Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff (20289 Views)

FG Delegates Visit Bomb Blasts Victims In Maiduguri Hospital .... See Photos / Female Suicide Bombers Attack Maiduguri Market Again / Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoots Doctor, Beats-Up Medical Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by achi4u(m): 10:38am On May 10, 2013
Abujabir24:
I am in support of what u said. But like u said, its Nigeria, we re not taking it serious because some politicians are behind it. I really want dis bh members to be flushed out more than u. But d president aint helping matters. Instead, the soldiers are sent to maid, given armor, but they use it to kill civilians instead of hostiles.
Speaking frm both sides of the mouth,if the soldiers were to be withdrawn as you put it who and who is going to flush the boko haram animals out of the city

Let those soldiers remain and do their job.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by pekelepekele(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2013
The doctor is not at fault probably he has nothing to do with a dead man . What does a hospital has to do with someone " Brought in Dead" . Agbero is better than our police of nowadays.

They shot the doctor!!! shocked. Haba that's too bad if it was in the states that this happened believe me about 20 police officers will be dismissed and sent to jail.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 10:47am On May 10, 2013
ok provide your room to be used as a mortuary annex where the other corpses will be stored. eeediot!
jackbauersballs:

YES!

YES!

and YES again.

Can you do the job?

Can you put your life on line every day for people who dont appreciate the risks you take and for minimum wage?

A lot of these Police/Soldiers/JTF have families - wives and kids who depend on them.

At least the Boko guys are motivated by the conviction that they are doing God's will and the prospects of everlasting virgins.

Our security forces are underpaidd, ill-equiped, and compelled to face a very deadly enemy. These guys deserve maximum respect in life and especially in death.

I repeat, no hospital/morgue in Maiduguri has the RIGHT to reject the body of a soldier/policeman/JTF.

If there is no room - MAKE ROOM

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Acidosis(m): 10:49am On May 10, 2013
infolekan, you're a very big f00l for quoting me...

Are the Doctors not suppose to protect lives?
What if the police also embark on a strike action for loosing 100 men in less than 24hours??
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by chreldb(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs: Those soldiers are under severe pressure literally putting their lives on the line for those very doctors...

It is a severe insult for a hospital to reject the body of a soldier who died in active service.

I mean, for Fcks sake the soldier took a bullet protecting YOU...and una no fit house en deadi body?! angry

How demoralizing is that to dead man's colleagues?
Knowing that despite their low pay,and their status as walking Boko Haram targets,they will never get the respect they deserve...even in death? undecided

You have already gotten what you deserve from other posters so i would spare you and reserve my comment.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by chakula: 11:00am On May 10, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up.... pls
Both the police and doctors ought to protect lives...

The duty of a policeman is to protect lives but they failed by dealing mercilessly with armed-less and innocent medical staff.

The Doctors also failed woefully by not accepting the corpse of innocent men protecting them on the battle ground... as if that was not enough, they embarked on a strike action which of course may lead to death of another batch of patients in their custody...

So tell me, who failed in his duty here?

Never disagree with your posts but today, have you go through the article at all? where would the doctors refuse to accept the dead bodies? Can you spot it in the article? They have explain to them the condition which is left for the police to decide what to do, but without reasoning with them they want ahead on killing and beating them.

The decision of the hospital now looks very good let the police continue taking care themselves.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by ITbomb(m): 11:01am On May 10, 2013
Where is Ombatse Traditionalists when you need them.

I am planning to employ those Eggon Invisible Fighters with Machete to protect me against police.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 11:09am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

YES!

YES!

and YES again.

Can you do the job?

Can you put your life on line every day for people who dont appreciate the risks you take and for minimum wage?

A lot of these Police/Soldiers/JTF have families - wives and kids who depend on them.

At least the Boko guys are motivated by the conviction that they are doing God's will and the prospects of everlasting virgins.

Our security forces are underpaidd, ill-equiped, and compelled to face a very deadly enemy. These guys deserve maximum respect in life and especially in death.

I repeat, no hospital/morgue in Maiduguri has the RIGHT to reject the body of a soldier/policeman/JTF.

If there is no room-MAKE ROOM....cld you pls explain how such room/space could created.

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Abujabir24: 11:21am On May 10, 2013
mathskill: Shuuuut uuuup mr man.what do u mean soldiers should b withdrawn.u want bh to take maiduguri.dnt get me wrong i am not in support of high handedness of soldiers but to call for thier withdrawal is callous.it means u dont know what u r saying.what should happen is this soldiers should b properly equiped.imagine a soldier ssent to maiduguri a battle zone but is not given air support,night vision goggles,proper body armour or placed in a pick up van instead of an armoured personnel carrier.I must say the government is not showing seriouse commitment when it comes to uprooting bh.i tell the two states of borno and maiduguri can b cordoned off for 5 months, no one comes in or out till this terrorists r dislodged.but alas this is nigeria till the son or daughter of a prominent elite is killed.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by chaloner(m): 11:21am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

YES!

YES!

and YES again.

Can you do the job?

I wil break law no 2 nd beg for forgivness, seun pls allow me to insult this person.... C u dey mad for dat YES response....who force Dem to enter force? Did u kne wat I'm doin in oda to kip Nigeria moving forward? Did u knw how I put my life in danger each moment in other to secure peace in this country? U re the worst dumb ever...... U sucksssssss!
I'm so sorry seun...its d work of d devil, dnt wan to insult him plssss
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by donLEXY(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2013
hyper gig: More than often we tend not to appreciate these gun wielding lads.....they were caught up in a cross fire while trying to salvage what is left of a community nd yet to help em preserve their dead body con turn to wahalla,why won't they go wild, if i were in their shoes i would even do more....

With this been said by you and read by me, I don't think you will have any reason to hold on to any power in Nigeria because you will bully the nation as a whole. Where is your moral and dignity if all you can do is to physically show anger on those who meant no harm. You have to go see a pysch for anger management..... Great day ahead and Horace fun
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Laenec: 11:28am On May 10, 2013
Many people that posted comment against the civilians don't understand what hospital management protocol is all about.

If I may ask...
If you were called to the morgue come to pick up the corpse of your relative (God forbid) to allow a police corpse in, how would you feel?

These are the same set of people that will insist health workers should treat patients equally without bias in respect to their oath.

Our police should be trained how to be SANE under pressure and crisis.
My heart goes out to the policemen who lost their lives and wish the shot doctor quick recovery.
It won't surprise me that the doctor that was shot doesn't eventually have anything to do with the morgue.
Unfortunate cascade of events

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 11:36am On May 10, 2013
chaloner:
I wil break law no 2 nd beg for forgivness, seun pls allow me to insult this person.... C u dey mad for dat YES response....who force Dem to enter force? Did u kne wat I'm doin in oda to kip Nigeria moving forward? Did u knw how I put my life in danger each moment in other to secure peace in this country? U re the worst dumb ever...... U sucksssssss!
I'm so sorry seun...its d work of d devil, dnt wan to insult him plssss

You are clearly an unintelligent specimen, who in his haste to exhibit his intellectual deficiency,has failed to see that he has answered his own question!

These men were not COERCED to join the Police force. They joined voluntarily.

They did not choose to be posted to Maiduguri. They did not choose to be on the frontline facing Boko Haram.

But they do. The put their lives on the line everyday. And they are killed in their hundreds.

Why?

The money is crap as seen below:

According to the circular, a police constable II will earn between N450, 621 and N506, 613 per annum while a Corporal will take home between N470, 846 and N529, 469 per annum.

A Chief Superintendent of Police is expected to earn between N1, 776,288 and N2, 032,511 per annum while a Police Commissioner will receive a minimum of N2, 699, 037 and a maximum of N3, 015,685 yearly and an Assistant Inspector-General, between N5, 445, 504 and N5, 903,080.

The circular stated that the revised salary does not include rent allowance which is payable at the rate of between N55, 599 and N68, 488 for Police Constables II; between N62, 165 and N81, 198 for Corporals and a maximum rate of N654, 558 for police commissioners and N733, 701 for AIGs per year.

However, the rent is applicable to officers who are not quartered in the barracks and not provided accommodation at government expense.

You can only imagine what is going through the head of a man, who is paid less than CORPERS,seeing his colleague's head get blown off, and then seeing his colleagues body not recieving the respect and care he deserves.

Can You do the JOB?

Can you even risk your life for your close friends/family, talk less of a Nation of disgusting and ungrateful sons of cannibals like yourself?

Put yourself in their shoes, then come back and tell me different

Idiot.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by donLEXY(m): 11:40am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

YES!

YES!

and YES again.

Can you do the job?

It seems you r a police officer and if not its either you did not attend high school ( let alone college), your statement shows no ethics of an educated human being. When the officers were been paid with no real job, who questioned that moment? Now that they r facing hard time (though we all need to appreciate that) you have no right to talk about them laying their life's down, that's the oat you all made. Also, because they die on duty they take upon them self, those in the refrigerator should be dump on the street. I think you have to go back to school to learn some senses...... We all call it common sense, but to be honest that stuff is not common and some people needs to learn it....... Change your reasoning plssss

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 11:49am On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs: Those soldiers are under severe pressure literally putting their lives on the line for those very doctors...

It is a severe insult for a hospital to reject the body of a soldier who died in active service.

I mean, for Fcks sake the soldier took a bullet protecting YOU...and una no fit house en deadi body?! angry

Knowing that despite their low pay,and their status as walking Boko Haram targets,they will never get the respect they deserve...even in death? undecided

You must be very STUPID!!!! So if the morgue is full a corpse should be thrown out to accomodate a soldier of police man! You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to justify this shameful, unprofessional agbero men! Idiiot!!!!!!
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 11:53am On May 10, 2013
donLEXY:

It seems you r a police officer and if not its either you did not attend high school ( let alone college), your statement shows no ethics of an educated human being. When the officers were been paid with no real job, who questioned that moment? Now that they r facing hard time (though we all need to appreciate that) you have no right to talk about them laying their life's down, that's the ought you all made. Also, because they die on duty they take upon them self, those in the refrigerator should be dump on the street. I think you have to go back to school to learn some senses...... We all call it common sense, but to be honest that stuff is not common and some people needs to learn it....... Change your reasoning plssss

I am not a police officer, and judging from your write up I suspect I am far more educated than you can ever hope to be, but that is a differnt story.

Now I ask you, Mr DonLexy...Can you do the Job? Can You risk taking a bullet in your head for 37,000 naira monthly?
Can you do the job knowing that if you die in battle, your corpse will be left to rot instead of given a proper burial?
Can you do the job knowing that the same people you are trying to protect will logon to Nairaland to curse you out?
Can you do the job holding and AK47 with few bullets and going up against an enemy you were NOT trained to handle who have better weaponry and high motivation?
Can you do the job knowing you are not loved by the enemy or the populace you protect?

Can you?

If you can't, then please shut the fucck up and show some respect.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 11:59am On May 10, 2013
cramjones:

You must be very STUPID!!!! So if the morgue is full a corpse should be thrown out to accomodate a soldier of police man! You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to justify this shameful, unprofessional agbero men! Idiiot!!!!!!

Yes room must be made.By anymeans possible. Even if it means cremating other bodies.

Let me remind you that Boko Haram have explicitly shown that they are against anything western, including education and medicine.

Withdraw these police officers and watch what happens to those doctors...

Can't you bastards be grateful for once?

Show some respect to people who died protecting YOU
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by livingstoneony(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2013

realax abeg that does not justify their actions.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 10, 2013
livingstoneony: realax abeg that does not justify their actions.
I am not justifying it -Just stating reality.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by muktarmtt(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2013

Shut d Bleep up u didn't eng dnt u hear dat dere is no vacancy 4 death body wat Bleep d u want dem 2 do bring dem out nd put dere onw

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by BCIEKano(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2013
This is really serious.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by chaloner(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

You are clearly an unintelligent specimen, who in his haste to exhibit his intellectual deficiency,has failed to see that he has answered his own question!

They did not choose to be posted to Maiduguri. They did not choose to be on the frontline facing Boko Haram.

But they do. The put their lives on the line everyday. And they are killed in their hundreds.

Why?

I'm back, after going through your post below, I can only say...YOU ARE NOT NORMAL , let me not use the word insane.... If they feel they are doin this so called charity job voluntarily , I believe they still have the chance to resign or opt-out... If everybody start start behaving as they do in this country , did u think you wil b there typin and quoting nonsense ......u wan me to clap for you....go and receive Applause from the dead. I wish human right will come into this then you will go and tell them that d reason they killed innocent people is because Their payment is too poor , they re doin charity work, nd ur last useless statement " they risk Their life for useless U!"

You can only imagine what is going through the head of a man, who is paid less than CORPERS,seeing his colleague's head get blown off, and then seeing his colleagues body not recieving the respect and care he deserves.

Can You do the JOB?

Can you even risk your life for your close friends/family, talk less of a Nation of disgusting and ungrateful sons of cannibals like yourself?

Idiot.

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by hardbody: 12:10pm On May 10, 2013
Haa, i came late oo. Let me call my uncle who is a consultant in that hospital. When them no go hear word, come home and get a job in other hospitals he wont hear. Make i call am joor, i dey come back....
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by donLEXY(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I am not a police officer, and judging from your write up I suspect I am far more educated than you can ever hope to be, but that is a differnt story.

Now I ask you, Mr DonLexy...Can you do the Job? Can You risk taking a bullet in your head for 37,000 naira monthly?
Can you do the job knowing that if you die in battle, your corpse will be left to rot instead of given a proper burial?
Can you do the job knowing that the same people you are trying to protect will logon to Nairaland to curse you out?
Can you do the job holding and AK47 with few bullets and going up against an enemy you were NOT trained to handle who have better weaponry and high motivation?
Can you do the job knowing you are not loved by the enemy or the populace you protect?

Can you?

If you can't, then please shut the fucck up and show some respect.

My oat is to treat anyone coming into the med house the same way irrespective of their social standard.... I knew their is something called police officer B4 I decided to choose life saving as a profession, the officers knew about life saving B4 deciding on going for life/property protecting, can they do my job? NO they can't and NO I can't (I said that cos I'm not into it) they all(including you) need to know the rules of an organization B4 assuming the duty of a judge.....

1 Like

Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by IYANGBALI: 12:17pm On May 10, 2013

I guess you read the story upside down
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by nijanigga: 12:23pm On May 10, 2013

Why do some Nigerians think like a goat? what do you want the hospital authorities to do, they told them the morgue is full? Instead of attacking the doctors go and attack corrupt politicians looting the nation's treasury.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by theripper3: 12:23pm On May 10, 2013
In the words of a policeman I met in Omoku, rivers state. "When I dey protect una, who dey protect my family, I just dey come from Kaduna now, and thieves don rob my house with my wife and 2kids twice". Who I wan report to?
Joining the Nigerian police is one of the most dehumanizing jobs ever, from the filth where they caged for training to when they become target practice for maniacal Jihadists, armed villagers and robbers and no hope of pension after active service. These things drive these men to inexplicable heights. No wonder they are very rash and impetuous most times. They have been stripped of dignity. Not respected by the people they are to protect and used willing as shooting ducks by the government. Not absolving them of any wrong doing but the Nigerian Police should be treated better by the populace and Government
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by zyxxx(f): 12:40pm On May 10, 2013
@jackbauersballs, I don't think a job commands any respect. It is the individual. Any individual that does his or her job well shall deserve respect. Even the shoemaker by d roadside. Every job is accepted with full knowledge of what it entails. It is not by force.I know that it can be because "na condition make crayfish bend", but still no be by force. It is still a choice you made. A lot of Nigerians are so egocentric. You must respect me because I do so and so, because I have this and this in •̸ϞƔ‎​‎​‎​ bank account. It is just sad. Ok, d police have vexed abi, so what happened to their dead colleagues? Are D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ now in the morgue........please Nigerians do not let our emotions overrule us. The police have vex, the doctors have vex, d family of d unattended patients in d hospital will be vexing see how d vicious circle continues......It is well with our soul. The change starts with you.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by wallosky: 12:41pm On May 10, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Why?

Can You do the JOB?

Idiot.

Now i know why the country will never move forward, where everything is based on sentiment. It is sad that a lot of police officers were shot and we all know the police take a lot of risk to protect life and property. The doctors and medical staff also work under most unacceptable condition to save live too in Nigeria...you can take a time and visit the nearest hospital around you. The story is simple the morgue is full i don't know if they should now carry the corpse on their head because police men are involve...and which of the corpse do want them to cremate? They were shooting and rioting? when the army men can how come they stopped..."abi once they see unarmed civilian their testosterone go dey make them feel restless"...Abeg make we hear
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by bornosheikh: 12:46pm On May 10, 2013
We are crying please and please remove those igbo soldiers who have no respect for hausas, they kill us without thinking twice and commandeer our sisters and daughters.

Hate begets hate my broda. My advice for you is to move from Maiduguri. We had to leave the East after seeing your soldier brodas waylay our kith and kin daily at roadblocks, motorways. Nigeria is just a nigger area unfortunately.
Re: Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff by steffans(m): 1:06pm On May 10, 2013
Why wunt dey go and do Same to BH Boys...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage / Buhari, Baru Have Made NNPC Worse: PUNCH / Atiku Sends Condolence Message To Nigerian Army Over The Recent Loss Of Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.