Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York (26197 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Passenger Plane Carrying 295 People 'shot Down. / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
25 People Shot (6 Killed) Over 48 Hours In NYC

Mayhem in the city: 25 people shot in 48 hours
Three killed Sunday after three were killed Saturday. One of the wounded includes an 11-year-old girl who will never walk again.

Violence surged like the mercury Sunday, with three more fatalities from gun violence — and eight others wounded in shootings — bringing the total number of bullet-riddled in the city to 25 in less than 48 hours. Only Staten Island was safe from the wide-ranging spray of gunfire and sickening weekend bloodshed. At least 12 people were blasted in Brooklyn, eight in the Bronx and another four in Queens. The sole person shot in Manhattan took several slugs to the chest and perished in broad daylight.

Sunday’s first fatality was Ivan Martinez, 21, who was approached around 3:25 a.m. by a 20-year-old gunman and a woman at E. 139th St. near Brook Ave. in the Bronx, police said. The gunman shot Martinez once in the head and ran off with the woman. In the second fatal attack, a man in his 40s was gunned down during an argument in East Harlem around 1:20 p.m. The victim, who has not been identified by police, was blasted multiple times in the torso on E. 105th St. near First Ave. Less than four hours later, Damien Powell, 25, was killed after he was shot in the chest outside the Albany Houses in Crown Heights, sources and witnesses said. The victim’s mother collapsed at the scene, where shell casings littered the street, witnesses said.

In other shootings Sunday:
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg in the Ravenswood Houses in Queens at 12:10 a.m.
- A 21-year-old man was shot three times on East New York Ave., Brooklyn, at 2:36 a.m.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the leg at Bedford Park Blvd. and Webster Ave. in the Bronx at 3:30 a.m.
- A 35-year-old man brought himself to Jamaica Hospital with a gunshot wound in the leg at 4:12 a.m.
- A 15-year-old was shot in his leg and back on Osborn St. in, Brownsville, Brooklyn, at 11:40 a.m.
- A gunman opened fire at Bedford Ave. near Lenox Road in Prospect Lefferts-Gardens around 3:25 p.m.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/25-people-shot-48-hours-article-1.1361388#ixzz2VAXlhtzm
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by JeSoul(f): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hi tdade, I modified the formatting of your post to make it easier to read. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by tdade(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
JeSoul: Hi tdade, I modified the formatting of your post to make it easier to read. Cheers.
Cheers Ma'am. Appreciated.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
hmmm....is it some kinda competition....dey should check how many people are being shot in northern nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
HAS BOKO HARAM ERECTED A CAMP THERE...

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Whether you guys like my comment on not... This is the endtime... No more signs of it... Just watch and see...

Make una like my comment sha...

21 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by nerodenero: 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
End times already here and only God can safe us.The world has drastically lost moral values and human lifes are of no significance.

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by mycon(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Asemo11(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
so mad people self day america hahaha i day laf
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by lafuria1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
So? We should do what? The American govt and people are not serious about gun control. As far as the govt and people don't see it terrorism, they are Ok with it.

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by nerodenero: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Whether you guys like my comment on not... This is the endtime... No more signs of it... Just watch and see...

Make una like my comment sha...
Hahahahahaha.Somebody begging indirectly for likes.
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Only in America!! grin

And yanks talk crazy about unsafe London is, when more than 22,000 people are shot dead in that country every year.

If this should happen in London, best believe all the whole place would be on lock down with military police and undercover cops everywhere - stopping and searching every black person in sight.

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
mycon: o
OMG.....wat iz NIGERIA turning into naw.....people are juz killed anyhow...and the so called law wont do anytin...anywayz the law iz only 4 the poor....VERIFIED FACT

When New York City turn Nigeria... Do you read before commenting at all

16 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by kponkedenge(m): 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
How does dis news consine us dat r living in nigeria
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Asemo11(m): 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
u day read so

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Crown height, flatbush, brownsville, east new york, bronx, queens, and east harlem - you can't make this shiit up. Still surprised Stapleton didn't join the madness..
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by otijah(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dis world don tire person sef
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Flashaldrin(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
and the illiteracy figure keeps skyrocketing. . .VERIFIED FACT.

12 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by theanonymous: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2013

oga, who called Nigeria here? Some ppl sef

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
bad. But i believe it were to be Nigeria, some partisan touts and ethnic bigots would be apt to pour out fury. And this killings happen in the "all mighty USA". The earlier we know that problems happen globally and we face ours as a nation, the better it would be for us all.
By the way, Rip to the dead.

4 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Sanboy25: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lord have mercy...
R.I.P to the victims... cry

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by gramci: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ombatse bullet go sell for newyork
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by supaeagles(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
nerodenero:
End times already here and only God can safe us.The world has drastically lost moral values and human lifes are of no significance.
This end of times proclamation has been going on for decades now.... don't you think the effect may be wearing off now?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Rich4god(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Na wa ooo... This is what i call hyness
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
supaeagles:
This end of times cry has been going on for decades now.... don't you think the effect may be wearing off now?

Not at all My Friend... Tiz definitely the endtime... Hope you are prepared to be caught up?
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2013

Product of free and cheap education

2 Likes

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by otijah(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
thought NL is full of educated ppl, but naw I knw is pure fallacy. ANUOHIA!

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by sunkoye: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
na so pple dey jump enter fire...lazy bone

1 Like

Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by amposahstephen: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Endtime am taking all my money to my pastor to use for the ministry
Re: 25 People Shot In 48 Hours In New York by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
What soldier

25 down...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Israeli War Cabinet: No Going Back On Attack On Iran In Clear & Decisive Manner / Magnitude 7.2 Earthquake Hits Japan. Tsunami Advisory Issued (Video, Photos) / Thieves Burgle Russia's Nuclear War 'Doomsday' Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.