Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,482 members, 7,823,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff (20302 Views)

FG Delegates Visit Bomb Blasts Victims In Maiduguri Hospital .... See Photos / Female Suicide Bombers Attack Maiduguri Market Again / Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoots Doctor, Beats-Up Medical Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 9:46am On May 10, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] Lol the doctors knw dat if dey keep the corpes there morgue nobody wud pay for the morgue fee and nobody wud want to come and take it for burial dats why dey say deriz no space grin
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by dridowu: 9:46am On May 10, 2013
Just tired of insecurity in ds country,
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by chaloner(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2013
Please before I comment on the issue at hand... nairalanders please help me to tell seun or what his name is to stop disturbing me with this so called commandment or law each time I want to reply a post. Thanks.
let's come to business ; I will keep on saying this, police in this country need to be re-examine .....87% of them are not normal , many are insane , many can't even use their default brain... Imagine this story ! An impurity to Nigerian forces generally, I can remember very well the day a gang use bottles on me , I went and report to police station , can u imagine that the so policemen gave me their number and told me to call them once I hold the guy any where...hahahahahah this so funny, those policemen, 87% are not ok, many are insane period
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by DrTee1(m): 9:48am On May 10, 2013
hyper gig: More than often we tend not to appreciate these gun wielding lads.....they were caught up in a cross fire while trying to salvage what is left of a community nd yet to help em preserve their dead body con turn to wahalla,why won't they go wild, if i were in their shoes i would even do more....

Is that your signature? @ "I need a Dr to bring me back to life"...

No Dr on earth would bring this you & this mentality of yours back to life! You'll either die with that mentality & be ignored by health practitioners or put this warped mentality of yours to death and be attended to by Doctors, who are co-creators, or maintainers, with God Almighty!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Koolking(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2013
Most Nigerians are just too sentimental to consider issues rationally. Policemen got killed in the face off between Ombatse youths and the police. I can tell you, it is this obvious attitudes of "i am the law, and not the law enforcer" of our uniform men that got them the gift of graves in Nassarawa. They seem to gloss-over their true callings - peacemakers and law enforcers. Be a mediator, look for a way to quell the fire and not stoking fire. They see their guns as steroids and they feel they can always achieve their aims with gun intimidations. I am a strong proponent of our security overhaul if we are serious about protecting life and properties in Nigeria. It is high time the police are made to realise they are to serve and not be served. Security will continue to be a mirage unless Police are friends to the public not in words but actions. Enough of these wanton bloodsheds.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by lawrenzoo: 9:50am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs: Those soldiers are under severe pressure literally putting their lives on the line for those very doctors...

It is a severe insult for a hospital to reject the body of a soldier who died in active service.

I mean, for Fcks sake the soldier took a bullet protecting YOU...and una no fit house en deadi body?! angry

How demoralizing is that to dead man's colleagues?
Knowing that despite their low pay,and their status as walking Boko Haram targets,they will never get the respect they deserve...even in death? undecided

You be olodo ni or u didn't go to primary school? What has a soldier gotten to do with a policeman?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Acidosis(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2013
hyper gig: More than often we tend not to appreciate these gun wielding lads.....they were caught up in a cross fire while trying to salvage what is left of a community nd yet to help em preserve their dead body con turn to wahalla,why won't they go wild, if i were in their shoes i would even do more....

Exactly...

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by sammmiey1: 9:51am On May 10, 2013
Nigerian police really need to be scrutinized,dey murder at will without esteem for human life.D oda day I was coming 4rm sumwia,on gettin 2a checkpoint,one of dem flagged me down,interrogated me dou I was friendly enof with him and d next thing he asked of was a bottle of alomo to cool down himsef.if I had provided it or gave him d money 4purchase,now tel me how such person alredy on sum stimulant won't pull trigger of any available rifle at any slightest provocation with a defenseless individual.Its so disheartening how things are being managed in Nigeria and no one knows how long it wil take 4things to be amended,notin is workin ryt.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Leopantro: 9:52am On May 10, 2013
Did they ask why the morgue was filled up? Oh wait, it's because there is insecurity because law and order, that should be enforced by the same security men is defective causing increased loss of lives and thus hospitals and morgues are filled up. Then you get angry and beat up doctors who are trying to save lives you are incompetent to save?

Lets assume as you leave the hospital you enter a gun battle and you get shot. You need prompt medical attention. I wonder if you will go back to those doctors?

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by aniyphil: 9:54am On May 10, 2013
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 9:54am On May 10, 2013
Seems your father is a police man! Keep quiet if u dnt know what to say.Police are robbers, nigerain citizens are protecting themselves n are at the mercy of insecurity.
jackbauersballs: Those soldiers are under severe pressure literally putting their lives on the line for those very doctors...

It is a severe insult for a hospital to reject the body of a soldier who died in active service.

I mean, for Fcks sake the soldier took a bullet protecting YOU...and una no fit house en deadi body?! angry

Knowing that despite their low pay,and their status as walking Boko Haram targets,they will never get the respect they deserve...even in death? undecided

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by ceejay80s(m): 9:55am On May 10, 2013
Na dis crude oil stil dey hold us together for naija, the greedy and selfish ones no wan let go.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by shizzle11(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2013
Those policemen are very senseless and stewpid! So what do they want the hospital to do? Deposit their colleagues corpses on top of other corpses simply cos they are that of their colleagues.

Nonsense! Look at them flexing muscles at the wrong place, bunch of eediots venting their misplaced anger on the wrong people, blockheads!

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by mathskill: 9:56am On May 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by otokx(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2013
It is the fault of government, why will they not create and maintain adequate facilities? They will soon say that its unknown soldiers that went to the hospital.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by mebad(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2013

I am really sorry for you. Did you even think twice before posting ?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by cecegorz(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2013

Looks like you have comprehension problem.
May be the CMD should have kept the corpses in his office to show how much he honors them right?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Boscojugunu(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2013
police. nemesis on point
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by aniyphil: 9:59am On May 10, 2013

Hmmmm. . .some people will never learn . . .oga "jackbauersballs", please read the story again . . .only this time you have to do it your glasses intact . . .and may be your reasoning too . . .how the heck can you justify this trash?! angry
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Acidosis(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2013
Y'all should keep quiet!

So what happens to the innocent patients in the hospital now that suppose life-saving Doctors are on strike...

and don't even mention nurse here...
cos some of this people would not mind injecting patients with poisons..

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by misterh(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2013
What the policemen did was totally uncalled for. It's unfortunate that calamity befell them but they have no right to vent their anger on the medical personnels going about their own duty. They resorted to shooting and maiming innocent doctors who have absolutely nothing to do with the incident that happened to them. Did they expect the doctors to remove corpses in the morgue in order to put theirs? The actions of these policemen will further erode whatever pity is left for them in the minfd of the public.

And you wonder why i don't have pity for the NPF.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by PehaKaso: 10:14am On May 10, 2013
[quote
author=Abujabir24]What is wrong with Nigerian government? Must the
people of maiduguri all die before this president will have peace? We
don't want to see soldiers in maiduguri please senate remove them
soldiers from maid. We are crying please and please remove those igbo
soldiers who have no respect for hausas, they kill us without thinking
twice and commandeer our sisters and daughters. Mr President abeg abeg.
If u do dis one thing for us, then we don't mind if u go for second
term. Just remove the soldiers.[/quote]
u aint seen notin yet. death is ur portion 4 makin Nigeria ungovernable 4 a Southern Presido
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Acidosis(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2013
misterh: What the policemen did was totally uncalled for. It's unfortunate that calamity befell them but they have no right to vent their anger on the medical personnels going about their own duty . They resorted to shooting and maiming innocent doctors who have absolutely nothing to do with the incident that happened to them. Did they expect the doctors to remove corpses in the morgue in order to put theirs? The actions of these policemen will further erode whatever pity is left for them in the minfd of the public.

And you wonder why i don't have pity for the NPF.

BUT
The Doctors can vent their anger on innocent patients..
wow! smiley
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Abujabir24: 10:18am On May 10, 2013
mathskill: Shuuuut uuuup mr man.what do u mean soldiers should b withdrawn.u want bh to take maiduguri.dnt get me wrong i am not in support of high handedness of soldiers but to call for thier withdrawal is callous.it means u dont know what u r saying.what should happen is this soldiers should b properly equiped.imagine a soldier ssent to maiduguri a battle zone but is not given air support,night vision goggles,proper body armour or placed in a pick up van instead of an armoured personnel carrier.I must say the government is not showing seriouse commitment when it comes to uprooting bh.i tell the two states of borno and maiduguri can b cordoned off for 5 months, no one comes in or out till this terrorists r dislodged.but alas this is nigeria till the son or daughter of a prominent elite is killed.
I am in support of what u said. But like u said, its Nigeria, we re not taking it serious because some politicians are behind it. I really want dis bh members to be flushed out more than u. But d president aint helping matters. Instead, the soldiers are sent to maid, given armor, but they use it to kill civilians instead of hostiles.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by wasiudvd(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2013
If we continue with dis rate, secterian violent death in this country will reach that of civil war level. So why not scatter the yeye country once and for all?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by achi4u(m): 10:22am On May 10, 2013
naija police are the worst enemy of the masses.
shooting unarmed civilian!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 10:26am On May 10, 2013
misterh: Did they expect the doctors to remove corpses in the morgue in order to put theirs?

YES!

YES!

and YES again.

Can you do the job?

Can you put your life on line every day for people who dont appreciate the risks you take and for minimum wage?

A lot of these Police/Soldiers/JTF have families - wives and kids who depend on them.

At least the Boko guys are motivated by the conviction that they are doing God's will and the prospects of everlasting virgins.

Our security forces are underpaidd, ill-equiped, and compelled to face a very deadly enemy. These guys deserve maximum respect in life and especially in death.

I repeat, no hospital/morgue in Maiduguri has the RIGHT to reject the body of a soldier/policeman/JTF.

If there is no room - MAKE ROOM
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Akpaife(m): 10:26am On May 10, 2013
Who go aresst police now?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by livethinme: 10:29am On May 10, 2013
Koolking: Most Nigerians are just too sentimental to consider issues rationally. Policemen got killed in the face off between Ombatse youths and the police. I can tell you, it is this obvious attitudes of "i am the law, and not the law enforcer" of our uniform men that got them the gift of graves in Nassarawa. They seem to gloss-over their true callings - peacemakers and law enforcers. Be a mediator, look for a way to quell the fire and not stoking fire. They see their guns as steroids and they feel they can always achieve their aims with gun intimidations. I am a strong proponent of our security overhaul if we are serious about protecting life and properties in Nigeria. It is high time the police are made to realise they are to serve and not be served. Security will continue to be a mirage unless Police are friends to the public not in words but actions. Enough of these wanton bloodsheds.

Yes!! I always think to myself sometimes, do they think about what they are saying?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by livethinme: 10:30am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

YES!

YES!

and YES again.

Can you do the job?

Can you put your life on line every day for people who dont appreciate the risks you take and for minimum wage?

A lot of these Police/Soldiers/JTF have families - wives and kids who depend on them.

At least the Boko guys are motivated by the conviction that they are doing God's will and the prospects of everlasting virgins.

Our security forces are underpaidd, ill-equiped, and compelled to face a very deadly enemy. These guys deserve maximum respect in life and especially in death.

I repeat, no hospital/morgue in Maiduguri has the RIGHT to reject the body of a soldier/policeman/JTF.

If there is no room - MAKE ROOM

Make room by throwing out other bodies?

Abi wetin kind talk be dis?
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by infolekan(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up.... pls
Both the police and doctors ought to protect lives...

The duty of a policeman is to protect lives but they failed by dealing mercilessly with armed-less and innocent medical staff.

The Doctors also failed woefully by not accepting the corpse of innocent men protecting them on the battle ground... as if that was not enough, they embarked on a strike action which of course may lead to death of another batch of patients in their custody...

So tell me, who failed in his duty here?

Your post shows two things.....a whole canful of stinking ignorance and lots and lots of hot air carrying no sense.
Sure you did not even understand the message or you probably read it downside up.
THE MORGUE WAS ALREADY FILLED UP. Were they supposed to put the dead bodies inside the morgue on the floor outside so that they can put the bodies of their own colleagues inside? We should reason as adults

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by OkochiZico(m): 10:38am On May 10, 2013
What is Nigeria turning to in recent time? Too bad, everyday killings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Sends Condolence Message To Nigerian Army Over The Recent Loss Of Lives / 70 Christians Massacred In Plateau / Ekiti: APC Rally, A Dramatic Display Of Failure - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.