Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap (25310 Views)

MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / Code For Checking Airtel Blackberry Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 11, 2013
Inik: I don't know why Glo and etisalat networks cannot see the commercial viability of granting access for their bis plans to be used on android, iphones and pcs. Airtel and mtn are making lots of money from non bb users who subscribe to bis plans for use on non bb devices.

Let me tell you the problem with doing that. In Nigeria, na every tom dick and harry dey use bb. Even the boli seller for corner now dey hold curve 2 and guess what she uses it for? To check facebook, yahoo and ping. Dazall!!! Many bb users are not heavy users except of cause guys like me who represent a small minority. But must people using S3, Iphone 5s, galaxy tabs are all heavy users. Techies to be precise and the kind of apps that exist on android ehn, I swear their network go run down. Imagine having the opportunity of downloading torrents on ur android or streaming live tv. Android get apps I swear and if bis unlimited starts working on android fones, I swear I will port to android str8.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by samir101ng(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2013
Glo Bleep up big time now. Have already migrated my BIS subscription to Airtel. Have been using glo BIS for over 2yrs but when they reduced the caps, I saw no need for staying with them as Airtel has 3G service in Yola. Been streaming videos and downloading apps & songs faster since. Might check back sha after the expiry of the subscription. Am sure Glo saw a massive reduction in their BIS subscriptions & superior competition form Etisalat & Airtel. Competition good o.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by 2sizzlin(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2013
has any 1 tried it to be sure?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by adorabletun: 6:01pm On May 11, 2013
i tried using mobile hotspot before they changed it and it redirected me to there site where i would data bundle. is it still same?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 11, 2013
Yeah! The browsing experience has been fabulous since I renewed my BB subscription. Glo Rule Your World.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by adorabletun: 6:05pm On May 11, 2013
enm: etisalat work on android.

etisalat would only work on android if you connect using mobile hotspot from your blackbery. Glo really sucks tongue
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 6:31pm On May 11, 2013
enm: guy sorry.

a friends of mine subscribe to etisalat unlimited 3 days ago on an android phone tecno D5 but when I asked him for the code to post here he said he has been denied access to the service.

so am sorry
Really? They should come out plain na.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by terenzo: 6:51pm On May 11, 2013
i will appreciate if you tell us weda the etisalate biz works on android oo
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by onuwaje(m): 6:52pm On May 11, 2013
I'll give glo a rethink cos glo really made me lose interest in them big time... #etisalat on my mind
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by leTrizzle: 6:55pm On May 11, 2013
Na them sabi,porting to eti with my glo line,its cheaper,unlimited and call friendly.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by grandoworld: 7:19pm On May 11, 2013
Hmm
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Ninilowo(m): 7:21pm On May 11, 2013
It is true. I checked my COWEEK and I am having 687mb
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by tivta(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2013
Its a little too late and still expensive compared to other networks. I taught glo always challenged Mtn when it comes to price? 1400 for 3GB, restricted to only blackberry services without being able to stream videos? where as mtn offers 2GB for either weekly or monthly bis at 499 or 1000 and supports video streaming. People who use glo for bis must love to waste money, even if it is only pinging you do mtn still offers a cheaper rate. My advice is use glo ONLY when mtn service is poor at your location.

1 Like

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by apacheguy: 8:02pm On May 11, 2013
12 inches!:

Let me tell you the problem with doing that. In Nigeria, na every tom dick and harry dey use bb. Even the boli seller for corner now dey hold curve 2 and guess what she uses it for? To check facebook, yahoo and ping. Dazall!!! Many bb users are not heavy users except of cause guys like me who represent a small minority. But must people using S3, Iphone 5s, galaxy tabs are all heavy users. Techies to be precise and the kind of apps that exist on android ehn, I swear their network go run down. Imagine having the opportunity of downloading torrents on ur android or streaming live tv. Android get apps I swear and if bis unlimited starts working on android fones, I swear I will port to android str8.
You really make lots of senses,your analysis re on point
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Paschal007: 8:04pm On May 11, 2013
Amusaopeyemi:
Try the hard reset thing or call d call centre to talk 2 a geek, I hope ur blackberry make is nt verizon sha?
what's wrong with Verizon bb?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by anitank(f): 8:10pm On May 11, 2013
can i use the data for mobile hotspoting?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 11, 2013
Silly glo. Just when I was about to port out.

For those asking whether they can use their subscription on pc or not, the answer is yes. I've been doing this for @3months now, one of the reasons I've stayed with them despite the slash in data cap. Besides that it's pretty stable in my area
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by leTrizzle: 8:21pm On May 11, 2013
Unique!:
Silly glo. Just when I was about to port out.

For those asking whether they can use their subscription on pc or not, the answer is yes. I've been doing this for @3months now, one of the reasons I've stayed with them despite the slash in data cap. Besides that it's pretty stable in my area
pls how can one go about it?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by larryjayz: 8:52pm On May 11, 2013
overdrive: Too late I don port go etisalat 1k for 1mnth unlimited data cap and unlimited downloads.
pls tell me ure joking!
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 11, 2013
Frostyzone: I don't need it. Why should I, when I browse unlimited with mtn bbc weekly subscription which is only 500 naira btw.

And oh yes! it works on both pc and android.

Suck it Glo users!

yeah man. just tried it and its blazing
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 11, 2013
whats the android bis experience like on mtn. is it unlimited browsing on android?

1 Like

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by supersonic(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2013
Etisalat BIS,does it work on Android? I beg tell us bro
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 11, 2013
Glo dey craze, you can't download more than 15mb at once of Glo bis. Bastard pple
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by apocalypso: 10:49pm On May 11, 2013
I am still waiting when BIS subscription will be N300...
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by tokitolu(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2013
overdrive: Too late I don port go etisalat 1k for 1mnth unlimited data cap and unlimited downloads.
Pls how do you get unlimited on Etisalat for 1k ? Thanks.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by skotch(m): 11:21pm On May 11, 2013
Inik: I don't know why Glo and etisalat networks cannot see the commercial viability of granting access for their bis plans to be used on android, iphones and pcs. Airtel and mtn are making lots of money from non bb users who subscribe to bis plans for use on non bb devices.
Bro pls, how do I use mtn's bis plan on an android device?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 11, 2013
why dem no go return am?? When their subscribers don they port.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 11, 2013
Obiagelli: Glo dey craze, you can't download more than 15mb at once of Glo bis. Bastard pple
choi! U dey vex o
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by skotch(m): 11:23pm On May 11, 2013
Frostyzone: I don't need it. Why should I, when I browse unlimited with mtn bbc weekly subscription which is only 500 naira btw.

And oh yes! it works on both pc and android.

Suck it Glo users!
How do I configure it on android phones?....I mean Mtn's bis
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Wadosky(m): 4:16am On May 12, 2013
Their website says unlimited

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 6:15am On May 12, 2013
Wadosky: Their website says unlimited
I visited yesterday and it was still 700MB, 900MB and 3GB. Does that means they've updated it again? I will check now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A52 Review: Perfect Affordable Midrange! / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones / My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.