Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

What Is Your Opinion Of The Nigerian Education System? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Your Opinion Of The Nigerian Education System? (1291 Views)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) / The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! / Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion Of The Nigerian Education System? by encoreici: 3:40am On May 14, 2006
Hi,
I'm an american student working on an essay investigating the quality of the unregistered private schools (inexpensive ones, not the fancy ones) versus the free public school system in nigeria,
I would like to know the opinions of the people here at nairaland, people who i assume have grown up seeing and hearing about the different schools, and therefore may have an insightful opinion.
If you wouldn't mind, could you please answer these questions?
1. What city did you grow up in?
2. How would you describe your family's economic situation (I don't need to know how much money your family earned per year, but rather what are your parents occupation, would you be considered the top 10% , 50% etc as far as wealthiness goes)?
3. What type of school did you go to? [Public, Private registered (a private school that is going to be quite expensive), or private unregistered (Quite cheap in comparison with the private registered schools)]
4. What subjects did you study?
5. How would you rate your education, now that you are have seen more of the world, or have enrolled in a university?
6. Are there any other facts you would like to volunteer?

I really appreciate any insight you can give me about the Nigerian education system,
Re: What Is Your Opinion Of The Nigerian Education System? by folkzy(f): 2:18pm On May 21, 2006
1.I grew up at Ogun state, the capital[b] {Abeokuta}- meaning 'the rock city'.

2. My parents were civil servant - My mum was a primary school teacher and my dad was a psychiatrist.

3. I went to a private kindergaten and primary school. I attended three years at a public secondary school and 1and half year at a private secondary school.

4. I studied business subjects at secondary skool.

5. Private school is the best place you learnt more academically and it really helped me with my study when i came to london.

6. Public school is more about having fun, socializing etc. That 's my view.

Does that help?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Of The Nigerian Education System? by mouth222(m): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2011
the poorest Education system is found in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Ksu Admission List Is Out. / Futa Releases 2010/2011 Pds Screening Result. / Ado-ekiti Remedial Admission Form Is On Sale:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.