Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland (2159 Views)

Suggestion To Moderators On BANNING! *fellow Nlanders Wat Do U Think* / Names Of All The Moderators On Nairaland. / Why Do Moderators On This Nl Alway Locking Up My Topic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2008
I am not happy with the way moderators have been chosen, especially for the politics section; the very section that has witnessed countless debates about the benefits of democracy. Most of us have at some time or the other hailed democracy as an enviable system, however, here on Nairaland we have not seen much democracy in choosing the moderators. I would have hoped Seun had allowed participants in each section to vote section moderators after he narrowed down the field to about 4 contestants. I understand that as the owner of this forum he has the prerogative to appoint anyone as moderator, but I only wished that the nearly 200,000 members of Nairaland had some say.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Play(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2008
Will you stop whining like a woman? Maybe,if they made you a moderator,you will keep quiet.You weren't even moderator when you were petitioning Seun to get me banned.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Play:

Will you stop whining like a woman? Maybe,if they made you a moderator,you will keep quiet.You weren't even moderator when you were petitioning Seun to get me banned.

Who is whining? See me see otemu for hia! Na craze dey worry you. grin

I'm only bringing to the fore the importance of democracy. Aren't you one of the champions of democracy? But now you can't even defend the democracy you claim to support.

You were banned for insulting someones' mother. And before I knew who you were, you had been banned at least 10 times. So, let that one rest.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by denuda: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2008
u guys clearly do not have work,what is d big deal about being a moderator, u gus take life too seriously,u guys need to smoke weed
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Play(m): 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Who is whining? See me see otemu for hia! Na craze dey worry you. grin

I'm only bringing to the fore the importance of democracy. Aren't you one of the champions of democracy? But now you can't even defend the democracy you claim to support.

You were banned for insulting someones' mother. And before I knew who you were, you had been banned at least 10 times. So, let that one rest.

Only a crass individual will go from thread to thread on a privately owned forum whining endlessly like a woman on PMS about the new moderator.This your obsession with Kobo is perverse.

Didn't I ask you then to quote and show people where I insulted your mother?Silly Arrow,petitioning like an infant in primary school.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2008
denuda:

u guys clearly do not have work,what is d big deal about being a moderator, u gus take life too seriously,u guys need to smoke weed

I agree with you that ganja is the creation of thy Holy Father! We dey the same page. wink

But, I'm just complaining about the lack of democracy in this exercise. I know it's no big deal but we need to address the process of getting moderators. When the people vote for section moderators, you can be rest assured that the elected moderator will be more respected than if he/she is just appointed.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Play:

Only a crass individual will go from thread to thread on a privately owned forum whining endlessly like a woman on PMS about the new moderator.This your obsession with Kobo is perverse.
Didn't I ask you then to quote and show people where I insulted your mother?Silly Arrow,petitioning like an infant in primary school.

Oh gosh!! I keep trying to understand how someone I have never and will never meet seems to make everything about me and my life that he practically knows nothing about but assumes he has written in ink, in the palms of his hands. I was going to say this qualifies as cyber bullying only that in this case, I really pity him cause I have never met anyone who is this obsessed with someone stranger online. LMAO!!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Play:

4 play is 4 rustrated!

I have no obsession with anyone, I'm just interested in knowing why we did not implement a system we've so much espoused as the best system when it came to choosing section moderators.

Also, that an entity is privately owned does not preclude the implementation of democratic elements like voting. Even in big corporations, the CEO is sometimes voted in or out by the board.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Oh gosh!! I keep trying to understand how someone I have never and will never meet seems to make everything about me and my life that he practically knows nothing about but assumes he has written in ink, in the palms of his hands. I was going to say this qualifies as cyber bullying only that in this case, I really pity him cause I have never met anyone who is this obsessed with someone stranger online. LMAO!!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

At the rate you laugh your ass out, it may just fall off someday. LMAO! grin cheesy
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2008
Then let it ,  it's NOT REALLY any body elses business what I do with my ass, is it ?? I should add NUNYA at the end of these LMAO@@ss . This don tire me ooo, LMAO!!!
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Then let it , it's NOT REALLY any body elses business what I do with my ass, is it ?? I should add NUNYA at the end of these LMAO@@ss . This don tire me ooo, LMAO!!!

Now that you have benefited from a process that did not involve one of the core elements of democracy - elections, how do you feel?
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Him1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2008
if richyblack wants to be the politics thread moderator let him say so.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Play(m): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

4 play is 4 rustrated!

I have no obsession with anyone, I'm just interested in knowing why we did not implement a system we've so much espoused as the best system when it came to choosing section moderators.

My friend,had I viewed your posts in this thread in isolation,my conclusion would have been different.However,I have seen your disturbing obsession with Kobo and this thread was merely a confirmation of it.

You didn't go around complaining when moderators were being appointed in other sections until now.

Also, that an entity is privately owned does not preclude the implementation of democratic elements like voting. Even in big corporations, the CEO is sometimes voted in or out by the board.

Anu mpama,the shareholders,through the instrumentality of the board,own and run the corporation.

I happen to think Seun can be an asshole sometimes but for the purposes of this forum,he is the CEO and the board rolled into one.We are mere customers and customers of corporations don't get a vote on who runs the corporation or parts of it.A shareholder is not a synonym for a customer.

And Richy,we all know this is a red herring.The main problem is your Kobo obsession. grin
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Him:

if richyblack wants to be the politics thread moderator let him say so.

Nope, it's not about what RichyBlack wants. It's about democracy or the lack of it. We should have been given a chance to vote from a set of people appointed by Seun. This would be in line with the spirit of democracy we all so much cherish.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2008
Look, I already told you a long time ago, you have issues. I did not know that moderating Nairaland was through voting process. I mean if you have issues about this AS WELL, why not ask the Admin to help you out with that problem instead of taking your WHINE against me up to this level.  What is your problem with me in general?? I kill your brother or something?? Spill it out already and let us deal with this ONCE and for all. Don't you want to get this over with instead of going on and on like some nag Just as you doubt my gender, I do doubt you are actually a man yourself considering that you have been whining about me for months now like some scorned woman. Are you an ex galfriend of mine or something?
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Him1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Nope, it's not about what RichyBlack wants. It's about democracy or the lack of it. We should have been given a chance to vote from a set of people appointed by Seun. This would be in line with the spirit of democracy we all so much cherish.

In a one man business there is nothing like democracy. You have no right to demand for a democratic vote here if you're not paying taxes.
Do you put the number of children you will impose on the state to vote?
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Look, I already told you a long time ago, you have issues. I did not know that moderating Nairaland was through voting process. I mean if you have issues about this AS WELL, why not ask the Admin to help you out with that problem instead of taking your WHINE against me up to this level. What is your problem with me in general?? I kill your brother or something?? Spill it out already and let us deal with this ONCE and for all. Don't you want to get this over with instead of going on and on like some nag Just as you doubt my gender, I do doubt you are actually a man yourself considering that you have been whining about me for months now like some scorned woman. Are you an ex galfriend of mine or something?

Are you a lesbian? grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Well, even if I'm one, there's no way I'll date your type.

I have no beef with you. Don't mind 4 Play. He's the one tat likes talking trash about people. Though you also talk a lot of trash, I have no beef with you. I'm just convinced that if the position was decided by voting, there's no way you could have got it. You're very biased, anti-Black, too pro-West, anti-Nigeria, and anti-poor nations. You're also elitist and follow no consistent logic in your discourse.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Him:

In a one man business there is nothing like democracy. You have no right to demand for a democratic vote here if you're not paying taxes.
Do you put the number of children you will impose on the state to vote?

I disagree. Are you saying if the one-man introduces an element of democracy, in this case voting, then it ceases to be a one-man business?

This forum is equipped with a voting module. Why was that installed? Wasn't it for members to cast their vote on issues - important and otherwise?
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Are you a lesbian? grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Well, even if I'm one, there's no way I'll date your type.

I have no beef with you. Don't mind 4 Play. He's the one tat likes talking trash about people. Though you also talk a lot of trash, I have no beef with you. I'm just convinced that if the position was decided by voting, there's no way you could have got it. You're very biased, anti-Black, too pro-West, anti-Nigeria, and anti-poor nations. You're also elitist and follow no consistent logic in your discourse.

SO? Can I then take it that this is the end of this constant bickering from your side then If you notice, up to some minutes ago, I have not replied or posted anything about you or for you in here in over 4 months but I can pull up a log of all the posts that you have taken it on yourself to attack my person. It is almost as if you know me personally and this is you attacking me  in here without trying to deal with issues as they come. Do I take it that you are no longer going to continue with the WHINING against my person and what not ?? Do I take it that from now on you will look to minding your own life and focusing more on the topics and not my person which you have no clue of ??

If you wish to continue with the whines, I will just go back to ignoring you, nothing more but I just felt to help you out cause from my end, I see someone in need of help and I do wish I could help release you from this or something but I have to say i am powerless in that area, even as moderator.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

SO? Can I then take it that this is the end of this constant bickering from your side then If you notice, up to some minutes ago, I have not replied or posted anything about you or for you in here in over 4 months but I can pull up a log of all the posts that you have taken it on yourself to attack my person. It is almost as if you know me personally and this is you attacking me in here without trying to deal with issues as they come. Do I take it that you are no longer going to continue with the WHINING against my person and what not ?? Do I take it that from now on you will look to minding your own life and focusing more on the topics and not my person which you have no clue of ??

Well, as I said, I have no beef with you. However, if you don't change your ways, why do you expect me to change mine. This is a two-way street. If I make concessions you should be ready to make some too, otherwise the status quo holds. So, what concessions are you ready to make?
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by ono(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2008
I completely agree with Richie on this one. This is one of the most vibrant section of the Land, and a ''newcomer''  like Kobo cannot just come in here and Oga Seun will just lord him over us. Han han, this smacks of injustice of the highest order. We need to make input into who moderates us here.

And before you lot start dissing me, you should realise that I'm one of the few peeps here who is a law abiding ''citizen'' of the land. I have never been banned for anything!

So, Seun, please tell Kobo to step down until we decide who moderates us here. That's my take on this one.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by doyin13(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2008
@Richyblack. . .

Seriously dude. . . . . . . . .I mean seriously undecided
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Well, as I said, I have no beef with you. However, if you don't change your ways, why do you expect me to change mine. This is a two-way street. If I make concessions you should be ready to make some too, otherwise the status quo holds. So, what concessions are you ready to make?

I have never asked you to change your ways, heck I don't really care what you think or what ideologies you subscribe to. Fact is, I am only answering you cause now you are bickering about me being moderator and I feel to help you in anyway I can( which I seriously doubt). If you are afraid that I am going to delete your posts cause I do not share your views, you do not need to be. If you are afraid that I am going to send an email to everyone to avoid you, I will never do that.  I find it disturbing that you demand I change for you to be happier in here but I am sorry, my life is not based on your idea of me so I am sorry, I can not help you with your problems there.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2008
ono:

I completely agree with Richie on this one. This is one of the most vibrant section of the Land, and a ''newcomer'' like Kobo cannot just come in here and Oga Seun will just lord him over us. Han han, this smacks of injustice of the highest order. We need to make input into who moderates us here.

And before you lot start dissing me, you should realise that I'm one of the few peeps here who is a law abiding ''citizen'' of the land. I have never been banned for anything!

So, Seun, please tell Kobo to step down until we decide who moderates us here. That's my take on this one.

Ono,

Thank you. That's what I've been saying, and some are accusing me of targeting Kobojunkie. The politics section wants to vote for her moderator. Seun should consider this request because voting is an important democratic element.

I'm also one of the law abiding members and I've never been banned.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I have never asked you to change your ways, heck I don't really care what you think or what ideologies you subscribe to. Fact is, I am only answering you cause now you are bickering about me being moderator and I feel to help you in anyway I can( which I seriously doubt). If you are afraid that I am going to delete your posts cause I do not share your views, you do not need to be. If you are afraid that I am going to send an email to everyone to avoid you, I will never do that. I find it disturbing that you demand I change for you to be happier in here but I am sorry, my life is not based on your idea of me so I am sorry, I can not help you with your problems there.

Well, I asked for change on your part because you asked for change on my part. Let the status quo reign. I just wish the nearly 200,000 members on NL were given the opportunity (even if limited) to decide who their section moderators would be. I'll say it again, RichyBlack has no qualms with Kobojunkie. smiley
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2008
doyin13:

@Richyblack. . .

Seriously dude. . . . . . . . .I mean seriously undecided

doyin13,

What did I do? I just called for elections! When did that become a call to evil?
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by doyin13(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2008
I thought your topic was in jest when i first came across it. . . . .Now i am not so sure undecided
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Play(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2008
doyin13:

I thought your topic was in jest when i first came across it. . . . .Now i am not so sure undecided

If you had seen the way he was stalking Kobo before,you will know it was not in jest.

Kobo gets appointed as moderator,suddenly,he becomes a zealot for democracy.Kobo is not the first or sole moderator on NL.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Imani(f): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2008
I think Kobojunkie has done a good job so far and has been gracious too. He has been a "moderate moderator". If i don't follow the rules, i expect my posts to be deleted. Let us not always be in opposition to authority.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2008
4 Play:

If you had seen the way he was stalking Kobo before,you will know it was not in jest.

Kobo gets appointed as moderator,suddenly,he becomes a zealot for democracy.Kobo is not the first or sole moderator on Nairaland.

Though Kobojunkie and RichyBlack don't see eye to eye on almost every issue, this is not about Kobojunkie. Stop making it about her, please. She's our moderator and we have to accept that fact. All I'm saying is that an election would have resulted in a different person.
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2008
so I'm not the only one dissatisfied.
see my campaign grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-128242.0.html#msg2166065
Re: Democracy And Moderators On Nairaland by 4Play(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2008
nwando:

so I'm not the only dissatisfied.
see my campaign grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-128242.0.html#msg2166065

At least you dey talk your own,say you want become moderator.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Damn Am Out For A Year! / Please I Urgently Need The Map Of Uyo Metropolis Showing Their Streets / What Does Dis Mean (mama Gee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.