Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! (14543 Views)

Explosion At Goil Filling Station In Ghana, 75 Dead / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York / China Is World's Fifth Arms Exporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by citizenisb: 3:26pm On May 08, 2013
There has been a small explosion around 34th and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City.

NYC Firefighter Tommy Schwaber told Business Insider it was a manhole fire and that it has already been extinguished.

There are no reports of injuries, but some people are saying power around the Empire State Building has gone out.

http://www.businessinsider.com/explosion-on-fifth-avenue-in-new-york-2013-5
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by citizenisb: 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, while in Shanghai, was given a sharp dressing-down by President Vladimir Putin Monday, May 6, a warning that Russia would not tolerate further Israeli attacks on Damascus and would respond.
Putin did not say how, but he did announce he had ordered the acceleration of highly advanced Russian weapons supplies to Syria.

debkafile’s military sources disclose that the Russian leader was referring to S-300 anti-air systems and the nuclear-capable 9K720 Iskander (NATO named SS-26 Stone) surface missiles, which are precise enough to hit a target within a 5-7 meter radius at a distance of 280 kilometers.

In his phone call to Netanyahu, the Russian leader made no bones about his determination not to permit the US, Israel or any other regional force (e.g. Turkey and Qatar) overthrow President Bashar Assad. He advised the prime minister to make sure to keep this in mind.

Our sources add: Since Syrian air defense teams have already trained in Russia on the handling of the S-300 interceptor batteries, they can go into service as soon as they are landed by one of Russia’s daily airlifts to Syria. Russian air defense officials will supervise their deployment and prepare them for operation.
Moscow is retaliating not just for Israel’s air operations against Syria but in anticipation of the Obama administration’s impending decision to send the first US arms shipments to the Syrian rebels.

Intelligence agencies in Moscow and the Middle East take it for granted that by the time Washington goes public on this decision, some of the Syrian rebel factions will already be armed with American weapons.

3 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by malele(m): 4:31pm On May 08, 2013
citizen pls were ur link to ur post dey

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by kkkp: 5:02pm On May 08, 2013
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by IGBOSON1: 5:07pm On May 08, 2013
Good on you Putin! These fools don't see the mess they've made of Iraq and Libya, now they've turned their evil eyes on Syria.....fools!

Rebels my dic/k!

7 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Jabioro: 6:18pm On May 08, 2013
This does nt concern us
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:19pm On May 08, 2013
Explosion in US again
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by vizboy(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2013
Finally we have exported some members of Bh boys to america. Bomb everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by TeeSeven(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2013
So what is Israel supposed to have done? Open their eyes while Hezbollah is being armed. Any rationally thinking nation would've done what Israel did!
BTW, why is this post derailed?

7 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by ariangrace: 6:27pm On May 08, 2013
all these superpowers should more concerned with level of corruption in some of these countries where corruption is going on with impunity. My point is the superpowers should be more outspoken against corruption and not change of government. They should not wait until corruption has led to in-fighting s if they are very sincere to have masses at heart. A good case is Nigeria where corruption is going on in massive scales. they should not wait until corruption has bred violence and in-fightings before they become involved. they should be more proactive as world police

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by valencia25(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2013
This is not good!
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by manosteel(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2013
Pooh pooh
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Mcdondayan: 6:31pm On May 08, 2013
Despite his dictatorial tendencies, i am beginning to like Vladimir.

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by donbazini: 6:34pm On May 08, 2013
Which one is d real post na, explosion or syria, na wah 4 nairaland, africa doings on point

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by otokx(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2013
a world war may be in the offing.
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by otipoju(m): 6:42pm On May 08, 2013
As long as one man seeks to dominate others there will be no end to conflicts,the wars they lead to,and the arms and ammunition required to prosecute them. In the end the real losers are the Syrians whose lands have been turned to a theartre of war by heartless a man obsessed with power and by actors whose people wine and dine in peace and quiet.

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by toluxa1(m): 6:44pm On May 08, 2013
How does this change the ridiculous rules set by Seun
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by playahP(m): 6:49pm On May 08, 2013
The topic is very misleading!!!
This is a construction site accident and there was no fatalities or major damage!!
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by dartsidius7(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
Nice one putin.

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by aurenflani: 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
Tee_Seven: So what is Israel supposed to have done? Open their eyes while Hezbollah is being armed. Any rationally thinking nation would've done what Israel did!
BTW, why is this post derailed?

Is hisbullah a syrian regiment, foo.l.

3 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by 2npe(m): 7:10pm On May 08, 2013
sorry american
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by outrage: 7:13pm On May 08, 2013
manhole explosion that has been put out in far away US, gracing FP..

Talk about inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 08, 2013
Americans/ America is in trouble.. I will reject their visa anytime.. Up Arab and Asia plus Russia.. We are taking over the world.. Obama cant look at President Putin in the eyes.. Up Russia..

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 08, 2013
ariangrace: all these superpowers should more concerned with level of corruption in some of these countries where corruption is going on with impunity. My point is the superpowers should be more outspoken against corruption and not change of government. They should not wait until corruption has led to in-fighting s if they are very sincere to have masses at heart. A good case is Nigeria where corruption is going on in massive scales. they should not wait until corruption has bred violence and in-fightings before they become involved. they should be more proactive as world police

The concept of veto power enjoyed by the five veto power-wielding nations of the United Nations is fraud against the weaker and preipheral nations of the world and a major contributing factor to the problems in the world.that is why its going to be very difficult to achieve global peace in as much as the so called superpowers continue to use the rest of the world as pawns in their fight for dominance and inter-state hegemony.

I can only shake my head for Africa cuz they have already been subdued through slavery and colonization and in the contemporary era,given democracy/freedom while the ogas at the top continue to dominate the world.

4 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 08, 2013
I really want to troll this highly discombobulating set of posts but the commandments of Seun and his Fatwah-declaring brethren are making me fearful of my safety and general well-being.

4 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Stlatyv(m): 7:56pm On May 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The concept of veto power enjoyed by the five veto power-wielding nations of the United Nations is fraud against the weaker and preipheral nations of the world and a major contributing factor to the problems in the world.that is why its going to be very difficult to achieve global peace in as much as the so called superpowers continue to use the rest of the world as pawns in their fight for dominance and inter-state hegemony.

I can only shake my head for Africa cuz they have already been subdued through slavery and colonization and in the contemporary era,given democracy/freedom while the ogas at the top continue to dominate the world.
periphery
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Anthiga(m): 8:07pm On May 08, 2013
Back in government class.

2 Likes

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 08, 2013
Chai... Boko haram tinz
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 08, 2013
I wonder!!! I am yet to read those things. I hate uninteresting thinz... Seun take note. Hehehe. You click reply and you are confronted with 21 commandments. Mtscheeew...

toluxa1: How does this change the ridiculous rules set by Seun
Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by badassnigga(m): 8:53pm On May 08, 2013
I admire Putin a lot.

can u ppl imagine that Ikenna351 banned me frm politics section. that Ikenna351 or whatever is name is a real badt person.

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Fifth Avenue In New York, USA!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 08, 2013
Mcdondayan: Despite his dictatorial tendencies, i am beginning to like Vladimir.

welcome to the club...I've always loved Vladimir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Defaults On Debt Payments Again As Post-Coup Woes Pile / Putin Promises Africa Free Grain Supply To Tackle Food Insecurity / Elizabeth Truss: Buhari, Biden, Macron, Scholz, Others Congratulate New UK PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.