Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 (7420 Views)

Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega / Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Trustgt(m): 12:35am On May 10, 2013
Good news, let me go and acquire more landed properties in Lekki axis, that is where the development is moving to (free trade zone, new air port, more resorts etc). Come and invest now.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by smoothcrim2014: 2:33am On May 10, 2013
rosebowl01: Wrong! According to CIAFactbook, Ghana's GDP (OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATE) is $40.2 Billion. Lagos' GDP after it is rebased is projected to be more than that of Ghana's entire economy. If Lagos' GDP in terms of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) is considered, then it is more than Ghana's $83 Billion.
Mind you, Ghana's GDP is already rebased/revised upwards. Nigeria has not done that yet.

If you believe Lagos has a bigger economy than Ghana you are a joker. According to this false Data Lagos has a bigger economy than Johannesburg and all South African cities. Lastly Lagos GDP PPP would not be higher than Ghana due to inflation.

In reality your statement may or may not be true but if it is it is a sign of bad governance due to not spreading the wealth.

By the way Bejing a city in China has a bigger economy than Nigeria under the analysis you are doing!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing

Such analysis is false and often a joke to try to even do because it does not tell the real story which is one of poor wealth distribution especially in the context of a developing country like Nigeria where wealth is concentrated in certain areas and others are left in misery!.

Los Angeles a city in the California USA has an economy twice the size of Nigeria!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles#Economy
grin

This is a city within only one state in the USA.

Mexico city(one city in Mexico) has a bigger economy than Nigeria!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City#Economy
Sao Paulo Brazil a simple city in Brazil has an economy bigger than all of Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Paulo#Economy

Moscow has a bigger economy than Nigeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow#Economy

London has an economy almost 3 times the size of Nigeria's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London#Economy

What I am teaching you here is how to make sensible statements.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by rosebowl01(m): 3:16am On May 10, 2013
I don't understand why you're trying to make a very simple issue so unnecessarily complicated. You made a false claim and I countered it with facts, then you resorted to insult. Clearly, your parents did a very poor job raising you.
By the way, all those cities that you listed are the top economic centers on this planet. Individually they have bigger GDP than most countries, even in the developed world.
Just wondering, in your analysis, why don't you compare any of these cities with your "Ghana" and let's see how you fare? Or have you finally accepted the fact that your situation is a hopeless one?

smoothcrim2014:

If you believe Lagos has a bigger economy than Ghana you are a joker. According to this false Data Lagos has a bigger economy than Johannesburg and all South African cities. Lastly Lagos GDP PPP would not be higher than Ghana due to inflation.

In reality your statement may or may not be true but if it is it is a sign of bad governance due to not spreading the wealth.

By the way Bejing a city in China has a bigger economy than Nigeria under the analysis you are doing!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing

Such analysis is false and often a joke to try to even do because it does not tell the real story which is one of poor wealth distribution especially in the context of a developing country like Nigeria where wealth is concentrated in certain areas and others are left in misery!.

Los Angeles a city in the California USA has an economy twice the size of Nigeria!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles#Economy
grin

This is a city within only one state in the USA.

Mexico city(one city in Mexico) has a bigger economy than Nigeria!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City#Economy
Sao Paulo Brazil a simple city in Brazil has an economy bigger than all of Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Paulo#Economy

Moscow has a bigger economy than Nigeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow#Economy

What I am teaching you here is how to make sensible statements.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by smoothcrim2014: 3:39am On May 10, 2013
I just humiliated you and now you are insulting.

Mexico, and Russia are top economies? Brazil is a top economy?

Are you joking! I just humiliated you and showed your analysis is flawed. Nigeria has 7 times the population of Ghana and is an OPEC oil producing country. Lagos economy is a reflection of post colonial pouring of all resources into Lagos. It cannot and should not be compared to Ghana in anyway. It is a result of a skewed development paradigm which has left much of Northern Nigeria an uninhabitable area of massive poverty.

Ghana is not only better than Lagos but all of Nigera...

[b]Today Ghana is the fourth most stable and most prosperous nation in Africa as of 2012, a recognized regional power, regional hegemony, an approaching middle power, and an emerging economy.] It leads African nations in human development, technology, health care, competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, press freedom, state of peace, economic freedom, low perception of corruption, and the world in real GDP growth. It also ranks highly in Africa on the sustainability of the state, and number one in Africa on democratic development.

Ghana is the first to second largest producer of cocoa in the world, and the eighth largest producer of gold and gold bars in the world. Ghana is also a crude oil and natural gas producer; producing 300 million barrels of crude oil and 200 million cubic feet of natural gas per day as of May 2013. Ghana is a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement, an observer of the Organization of American States, and a current participator of the United Nations.[/b]

What does Lagos produce to merit it being compared to a country like this? NOTHING. Lagos is a result of historically sucking wealth from other regions, especially oil producing areas, to build Lagos up!

How dare you compare Lagos to a state like GLORIOUS GGhana. Only an illiterate would do that. Learn to think like a learned man son. wink
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ektbear: 5:22am On May 10, 2013
Trustgt: Good news, let me go and acquire more landed properties in Lekki axis, that is where the development is moving to (free trade zone, new air port, more resorts etc). Come and invest now.

Bros, is it mouth alone which you will use to acquire landed property?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by oilyngbati1: 5:33am On May 10, 2013
ekt_bear:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Rhino5dm: 5:46am On May 10, 2013
ekt_bear:

This is nairaland bro, where every squirrel claims to be a millionaire. That was how someone led me to the Facebook account of the guy with Billyonaire moniker, a guy that can't even afford to buy 2 dollar t-shirts, that haven't seen or know how the interior of an aircraft looks like claiming to have properties in Victoria Island. You just have to pity some people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ba7man(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

This is nairaland bro, where every squirrel claims to be a millionaire. That was how someone led me to the Facebook account of the guy with Billyonaire moniker, a guy that can't even afford to buy 2 dollar t-shirts, that haven't seen or know how the interior of an aircraft looks like claiming to have properties in Victoria Island. You just have to pity some people.
I'v always suspected that dude. Real rich people don't announce it to the world the way he does. Our very own Virtual/online Billionaire.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Rhino5dm: 10:51am On May 10, 2013
ba7man: I'v always suspected that dude. Real rich people don't announce it to the world the way he does. Our very own Virtual/online Billionaire.

I have no business sharing his information or posting it here. But men, I almost lost interest in nairaland after previewing his Facebook page. I can swear with everything that he hasn't touched 100k in his whole life.

Let me said it again, he can't even afford proper Aba made t-shirts.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I have no business sharing his information or posting it here. But men, I almost lost interest in nairaland after previewing his Facebook page. I can swear with everything that he hasn't touched 100k in his whole life.

LMAO! Sweetheart please don't kill me with laughter! grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 11:16am On May 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by solomon111(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2013
ayswags: what did fg do
what did the FG do?
Are you kidding me?
More than 70% of the investments in lagos were brought by the FG economic team.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Rhino5dm: 12:07pm On May 10, 2013
berem: LMAO! Sweetheart please don't kill me with laughter! grin

Abi na lie I lie?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Abi na lie I lie?
You no lie at all! wink
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by AjanleKoko: 12:41pm On May 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

That's harsh man embarassed

Allow the guy the freedom to create any persona he so desires. This is a nameless faceless forum you know undecided
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by AjanleKoko: 12:44pm On May 10, 2013
smoothcrim2014:
How dare you compare Lagos to a state like GLORIOUS GGhana. Only an illiterate would do that. Learn to think like a learned man son. wink

Ghana sha . . . small and paranoid country grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by solomon111(m): 2:41pm On May 10, 2013
smoothcrim2014: I just humiliated you and now you are insulting.

Are you joking! I just humiliated you and showed your analysis is flawed. Nigeria has 7 times the population of Ghana and is an OPEC oil producing country. Lagos economy is a reflection of post colonial pouring of all resources into Lagos. It cannot and should not be compared to Ghana in anyway. It is a result of a skewed development paradigm which has left much of Northern Nigeria an uninhabitable area of massive poverty.

[b]Today Ghana is the fourth most stable and most prosperous nation in Africa as of 2012, a recognized regional power, regional hegemony, an approaching middle power, and an emerging economy.] It leads African nations in human development, technology, health care, competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, press freedom, state of peace, economic freedom, low perception of corruption, and the world in real GDP growth. It also ranks highly in Africa on the sustainability of the state, and number one in Africa on democratic development.

Ghana is the first to second largest producer of cocoa in the world, and the eighth largest producer of gold and gold bars in the world. Ghana is also a crude oil and natural gas producer; producing 300 million barrels of crude oil and 200 million cubic feet of natural gas per day as of May 2013. Ghana is a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement, an observer of the Organization of American States, and a current participator of the United Nations.[/b]

What does Lagos produce to merit it being compared to a country like this? NOTHING. Lagos is a result of historically sucking wealth from other regions, especially oil producing areas, to build Lagos up!

Ghana better than Nigeria?
Are you kidding me?
Have you been to Nigeria before?
Cos i have been to ghana before and there was Nothing there to really impress me.
Nigeria floors ghana in most indices of devt,especially infrastructure.
The North have been inhabitable for YEARS?
Do you even know what you are saying?
The North has some of Nigeria's best states with basic infrastructures and very low cost of living.
Infact,the north has the highest population of Nigerians,though very recently, a few states there have security issues.
I agree with you though, that lagos was build with resources from the oil-producing states and even the north during the colonial era.
Most of your write-up about Nigeria is very untrue,get facts next-time.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by smoothcrim2014: 5:10pm On May 10, 2013
solomon111: Ghana better than Nigeria?
Are you kidding me?
Have you been to Nigeria before?
Cos i have been to ghana before and there was Nothing there to really impress me.
Nigeria floors ghana in most indices of devt,especially infrastructure.
The North have been inhabitable for YEARS?
Do you even know what you are saying?
The North has some of Nigeria's best states with basic infrastructures and very low cost of living.
Infact,the north has the highest population of Nigerians,though very recently, a few states there have security issues.
I agree with you though, that lagos was build with resources from the oil-producing states and even the north during the colonial era.
Most of your write-up about Nigeria is very untrue,get facts next-time.

Yes Ghana is better than Nigeria. Not having Al Qaeda in your country starts you out with 5 points out of the 10!! Either way agreeing with me shows you are not an illiterate. I hope to never hear a person say that comment again. I have never heard a Ghanaian say Accra has a bigger economy than Liberia and Sierra Leone combined even though its true because Ghanaians are actually smart and know a lot of resources have been pushed to Accra!!
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by RickyRoss1(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2013
smoothcrim2014: I just humiliated you and now you are insulting.

How dare you compare Lagos to a state like GLORIOUS Ghana. Only an illiterate would do that. Learn to think like a learned man son. wink

Bro this is Nigerian matter so take your hatred and ignorance elsewhere. If the news is too painful for you go hug a transformer. Whether the news is good or not is not your business. If we concentrate all the wealth of Nigeria in Lagos then how does that concern you? What about Abuja, Kano, Enugu etc? Have you ever been to Nigeria before? Why do you gloat anytime you hear positive news coming from Nigeria? If you think too much federal money is being poured into Lagos what are you going to say when you enter Abuja?

As you rightly stated, Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world, and the eighth largest producer of gold and gold bars in the world. Ghana is also a crude oil and natural gas producer; producing 300 million barrels of crude oil and 200 million cubic feet of natural gas per day as of May 2013. What has Ghana done with all those massive wealth? NOTHING. With all those wealth Ghana CANNOT build even a highway, the few highways they have in Ghana were built by AMERICA via Millennium Challenge Account. With all the massive wealth Ghana still have thousands of schools under trees till date. I have been to all gold producing regions of Ghana and discovered they are abandoned like the Niger Delta people. There are no roads there to start with, not to talk of water or anything else. But these guys will come online and talk as if their house is in order.

BROS YOU SAID GHANA leads African nations in human development, technology, health care, competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, press freedom, state of peace, economic freedom, low perception of corruption, and the world in real GDP growth. It also ranks highly in Africa on the sustainability of the state, and number one in Africa on democratic development. Hahaha are you kidding me?

HEALTHCARE: IS this a joke or what? Ghana does not have any health sector to start with. Ghana's health sector is ranked 2nd most corrupt in Africa:
http://elections.peacefmonline.com/politics/201110/72817.php?storyid=100&

http://ww.w.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2998%3Aghanas-health-sector-ranked-2nd-most-corrupt-in-africa&Itemid=29

For over 1 month now Ghanaian doctors are on strike.
Ghana claims to have national health insurance yet the card is useless because no hospital is accepting it. including Korlebu which is the biggest government hospital in Ghana: http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=254750

http://amandlanews.com/2013/03/24/the-national-health-insurance-scheme-to-be-or-not-to-be-an-open-letter-to-the-president-of-the-republic-of-ghana/
The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

CORRUPTION: You said Ghana has low perception of corruption? Are you kidding me? Ghana is the second most corrupt country in west Africa. Ghana is now the scam capital of the world. Just few months ago your own IG of police collaborated with ghana gold scammers to steal 8 million dollars from some Turkish mugu, the IG was paid 1 million USD to allow scammers load FAKE GOLD into the private jet the mugu came to carry the purported gold.
Last year your own Kweku Adoboli was arrested for 1 billion dollar fraud at UBS.
Just last week Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com)
You said you are not corrupt but where is Ghana Airways? Was it not corruption that killed it? It is the same corruption that is crippling Tema Oil Refinery which is always shut down for maintenance like Nigerian refineries and this TOR is always producing below 40% all bc of corruption.
If you say you are not corrupt oya type SAKAWA for Google search and tell me the result? Bros, abeg no wash your dirty linen in public. I married from Ghana and know Ghana inside out.

SECURITY: Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo so you are not safe. Northern region of Ghana is like a war zone and god forsaken place, I have been Tamale so I know.
In Ghana I know at least 5 taxi drivers that do not operate in the night bc of fear of armed robbers snatching their cars from them. Ofcourse I know 2 Ghana taxi that lost their cars to armed robbers. There are many parts of Accra taxi drivers dont dare penetrate after 8pm. In Ghana anyone with power-bike is a suspect bc that is what ghana robbers use to rob. I was in Ghana when the police were arresting any young boy they see on power bike.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE. Nigerian soldiers manufacture so many of their arms. Our Navy just launched one of the vessels they manufactured.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Most ATM Cards in Ghana carry INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging and corruption. THE OPPOSITION PARTY DID NOT ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT TILL DATE, THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY CHALLENGING THE PRESIDENT IN COURT. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image globally. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by RickyRoss1(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Yes Ghana is better than Nigeria. Not having Al Qaeda in your country starts you out with 5 points out of the 10!! Either way agreeing with me shows you are not an illiterate. I hope to never hear a person say that comment again. I have never heard a Ghanaian say Accra has a bigger economy than Liberia and Sierra Leone combined even though its true because Ghanaians are actually smart and know a lot of resources have been pushed to Accra!!

Guy why you nor dey shame, abi you want make I disgrace you? I see the way you are ranting and even calling the other guy illiterate simply because he does not agree with your views? It is mostly half backed illiterates that resort to name calling for no reason.

Now back to topic, presently Black Americans are rated as the 18th largest economy in the world. By the year 2015, African-Americans will be spending $1.1 trillion a year on products and services. This consumer spending would rank “African-American Consumers” as the 16th largest country in the world. Collectively this consumer spending exceeds the gross domestic production of Egypt, Turkey, Poland, Australia, Taiwan and more than 150 other nations of the world' FACT... http://www.blackeconomicdevelopment.com/nielsen-african-american-consumers-rank-as-worlds-16th-largest-country/

Ghana needs to catch up with Ivory Coast first. You clearly stated all the natural resources of Ghana, Ivory Coast does not have any natural resources, cocoa is their major export yet Ivory Coast is at least 2 times more developed than Ghana. Ivory Coast has 2 standard well developed cities but Ghana does not even have one. Accra is all that Ghana has got yet it is a huge slum with no single world class infrastructure. I have met many Ghanians in Abidjan and they know this to be true.

So in West Africa, Ghana needs to catch up with Senegal and Ivory Coast that has the same population sizes with it.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by smoothcrim2014: 9:38pm On May 10, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

Guy why you nor dey shame, abi you want make I disgrace you? I see the way you are ranting and even calling the other guy illiterate simply because he does not agree with your views? It is mostly half backed illiterates that resort to name calling for no reason.

Now back to topic, presently Black Americans are rated as the 18th largest economy in the world. By the year 2015, African-Americans will be spending $1.1 trillion a year on products and services. This consumer spending would rank “African-American Consumers” as the 16th largest country in the world. Collectively this consumer spending exceeds the gross domestic production of Egypt, Turkey, Poland, Australia, Taiwan and more than 150 other nations of the world' FACT... http://www.blackeconomicdevelopment.com/nielsen-african-american-consumers-rank-as-worlds-16th-largest-country/

Ghana needs to catch up with Ivory Coast first. You clearly stated all the natural resources of Ghana, Ivory Coast does not have any natural resources, cocoa is their major export yet Ivory Coast is at least 2 times more developed than Ghana. Ivory Coast has 2 standard well developed cities but Ghana does not even have one. Accra is all that Ghana has got yet it is a huge slum with no single world class infrastructure. I have met many Ghanians in Abidjan and they know this to be true.

So in West Africa, Ghana needs to catch up with Senegal and Ivory Coast that has the same population sizes with it.

Worry about Nigeria. Ghana is the best country in West Africa!
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 10, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

Damn, you murdered the poor little Ghanian grin grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 10, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Worry about Nigeria. Ghana is the best country in West Africa!

But you started it first, nobody invited you before you start to talk ill of year big brother Nigeria. Now, someone opened yor yansh and you telling him to worry about his country grin grin typical ghanian grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by phantom(m): 10:51pm On May 10, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

Bro this is Nigerian matter so take your hatred and ignorance elsewhere. If the news is too painful for you go hug a transformer. Whether the news is good or not is not your business. If we concentrate all the wealth of Nigeria in Lagos then how does that concern you? What about Abuja, Kano, Enugu etc? Have you ever been to Nigeria before? Why do you gloat anytime you hear positive news coming from Nigeria? If you think too much federal money is being poured into Lagos what are you going to say when you enter Abuja?

As you rightly stated, Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world, and the eighth largest producer of gold and gold bars in the world. Ghana is also a crude oil and natural gas producer; producing 300 million barrels of crude oil and 200 million cubic feet of natural gas per day as of May 2013. What has Ghana done with all those massive wealth? NOTHING. With all those wealth Ghana CANNOT build even a highway, the few highways they have in Ghana were built by AMERICA via Millennium Challenge Account. With all the massive wealth Ghana still have thousands of schools under trees till date. I have been to all gold producing regions of Ghana and discovered they are abandoned like the Niger Delta people. There are no roads there to start with, not to talk of water or anything else. But these guys will come online and talk as if their house is in order.

BROS YOU SAID GHANA leads African nations in human development, technology, health care, competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, press freedom, state of peace, economic freedom, low perception of corruption, and the world in real GDP growth. It also ranks highly in Africa on the sustainability of the state, and number one in Africa on democratic development. Hahaha are you kidding me?

HEALTHCARE: IS this a joke or what? Ghana does not have any health sector to start with. Ghana's health sector is ranked 2nd most corrupt in Africa:
http://elections.peacefmonline.com/politics/201110/72817.php?storyid=100&

http://ww.w.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2998%3Aghanas-health-sector-ranked-2nd-most-corrupt-in-africa&Itemid=29

For over 1 month now Ghanaian doctors are on strike.
Ghana claims to have national health insurance yet the card is useless because no hospital is accepting it. including Korlebu which is the biggest government hospital in Ghana: http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=254750

http://amandlanews.com/2013/03/24/the-national-health-insurance-scheme-to-be-or-not-to-be-an-open-letter-to-the-president-of-the-republic-of-ghana/
The position is calling for the NHIS to be scrapped bc all the money is going into fraudulent pockets.

CORRUPTION: You said Ghana has low perception of corruption? Are you kidding me? Ghana is the second most corrupt country in west Africa. Ghana is now the scam capital of the world. Just few months ago your own IG of police collaborated with ghana gold scammers to steal 8 million dollars from some Turkish mugu, the IG was paid 1 million USD to allow scammers load FAKE GOLD into the private jet the mugu came to carry the purported gold.
Last year your own Kweku Adoboli was arrested for 1 billion dollar fraud at UBS.
Just last week Three Ghanaians were arrested in US for credit card scam (http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272391&comment=0#com)
You said you are not corrupt but where is Ghana Airways? Was it not corruption that killed it? It is the same corruption that is crippling Tema Oil Refinery which is always shut down for maintenance like Nigerian refineries and this TOR is always producing below 40% all bc of corruption.
If you say you are not corrupt oya type SAKAWA for Google search and tell me the result? Bros, abeg no wash your dirty linen in public. I married from Ghana and know Ghana inside out.

SECURITY: Ghana has thousands of refugees in Togo so you are not safe. Northern region of Ghana is like a war zone and god forsaken place, I have been Tamale so I know.
In Ghana I know at least 5 taxi drivers that do not operate in the night bc of fear of armed robbers snatching their cars from them. Ofcourse I know 2 Ghana taxi that lost their cars to armed robbers. There are many parts of Accra taxi drivers dont dare penetrate after 8pm. In Ghana anyone with power-bike is a suspect bc that is what ghana robbers use to rob. I was in Ghana when the police were arresting any young boy they see on power bike.

TECHNOLOGICALLY: Ghana cannot match Nigeria in technology. In Africa Nigeria is leading in space science/technology. Our scientists have launched satellites etc. Innoson motors is made in Nigeria and is already plying the roads of Accra daily. GO TO CROSS COUNTRY TRANSPORT IN ACCRA, JUST BEFORE BUSY INTERNET AFTER KWAME NKRUMAH CIRCLE. Nigerian soldiers manufacture so many of their arms. Our Navy just launched one of the vessels they manufactured.

MANUFACTURED GOODS: Enter any drug store in Ghana most of their prescription drugs carry NAFDAC NUMBERS. Enter any shop/supermarket in Ghana you will see lots of made in Nigeria products like gala, indomie, dangote pasta, biscuit, cement, la casera, bread, news papers, Zinox desktops/laptops. Most ATM Cards in Ghana carry INTERSWITCH Logo and this is a Nigerian company. As a Nigerian, how many made in Ghana products do you see in Nigeria apart from alomo bitters?

POLITICALLY: This is where Ghana has done better than Nigeria. But the last election in Ghana is marred in mass rigging and corruption. THE OPPOSITION PARTY DID NOT ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT TILL DATE, THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY CHALLENGING THE PRESIDENT IN COURT. Most people believe the opposition won the last election and they claim Obasanjo helped the sitting president to ring/win. This last election has seriously dented Ghana's image globally. The opposition has brought thousands of evidence of mass rigging.

check this link out:http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/sakawa-boys-internet-scamming-ghana/
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by IGBOSON1: 1:03am On May 11, 2013
ba7man: I'v always suspected that dude. Real rich people don't announce it to the world the way he does. Our very own Virtual/online Billionaire.

^^^On the bolded: then you've not met 'black' rich people!
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ba7man(m): 6:34am On May 11, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^On the bolded: then you've not met 'black' rich people!
Trust me, I know rich people....I'm not talking about those ones that are worth N20million but are so lousy and talk like they're worth N500million, I'm talking of the ones so busy attending to their business they have no time to stop to tell you how rich they are. Fixing an appointment with them is even a problem because they have far bigger fish to fry than the pesky N60million proposal you're bringing to their table.....Except you're talking about Politicians that we all know how they got their money, fraudulent individuals and those lousy, illiterate rich men that wear terribly loud clothings, wide brimmed hats and use walking canes. From experience, its the lousy ones that don't have money. Empty barrels make the loudest noise.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by elampiro(m): 6:51am On May 11, 2013
Krasid: you sound shameful.Understand the thread,they are comparing lagos to other countries in africa.

You Lagos worshiper, what is the population of Lagos as compared to the countries they are being compared to? Considering the wealth of Nigeria, Lagos is lagging far behind. A place where rickety buses are used for public transport. Massive heat and no light.

Do you know New York is is a richer economy than almost all the countries in the world? Continue to think the government has done well for Lagos or that Lagos is Cairo or Johannesburg.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by elampiro(m): 6:59am On May 11, 2013
Capnd143: i cant quite understand! Is it that you are a fool or u want to become one? Do you think it is easy for a state economy to compete against a whole nation ? Get your facts right bro! It is Lagos against African countries.

....And New York can compete with any country in the world. What is he position of Lagos against all the cities with population of 12million and above?

Lagos = stress. No light, heavy heat, slow traffic, poor drainage and smelling gutters, rickety buses, flood, mosquitoes, etc, etc, etc.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by smoothcrim2014: 3:49pm On May 11, 2013
I stopped following this thread due to the ignorance on it... Some people here simply hate "ethnic" Ghanaians so, I can't waste my time on poor little girls who have hate in their heart. Life is too short for me to do that.

Good bye!!

I will end by saying Ghana will ALWAYS be better than Nigeria! wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by AjanleKoko: 9:46am On May 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:
I will end by saying Ghana will ALWAYS be better than Nigeria! wink

Yeah. We sympathize. Keep telling yourself that grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ba7man(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2013
Pls, apart from Accra, what else is there to Ghana?? I need honest answers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Coup Of The Five Majors / The Nine Federating States That Make Up Niger Delta In Nigeria / Fuel Scarcity In Lagos Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.