Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com (846 Views)

Adsense Approved. I Still Have Some Questions. Please Help / Some Questions About Blogging... / 8 Questions For The Constantly Up Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 10:15am On May 09, 2013
When I have time, I might post for other sites. For now, it's sunnewsonline.com, he he

1) Why did you go for the new layout where everything on page is blindingly large? I thought it had to do with responsive web design but when I resized my screen, the site didn't "respond"

2) Have you bothered looking at your site on a mobile device? I just did, again because of my assumptions in #1 above and it is not pretty.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by 3RNEST(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
When I have time, I might post for other sites. For now, it's sunnewsonline.com, he he

1) Why did you go for the new layout where everything on page is blindingly large? I thought it had to do with responsive web design but when I resized my screen, the site didn't "respond"

2) Have you bothered looking at your site on a mobile device? I just did, again because of my assumptions in #1 above and it is not pretty.
You need panadol xtra!! wetin concern you?
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 12:20pm On May 10, 2013
^^^ My eyes and my blood pressure o! Generally speaking, we as Nigerians are so used to sub-par work that we are willing to accept just about anything. I am not one of those folks though. There are way too many other credible online nigerian papers these days. The problem is that I have been visiting them every day since 2007 or so, so cutting them loose will be a bit of a problem.

On the other hand, they should be happy that someone is willing to critique their site for free. I mean, if I wanted to advertise on their site, I bet you they wouldn't give me the space for free.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by greenmouse(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2013
I think this review should be directed to the webmaster of Sun Newspapers.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 3:55pm On May 10, 2013
^^^ From experience, I can authoritatively state that many of those webmasters (and/or friends thereof) are on here, either as active participants or Read-Only mode.

Don't worry bros, the message will get to them, if not already. The important part though is, as it applies to your websites that I critique, if they will actually implement the suggestions wink
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 10, 2013
^^i think what is woth doing is what doing well. sorry for derailing. Av bin searching for a reputable web design/development institute in abeokuta/lagos. Can u suggest one dat u know of dat will giv me value 4 money and mentoring after the training?
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 10, 2013
it is not a MUST to make a site RESPONSIVE

most internet giant are not RESPONSIVE either

www.facebook.com, www.yahoo.com e.t.c

if they don't have a mobile compatible version of their site, then i think they have to work on that.

DAZ ALL.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by 3RNEST(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2013
ActiveMan: it is not a MUST to make a site RESPONSIVE

most internet giant are not RESPONSIVE either

www.facebook.com, www.yahoo.com e.t.c

if they don't have a mobile compatible version of their site, then i think they have to work on that.

DAZ ALL.
well said, thank you...........thread close, yawatide go create ur newspapper website make we see... grin
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 7:10pm On May 10, 2013
3RNEST, ActiveMan and others thinking alike:

1) I in no way said the site should be responsive. All I said was that if you look at the desktop version, it stretches across the screen and is hard on the eyes, which would imply images are set at 100%, which would again imply a responsive site. Though building a responsive site is highly recommended, it isn't by force. Please read my posts again, learn from them and don't just read them to get an "I don get am" moment.

2) Just because facebook and yahoo aren't responsive, doesn't mean that yours shouldn't be. For all we know, they may be developing one as we speak. Don't be a member of "what google, facebook and the like do is what i will do, because they are gods". Develop your own unique product, stand out and don't just be a casual observer.

3) I actually have an online newspaper website but guess what? I won't be advertising it here. You wan make dem ban me? tongue

1 Like

Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 10, 2013
bheegsam: ^^i think what is woth doing is what doing well. sorry for derailing. Av bin searching for a reputable web design/development institute in abeokuta/lagos. Can u suggest one dat u know of dat will giv me value 4 money and mentoring after the training?
pls help me out!
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 7:29pm On May 10, 2013
Sorry, amidst the loud noise, I overlooked your post.

I am not in Lagos or Abeokuta. Having said that, I know a guy who might be willing to help you in Lagos. If you reply to this, I will see if he is available.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 10, 2013
Am interested.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 10, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Sorry, amidst the loud noise, I overlooked your post.

I am not in Lagos or Abeokuta. Having said that, I know a guy who might be willing to help you in Lagos. If you reply to this, I will see if he is available.
am interested. Thanks in advance
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 8:35pm On May 10, 2013
^^^ This is direct quote:
"...there is no time to train, but I wish I could. But let him holla me all the same. I may spare some time to put him thru on basics......."

Send me an email to yawatide@yahoo.com and I will send you his contact details. I figure half a loaf (of training) is better than none. You can then use the little that you learn to learn even more.

As I await your email, good luck and let me know how it goes.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 10, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
3RNEST, ActiveMan and others thinking alike:

1) I in no way said the site should be responsive. All I said was that if you look at the desktop version, it stretches across the screen and is hard on the eyes, which would imply images are set at 100%, which would again imply a responsive site. Though building a responsive site is highly recommended, it isn't by force. Please read my posts again, learn from them and don't just read them to get an "I don get am" moment.

2) Just because facebook and yahoo aren't responsive, doesn't mean that yours shouldn't be. For all we know, they may be developing one as we speak. Don't be a member of "what google, facebook and the like do is what i will do, because they are gods". Develop your own unique product, stand out and don't just be a casual observer.

3) I actually have an online newspaper website but guess what? I won't be advertising it here. You wan make dem ban me? tongue

Responsive web design is about a lot more than the size of your screen, i remember those years i will be designing website just for it to validate on http://validator.w3.org/ but i came to realize that A validator is a software program(WRITTEN BY SOME COMPANY) that can check your web pages against the web standards.

@yawa-ti-de you have 100% right to your opinion and i am not insisting that everyone should design their website like facebook or yahoo. RESPONSIVE is a way of developing your website and you can decide to use it or not, it is not the core fundamental of web designing.
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 10, 2013
yawa-ti-de:

Send me an email to yawatide@yahoo.com
As I await your email, good luck and let me know how it goes.
i've sent an email to u(sam7t7@gmail.com)
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by yawatide(f): 9:28pm On May 10, 2013
ActiveMan:
and who said it is "the core fundamental of web designing."? Definitely not me. Again, read (and understand) my posts.

bheegsam:
I have replied to your email and copied my friend as well.

Good luck!
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by Nobody: 2:32am On May 11, 2013
^^thanks,ma'am
Re: Some Questions For Sunnewonline.com by 3RNEST(m): 6:53pm On May 13, 2013
@op your thread dey smell tongue

(1) (Reply)

How To Make $800 Like Me Per Month By Just Written Articles / How To Embed Facebook Comment Box In Your Blog Or Website With Ease / Personal Bulksms Portal Set Up, Buy And Send Cheap Bulk Sms Message In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.