Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

God Saved Me In A Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / God Saved Me In A Crash (2634 Views)

How I Was Saved From An Accident Yesterday!...my Story! / Trailer Saved Another From Falling This Morning In Lagos / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Saved Me In A Crash by Vicjustice: 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2008
It was on the Greek Athens-Larisa-Thessaloniki high way, the road is wide and express with 10 lanes, (5 going & 5 coming) with a demarcation in the middle. I was driving at a very high speed in a brand new car with digital speedometer, i wanted to see how fast it could go, and i was at a speed of about 226 km/h.
   I was driving with extreme concentration when eventually, my phone vibrated and rang in my back pocket, at such a speed, a little turn of the steering wheel was enough to cause a great disaster that almost took my life.
   Due to the sudden shock cause by the vibration, i lost control of the car as it zoomed across to the other side breaking through the plastic slabs that demarcated the either sides of the 5 pair lanes, it crashed against the side of rock mountain and began to somersault, it somersaulted several times, and then rested up-side-down.
   All i could say then was "God save me, God, save me", and lo, he saved me, i came out of the car with superficial injuries or scratches that didn't leave scars on me, (except for very unremarkable ones on my left finger and wrist).
   The Greek police were called, and they in turn called the ambulance even though i was pretty OK (it is understandable, that is the protocol), the ambulance took me to the hospital in Lamia (Greece), and again, according to protocols) the hospital wouldn't let me leave until after 24 hours "observation period". 
    Six months later, i received a letter from the Greek authority to appear in court for traffic violation. You see, in that very road, (as at then) there was no speed limit, it was a free drive high way, but that doesn't mean you'd get away with it in the event of an accident (which rarely occurs, though).
    At the court, the Radar (Speed Camera) record of my vehicle was read to me and it was confirmed that i zoomed past the last rather before the accident at a speed of 221km/h.
    I was given a fine of E500, yet, i didn't loss any point in my driving licence. But i lost my car in the crash. I remain grateful to God that i was alone in that car, a passenger wouldn't have stood a chance to survive that crash as i observed that the only part of the car that wasn't too crushed or twisted was the driver side.
    I've been giving testimonies on any given opportunity, and yet, it didn't occur to my mind to share it here until today.
    I'm grateful to God for sparing me.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by dnative(m): 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2008
@VicJustice

This is the kind of posting that makes Pataki, FB and co come after you. How can you be driving with extreme carefulness when you are breaking the law driving at 226 km/h. Even on German autobahns, it's not sensible driving at that speed. I hate to be hard on you bro but what's the point of this post.

Yeah and I did know you have a BB airgun from your profile. Ooh I'm scared - huh.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by MrPataki1: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2008
Vicjustice:

just a moment

Vicjustce,

You are so confused. Why did you edit this thread just now? You are so full of lies. You saw this thread on the Health section, and you posted there in, and you now come here saying you just wanted to share the story here based on your own personal true experience.

Here is the same story on the Heath section before you run off to edit it again!

Vicjustice:

But, what is this thread doing in the Heath section?
Anyway, hear this:
It was on the Greek Athens-Larisa-Thessaloniki high way, the road is wide and express with 10 lanes, (5 going & 5 coming) with a demarcation in the middle. I was driving at a very high speed in a brand new car with digital speedometer, i wanted to see how fast it could go, and i was at a speed of about 226 km/h.
I was driving with extreme carefulness when eventually, my phone vibrated and rang in my back pocket, at such a speed, a little turn of the steering wheel was enough to cause a great disaster that almost took my life.
Due to the sudden shock cause by the vibration, i lost control of the car as it zoomed across to the other side breaking through the plastic slabs that demarcated the either side of the 5 pair lanes, it crashed against the side of rock mountain and began to somersault, it somersaulted several times, and then rested up-side-down.
All i could say then was "God save me, God, save me", and lo, he saved me, i came out of the car with superficial injuries or scratches that didn't leave scars on me, (except for very unremarkable ones on my left finger and wrist).
The Greek police were called, and they in turn called the ambulance even though i was pretty OK (it is understandable, that is the protocol), the ambulance took me to the hospital in Lamia (Greece), and again, according to protocols) the hospital wouldn't let e leave until after 24 hours "observation period".
Six months later, i received a letter from the Greek authority to appear in court for traffic violation. You see, in that very road, (as at then) there was no speed limit, it was a free drive high way, but that doesn't mean you'd get away with it in the event of an accident (which rarely occurs, though).
At the court, the Radar (Speed Camera) record of my vehicle was read to me and it was confirmed that i zoomed past the last rather before the accident at a speed of 221km/h.
I was given a fine of E500, yet, i didn't loss any point in my driving licence. But i lost my car in the crash. I remain grateful to God that i was alone in that car, a passenger wouldn't have stood a chance to survive that crash as i observed that the only part of the car that wasn't too crushed or twisted was the driver side.
Please, thank God for me.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by funkybaby(f): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2008
dnative:

@VicJustice

This is the kind of posting that makes Pataki, FB and co come after you. How can you be driving with extreme carefulness when you are breaking the law driving at 226 km/h. Even on German autobahns, it's not sensible driving at that speed. I hate to be hard on you bro but what's the point of this post.

Yeah and I did know you have a BB airgun from your profile. Ooh I'm scared - huh.

the guy is plain sick. i keep stressing it.

dnative:

@VicJustice

yeah with his drappy, baggy, ugly suit. shior !
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by Vicjustice: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2008
@ dnative
  I mean extreme concentration, mind you, that Express road used to be called free high way, which means (except it has changed) as at then, you don't get booked for driving fast on that particular.
 But Dnative, you've not started well, you could have made your own comment from your own mind instead of referring to other people's attitude?
 Well, whatever has a beginning has an end, i'm too free this season being on holiday, so, i don't mind whiling some time in nairaland
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by bluehorizo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2008
Vicjustice:

THIS IS A TRUE LIFE INCIDENCE
I was driving with extreme carefulness when eventually, my phone vibrated and rang in my back pocket, at such a speed, a little turn of the steering wheel was enough to cause a great disaster that almost took my life.
Due to the sudden shock cause by the vibration, i lost control of the car as it zoomed across to the other side breaking through the plastic slabs that demarcated the either side of the 5 pair lanes, it crashed against the side of rock mountain and began to somersault, it somersaulted several times, and then rested up-side-down.
The Greek police were called, and they in turn called the ambulance even though i was pretty OK (it is understandable, that is the protocol), the ambulance took me to the hospital in Lamia (Greece), and again, according to protocols) the hospital wouldn't let e leave until after 24 hours "observation period".
I've been giving testimonies on any given opportunity, and yet, it didn't occur to my mind to share it here until today.
Please, keep thanking God for me.

Meaningless
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by funkybaby(f): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2008
@bluehorizo

I concur grin
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by dnative(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2008
Extreme concentration and high speed driving are mutually exclusive - as long as it's not on a race track. It's like saying you talking on the phone but with extreme concentration while driving, the two don't go together. Why would there be a radar gun record if there was no speed limit then, you should have contested that charge quite easily if this was the case.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by MrPataki1: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2008
@ Vicjustice,

What should we thank God for you on? That your rambunctiousness and recklessness brought you out alive? Why must Nigerian go out of the country and continue to break traffic rules? You had your mobile phone in your back pocket and it was the vibration that brought the accident! LMAO!!!!!! grin

You reside in Dublin, how did you come about a brand new car in Greece? I guess probably you bought a brand new car in Greece for over 3000 euros and you crashed it off immediately! What a waste! You are definitely lying! Except if you took your car from Dublin through the Eurotunnel to arrive in Greece, which you would not have done considering the money you do have to pay for it!

Do you think we are idiots on this forum?
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by MrPataki1: 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2008
dnative:

Extreme concentration and high speed driving are mutually exclusive - as long as it's not on a race track. It's like saying you talking on the phone but with extreme concentration while driving, the two don't go together. Why would there be a radar gun record if there was no speed limit then, you should have contested that charge quite easily if this was the case.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

I never even thought of it in this manner. Very valid a point you have stated here.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by bluehorizo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2008
I think the poster is confused. Why is he editing and re-editing his post?
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by funkybaby(f): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2008
Mr. Pataki:

@ Vicjustice,

What should we thank God for you on? That your rambunctiousness and recklessness brought you out alive? Why must Nigerian go out of the country and continue to break traffic rules? You had your mobile phone in your back pocket and it was the vibration that brought the accident! LMAO!!!!!! grin

You reside in Dublin, how did you come about a brand new car in Greece? I guess probably you bought a brand new car in Greece for over 3000 euros and you crashed it off immediately! What a waste! You are definitely lying! Except if you took your car from Dublin through the Eurotunnel to arrive in Greece, which you would not have done considering the money you do have to pay for it!

dnative:

Honestly, you gentlemen have serious time on your hands to analyse the bullshit vicjustice  posted.

If  i call him an international drug peddler, everyone will say am being too harsh on him.

He must have been high on his crack cocaine that night (that is if the accident really happened)
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by funkybaby(f): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2008
bluehorizo:

I think the poster is confused. Why the is he editing and re-editing his post?

Na so him dey do. He is a certified madman !
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by dnative(m): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2008
@VicJustice - and again where did you receive this letter from the Greek Authority six months later - at your Ireland or Greek residence? Except you have a 2nd home abroad or,

, anyway I'll wait for your clarifications before jumping to conclusions.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by funkybaby(f): 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2008
dnative:

@VicJustice - and again where did you receive this letter from the Greek Authority six months later - at your Ireland or Greek residence? Except you have a 2nd home abroad or,

dnative,lol, you are still analysing ! Lol. Vicjustice na full time job. You will keep discovering one lie to another. You had better order for pizza and coke, grin cheesy
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by dnative(m): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2008
Really I'm trying to understand Vic and the rationale behind some of his posts but I'm yet to. He seems to have the flair for being the butt of jokes here.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by Vicjustice: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2008
dnative:

Dnative, i'll only respond to you, but i suggest you don't take it personally.
  As for your question, i've lived and worked with DWB in Greece, read my article on "Life in various western countries: from my experience":  
  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by MrPataki1: 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

As usual vicjustice has gone off to edit his initial post on the Health section here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-128332.0.html#msg2173322

What an inconsistent personality. Stick to your words and be responsible for it.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by MrPataki1: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2008
Vicjustice:

Dnative, i'll only respond to you, but i suggest you don't take it personally.

Or else he will come under your barrage of attacks with your multiple identities. Armed Lion, Troubleone, Figurehead, gaylord.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by ThugLife1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2008
I can't see it undecided
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by funkybaby(f): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2008
Re: Thank God For Saving Me In A Crash
« #3 on: Today at 02:26:37 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: dnative on Today at 02:15:24 PM

Quote from: dnative on Today at 02:15:24 PM
@VicJustice

yeah with his drappy, baggy, ugly suit. shior !

Thug Life:

I can't see it undecided

he ya ! sad you don miss am.

Vicjustice has changed the picture after i commented on the ugly, drappy, saggy, baggy, haggard and ill-fitted suit shocked shocked that he wore !!

yuck ! lipsrsealed

on the present pics, i am still yet to look at it, i will make my observations known publicly soon, tongue

@thug life

please stay tuned. dont miss this one oh! there will be no re-play grin cheesy
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by ztyle(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2008
. . . .*Scroll in,looking @ Vicjuctice Shake Head and Walk away with pity*!
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by admin2008(m): 12:49am On Apr 21, 2008
bluehorizo:

Meaningless

So why bother to reply then, except you wanna ingratiate yourself with the cyber-bullies and cyber-stalkers, who wouldn't leave the poster alone.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by Vicjustice: 2:26am On Apr 21, 2008
admin2008:

So why bother to reply then, except you want to ingratiate yourself with the cyber-bullies and cyber-stalkers, who wouldn't leave the poster alone.   

Thank you, Dear.
    Pal, how you dey? I swear, i don't know what happened, yet, i'm not surprised that some people could team up to destroy my image with reviling accusations (even some people that i trusted), i know that these people would have loved me if i were a visa applicant complaining to them that i was refused a visa, that is when they would love me: and give their "advice", but because i revealed that i am Irish citizen, i'm a physician, i'm married to an American they now hate me and are ready to do anything to tarnish me.
   Can't you guys see that my haters only show love toward the people who cry to them that they've been denied the UK visa, how would they love me when i'm immune to such problem?
   There's a Greek saying which goes thus:
      "Kapios pou s'agapae alithino, den tha s'agapae mono otan klaiis me ta exeis problemata sou, tha s'agapae kai otan hamouyelas" Meaning: S/he who really loves you, does not only love you when you cry due to problem, s/he will also love you when you smile due to success.
    Also: "H agape, den deixnei mono otan eisai kato, deixnei kai otan eisay apano". Meaning: Love does not only reaveal when you are down, it shows also when you are up.
    But like i said before, my reputation does not hang here, i'm just here for the fun, i'm on holidays hence. . . : i don't care what they framed up against me because, it doesn't affect my life. peace cool
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by ty4real(m): 7:33am On Apr 21, 2008
@Vicjustice!
You are really a disgusting fellow! angry,Sorry to say,you sound like someone who has suffered from attention deficit syndrome malady!Abeg must you go this far in putting this here,If you wanna share your testimony on preservation of life please go straight away to the Religion Section,where I will be most delighted to say Praise the Lord with you grin grin!The only testimony we see here is that of visa granted but since you sound and look like person wey need attention,I oblige you this few lines!I am no longer surprised and in wonder when Funky baby and Pataki come after you.Agbaya ni e oooo and u no kno say u don old small,I saw your wedding pics,while na only one black guy you get there sef abi you don looose your link your family ni abi na arrangee wedding be that and men your suit no arrange at all ooooo shocked shocked !You disappoint me small with that one sha! grin grin
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by ty4real(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2008
bluehorizo:

I think the poster is confused. Why is he editing and re-editing his post?

Aye lo ntele angry angry angry!
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by goofy(f): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2008
*it is getting hotter* grin grin grin
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by goofy(f): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2008
*it is getting hotter*grin grin  grin
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by lucabrasi(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
wow mr vic justice, you n these guys are having the mother of all battles grin why dont you make up with them,even in the other threads and bury the hatchet,you ll have been lynched if it was a real life scenario, pls im not joining in o, lol
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by abujabooks(f): 2:18pm On May 14, 2008
I bless God for preserving your life.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by Vicjustice: 5:48pm On May 14, 2008
abujabooks:

I bless God for preserving your life.
A perfect response from a humane someone; may God bless you also.
Re: God Saved Me In A Crash by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 18, 2008

@ Vicjustice,

What should we thank God for you on? That your rambunctiousness and recklessness brought you out alive? Why must Nigerian go out of the country and continue to break traffic rules? You had your mobile phone in your back pocket and it was the vibration that brought the accident! LMAO!!!!!! Grin

Vicjustce,

You are so confused. Why did you edit this thread just now? You are so full of lies. You saw this thread on the Health section, and you posted there in, and you now come here saying you just wanted to share the story here based on your own personal true experience.

Here is the same story on the Heath section before you run off to edit it again!

buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wants Cheapest Air Ticket To Nairobi Kenya. / Shanghai Building Collapse In China. (photos) / Try Not To Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.