Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare (8579 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Slams Aisha Alhassan 4 Her Insensitivity 2 Chibok Girls Plight / Militants Take Over Govt Ministries In Libya / O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Onyegecha(f): 7:08pm On May 09, 2013
Workers in Imo state have defied threats by the state government and shut down the secretariats to protest government insensitivity to their welfare.
Their grouses among other things are
1. The government's refusal to pay workers in more than twenty parastatals, thereby rendering thousands of breadwinners insolvent.
2. Withholding promotion of workers and reversing promotions done by his predecessor
3. Refusing to pay some allowances- leave, overtime, etc.
A lot of confusion has enveloped the state workforce as some labour leaders are singing the same song as the state government.
Recall that a few days ago, the organized labour gave this same governor a controversial award of excellence. Talk of a state sitting on a keg of chaos.
(source- Ukpaka reporters, Trumpeta newspapers, Frontline express, etc)

1 Like

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by abagoro(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2013
Onyegecha: Workers in Imo state have defied threats by the state government and shut down the secretariats to protest government insensitivity to their welfare.
Their grouses among other things are
1. The government's refusal to pay workers in more than twenty parastatals, thereby rendering thousands of breadwinners insolvent.
2. Withholding promotion of workers and reversing promotions done by his predecessor
3. Refusing to pay some allowances- leave, overtime, etc.
A lot of confusion has enveloped the state workforce as some labour leaders are singing the same song as the state government.
Recall that a few days ago, the organized labour gave this same governor a controversial award of excellence. Talk of a state sitting on a keg of chaos.
(source- Ukpaka reporters, Trumpeta newspapers, Frontline express, etc)

Ok. What will it profit you to spoil a progressing State? Its obvious those sponsoring this nonsense.
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Dede1(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2013
abagoro:

Ok. What will it profit you to spoil a progressing State? Its obvious those sponsoring this nonsense.

I will not allow you to cross a slightly busy traffic carriageway without an adult holding your hand.

9 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 09, 2013
abagoro:

I wonder!
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by superior1: 9:16pm On May 09, 2013
Dede1:

I will not allow you to cross a slightly busy traffic carriageway without an adult holding your hand.

And you are the adult
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by alexchiny: 9:19pm On May 09, 2013
abagoro:

Are they on strike or Not? What an irritating sycophant you are.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Dede1(m): 9:27pm On May 09, 2013
superior1:

And you are the adult

Did you miss your way too?

5 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by EASTSIDAZ: 9:53pm On May 09, 2013
I weep for poor people of imo state. It will not be long before they see how far this clown has wrecked the state financially. It can only be imagined how much this buffoon has paid tinubu and buhari. This has hampered everything in the state. Workers are not paid, contractors are not paid. All the projects he started just to deceive the people has since been abandoned because he has been pushing money out into tinubu account.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by superior1: 10:05pm On May 09, 2013
Dede1:

Did you miss your way too?
Adulthood should come with some common sense
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by alexchiny: 10:08pm On May 09, 2013
superior1:

And you think you have any? Dude pls stop disgracing yourself here.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:19pm On May 09, 2013
I don't understand this man,Rochas ,one bit. Is he mentally stable?? What has he really achieved in two yrs ? Well,wether he is good or not only time will tell.
Deme nu !
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Abagworo(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: I weep for poor people of imo state. It will not be long before they see how far this clown has wrecked the state financially. It can only be imagined how much this buffoon has paid tinubu and buhari. This has hampered everything in the state. Workers are not paid, contractors are not paid. All the projects he started just to deceive the people has since been abandoned because he has been pushing money out into tinubu account.

Let us call a spade what it is. With what I've seen so far in Imo State, if Rochas is asked to halt completely and infrastructural developments measured, he has already surpassed the PDP 12 years before him.
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by alexchiny: 10:31pm On May 09, 2013
Abagworo:

Let us call a spade what it is. With what I've seen so far in Imo State, if Rochas is asked to halt completely and infrastructural developments measured, he has already surpassed the PDP 12 years before him.
Mr Sycophant, are the workers on strike or Not? Hide your head in shame!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Abagworo(m): 10:37pm On May 09, 2013
alexchiny:
Mr Sycophant, are the workers on strike or Not? Hide your head in shame!

I'm no sycophant my friend. I'm only a realist. I visit Owerri often and always get better impression on every visit. Strike does not mean he's not performing but it means he has not lived up to the workers expectations. Mind you much of the reasons for the strike are backlogs owed for years before Rochas administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/imo-striking-workers-boo-state-nlc-chairman-hos/

3 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Dede1(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2013
superior1:

It does not seem that sense is common to you going by the way of your expressions especially hiding behind multiple monikers.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 09, 2013
Abagworo:

true talk! gwa m okwu biko!

1 Like

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2013
superior1:
and how u managed to jump into another person's biznez is a wonder!

1 Like

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:33pm On May 09, 2013
berem: true talk! gwa m okwu biko!

I have been watching you for a while,both your style of writing and response give you out,so easilly. You seem to support Imo and only Imo. You will join yorubas to mock Pete Obi and disregard the authentticity of the news. You don't care about Abia,Enugu and Enonyi. You are a staunch supporter of APC and you adore the Yorubas. You must think we are stupid!

It will only take time before your true identity appears in full.

15 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:40pm On May 09, 2013
Abagworo:

Are you not ashamed of yourself? Don't you have integrity? Are you even a human being ? Kedu ka okenye ga esi nolu na uno ewu amua na ogbuli?

Peolpe like you will lead Imo to the grave!
Tell me one tangible thing Rochas has achieved in two yrs.
This man think running a state is equal to bagging contracts from goverments.
Rochas has never grew a business from scratch like Pete Obi.
This man will ran Imo into depts they can't set off.

IMOLITES WAKE UP AND DO AWAY WITH ROCHAS!

5 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Obiagu1(m): 11:45pm On May 09, 2013
It seems like Imolites like hyperboles and they got their man.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Abagworo(m): 11:56pm On May 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Are you not ashamed of yourself? Don't you have integrity? Are you even a human being ? Kedu ka okenye ga esi nolu na uno ewu amua na ogbuli?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/anambra-nut-threatens-strike/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/striking-anambra-health-workers-vow-to-continue/

http://247ureports.com/gov-peter-obi-to-sack-workers-on-strike/

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/3544/2011/08/10/strike_workers_ground_anambra.html
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Nobody: 12:14am On May 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

I have been watching you for a while,both your style of writing and response give you out,so easilly. You seem to support Imo and only Imo. You will join yorubas to mock Pete Obi and disregard the authentticity of the news. You don't care about Abia,Enugu and Enonyi. You are a staunch supporter of APC and you adore the Yorubas. You must think we are stupid!

Arrant Nonsense! To hell about what you think of me. I support Imo because am an Imolite. Before you accuse me of joining forces with Yorubas to mock peter obi, you have to prove it! prove it or remain silent. I am in full support of the industrialization going on in Abia state. I have never passed any negative comments about Southeast states. I am a staunch supporter of APC and Buhari. Do you have a problem with that? Don't i have the right to support the party i want? I have lived in Lagos for more than 3 decades so my relationship with Yoruba people didnt start on nairaland. Must i lick the shoes of you and other igbos who want to crucify me because i choose to follow the progressives? oh please spare me the baseless accusations!

9 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by alexchiny: 12:23am On May 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Stop bothering yourself with that female tout. She is yoruba through and through.

1 Like

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by alexchiny: 12:27am On May 10, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm no sycophant my friend. I'm only a realist. I visit Owerri often and always get better impression on every visit. Strike does not mean he's not performing but it means he has not lived up to the workers expectations. Mind you much of the reasons for the strike are backlogs owed for years before Rochas administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/imo-striking-workers-boo-state-nlc-chairman-hos/

Yes you are confused Sycophant. Is it my job to clear back logs? Should we leave it for Ohakim? Oh I forgot, Imo state is now broke due to reckless spending of Imo money by Rochas.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Nobody: 12:35am On May 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Bloody hypocrite! you mock Rochas Okorocha and you accuse me of joining forces with Yorubas to mock Peter Obi? How malicious could you be? I just wonder why Anambra people are crying more than the beavered. Why don't you focus on your dying APGA state and Leave Imo state alone? Is it the fault of Rochas that Peter Obi hasn't achieved to your expectations? Keep hating while Rochas puts smiles on the faces of Ndi Imo. ndi iro!

5 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:39am On May 10, 2013
berem: Arrant Nonsense! To hell about what you think of me. I support Imo because am an Imolite. Before you accuse me of joining forces with Yorubas to mock peter obi, you have to prove it! prove it or remain silent. I am in full support of the industrialization going on in Abia state. I have never passed any negative comments about Southeast states. I am a staunch supporter of APC and Buhari. Do you have a problem with that? Don't i have the right to support the party i want? I have lived in Lagos for more than 3 decades so my relationship with Yoruba people didnt start on nairaland. Must i lick the shoes of you and other igbos who want to crucify me because i choose to follow the progressives? oh please spare me the baseless accusations!

I'm not surprise because these uncouth behaviour is akin to the people who has housed you for three decades. There is no atom of grace in you. Keep it up and I pray you don't get a black eye from your man. On numerious occasions you have wrote deridingly of Obi person,especially,when in comparison to Rochas but I won't go into that, now. My problem with people like you is that you come on here to sing Rochas name to high heaven but you haven't been able to table one single achievement of his ,for the last two years. I have every right to attack Rochas;one;He ran for election and won under the platform of Apga. Two;He deceived Obi into believing he has a masterplan to Imo problems but so far nothing to show for it. He is disgracing Peter Obi with the way he is acting. The man is indecisive,unstable and empty upstairs.

9 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Nobody: 1:41am On May 10, 2013
Odenigbo o zugo zia nna a
I nu go
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:54am On May 10, 2013
berem: Bloody hypocrite! you mock Rochas Okorocha and you accuse me of joining forces with Yorubas to mock Peter Obi? How malicious could you be? I just wonder why Anambra people are crying more than the beavered. Why don't you focus on your dying APGA state and Leave Imo state alone? Is it the fault of Rochas that Peter Obi hasn't achieved to your expectations? Keep hating while Rochas puts smiles on the faces of Ndi Imo. ndi iro!

And nobody is crying here,if you must know. Why didn't Rochas run for election under the party of his southwest masters?? Why did he have to come and climb on Obi's back to the goverment house,only for him to betray the grace that was given to him. And yes,Rochas deserved to be mocked because he is clueless. This man think govermnt is a charity organization. He has no plan to grow Imo economy. And who told you that Peter hasn't achieved to our expectation? Anambra is the most economic viable state in the East of Niger,better education system,ZERO dept,a very fat reserve. Please don't talk about what you don't know. Anambra isn't the most beautiful state in the east but its by far the strongst both economically,education,road network and every other sector. I don't wanna start comparing states but you should keep Obi out of your mouth. The man is a blessing to Ndigbo and Nigeria in whole. Deme!

8 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:57am On May 10, 2013
babyosisi: Odenigbo o zugo zia nna a
I nu go

Nne,ewena iwe,biko.
Deme.

1 Like

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Obiagu1(m): 4:05am On May 10, 2013
What I know is that Rochas' ambition is to become the President.
Unfortunately, he is so naive and overambitious that the little hope he got, he destroyed it.
Igbos despise betrayers, he should ask Iwuanyawu and Jim Nwobodo.

He should run for office, I guarantee you he can only win votes in Imo state and at the end of the day, he will remain a frustrated man.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Nobody: 6:56am On May 10, 2013
Apc is moving and hate speech can not stop it.
Re: Imo Civil Servants Strike Over Govt's Insensitivity To Their Welfare by Abagworo(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

And nobody is crying here,if you must know. Why didn't Rochas run for election under the party of his southwest masters?? Why did he have to come and climb on Obi's back to the goverment house,only for him to betray the grace that was given to him. And yes,Rochas deserved to be mocked because he is clueless. This man think govermnt is a charity organization. He has no plan to grow Imo economy. And who told you that Peter hasn't achieved to our expectation? Anambra is the most economic viable state in the East of Niger,better education system,ZERO dept,a very fat reserve. Please don't talk about what you don't know. Anambra isn't the most beautiful state in the east but its by far the strongst both economically,education,road network and every other sector. I don't wanna start comparing states but you should keep Obi out of your mouth. The man is a blessing to Ndigbo and Nigeria in whole. Deme!

O boy stop making unverifiable assertions. Imo State has by far the highest GDP in the Southeast and also has the fastest growing city(Owerri). What you call roads in Anambra is known as NDDC roads and are regarded as foot paths in more advanced States. You keep asking of what Rochas has achieved even when you've seen some of it. I've shown you what he did in honor of Ojukwu and you don't see that as an achievement. Pictures don't lie my friend. Now show us Ojukwu boulevard equivalent in yours State. As for industries, all States must not have factories. In the Southeast long before most of us were born Aba and Onitsha have always housed majority of trading and manfacturing companies. We all saw ourselves as one Nigeria hence no need to have the same thing. In every State. Owerri is the hospitality capital of the East and in recent times the only place traditional Igbo music still exists as a choice genre.

Talking about strikes, Anambra workers under Obi have gone on strike more than 10 times in the past 7years. No Imo State man/woman ever came out to mock or blame Obi for them. The major reason people disregard Obi and Orji is because of the environmental State of their cities. Aba and Onitsha need to be upgraded to something we can all be proud of in terms of roads and general cleanliness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Won't Judge Amaechi Based On Audio Leak Criticising Buhari - Tony Momoh / 'Anambra Governorship People's Choice Award': Winner Set To Emerge / Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.