in equity and justice and it will be an irony for anybody to assume that nobody from Anambra North is qualified or capable enough to pilot the affairs of the state and give it a new look.While we the South Easterners are clamouring to have a taste of presidential seat to ensure equity,same applies to senatorial zones,for charity they say begins at home.
My Friend shut up. Anambrarians are more interested in the most credible candidate who will deliver, not your imagined Geographic location of the candidate.If the person is from your so called Anambra North then good if not then it's still alright
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Mboi: 11:15am On May 08, 2013
strangest:

say what you know... theres a huge difference between awarding contracts and paying contractors... no government pays contractors their full payment immediately... what Ngige did was to award contracts and collect feedbacks(bribe from contractors)... Peter Obi,unlike some other governors that will cancel such contracts because the feedback did not get to them, paid off those contractors....
Ngige awarded many road contracts and they were completed before Obi came. It was few of them dat was still goin on that Obi met and initially stopped all of them untill when he was impeached and his deputy Etiaba took over that she called the contractors back, mobiled cash and work started. Obi claimed that there was no money to pay the contractors so how did Etiaba get the money to bring them back jus few weeks after Obi was impeached. So my brother Ngige did nice work in Anambra state not selling beer and beverages. Remember EFCC traced every thing Ngige did, audited Anambra account but he couldn't find any scandal to put against him.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by ikweremilitant: 11:15am On May 08, 2013
dotNaira: cheesy let's go there- Ngige for Anambra 2014 under APC cool

Tested and trusted
sorry a good man in0a wrong concrigation.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by ikweremilitant: 11:20am On May 08, 2013
Broken TV: It is better for him to run under the platform of apga or pdp, if he runs under ACN or APC he will lose i personally won't vote for him under APC. On him making remark that Governor Obi is not performing is what i called joke.
gbam
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by ikweremilitant: 11:22am On May 08, 2013
dayokanu: Ngige and APC coming to save Anambra from APGA PDP caucus

Anambra o ni baje oo

loser ooo loser loser ooo loser tinubu una don lose o loser kpata kpata una go lose for ever loser
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Mboi: 11:27am On May 08, 2013
strangest:

I was there in Marble Arch Hotel when Ngige was being slapped around and locked in a toilet by Ubah... I will never give my support to such a houseboy that has to wait forever before he realised that he was actually the governor... Ngige still have curses from Okija Shrine and he should face that...

Do you know the meaning of abduction? Do you know what it means to say that someone is abducted? He was taken to Choice Hotels Awka not Marble arch. They did not tell you the stories well.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by ikweremilitant: 11:27am On May 08, 2013
exxell:

Insincere fool.... Must you always show your stuppidity on every political thread? I used to think before that you are only daft like your master Jonathan but obviously, you are foolish too! APC is taking over Anambra whether you like it or not! Am not voting for party by the way..... Am voting for personality. How I wish you were my Junior brother or a close relative.... I will just electrocute you at night while we sleep!
unfortunately for u he is not ur younger bro but ur elder so hang ur self.secondly prePare to commit sucide apc will not win a ward in anambra state
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by ikweremilitant: 11:30am On May 08, 2013
Pedagogue:

LIKE this post if u think this poster needs a job!!! grin

@ Op,it is my firm wish that Ngige will win - to at least bolster the strength of APC in d East.

With 2 governors, APC will give PDP a good chase in d East
josphes dream landed him in a dry well yours might land u in d lagoon
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Valto(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2013
ikwere militant: josphes dream landed him in a dry well yours might land u in d lagoon
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 08, 2013
[quote author=exxell]

Insincere fool.... Must you always show your stuppidity on every political thread? I used to think before that you are only daft like your master Jonathan but obviously, you are foolish too! APC is taking over Anambra whether you like it or not! Am not voting for party by the way..... Am voting for personality. How I wish you were my Junior brother or a close relative.... I will just electrocute you at night while we sleep!

grin grin grin ;Dhehehehe. Abeg oooo
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by fagin1982(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
exxell:

Hahahaha...this serious Bro you harsh o
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Klinee: 12:24pm On May 08, 2013
Ngige is the man we are waiting for...i think he is the only person we are sure of... "Ngige u don win"
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Afammic(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2013
Say Ngige 2014 Anambra here we come[color=#006600][/color] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by sko(m): 1:10pm On May 08, 2013
I don't with Ngige success @the polls.I rather would vote in Annie Okonkwo because he is more credible and never had been run by a godfather.
#poko'm
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Dede1(m): 1:10pm On May 08, 2013
I am against the idea of recycling candidates over and over again. Dr. Ngige should step aside for younger candidates with new ideas to come forward. Where are the so-called youths of Anambra State?
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Afammic(m): 1:16pm On May 08, 2013
Ngige is the man that will take Anambra state to the next level. Say Ngige!!
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by dinggle: 1:57pm On May 08, 2013
This is an insult to the ppl of Anambra, is it that others are into business?...Ngige has been there, Soludo & Dora are old school, all three are recycled politicians. Where is the new, young and unknown politician capable of change?? Anambra is officially the political recycle capital of Nigeria.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Vincent41(m): 1:58pm On May 08, 2013
Donchyke39: May 8, 2013 | 12:55 am
News

By ENYIM ENYIM

ONITSHA — Former governor of Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, yesterday, declared his intention to run for the 2014 governorship election in the state.

Senator Ngige made the declaration in Awka on the occasion of Rainbow Coalition stakeholders’ meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), and Democratic People’s Party (DPP).

Speaking on the occasion, convener of the meeting and coordinator of Rainbow Coalition, Chief Ben Oranusi, explained that after due investigations and understanding of the personalities aspiring for the 2014 gubernatorial election, they found that Ngige was the person good enough and better experienced to take up the task of piloting the affairs of Anambra State.

Oranusi said:  “We are urging him to come and contest this election and continue from where he stopped. We have been holding this meeting for months now and now is the time to call him up and say ‘go for us and become our governor again.’”
Source:
Former lawmaker in the House of representatives for Anambra East and West Federal Constituency Chief Ralph Okeke, later moved a motion for Senator Ngige to contest 2014 gubernatorial election.

The motion was seconded by Ezike Nwosu, an APGA member from Ezinifite Aguata in Anambra South and supported by Chidi Abasilim of Idemili South and Paul Obianaso who do not belong to any political party.

Speaking on the occasion, Ngige said:  “While I was there as governor, I worked with about N80 billion as total budget and executed about N69 billion and if we go by this data and figure, you will discover that the four budget which I prosecuted I had about N150 billion, including the Internally Generated Revenue.

“Yet we delivered services and built roads and lifted the embargo on employments and promotion which the then governor placed while in office.

“But when you compare my administration with that of the incumbent, Governor Peter Obi, you will see the difference.

“He had received N1.2 trillion in total as allocation from Federal Account and about N800 billion as local government allocation which makes it up to roughly N2 trillion in the last seven years, yet we have nothing to show for it.

“I wish to ask, what do we have in Anambra State in terms of infrastructure to show for the N2 trillion received by the governor?

“Even if you allow for inflation by doubling the N150 billion to N300 billion, does the situation in Anambra State justify the huge resources that has come into the state since then?”
source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/ngige-declares-governorship-ambition-in-anambra/

my Man u are going cos Obi is a thief.....not dat u will not eat money oo,eat but build tins for people to see..dats all
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Sealeddeal(m): 2:01pm On May 08, 2013
I have said severally that about 80percent of voters in anambra state does not visit nairaland or any other interactive online forum and as such,the opinion of few disgruntled people on anambra state does not matter. If you want to know the heartbeat of anambra people,come to anambra state.If you want to know what is happening in anambra state,come to anambra state.
sen.Ngige should try to present his information fairly and with facts.Gov.Peter Obi is no longer contesting election and Ngige know quite well that Gov.Obi out-performed him 20x and therefore,he should thank God for Gov.Obi and then ask anambrarians to support hims so that he(Ngige) will continue where Gov.Obi will stop.
Anambra state is very important to Igboland and to the federal govt thats why President GEJ doesnt take chance over any issue pertaining to anambra state and as such,i can tell you with great level of certainty that FG can never allow oppostion in manner of APC to win anambra governorship election.Equally,Rochas Okorocha has decamped to that same APC and therefore,it will be very dangerous for GEJ to allow Anambra fall into the hands of APC as it will potend the failure of GEJ/PDP in SE in 2015.So,i doubt if anambra 2014 will not be rigged or the election influenced in such a way that APC/ACN will not even get 2nd or 3rd position let alone 1st.
Sen. Ngige is a popular candidate in most part of anambra central but i can bet with everything i have that Ngige will never be the governor of anambra state come 2014 as Anambra is too important to FG. It will be easier for APGA or any other party to win than for APC to win.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Niggmatic: 2:05pm On May 08, 2013
Mboi:
Were you in Anambra state when Ngige was the governor? Say things with facts. Why would he leave a seat he won two times to a looser who is being pushd around like a baby in a walker. Ngige didd all he did in the state will mainly internally generated revenue, here the incumbent has federal allocation, what has he done? Ngige opend the eyes of Anambrarians to good governance. He left more than N13billion when he left despite d fact that he met nothing when he came into power. Fine we agreed he was not duely elected but he performed more than dose duely elected.
You are not empirical in your write-up.13billion? Please we are not here to speculate. I have not read that anywhere,i think we need fact here not fiction.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Ogojohn(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ngige's declaration is dead on arrival. We want Soludo.

By the way, what has Ngige achieved since being in the senate? How many motions or bills has he sponsored? I dont know of any. Where is his constituency projects? It appears all he does in the senate is shout "aye" and "nay"
Soludo is not contesting. even if he is. Bring it on. As for your views on moving motion. We all know ONWA. He is not the one that is easily intimidated. I wonder how many times you watch the senate proceedings on tv. So all your rented e warrior should have internet blackout.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 08, 2013
Broken TV:
i want you to know that your are dealing with the whole of anambra now not just anambra north senatorial zone check the margin she take beat Akunyili. And let me remind you people did not vote for ngige because of acn. Whether you like it or not Apc will fail.

d dude said ngige was better dan obi. i laff dayokanu have u ever seen river Niger talk more of been to anambra. u guys rr always seen were ever apn/ acn is mentioned. internet politicians
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 08, 2013
Mboi:
Ngige awarded many road contracts and they were completed before Obi came. It was few of them dat was still goin on that Obi met and initially stopped all of them untill when he was impeached and his deputy Etiaba took over that she called the contractors back, mobiled cash and work started. Obi claimed that there was no money to pay the contractors so how did Etiaba get the money to bring them back jus few weeks after Obi was impeached. So my brother Ngige did nice work in Anambra state not selling beer and beverages. Remember EFCC traced every thing Ngige did, audited Anambra account but he couldn't find any scandal to put against him.

he didnt do any scandal. i laff. saint ngige abi. peter obi did nothin in my town Nnewi but truth be told he is d best governor anambra ever had
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Zonacom(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2013
Omen100:

lolz, the last time I checked, you are from Ebonyi state & your state is as dried as sahara desert, also, don't let Anambra state politics give you headache, okay? angry angry angry
The most annoying coment so far. If he is from ebonyi, then what? What makes you think anambra is any better? If you are igbo then am sorry for you. Better rid yourself of this evil hate for a fellow tribesman simply because you are from different states. I'm an Anambrarian but God forbid that i insult a fellow igbo 'cos of his state of origin. Your likes( chino, okija juju, zuby and berem) should have a rethink
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2013
I'm waiting for Soludo and Akunyili to join the fray.
Re: Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra by alexchiny: 3:52pm On May 08, 2013
Why all these noise? 2014 is just next year! Am sure Ngige is wise enough to know that he can't win a gubernatorial election under APC in Anambra and not while PETER OBI remains the governor. All yall internet politicians can say what you what but the FACT remains that Peter Obi would definitely influence that election. Truth be Told, leave sentiment apart and am sure Ngige knows these things!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit / Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned / VAT Direct Initiative: Facts About The FIRS - MATAN Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.