Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get (26153 Views)

Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes / 10 Most Annoying Behaviours On Planes / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 11, 2013
it depends on the airline and length of the trip.
i used to fly to NY literally every three to four months and because it's only like 1 hour and 30 minutes i would only get snacks, a soda and a coffee. tongue but no seconds! angry

plus the planes were rather small so babies had to remain with their parents even when going to the bathroom. the only time i've seen a child being "babysat" is when they were traveling alone.

other than that the list is pretty accurate.
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 11, 2013
This does not apply to all airlines though grin

1 Like

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 11, 2013
Aeroplane reach Ijagun? Which park dem dey enta am? Hope say conductor no go drag space wif me? Conductor gat drop me for my bus stop o!
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by REVOLUTNIS: 1:36pm On May 11, 2013
Not in Nigeria
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by oses4u(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2013
The only tin i wud appreciate nigeria govt to implement in aviation is the provision of Parachute for every Passenger. Am always scare during turbulence
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2013
Afam4eva: The only thing i need is a life jacket or whatever it's called. I don't wanna die.
afam, u be MUMU! I tot u alwys clain u're intelligent!
Life jacket for inside plane? U wanna float on the sky or wot? grin

Dude, next time, say 'parachute'. Okay?
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2013
oses4u: The only tin i wud appreciate nigeria govt to implement in aviation is the provision of Parachute for every Passenger. Am always scare during turbulence
there's no need for a parachute during turbulence, u need a barfbag! And there's no need to try and form dt u board plane every now and then. Some of us dnt need to. At least not for now. So, stop d nonense!
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by tinnymerit(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2013
They are services render on international flights not on local flights.At least emirate does but dont know of African airlines kenya and odas.

1 Like

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by IYANGBALI: 1:59pm On May 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
What's an OKADA?
it is a local food served in benin,edo state
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by know: 2:14pm On May 11, 2013
hardbody:

Now that must be years ago or an outright lie. Aero does not serve nothing anymore, except of course you flew first class. If you need anything on board, you pay for it. But like I said, when I was compelled to fly business class, they served us with some mini chop chop

I was on an aero Lagos bound flight from Abuja in April and we were served snacks nd drinks onboard free of charge.And it was economy section.Seems,they av resumed in-flight meals once more
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 11, 2013
Who have watched a movie titled "flight plan" lol 9ja flight atendant way keep face like shit go and tell dem to look after ur child go to d bathroom and come back u won't set ur eyes on ur child and d air hostel again
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 11, 2013
Who have watched a movie titled "flight plan" lol 9ja flight atendant way keep face like shit go and tell dem to look after ur child go to d bathroom and come back dats the last time u wud see ur child and d air attendant
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by nwgoziri(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2013
I was xpectin 2 see money on d list....nonsense
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 11, 2013
Not in 9ja ...the last tym I enter arik airways the conductor beat me die just b/cus I no enter wit my 50naira change sad d condutor con push me from sky I con nack for for ground chai arik airways ehn sad the condutor supose to wait mah reach my bus stop b/4 him push me cry #tears drop# sad
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 11, 2013
Nice one. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 11, 2013
Afam4eva: The only thing i need is a life jacket or whatever it's called. I don't wanna die.
you understand grin grin...the only thing I care about is the life jacket and how to open the exit door.
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 11, 2013
SLIDE waxie: afam, u be MUMU! I tot u alwys clain u're intelligent!

na who be mumu? life jackets are usually under the plane seats. I don't think most planes include parachutes because the air hostesses never mention it.

2 Likes

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by NEROSKY(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2013
Thanks alot,,, Anyway,any year am leaving Nigeria for U.S.A , i will get it all cool

1 Like

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by tyosho: 3:17pm On May 11, 2013
Well I can authoritatively tell you that international airlines expressly forbid crew from babysitting for passengers.If you do it,it's at your own peril.Thats because they don't want situations where passengers come back to accuse the crew thereby the airline by extension of harming the baby while they were been babysat.But because babies are soo cute,or the parent wants to visit the toilet or some other reason,,you find crew actually tending to these babies temporarily.But I can tell you that it's against most airlines policy.
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by kunlekunle: 3:23pm On May 11, 2013
~ZN~:
You don't just copy stuff and post them here.

Try any of these on a Nigerian Carrier first. Like boarding a Dana plane and asking to view the cockpit before takeoff. undecided

fear of boko haram
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by justwise(m): 3:32pm On May 11, 2013

Parachute in a commercial airline? How will you set that up in emergency?
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by meforyou1(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2013
Can u get these in aero or arik? Definitely no
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by dnawah(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2013
kayci_d77: Please what about PARACHUTE, Nna menh odikwa very very important esp if you always patronize Diana airways lipsrsealed
what if,the parachute refuse to open?na double wahala.
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 11, 2013
not applicable with nigerian flight. The person who wrote this article isn't even nigerian.
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by dgysoft(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2013
I ve used aero and arikair, the much you get is half filled tiny desposable cup of chivita drink or maltina sipit with a tiny and annoying piece of cake or chim chim, then i think the news paper on your seat is free bc all the time i took it away, and no one complained. no cockpit tour any where in nigeria operated flights period
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by topmostg: 5:53pm On May 11, 2013
thisisayus: Aeroplane reach Ijagun? Which park dem dey enta am? Hope say conductor no go drag space wif me? Conductor gat drop me for my bus stop o!
what the hell is this?
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by topmostg: 5:55pm On May 11, 2013

you be learner.. do you think he didn't know?
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by eyenCalabar(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2013
ItsModella:
na who be mumu? life jackets are usually under the plane seats. I don't think most planes include parachutes because the air hostesses never mention it.

Leave that man alone. He's not even asking himself what if the plane lands on water. For parachute, I think some people may just use it wrongly. Imagine for a little turbulence and one decides to jump out and this is a plane at altitude like 36,000 ft above sea level. You'll just remain in the sky for life because at that altitude, you've overcome the earth's gravitational force. Your dead body won't even be found on earth.

1 Like

Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Jarus(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2013
Others:

I take ear pieces without dropping
I go with magazines (if I see it is your copy in it e.g KLM)
Sometimes I go with the body cover (blanket)
I also go with eye cover (abi wetin be that thing wey Qatar and few others dey give to cover your eyes when sleeping)

Of course, all are legal.
cheesy
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by johnwell(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2013
@OP>>> all these things you mention here, you no say for naija, na certified flying coffins we de fly?
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by pendusky(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2013
Am sure its available in local flight! flyaero and dana una hear dis, nxtime i need my freebies! grin
Re: Free Things On Planes You Didn't Know You Could Get by Afokeoghen: 7:59pm On May 11, 2013
na2day!:
Yes to the medicines! grin
I was on one of those long haul flights and i had a terrible case of Jedi-Jedi (the one that hooks your sacrum vertebrae and makes you, shout at intervals) grin
I don't even know, which medication to request for and I was ashamed to tell the hostess what was happening to me.

Naso i bone just and just asked for aspirin, she said there is no aspirin, but they have paracetamol.

That was the day i discovered that paracetamol dey cure jedijedi grin grin grin

Dude, u should be a comedian! I read, I laughed. I thought I should move o̲̅n, but I have not been able to, for laughter. I had to quote u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) / 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make / Ugandan Man's Car Somersaults 3 Times. See What It Looks Like After The Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.