Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,954 members, 7,848,873 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories (607 Views)

If You Are A Christian, Please Stop Doing These 5 Things. / 7 Reasons Why Your Family Should Pray Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:06pm On May 11, 2013
christians/atheists I just want to know how did your family become christian and/or at what generation. Please share any infos or stories pertaining to this, their former religion,where they converted, who converted them, why?, etc.
Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by eyenCalabar(m): 5:14pm On May 11, 2013
You, how did you become a pagan? What actually happened? Please start with yourself first.
Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2013
I was born one. My ancestors were Pagan since Stone Age. tongue
Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by eyenCalabar(m): 5:52pm On May 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I was born one. My ancestors were Pagan since Stone Age. tongue

You are a real funny man. grin
Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by FromGuiriga(m): 10:11pm On May 11, 2013
I was born i a Christian country. Most worship Jesus as God. So culturally we can say I'm a Christian. My ancestors, I don't know. Once the slave masters took us from Africa they gave us their religion. But Garifuna tradition is most similar to Yoruba tradition or religion. You find Africa in central America among the Garifuna. Trust me. But all in all the slave master gave us their religion which was Christianity.

Personally, I respect all religions. I have great admiration for most. I'm in it for the teaching and the understanding.
Christianity is an over-standing. But folks have turned it into a religion. Religion separates.

My two cents.

Give thanks!

1 Like

Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:47pm On May 11, 2013
^ok thank you. so christianity was forced upon your family through slave trade.

ok. i want more testimonies like this. .
Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by FromGuiriga(m): 3:49am On May 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^ok thank you. so christianity was forced upon your family through slave trade.

ok. i want more testimonies like this. .

I would not say it was forced. Some people heard the gospel then accepted it as is. Perhaps it was forced on some but I don't think all.
Garinagus always believed in God. Proof which Garinagus until this day call God Baba (Father). This was brought from Africa. It was not thought to us by no colonizer or no Christian. As this is strictly a Garifuna word for the Father.

Forced Psychologically thou...that's another story. The Europeans told us that this Father has come to earth and his name is Jesus. And they had a book to back it up! He died for our sins so we don't have to go to hell...you are well read and know the rest.

Christianity is a proselyting religion. Some of the people who spread it (I believe) are well intentioned. Thy really want you saved (according to their understanding). Some are in it for the gains.

I just want it on record that it is not my opinion that Christianity was forced on Garinagus. I don't have the facts on that. I will look it up so I don't remain ignorant about this thou.

Anyway, give thanks.
Re: Chiristians How Did Your Family Become Christian. Please Share You Stories by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:01am On May 12, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I would not say it was forced. Some people heard the gospel then accepted it as is. Perhaps it was forced on some but I don't think all.
Garinagus always believed in God. Proof which Garinagus until this day call God Baba (Father). This was brought from Africa. It was not thought to us by no colonizer or no Christian. As this is strictly a Garifuna word for the Father.

Forced Psychologically thou...that's another story. The Europeans told us that this Father has come to earth and his name is Jesus. And they had a book to back it up! He died for our sins so we don't have to go to hell...you are well read and know the rest.

Christianity is a proselyting religion. Some of the people who spread it (I believe) are well intentioned. Thy really want you saved (according to their understanding). Some are in it for the gains.

I just want it on record that it is not my opinion that Christianity was forced on Garinagus. I don't have the facts on that. I will look it up so I don't remain ignorant about this thou.

Anyway, give thanks.

i get what you are saying. wink

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Best Freethinking Rhymes/poetry / The Second Heaven (placebo) / Keep Your Business Off Facebook......church Choir Sings!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.