Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (444 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by wellmax(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2013
London (CNN) -- Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson is retiring after more than a quarter of a century at the helm, the soccer club announced Wednesday.

The 71-year-old Scot has managed the English club -- which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and has millions of fans around the world -- since 1986.

During more than two decades at the helm, Ferguson has won more than 30 trophies, including 13 league championships and two Champions League wins.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/08/sport/football/uk-manchester-united-ferguson/index.html
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by aspabay(m): 9:45am On May 08, 2013
Manchester United was your team is, your team and will be your team.... thanks for giving us thousand reasons of Smiles and joy..... Happy retirement
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by baggylips(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2013
Congrats 2 the most successful manager in English football history.I'm a barca fan but I gt high respect 4 dis man though we dy tidy him grin
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Tolexander: 9:47am On May 08, 2013
Speechless!

Another era of manchester united football club begins!
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by wellmax(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson: "As for my players and staff, past and present, I would like to thank them all for a staggering level of professional conduct and dedication that has helped to deliver so many memorable triumphs. Without their contribution the history of this great club would not be as rich.

"In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team.

"Over the past decade, the Glazer family have provided me with the platform to manage Manchester United to the best of my ability and I have been extremely fortunate to have worked with a talented and trustworthy Chief Executive in David Gill. I am truly grateful to all of them.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Enegod(m): 9:56am On May 08, 2013
thank you Sir Alex
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by toprealman: 9:56am On May 08, 2013
It is official. Despite my personal issues with Fergie, I must say he will be greatly missed.
Hope you enjoy your retirement Alex.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by mukina2: 10:01am On May 08, 2013

(1)

Ronaldo Pleads For Hug-fan Charges To Be Dropped / Neymar Backs Martino Rotation Policy / Thoughts On AFC Transfers And Others...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.