Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,144 members, 7,829,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS (29251 Views)

I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / Download Talking Tom For Nokia Asha 206 301 305 308 306 311 501 / How To Download On Nokia Asha Smartphones(asha500,501,502,503) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Ochek: 6:35pm On May 09, 2013
lord.spiritual:

not everyone wants to use a chinese phone...

Make pant still the year you na. You have any idea about where Samsung is produced? Hahahaha... Just making those noise cos you ain't got any info about what you calling a china phone.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2013
ZUBY77: 2G crap... Nokia should wake up. What is the big deal in making it 3G.

Tecno N3 is better anyday
bush man! And wo says nokia dnt do 3g phone?
Even older series of N and E series are 3Gs!
That is jes an option.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by pacioti: 7:25pm On May 09, 2013
django1: But seriously I can't drop blackberry for any of this shyte!

How much data plan I wan dey buy within a month?
are you a leaner? am stil rockin my n3 wit mtn bis,jux finish watchin bbc news on sybla tv *Android rocks* if not for tecno ...
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Aphrygian(m): 7:27pm On May 09, 2013
fank God for u guys,ah don sell my BB shap shap

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by ZUBY77(m): 7:44pm On May 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: bush man! And wo says nokia dnt do 3g phone?
Even older series of N and E series are 3Gs!
That is jes an option.

Bush woman, nokia asha 501 has only 2G
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by ibietela2(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2013
[size=38pt]2g in 2013?[/size] Thank God for Tecno, Nokia can go back to 1990.just waiting for the new tecno phone running the Badt boi JELLYBEAN
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Youngpo413: 7:55pm On May 09, 2013
Nokia will still be nokia,no matter what,strong and reliable with good battery backup.
Tecno has really tried alot,so both companies are doing a good job,instead let's team up and condemn blackberry.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 09, 2013
lord.spiritual:

Hahahah..... So Nokia was manufactured in jupiter rite?
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by raski04(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2013
gen2briz: Thank God for tecno,nokia would have limit some people to java phones.....can't they wake up for once,people are shouting android they keep shouting asha. asha ko parrot ni
. u are funny oooo (u said asha ko parrot ni ) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Marineetyon(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2013
lord.spiritual:

haha...not even china phone but chinese phone...abi na chinese dem dey talk for the phone?
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 09, 2013
It's not a viable option until they produce versions that re 3G enabled..bt i beleive its a good development..just hope it won't be overpriced though.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Ayor93(m): 8:46pm On May 09, 2013
emmysenior: Touch screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still prefer phones with keypads any day.
Same as me..phuck touchscreen
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by tolsmile(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2013
gen2briz: Thank God for tecno,nokia would have limit some people to java phones.....can't they wake up for once,people are shouting android they keep shouting asha. asha ko parrot ni
Asha na yeye phone made by nokia 4 d less priviledge. I ve one bt don't really enjoy it. 2g again! Y nt all necessary feacture in one? Weda 500 or 1000 so far is asha i dnt want dat.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by tolsmile(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2013
Gerardcole: Stephen Elop just announced the new Nokia Asha 501 on the stage of the Nokia press in India. It’s the first product of the new generation Ashas with a brand new platform. The design is inspired by Lumia and Nokia picked red as the signature color.
The new Asha platform is based on the SmarterPhone acquisition Nokia made a few years ago. The new interface focuses on swipe events and a new feature called Fastlane.

The Nokia Asha 501 is made of only two parts to make it more durable and cheaper to manufacture. The back is removable to access the microSIM, the pre-installed 4GB microSD card (up to 32GB supported) and the battery.
The phone packs a 3" QVGA capacitive touchscreen on the front (133ppi), it supports two finger multitouch. On the back, there's 3.2MP fixed-focus camera.

The new Asha platform is a grandchild of the MeeGo OS. The phone wakes up with a double tap. It features two home screens - one is Fastlane, the other one is the app drawer.

Fastlane promises to show your present and your past. Present includes currently running apps (yes, multitasking, hell froze over), while Past shows messages and other notifications you’ve received.

The Nokia Asha 501 focuses on 2G connectivity as large parts of emerging markets still rely on the slow mobile Internet. There are two apps to help with that - the Xpress browser compresses traffic and Xpress Now that recommends content based location, preferences and trending topics. Also, a partnership with Facebook and Airtel (Not Nigeria) ensures people can access the social network for free, even without a data plan (this will be for a limited time only).

The Nokia Asha 501 features Wi-Fi connectivity for faster local data transfers, plus Bluetooth 3.0 and microUSB 2.0. 3G-enabled Asha 5xx phones will launch later.

The new Nokia Asha OS will be a very social platform with Facebook, Foursquare, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube and more available out of box.

There's going to be a dual-SIM version too. The second SIM card is exchangeable without having to remove the battery, a feature Nokia was keen to point out is unique to them.

The Nokia Asha 501 measures 99.2 x 58 x 12.1mm and weighs 98g.

The new Asha platform promises to be very efficient - the 1,200mAh battery in the Asha 501 is enough for up to 17 hours of talk time and 48 days of standby (26 days for the dual-SIM).

The Nokia Asha 501 will start shipping in June in 90 countries on 60 operators. It will cost $99 before taxes and subsidies for the single-SIM version.

- GSMArena.com

Read specifications:- http://www.naijatech.com/phones/nokia-asha-501-specifications-and-price
nt advisable 2 go 4 dis
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by rezzy: 9:09pm On May 09, 2013
ichidodo: As for me and my household, we shall always abide by TECNO

So be it. Amen and amen
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Kizyte(m): 9:18pm On May 09, 2013
I used to be a Nokia fan, but thank God for saving me from Nokia bondage.

TECNO FOR LIFE!
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by samilo88(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2013
Rubbish phone. Nokia had better swallowed their pride and start producing android phones if they still want to stay in business. As for me I dey rock my Tecno N3. No more rip off from all this phone makers. My blackberry has been gathering lots of dust since my tecno N3 came on board.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by ndigbo: 10:01pm On May 09, 2013
pacioti: are you a leaner? am stil rockin my n3 wit mtn bis,jux finish watchin bbc news on sybla tv *Android rocks* if not for tecno ...

my man, can you please put me through this your mtn stuff.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by lordspiritual(m): 10:15pm On May 09, 2013
Ochek:

Make pant still the year you na. You have any idea about where Samsung is produced? Hahahaha... Just making those noise cos you ain't got any info about what you calling a china phone.
just so you know samsung is KOREAN...and yes i own a samsung galaxy tab 2.....so i damn know what im talking about....
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by pacioti: 10:34pm On May 09, 2013
ndigbo:

my man, can you please put me through this your mtn stuff.
go to phone section search carefully cos we wanna keep it low NTBB.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by ibietela2(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2013
lord.spiritual:

just so you know samsung is KOREAN...and yes i own a samsung galaxy tab 2.....so i damn know what im talking about....

Htc nko?? Na naiji abi, come to think of it china and the 2 Korea combined who is better??
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by yinka2011: 11:34pm On May 09, 2013
I've been using iPhone for a while and before this I was using blackberry. But recently I saw my friends Nokia lumia 920 and I thought it was wonderful. Nokia have thousands of apps now and lumia's are simply amazing. It's windows so I can use excel word PowerPoint on the go.

Even the lumia 520 is simply amazing given its price.

And they recently drove a truck over a lumia and the phone did not even scratch.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Chartey(m): 12:05am On May 10, 2013

Kai! Some people are just too out of touch with the present. Still on the blackberry data excuse? No fall my hand abeg. Btw, i'm not saying u should buy Asha o.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Chartey(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2013
lord.spiritual:

But the Korean(Samsung) and Taiwanese(HTC) are leading even in Europe and America. Even the Nokia fones are made in China these days.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Chartey(m): 12:11am On May 10, 2013
Young po413: Nokia will still be nokia,no matter what,strong and reliable with good battery backup.
Tecno has really tried alot,so both companies are doing a good job,instead let's team up and condemn blackberry.
Make Nokia do Android now, then u can come and show me how long the battery will last.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Chartey(m): 12:14am On May 10, 2013
yinka2011: I've been using iPhone for a while and before this I was using blackberry. But recently I saw my friends Nokia lumia 920 and I thought it was wonderful. Nokia have thousands of apps now and lumia's are simply amazing. It's windows so I can use excel word PowerPoint on the go.

Even the lumia 520 is simply amazing given its price.

And they recently drove a truck over a lumia and the phone did not even scratch.
Yeah, true. But the Lumia fones are expensive. U can get far better value for money with other brands. Besides, android still leads in app variety.
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by fabby26(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2013
Am just in love with my Nokia lumia phone, gives me the benefit if a full browsing experience just like a pocket-friendly tablet or pc,especially its Microsoft office share documents wit ppt, excel, and pdf functionality, means you're never away from office. Nokia is the bomb. BlackBerry, Samsung galaxy can never beat Nokia in terms of battery strength.Period. Case closed
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Dandy1(m): 1:16am On May 10, 2013
Kizyte: I used to be a Nokia fan, but thank God for saving me from Nokia bondage.

TECNO FOR LIFE!

Most contributors on this thread reek of ignorance. Someone earlier said instead of producing Android based phones,Nokia is producing Asha. FYI, Nokia high end phones now run on the windows phone 8 OS/platform.The Asha line of products are mostly made for the budget restrained/developing economies in Africa.Most of which are ignoramus who know less about phone tech.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 2:41am On May 10, 2013
ebgbest: asha wat!!! Try techno N7 for just 29k,daul sim android+galaxy built in one
i hate phone ilitrates!!!! Urghhhh
Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 4:45am On May 10, 2013

Dude its not the blackberry you cant drop,but the cheap INTERNET...but don't you know mtn and airtel bis work on all Tecno android phones? and whatsapp is waaayyyyyyyy bigger globally than bbm? think smart bruv undecided

1 Like

Re: Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS by Nobody: 4:48am On May 10, 2013
Dandy.:

Most contributors on this thread reek of ignorance. Someone earlier said instead of producing Android based phones,Nokia is producing Asha. FYI, Nokia high end phones now run on the windows phone 8 OS/platform.The Asha line of products are mostly made for the budget restrained/developing economies in Africa.Most of which are ignoramus who know less about phone tech.
dude shut the hell up!!! All the Nokia Windows Phone 7.5 and 8 failed terribly, poor sales, and high return rate. Nokia are sinking fast in the smart phone industry globally this asha OS is a last ditch attempt to regain already lost foot hold in emerging markets but believe you me when I say this asha OS wont make a dent in Android or IOS sales

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery / Which Browser Is Better Than UC Browser? / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.