Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others (26050 Views)

Tinubu 18govs 58 Senators 212 Reps Others To Pull Out Of APC / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by FindOut(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2013
Enough with this Buhari said baboons will be soaked in blood jor. First, it was "we will make nigeria ungovernable" that he 'said'. Now that its becoming popular knowledge that it was actually PDP Atiku (or is it Ciroma) who said so, the next thing is to hang him with the dogs n baboons yarns when he was clearly using a proverb/hausa saying (like some yoruba mums & grand mums will say 'maa fi imu e fon fere'*i will use ur nose to blow trumpet-literal translation* to warn you) to depict what will happen IF the elections are RIGGED!

I for one will support capital (yes, i said it)punishment for anyone who dares to rig the elections in 2015 for any candidate or party. This country has suffered enough. The millitary era of the 70s and 80s were far better than this. Ask your parents who were in the university or were working during that period. even Sani Abacha's tenure sef.... story for another day sha.

Don't compare Buhari's statement to this millitant's or Atiku's statements please.

Oh, did i forget to mention that ideally, Asari and Tompolo should at the very least be tried in court for the terrorism they unleashed on the niger-delta in their 'hey days'. but what do we have now, Asari is opening his mouth to threaten all Nigerians while Tompolo is now an overnight billionaire. Nonsense.

9 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 09, 2013
Guarantee me 10m naira every month and i'd make more noise than this he-diot called Asari. These guys are sponsored directly by the presidency.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Lanspower(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2013
noblezone: Asari!

I salute your courage!

Anybody castigating you should have his head examined!

The North has been threatened us since and House of Rap (sorry Rep) never heard it.
It is a shame!

Why do you think Jonathan must be re-elected and when has re-electing a president become what a single man will force on millions of people? Why cant he wait for Goodluck's scorecard as a president to get him another term? That silly Asari needs to go back to prison where he belongs and your head really needs a through examination by a combination of native doctors and psychiatrists your gbagaun says it all...
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 09, 2013
AMERICAN FILM
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by excondido(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2013
only in nigeria can criminals dare the security and they go scut free. if na me yan now na sharply them go boot me like a criminal.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 09, 2013
Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by nnalove(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2013
eggheaders: remembering how the he-goat and his wife were crying about when obasanjo holed him up.I won't blame him,I blame femi falana for helping free his crow crow infested black yansh.no wahala after gej is voted out.this niqqar will be going back to the hole where he belong.
off point no goodluck no nigeria comes 2015 believe it or leave it huh dat is d truth. Power must not go back to north again.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 09, 2013
Asari and Buhari are of the same class. While Buhari is busy barking for the North, Asari on the other side, barks for the Niger-Deltas. Useless country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by ZeusI: 10:54pm On May 09, 2013
Well, if Buhari could be roaming through Nigeria undisturbed and unconfined to jail for stating that '...Nigeria will be ungovernable if he fails to be the president...' and it has been the case, who will dare to arrest Asari Dokubo? I laugh at the I.G and those calling for his(asari's) arrestcheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by bootypoppin: 10:54pm On May 09, 2013
It seems almost every topic or post on the news...gradually shifts to ethnicity or religion..Asari made a comment and its not right...because its like he wants to put the unity and stability of Nigeria on the line. I think it will be very great for nigerians for once to stick to the topic at hand. I mean the issue here is...What asari said...is it right or wrong?...In a blink of an eye the statement has shifted to buhari...then northerners then muslims...Ah Ah. Lets call a spade a spade and stop jumping into another issue that is uncalled for. Sometimes if you are not so sure of what you are want to say or have proof then please you dont have to talk to seem. Is it me or that Nigerian have had several leaders from the different region of the country at some point in time? Apparently it doesnt seem to me like Nigeria has moved forward wo...Sha Nigerians are good at pointing fingers instead of looking at the bigger picture. Ah Ah arent we in a democracy? Last time i checked I think we are...considering its a free and fair election...Let anyone contest for presidency simple. You win thats good..u lose then have faith...Nigeria's a mess abeg and its north or south that is responsible its all of us. Start admitting it instead of pointing fingers..Mtseeeeeeeeeeeeew!

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 09, 2013
I am 100% in support of this statement from Asari Dokubo! The north does not have a monopoly of violence. Some persons threatened to make GEJ's govt uncomfortable ; they are doing it! Why? Because one of their own is not in govt. These are the same people that contribute the least to our national development, yet they want to lord over the rest of the country and further underdevelop us.
Enough is enough! For too long, the rest of the country had been nursing this old toddler called Nigeria in the hope that it shall crawl, walk and fly. Our brothers from the north see the country as a cow that must be milked at every opportunity. It is their birthright to do so while we stand and look.
This whole thing is playing out as evidence of the fact that we are tired of staying together as a people. Why is the oil in the Niger-delta sustaining this hardly cemented fragment, yet we refuse to accord the owners of the oil their due regard?
If the north can threaten GEJ, the south can equally threaten the north.

15 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by ozodimgba(m): 10:55pm On May 09, 2013
T-john:
Angered by the arrest calls that trailed his comment, Monday, that peace will elude Nigeria if President Goodluck Jonathan is not returned in 2015, the Niger Delta frontline Activist and Leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari has dared the House of Representatives and the security agencies to arrest him if they can muster the courage to do so.
Asari who is the former President of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) also said that any attempt to arrest him will mark the end of Nigeria and called the authorities coward if eventually the threat of his arrest was not affected.

Speaking in a Press Conference in Abuja Thursday, Asari said he does not bat an eyelid over his previous comment on 2015, stressing that he stands by his words that there will be no peace in the country if Jonathan is not re-elected for a second term in office in 2015.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/arrest-me-if-you-can-asari-dares-ig-reps-others/

Ihe ne-eme!
This is democrazy in play here in Nigeria, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Freedom of speech is what we call it. However, this is the type of problems u have when the rules of law are undermined. It states that everybody is equal b4 the law. In Nigeria, however, some people are more equal than others. When Buhari made his statement b4 2011 general election, it was Asari that took it upon himself that Buhari should be arrested. Nobody listened, not even the police, the lower or the upper house listened. Now he exercised his constitutional right and some people want to crucify him. If the police boss, upper and lower houses faill to arrest Asari then, they're the biggest cowards. Some people will just be spraying their mouths without thinking. If the presidency materminded Asari 's speech, who masterminded Buhari's? Ihe ne-eme!

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On May 09, 2013
Zeus I: Well, if Buhari could be roaming through Nigeria undisturbed and unconfined to jail for stating that '...Nigeria will be ungovernable if he fails to be the president...' and it has been the case, who will dare to arrest Asari Dokubo? I laugh at the I.G and those calling for his(asari's) arrestcheesycheesy

Can you quote where Buhari said he would make the country ungovernable

or you just dug that out of your arsee as usual?
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by theripper3: 10:59pm On May 09, 2013
Making careless and unguarded statements didn't start with Dokubo. Even aspiring Jihadists/ presidents do it from time to time and they go scot-free with a lot of toady constituents cheering them. Asari has dared the Government, it is left for the government to arrest him for making inflammatory comments that can threaten National peace.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by FindOut(m): 11:00pm On May 09, 2013
nnalove: off point no goodluck no nigeria comes 2015 believe it or leave it huh dat is d truth. Power must not go back to north again.

Why? Compare and contrast the regimes of the so-called north with that of the co called south, both millitary and civillian. Count all the infrastructures you see today and tell me how many our so called south built.

You better rise above tribal and religious bigiotry. These silly leaders you think you are defending do not give a damn about you. All of them, both igbo, hausa, yoruba, south south, etc are busy chopping the money together in Abuja and laffing at you people. they will go back to their constituencies and begin to cause division and mumu Nigerians too will believe them. Obasanjo deliberately shoved the rough end of a pineapple in all Nigerian's backsides (to borrow Siena's phrase) when he selected an ailing northern governor to be president (even tho that one showed no signs of interest) and chose the most incompetent south south governor (Donald duke was there o, even thief Odili for make sense pass Jona) to be his running mate. it was his way of punishing Nigerians who refused him 3rd term and he knew very well that those 2 had absolutely no plans for Nigeria.

GEJ has come and the more left unsaid about his incompetence, the better, but it is glaring for all to see. nigeria was way way better years ago when the So called terrible northerners were in power. I'm not blindly advocating for power to go back to the north but at this stage we need to finally rise above tribalism and look at the candidate and what he has to offer, and not where he comes from. Sentiments have brought us to the sorry situation we are in today,.

9 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by abokine: 11:01pm On May 09, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
I have 2 questions!
1. Which side is he supporting because i don't understand his speeches sometimes.

2. Why should an Alhaji/an Hausa person be the Leader of Niger Delta Volunteer Force? SMH

Fool! must every Alhaji be a Hausa man? For your information Asari Dakubo is not a hausa man but rather a muslim and is not all hausa's that are muslims.let me add more knowledge inside your silly narrow and dull brain.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by mbhs139(m): 11:02pm On May 09, 2013
jackbauersballs: Nigeria is a joke...

Its not even his comments that are pissing me off...

Its the fact that he made such comments...at a PRESS CONFERENCE!!!

I mean...what clout does this criminal have, where he is able to organize PRESS CONFERENCES?

and to imagine that the press conference was held in Abuja beats my imagination
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by mbhs139(m): 11:05pm On May 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Can you quote where Buhari said he would make the country ungovernable

or you just dug that out of your arsee as usual?

I have kept on asking this question myself; not even Doyin Okupe could answer it. I need a proof that Buahri actually said that

1 Like

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by fallingsky(m): 11:07pm On May 09, 2013
Civil war
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by ogene70: 11:09pm On May 09, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
I have 2 questions!
1. Which side is he supporting because i don't understand his speeches sometimes.

2. Why should an Alhaji/an Hausa person be the Leader of Niger Delta Volunteer Force? SMH
l

simple maths;
All Alhajis are muslims but not All muslims are Hausas.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by igbsam(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2013
The last time i checked, this chimpazee claimed he's no longer a nigerian citizen, but a citizen of benin republic. He should be deported back to his new country and if he refused to go, he should be jailed or have interpol force him outta nigeria.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by mbhs139(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2013
Lanspower:

Why do you think Jonathan must be re-elected and when has re-electing a president become what a single man will force on millions of people? Why cant he wait for Goodluck's scorecard as a president to get him another term? That silly Asari needs to go back to prison where he belongs and your head really needs a through examination by a combination of native doctors and psychiatrists your gbagaun says it all...

[size=18pt]That's what we call Asari-Cracy ala NigeriaMadness in political science.[/size]
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Gombs(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2013
...Tho I never support dis nyuccur, but his comments dese days are with calculated accuracy!

Oya, nigerian security force(s), ova to you guys

All I knw is GEJ 2015 or else...
And after GEJ na ibo folk go sit there till 2027...else!!!
Ofeose folks na frm 2027 till 2035
Abok.i man is from 2035 till...! If dem like during dat time, mk dem dey thr till 3000

BTW am igbo...Biafra looks realistic by 2015 sef (dats if GEJ dnt win)

Seun, pls I didn't break any rule o

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by bashwaziri: 11:14pm On May 09, 2013
I just don't know why people are giving this illiterate slowpoke cheap popularity? This is someone who in a sane country, should be in a Psychiatric Hospital, not jail and thereafter back to the creeks fishing with his C-in-C (cluess-in-command) big brother! Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by mbhs139(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2013
Find Out!:
Enough with this Buhari said baboons will be soaked in blood jor. First, it was "we will make nigeria ungovernable" that he 'said'. Now that its becoming popular knowledge that it was actually PDP Atiku (or is it Ciroma) who said so, the next thing is to hang him with the dogs n baboons yarns when he was clearly using a proverb/hausa saying (like some yoruba mums & grand mums will say 'maa fi imu e fon fere'*i will use ur nose to blow trumpet-literal translation* to warn you) to depict what will happen IF the elections are RIGGED!

I for one will support capital (yes, i said it)punishment for anyone who dares to rig the elections in 2015 for any candidate or party. This country has suffered enough. The millitary era of the 70s and 80s were far better than this. Ask your parents who were in the university or were working during that period. even Sani Abacha's tenure sef.... story for another day sha.

Don't compare Buhari's statement to this millitant's or Atiku's statements please.

Oh, did i forget to mention that ideally, Asari and Tompolo should at the very least be tried in court for the terrorism they unleashed on the niger-delta in their 'hey days'. but what do we have now, Asari is opening his mouth to threaten all Nigerians while Tompolo is now an overnight billionaire. Nonsense.

As a matter of fact, this is exactly what he said:

"The PDP and the presidency issued the statements in reaction to [size=14pt]comments attributed to Mr. Buhari [/size]on Monday where he said the Nigerian government, led by President Goodluck Jonathan of the ruling PDP, is more deadly than the extremist Boko Haram sect and that any attempt to rig the 2015 election would be firmly resisted.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by koruji(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2013
So does Boko Haram.

What does that mean then?
It means "having guts" when you care nothing about the life of the innocent or peace or you are backed by instruments of violence and don't actually get on the battlefield means very little. Such a person is likely operating outside the bands of "humanity" - a return to primitivity.

RICHIE BOI: This guy is got Guts.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On May 09, 2013
ddippset: lol, why are you running to the police? the nairaland police.

Usually I would have responded but now I cant Because if I respond now Ikenna would ban me,

He has been looking for the opportunity to ban me since

Infact he started following me against my wish
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by Sciencs(m): 11:20pm On May 09, 2013
Can't believe he made such statement even wen he's jst few kilometers away frm d police-headquarters. D speed at which this country is fast becoming a joke is staggeringly disturbing.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by ddippset(m): 11:21pm On May 09, 2013
first of all, asari is not a common criminal as most of you say, he is a rich criminal, lol. second of all, i understand his frustration. a certain fulani man named keita came out some time ago and said there would be chaos if a hausa man did not become president and nobody clamoured for his arrest. now asari is being threatened with arrest. shows that we southerners are really second class citizens??

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Dokubo-Asari Dares IG, Reps, Others by FindOut(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2013
mbhs139:

As a matter of fact, this is exactly what he said:

"The PDP and the presidency issued the statements in reaction to [size=14pt]comments attributed to Mr. Buhari [/size]on Monday where he said the Nigerian government, led by President Goodluck Jonathan of the ruling PDP, is more deadly than the extremist Boko Haram sect and that any attempt to rig the 2015 election would be firmly resisted.

I wonder what is wrong in this statement. Oh, sorry, what is 'wrong' is that Buhari made it. It should be a shame to all Buhari haters that the only thing they have against the man is his so called religious bigotry and not records of corruption or non-performance. Funny country i tell ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

R-APC National Assembly Members Plot Mass Defection July 31 / Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / Court Sacks Hamza Al-Mustapha As AA Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.