Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) (1656 Views)

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by ebamma(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2013
i woke up this morning, trying to catch up with latest news in nigeria, when i came across this thread.www.nairaland.com/1286629/northern-population-fraud---asari-dokubo.
Where the ex militant asari dokubo said that norths population figures are exaggerated
Mr dokubo norths population ain't a fraud, the population of northern nigeria is three to four times the population of the south.
Majority of hausa girls of 15 to 16yrs old are married women, whereas majority of igbo or ijaw southern women are still in school at that age, and marry when the are in their late twenties or early 30's.
By the time an igbo woman who married at 26 or 30yrs of age has a child, the hausa girl who married at 16 or 17yrs of age has already had more than 5 children. You can do the maths if it involves just 1000 hausa women to 1000 igbo or ijaw women.
Another factor is the polygamy factor a middle class hausa man can marry upto 4 wives according to his religion's decree, whereas an igbo or ijaw man is okay with one wife,
Another factor is bride price, a hausa man can do a small marriage of 100 to 200k, which makes it affordable to many hausamen to marry,
So putting all this factor together, i can proudly tell u that north's population is higher than the south's, Mr Asari Dokubo i hope u are reading this.

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by Nobody: 9:22am On May 11, 2013
ebamma: i woke up this morning, trying to catch up with latest news in nigeria, when i came across this thread.www.nairaland.com/1286629/northern-population-fraud---asari-dokubo.
Where the ex militants asari dokubo said that norths population figures are exaggerated
Mr dokubo norths population ain't a fraud, the population of northern nigeria is three to four times the population of the south.
Majority of hausa girls of 15 to 16yrs old are a married women, whereas majority of igbo or ijaw southern women are still in school at that age, and marry when the are in their late twenties or early 30's.
By the time an igbo woman who married at 26 or 30yrs of age has a child, the hausa girl who married at 16 or 17yrs of age has already had more than 5 children. You can do the maths if it involves just 1000 hausa women to 1000 igbo or ijaw women.
Another factor is the polygamy factor a middle class hausa man can marry upto 4 wives according to his religion's decree, whereas an igbo or ijaw man is okay with one wife,
Another factor is bride price, a hausa man can do a small marriage of 100 to 200k, which makes it affordable to many hausamen to marry,
So putting all this factor together, i can proudly tell u that north's population is higher than the south's, Mr Asari Dokubo i hope u are reading this.

Ruse ...

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by Nobody: 10:34am On May 11, 2013
Can someone move this crap to Jokes section? What a way to crack my ribs on this wet Saturday morning. grin

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by idumuose(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2013
Bro from wht I read on yur thread, Ɣ☺u appeared
To b a decent fellow. Ɣ☺u made yur point quite
Clear while not being abusive and biased.Thanks
Bro.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by MeAboki(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2013
berem: Can someone move this crap to Jokes section? What a way to crack my ribs on this wet Saturday morning. grin

Why didn't they crack when Mr Dokubo spewed out his nonsensical tripe, oh let me guess, it wasn't as funny as this one, eh?
Like it or not the poster did posit some credible factors to his position, the least you could do was try to address them by refuting them with reasons if you disagree.

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by dulaman: 11:02am On May 11, 2013
You dint even add the population of igbos and other tribes doing business there compared to the northners doing busines south.

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by boron10(m): 11:45am On May 11, 2013
You fail to consider the mortality rate in the north

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by OmoTier1(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2013
Well, I really cannot fault the OP's submission and indeed, like most regions of the world where Arabs live, the population is always high for reasons mainly attributed to high birth rate.

Also, people forget that when Northern population is mentioned, it does not necessarily mean those people hail from Northern Nigeria, rather, these are individuals who reside in Northern Nigeria and by all intent and purpose, these figures are usually estimates.

So long as TRUE population head count is still eluding the country, We may never know the true population of either the northern or southern Nigeria.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by dirifred(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2013
ebamma: i woke up this morning, trying to catch up with latest news in nigeria, when i came across this thread.www.nairaland.com/1286629/northern-population-fraud---asari-dokubo.
Where the ex militants asari dokubo said that norths population figures are exaggerated
Majority of hausa girls of 15 to 16yrs old are a married women, whereas majority of igbo or ijaw southern women are still in school at that age, and marry when the are in their late twenties or early 30's.

you carefully avoided Infant mortality which is very high as a result of no care(Almajeri),
Women dying during and after child-birth because they are not mature enough for child-birth
poverty and malnutrition killing them like they have no leaders,
wide spread of diseases among others
if northern leader are not scared of our true data and population, they will allow biometric sensus.
they will also allow the indication of religion on the sesus data.
Also my dear brother, with love in my heart i advice you dig deep for information so you can make informed statements
But you and I know that they are too scared to allow that, thats where they claim their non-existent political strenght
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by Dede1(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2013
Nigerians are very funny group of people. It amazes me how they get bogged down with symptoms instead of the causes of the problem. Nigeria as an entity is the problem of Nigerians. Nigeria is a compound fraud that must be destroyed.

If I have my Republic of Igbo land as nation, I should not give a ratazz if Islamic Republic of Sokoto Caliphate is 1billon in population.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by habumaks(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2013
The poster listed reasons for his assertion. If one disagrees with him it is better he counters these factors rather just saying its a lie.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by MeAboki(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2013
The figures may be inaccurate (exaggerated for all the regions not just north like they all rig in elections)for reasons of corruption or ineptitude; but bottom line no one can convince me that the south out populates the the north as evidenced by independent reports and simple common sense i.e. rate of growth between north and south cannot be the same and remain at the same ratio unchanged from 1963 to date.

Let me also apply another common sense in the following questions to those who may wish to consider them.
1) If the south is more populous than north, then why are southerners afraid of free and fair elections based entirely on the principle of simple majority (after all politics is a game of numbers?)
2) Why are southerners happy and instigating division of the northern bloc between mb and core north?
3) Why did southerners usher in the concept of geopolitical zones?
4) Why did southerners insist on rotational presidency, why not leave it to the most popular candidate?

Yeah, if southerners are more populated then why above maneuvers of by hook or by crook to ensure the presidency reaches the south?
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by ganye1: 2:21pm On May 11, 2013
dirifred:

you carefully avoided Infant mortality which is very high as a result of no care(Almajeri),
Women dying during and after child-birth because they are not mature enough for child-birth
poverty and malnutrition killing them like they have no leaders,
wide spread of diseases among others
if northern leader are not scared of our true data and population, they will allow biometric sensus.
they will also allow the indication of religion on the sesus data.
Also my dear brother, with love in my heart i advice you dig deep for information so you can make informed statements
But you and I know that they are too scared to allow that, thats where they claim their non-existent political strenght
If I am not mistaken the last census was Conducted by Obasanjo, a southern Christian, so blame him don't blame northerners for the not including religion and tribe on the questioner. Don't forget that finger prints were captured during the 2006 census.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by asorocker: 6:53pm On May 11, 2013
The north and their Population Magic, i am yet to be convinced of how the whole of Bauchi can be considered more populous than Plateau or even jos.
if Nigeria does not break by 2015 then the Nigerian constitution should be amended so that the more populous a group is the more tax that should be expected from them and not the other way round
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by Abagworo(m): 7:04pm On May 11, 2013
More people definitely live in the North. Maybe if what we are discussing is place of origin, then we might get something different. Lagos "place of origin"(native) population might not exceed 500k while those living in Lagos are up to 10million.

I believe that if ethnicity is included, then the South could be heading for the top but as long as census is based on residence, the North is a far majority.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by LUVTB(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2013
Where the ex militant asari dokubo said that norths population figures are exaggerated
Majority of hausa girls of 15 to 16yrs old are married women, whereas majority of igbo or ijaw southern women are still in school at that age, and marry when the are in their late twenties or early 30's.
Please Seun remove this crap from front page because the OP analysis has no basic. If what the OP said is true than Niger and Chad should have been the most populated in the world because both of them are muslim countries with same factor applied to Northern Nigeria
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by Abagworo(m): 7:34pm On May 11, 2013
LUVTB:
Please Seun remove this crap from front page because the OP analysis has no basic. If what the OP said is true than Niger and Chad should have been the most populated in the world because both of them are muslim countries with same factor applied to Northern Nigeria

Niger and Chad are deserts with little Savanna while Northern Nigeria is mainly savanna with very little desert. I suspect most people know little or no basic geography here.

1 Like

Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by bombay: 7:53pm On May 11, 2013
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself".

- Lord Lugard in a Letter to his colleague, Walter H. Lang on September 25, 1918.

“Under the circumstances of what has been happening in Plateau State, some people just have to die……Any society that refuses to be just and fair shall become a jungle where only jungle justice shall operate……… Indeed, majority of our killings were carried out in areas where there was strong government presence.”

Mallam Sale Bayero, Fulani leader and secretary Sultan’s Farmer/Cattle Rearers Conflict Committee boasting as he justified the massacre of the Birom people while protesting the arrest of the Fulani murderers in Plateau State of Nigeria, quoted in THE SUN NEWS of Friday, March 12, 2010

Dan Fodio
Some time towards the middle of the second decade of the 1800s (1815 AD or thereabout), Uthman Dan Fodio was reported to have had a scary dream about his Sultanate empire that he had just built. This dream was said to have saddened him that the empire he had spilled so much blood to build would only lasted 200 years. As a courageous warrior that he was, Dan Fodio was reported to have summoned the will to interpret the dream make this prediction abouthe future of his Empire.

According to informed sources as reported by Adewale Adeoye in The Nation of March 14, 2010, this fear of the realization of Dan Fodio’s dream was what informed the hurried movement of the Capital of Nigeria from Lagos to Abuja. The report said inter alia:

“The source hinted that in the 1970s, Northern leaders of Fulani extraction had met and resolved that the capital of Nigeria be moved from Lagos to Abuja, in anticipation of the prophecy of late Uthman Dan Fodio. He said the meeting was

propelled by the dream the then Sultan of Sokoto had that he saw his offsprings, in years to come, being requested to obtain visa permits before entering the Southern part of the country….”

There are a number of deductions that could be made from the above:

a) That the entire Nigeria was and is still regarded as part of the Sultanate Empire of Uthman Dan Fodio.

b) That this is why the Fulani have been exuding this arrogant attitude permeated with the “BORN TO RULE” mentality.

c) That this is why they have always ruled Nigeria as if we are in the middle ages and consider the wealth of Nigeria as theirs to dispense as they see fit.

d) That the recent liberation struggles in Birom, Niger Delta, and the rest of the South, west or east is being seen as the beginning of the end of the Sultanate Empire by the Fulani people

e) That the Fulani people have been scheming and preparing to get ready for when they would leave or be chased out of Nigeria.

It is this writer’s view that there is nothing wrong if the Fulani have to pull out of Nigeria to sustain and maintain the remnant of their Sultanate Empire. It would definitely serve all concerned very well. But this writer is not convinced that the Fulani would let go very easily, regardless of their palpitation about the dreams of Uthman Dan Fodio. They are going to fight hard. Anyone familiar with their trickery and how they subdued all the fledgling Hausa States one after the other, using Hausa masses against their kings would agree with this writer.

To this extent, I disagree with Lord Lugard that the Fulani (let us leave the Hausa ethnic nationality out for now), “has no ambition.” The Fulani has ambitions and great ones at that. The Fulani ambition is to always rule others whether they (Fulani) have the capacity to do so or not. The Fulani liked and still likes his empires, at least that of Uthman Dan Fodio has been in place before Lord Lugard ever was born.

It is this inherent ambition that forced the Fulani to develop the methodology to use religion to mobilize the Hausa critical mass against their own Hausa rulers and replaced them with blue-blooded turban-carrying Fulani rulers as Emirs across what used to be Hausa kingdoms. As time goes on, the Fulani sought ways to modernize its means of extending the frontiers of the Sultanate and refined its tool that was used against the Hausa Kingdoms in preparation for the conquest of the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

What the Fulani came up with was a different brand of what they did to the Hausa kings and empires. The Fulani concluded that because of cultural and religious factors, it would not be easy to use the critical mass of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to be able to supplant the leaders of these ethnic nationalities. So, the Fulani to sustain its ambition to rule and dominate, cultivated corrupt satellites in every ethnic nationality in Nigeria while politically annihilating the true leaders of other ethnic nationalities.

In 1957, during the heated battles for self government and independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello referred to Nigeria as “The mistake of 1914.” To correct this “mistake” a meticulous plan to dominate the future Nigerian Armed Forces was surreptitiously embarked upon while the British was helping out on the political front manufacturing Parliamentary seats for the North against the South of Nigeria. Thus, barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:

“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

The writer would like readers to pay due attention to the words used by Sir. Bello, in this quote. He used the word “conquer” not "negotiate." Ahmadu Bello executed this desired conquest of the West as he had planned. Though, it backfired temporarily as it consumed him a number of years later, but the Fulani sentries in the Caliphate Armed Forces euphemized as the Nigerian Armed Forces along with its surviving civilian wing have adopted Sir. Ahmadu Bello’s method of propping up political, economic and religious satellites in all ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to be able to maintain control from Abuja, Sokoto and or Gobir, the birthplace of Uthman Dan Fodio.

It would be alright, if the Fulani could live with others as others are willing and prepared to live with them in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa, at least. In Nigeria, there has been more than 100years of evidence that various ethnic Nationalities have accommodated, loved respected and cared for the Fulani in their midst. There are abundant evidence that the Fulani have been treated as fellow human beings and accorded the same rights that the host have always enjoyed.

But it is very unfortunate that the Fulani has not had the same “live and let live” approach to other ethnic Nationalities in Nigeria. The Fulani concept of living is that others have to die, so that the Fulani may live. As far as the Fulani are concerned, other peoples of other ethnic nationalities are second rate slaves to be used, dumped, maimed, Molested or killed for the good of the Fulani man. The Fulani see Nigeria as his great grandfather’s inheritance to be toyed with as he wishes and as he wants. This attitude of Fulani makes him believe that he has to rule wherever he is, regardless of his comparative intelligence and capability to that of his host among other reasons.

Presenting a paper reviewing Paul M. Lewis’ book Ethnologue: Languages of the World, (16th Edition), to a study group in Philadelphia recently, Professor Wola Awoyale, a linguist at the University of Pennsylvania noted that the Fulani are recent immigrants in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Benin Republic, Guinea, Senegal, Niger, Mali and Sudan. The Fulani symbol is turban, flag, alukimba, mosque and book. The Fulani are “a very creative” people who are often very “tight-lipped, silent and secretive” in their approach. They are very “mistrusting, calculating and patient.”

The Fulani are described as “cold blooded and ideological.” They are “ascetic, reclusive and tough-minded.” The Fulani places premium on the role of the mosque in its culture and this is why in all of Nigeria, a Fulani would not be a part of Jamaa (the congregation) where another man of different ethnic stock is leading muslims in prayers.

The Fulani language Fulfude with its variations in Fulah, Pulaar and or Pular are very highly priced. It is their weapon to discuss in secrecy and manipulate and carry out their machinations. The Fulani will freely learn the languages of others as a means of infiltrating them for economic, political and religious advantages while rarely speaking Fulfulde in the presence of others.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by bombay: 8:51pm On May 11, 2013
The events since 1960 flag independence have since confirmed that Nigeria is the estate of Uthman Dan Fodio. Rather than a republic, Nigeria is a sultanate. Efforts of the other ethnic groups especially in the Southern part of the country to be masters of their own destinies have been flagrantly undermined and frustrated using the minorities in the North as the tools over and over.

The statement credited to Ahmadu Bello above was made just 11 days after Nigeria’s so-called independence. Soon after that, the process of taking up the whole country as an estate commenced. In 1962, the Balewa government organized another census “by headcount.” Historical records show that the preliminary results of that exercise gave the South “a clear majority.” A “supplementary count” was “immediately taken in the Northern region that turned up additional 9 million persons” reportedly missed in the first count. The questions are: (1) How could such an exercise miss 9 million persons? (2) How could there be supplementary headcount in one part of the country to the exclusion of the others?

The controversy that trailed that 1962 fraud by Ahmadu Bello and his stooge in Mohammadu Ribadu gave birth to a repeat exercise in 1963. The earlier figures released for the 1963 census was 60.5 millions. But when this was not able to meet the demographic variables it was arbitrarily reduced to 55.6 millions. No scientific or demographic explanation was given as to how that figure was reached. Out of this figure, the North was allotted 29.8 millions and the South 25.8 millions!

In 1973, the Military wing of the Uthman Dan Fodio estate organized another census and came up with 79.8 millions. Out of this, the North was given 51.4 million (over 64%) and the South was given 28.4 millions. This figure means that the Northern population in the throes of the heat radiating arid desert increased in 10 years by almost 70% (that is if we accepted the 1963 census in itself), while the South in the comfort of the rain forest, increased by woeful 5% in the same period of time. Since then they have been creating states and local governments in the North to the disadvantage of the South. They have also been using these states to siphon resources to the North to the disadvantages of the people in the South.
Re: North's Population Figures Is Not A Fraud-(a Reply To Asari Dokubo) by thomasshane: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2019
Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Check out the Roadrunner email login here. You can get a new ISP with Time warner Roadrunner webmail. Try this roadrunner webmail login resource here. Do the roadrunner sign up and login using your details. Thank you once again.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Sacks All Resident Doctors / 2015: Six Northern Groups Merge Against Jonathan / World's Best Nightlife Cities......cnn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.