Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

With His 2:2, How Can He Become An Investment Banker? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / With His 2:2, How Can He Become An Investment Banker? (1410 Views)

Why You Should Not Be A Banker - A Bank's Stakeholder / How Does One Become An Investment Banker ? / Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management (intermediate 2) How To Pass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

With His 2:2, How Can He Become An Investment Banker? by Jarus(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2013
I graduated from the department of Economics, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), with Second Class lower (3.42/5.00), 2013. I got this as a result of my multi-tasking without proper planning as I started on a good ground; holding first class at my part 1.

I am presently in a state of dilemma because I have always wanted to be an investment banker and knowing that no IB will employ a Second Class Lower. Nevertheless, I am currently an ACCA student at the qualification stage; and also intend starting Masters in Finance (UNILAG) immediately after my NYSC service year; with a plan of enrolling for CFA during my course year as a Masters student ( perhaps some of the courses will be relevant for CFA); so I can leverage on the knowledge gained in school, tutorials and the likes.

Sir, I need you to scrutinise these plans, tell me where I have made wrong assumptions and the way forward as well as advise me.

Thank you for the good gesture, may the Lord reward you. I look forward to invaluable advice for the web/conglomerate of analysts (JAC).

PS: Those profile up there did not only inspire me but also intimidated me, sir; I must say, it instigated in me the desire to work hard/smart; sir!

See responses here:
http://jarushub.com/2013/05/08/with-my-22-how-can-i-break-into-investment-banking-industry/
Re: With His 2:2, How Can He Become An Investment Banker? by Beehappy: 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
A mad man hug me today,i was waitin 4 bus on the road,a mad man just came to my bk and hugd me when i turnd it was a mad man,am scared wat is the meaning of that,my aunt told me that if a mad man hugs u its means u hav a gud spirit and u hav gud luck! Pls comment
Re: With His 2:2, How Can He Become An Investment Banker? by sholay2011(m): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2013
Bee happy: A mad man hug me today,i was waitin 4 bus on the road,a mad man just came to my bk and hugd me when i turnd it was a mad man,am scared wat is the meaning of that,my aunt told me that if a mad man hugs u its means u hav a gud spirit and u hav gud luck! Pls comment
Why don't you open a new thread for your hilarious experience? Or does Jarus also know about "madman-hugging"? undecided I am curious.

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Primavera P6 Project Management Training / CCTV Operators Let's Meet Here. / See What JCIN Eksu Did To An Orphanage Home (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.