Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Had A Bitter Experience With Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Had A Bitter Experience With Nysc (991 Views)

My Bitter Experience With A Bus Driver And His Conductor In Jigawa State / My Experience With A Corper In Abuja / The Bitter Experience Of A Chemical Engineering Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had A Bitter Experience With Nysc by webcrawlla(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2008
Ask any Youth Corps Member if he would like to do the NYSC three weeks oriention course again, and am sure 90% would say NO!!!!

As a matter of fact, the scheme (NYSC) is absolutely a waste of time. You can imagine university graduates beign posted to "business centers" for their primary assignments.

This happened to me personally, and the 'madam' in that "glorified business center" was asking me if I wont feel too big to make photocopies for customer and to dust the office furniture when there's need for that. When indeed there's no one currently employed to do that. Invariably, I may have to be doing that permanently.

With the way tings are going, Barbers and Hairdressers will soon be requesting for corpers. And one of the several bad things with NYSC is that they wont ever find out who is making what request before they post people there.

Am sure am not the only one with this kind of experience, kindly share your experience here, so that prospective corp members will be aware of the challenges ahead, and they can really pray hard when its their time.
Re: I Had A Bitter Experience With Nysc by agatha2u: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2008
I want to know if June / July NYSC is real or rumor. Some are saying is real While some are saying is rumor please if u are sure is real tell me because i might likely join the June July set.

Thanks
Re: I Had A Bitter Experience With Nysc by segemafia(m): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2008
wao my brother ,i feel your pain am servin in Osun state and i was been posed to a local govt.office there,i will like to tell you the place is so dull and borin,i am at the admin and i dont get to really do anything tangible there.
Re: I Had A Bitter Experience With Nysc by segemafia(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2008
whatever

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Steam II Batch B Orientation Cancelled / Re Scanning Of Signature / How Reliable Is Working NYSC Posting To Preferred State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.