Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book (429 Views)

Just-In:Video Claims Attack On Shiite Hussainiyyah Before Road Block, Unprovoked / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by phoneport(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2013
The Police High Command has condemned today’s “unprovoked and brutal” killing
of scores of policemen who were on legitimate assignment in Nasarawa State. According to the police command in that state, 23 officers were killed and 17 declared
missing, when they went to Elakyo, near Lafia, the State capital, to arrest some Ombatse
leaders following reports they were embarking on forced religious conversions. “This disturbing, condemnable and highly distressing incident, coming closely after similar
ones in Bayelsa and Borno States, have thrown up new and emerging threat in the part of
policing our country,” Police spokesman Frank E. Mba said in a statement, adding that the
attack is not just on the Nigeria police, but an attack on the collective will of Nigerians to
protect and preserve our dear fatherland. “Consequently, the IGP has directed all its field commanders and Special Units including
Assistant Inspectors-General of Police and Commissioners of Police to harness all it
resources available within their domain in ensuring that this reign of terror and lawlessness
is brought to an end.” He affirmed that the police, working in conjunction with all positive minded Nigerians, will do
everything within it powers to fish out and bring to book all those involved in this and other
similar killing of law enforcement agents. “We must put an end to this endless circle of impunity,” the statement said.

SOURCE:
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/unprovoked-killing-policemen-igp-vows-bring-perpetrators-book

Re: Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by phoneport(m): 6:30am On May 10, 2013
Though I don't really like the Nigerian police force, but I think these outright killings of our brothers, nephews, fathers who decided to join the force is one too many.
What can we all do?
Because I tell you if this trend continues, everything will fall finally apart.

All the same let us ask this IG or AIG wanting to bring the perpetrators to book.
HOW MANY HAVE THEY BEEN ABLE TO CHACTH SINCE The case of Dele Giwa?
I only see this as their lansence to arrest and kill more innocent people.
Re: Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by slap1(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2013
The hunter is now the hunted. The fact that the late officers were someone's best friends, lovers, fathers, etc, is the only reason I spare a thought for them. Otherwise, I say good riddance, because the Nigerian policeman, on a normal day, is worst than an armed robber.
Re: Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On May 10, 2013
sir you need to rest (you've tried your best though)..

I can imagine the pain in the heart of innocent children & widows right now... sad
so sad, we treat the police men like people without families.

BUT in my opinion, I would suggest a collaboration between the Nigerian Police, Civil defence squad & the Nigerian army.
The thought of been killed is enough reason to overcome the up coming police officers.. as we do not really know what killed them... (JUJU, black magic, gun or cutlass)

1 Like

Re: Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by Dreal1247: 7:07am On May 10, 2013
Really pathetie. Someone left home in the morning for service to the father's land. Only for the family to receive the message that he has been murdered. I think they have to declare a state of emergency in that community. Some parts of this country are trying to prove that they are already a republic.
Re: Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by Zulele: 7:07am On May 10, 2013
What book?
Re: Unprovoked Killing Of Policemen: IGP Vows To Bringperpetrators To Book by Phame: 7:09am On May 10, 2013
I can see policemen holding gunz in the picture. Where were these gunz when the the traditionalist used machettes to annihilate 95 of their men?

Bringing who to book? That book wey nor de full. I
Foresee ammnesty for the perpetrators of this act.

Fawking bribe takers!

(1) (Reply)

MASSOB Members Face Felony Charge / Our Effort Towards Stemming Child Trafficking - Abia CP / Asking Jonathan To Resign Is Ignorance – Tukur Chides Opposition Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.