Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? (31677 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Cawley: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2008
Hi all. I am looking into information on living in naija. Which part of Lagos to be precise is the safest In terms of robbers etc. What area of the city is most peaceful as well, I don't want to have to step out of my crib and be privy to market sounds and the like. All responses are welcome especially from those of you who live in Naija, especially in lag. Thanks.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by terryboob(m): 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2008
precisely aint got a clue ,but i got a family livin in ogudu gra i can help to make an enquiries
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by SamMilla1(m): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2008
hey, i think Lekki, is very safe for now unless things will change later,
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by dee02(m): 10:48pm On Apr 19, 2008
Anywhere u move to doesnt gaurantee u would be safe
Nah prayers and make God they your side my friend
If u live in lekki, ajah or VI, u may still need to drive to areas with a heavy robbery/crime rate
But the upscale areas seems to have a lower crime rate so target areas like lekki, ikoyi, VI and possibly Magodo!
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by mi3(f): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2008
lagos has safe areas?? *shakes head in disbelief*

lolz, im terrified of Lagos, but Lagos people keep tellin me PH is scary, what figures huh?
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by damola1: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2008
Rule 1: Never live in a place where you will be easily pointed marked.

Oshodi, Ajegunle, Agege are all safe places, however, imagine someone riding a s-class there,

2. However, depending on your affordability and taste, you can find places like Ikeja GRA, Adeniyi Jones( has about 12 tight estates, went to one that had up to 3 security gates before I got to where i was going), Magodo, etc, 

3. Depending on where you intend to work you can make your choice.

Meanwhile, don't allow anyone scare you, Lagos like NY has its up and downs, and I welcome you back home.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by lucabrasi(m): 11:08pm On Apr 19, 2008
damola1:

Rule 1: Never live in a place where you will be easily pointed marked.

Oshodi, Ajegunle, Agege are all safe places, however, imagine someone riding a s-class there,

2. However, depending on your affordability and taste, you can find places like Ikeja GRA, Adeniyi Jones( has about 12 tight estates, went to one that had up to 3 security gates before I got to where i was going), Magodo, etc,

3. Depending on where you intend to work you can make your choice.

Meanwhile, don't allow anyone scare you, Lagos like NY has its up and downs, and I welcome you back home.

nice one totally agree,always lived in ikeaj gra and i dont feel like its that safe though unles you r on about private estates pls explain cause im in the same dilema with the poster
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by dandollar1: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2008
no where is safe!
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by damola1: 11:20pm On Apr 19, 2008
I will only reapeat the same things:

i. Your budget talks, like that place I visted with 3 security, I think it's akora estate or something, I actually went to inspect an apartment, they didn't shift from 750k per annum for a 3bedroom flat, which totalled about: 1.8M for 2yrs including the 20% blah blah blah, thats about : 15,000USD!, 

2. What are other major factors you are considering, could be nearness to extended family or even distance from them, where you wish to work, could be VI, could be Ikeja,

3. Don't forget the rule, it'll cost a bit more because it don't come cheap, but it's better to use a brand new toyota in a place where your neighbours are using a brand new mercedez, it makes you less a target, in case there's one rather than use a brand new toyota when the biggest boy on the street uses a 1996 tokunbo camry, however, most of these estates provide their own security, quite serious ones these days.

A place like Magodo, the police station is near them, in fact, the okada man I spoke to earlier in the day made me understand there's no way armed robbers can get away there at night , they can only try in the day.

All of this come into place for a final decision.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 20, 2008
VGC lekki is the safest in my opinion, at least u dont have to worry about armed robbers coming to ur house at vgc since entry in and out of the community is monitored, somewhat. maybe VI and Ikoyi also but i think ikoyi is becoming more of a commercial than residential area,
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 20, 2008
@ poster,

i will advice you to go and find enquires at AL-SHONNY's Place also known as shonibare estate along mobolaji bank-anthony oad at GRA ikeja, its a quite environment and very safe, most of all these multinational companies executives like the MD of Guinness Nig PLC, Pilots of Virgin Nigeria, and so many others reside there, try that and you wont regret taking that decision.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by picaro(f): 4:27am On Apr 20, 2008
fact is, aint no safe place in lag. if buses arent after u, cars are, bikes too! wheezing hither and thither. thieves and bandits, rogues and punks, dirty environment, gaseous-polluted-poisonus air, everything. the safest place is on ur bed. man, even bandits can reach u there!
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by 9ja4eva: 4:54am On Apr 20, 2008
Island maybe,
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by outlaws(m): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2008
cool

No place is safe
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by showbobo(m): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2008
Badagry/Agbara,These areas are more than safe.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by nazzyon(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2008
My area

We have been Robbed twice sha.

Once was on the Democratic Independent Day 2005

Second, March this year.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2008
CAN SOMEONE PLS TELL ME WHAT THE HOTTEST SONG IN NIGERIA IS. PEOPLE ARE IN LOVE WITH GONGO ASO AND YAHOZEE IN THE US. THE DANCE IS AWESOME, MENNNN, MISS NAIJA!
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by igbonla(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2008
You will also need daily dose of God's miracle and a bullet-proof vehicle when you've gotten the accommodation in a safe place.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by pappilo(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2008
Try Akowonjo area, near the Dopemu axis it is relative safe around there. I live there and have had no problems whatsoever. Sabo Ajangbadi in Okoko is another option. Like earlier posted, it depends on a number of factors, like where you work, family e.t.c. Also keep a profile that is commensurate with the area you live in.

cheers
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by xplicit2(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2008
no place is safe in Lagos
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by babakura(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2008
No where is safe I tell y'all
if u can afford 1.8M per annum then good for ya , if you can't afford think of ogba , ojodu , Ketu(some areas), depending on where u work ,
if u work on d island Lekki, ajah surulere yaba Ebute metta are good to live in due to proximity n minimal hold ups

Cheers hope u all had a great weekend
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by ogasnow: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2008
:oShine ur eye well my guy, u cant control safety. Big boys rob anywhere even opposite police stations and military barracks. Actually, no where is too safe in lagos. Any bloody hood can be hit by the big boys at any bloody time. If I were u, I'd concern myself more on managing traffic jamz. The traffic snarls in the metropolis these days are sick. Hence I'd settle for an area that provides me more options in beating traffic and gives me connectivity to so many other areas. A suggestion would Akoka. I schooled there so I know wats up. or any other place on mainland Lagos. Stay away from Isolo-Ejigbo-Ikotun. No be only armed robber dey make Lagos tire person. Get yourself stuck in an area with bleeped up traffic and u r finished. Peace.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by dnative(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2008
No where is really safe in Lagos. Think of it, if armed robbers could dare go to rob a bank, not at night but in broad daylight in heavily built up areas, it would be foolhardy to think that any residential area could be safe.

@Seun - I think a Crime section on nairaland would be quite useful. Let people narrate their local experiences, give tips, raise awareness about crime etc.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by bluehorizo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2008
@Poster

What you need is to be security conscious.Live a low key life. Invest in security. Alarm,5 or more Brutal DOGS. Cameras and also you can get AK47/Pump Action with enough rounds of ammunition. it is your life and you must be battle ready to safe it. Peace and be safe.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by angeleses: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2008
its like asking me which area of New York is safe.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by mdCEO(m): 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2008
OGUDU GRA,LAGOS.been here for 8 years,no wahala.good security,infact most GRA s are now understudying our security set up here,but God is the ultimate security anyway,so safety is a relative thing, grin
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2008
Essentially where ever u stay can only be as safe as u make it, cool

Do whatever u can within ur reach to keep ur self safe. undecided

They say "The First Rule in Life is Self Preservation"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley

Best Wishes.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by chrisoml(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2008
Magodo!!! at least for now its safe, but don't know about tomorrow
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by websmillio(m): 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2008
Rubber sandals, a worn out Tshirt and shorts. A Casio black strap watch. Move any where nobody will care for you.
Put funky dress, shoes wrist watch, chains - Oh your brothers will contact you within 10 minutes.
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by mac2pp: 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2008
i for one live in ikorodu dat is the surburb of lagos. its very safe and more son the electricity around there is quite stable
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2008
Maitama - Abuja was a safe place when i Lived there. Lots of Embassy, beautiful gardens and awesome environment. I cant remember the Name of the cresent. But there was a Mobile Police Detactment everly around. Yeah they know they are there to protect you, but a few Extra Cash will surely make them more vigilant and further ensure your security. - < Not that am encouraging Bribery>
Re: What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? by bluehorizo(m): 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2008
@Lasisi

Is Maitama in Lagos? Keep to the topic which is Lagos and bribery is a crime when caught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bonny Island? What Is It Like? / Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) / A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.