Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government (1150 Views)

ASUP Set To Call Off Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / Read ASUP and NAPS strike Update here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by cyara(f): 12:53pm On May 08, 2013
Over 2 weeks since the ASUP strike and the federal government is yet to address the issue. Students of the various polytechnics has been sent home indefinitely not knowing when school will resume again. It is painful to know that the federal government has not fully addressed this issue and the hopes of the Nigerian students is being delayed.
Is the government prolonging this strike because its only the nigerian polytechnics that are affected ?
Re: What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by Hndholder(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2013
Scrap the polytechnic system if they can not fund it.
Re: What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by cyara(f): 3:49pm On May 08, 2013
Hnd-holder:
Scrap the polytechnic system if they can not fund it.

Is this the solution you can offer ? If they scrap it what happens next ? What makes you think universities are better than polytechnics ? Our mentality in this part of the world is just something else, i fail to believe that young youth with your kind of mentality still exist
Re: What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by Mpetempe(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2013
The Worst Part Is That Most Polytechnics Are Still In There First Semester.

Nigeria Land Of Wonders...
Re: What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by cyara(f): 10:09pm On May 08, 2013
the annoying part of all these is that no one is saying anything about the strike. Is just as if polytechnics never existed
Re: What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by ishmael(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2013
cyara:

Is this the solution you can offer ? If they scrap it what happens next ? What makes you think universities are better than polytechnics ? Our mentality in this part of the world is just something else, i fail to believe that young youth with your kind of mentality still exist
He made some sense my dear. If govt are not ready to reposition polytechnics in nigeria they should be scrapped. FYI, the person that came up with dat suggestion is an elderly man and not a young boy; i believe he knows what he's saying.
Re: What Is Wrong With ASUP And The Federal Government by Hndholder(m): 8:13am On May 09, 2013
I am above 50 years. I have spent all my life fighting this dichotomy. I have obtained anytype of degree both in Nigeria and oversea. Nothing so special about university degree other than plot to kill technology.
https://www.nairaland.com/30476/end-polytechnic-nigeria/2
They did just that.
Nigerian do not want polytechnic that is my submission.

[i][/i]Flash back

Re: The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria by ishmael(m): 11:30am On Jan 22, 2007

Hnd-holder:

All with retroactive effect. E.g All HND graduate of Calabar polytechnics are now rated as Graduates and all promoted to 15 and 16 Level.

They run as they like, poly stops at ND level officially with FG

Na wa oo!! So bad. So polytechnics have been taken back to the days of Diploma only; that is back to 1960's and early 70's. Let FG scrap polytechnics as a whole so dat nobody will go and waste his/her time there reading for one yeye Diploma.

@ishmael

Re: The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria by Hnd-holder(m): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2007

The Diploma now is refered to as NON_ Degree component of University. FG has no poytechnic again.

Re: The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria by ishmael(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2007

So States can still have polytechnics?? States can still run ND & HND programs , is that what it means?? Rubbish!! What becomes of NBTE??

@ishmael

(1) (Reply)

Can CBT EXAM Stop Exam Malpractice In JAMB / Is Change Of School Form Still Available Nd Is YABATECH P-utme Form Out? / Is Munificient The Best Grammarian On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.