Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra (12653 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Meets With Victor Umeh At A Prominent Funeral In Anambra. Photos / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 11, 2013
eriegua83: Are u alright? Someone died in 2013 nd u thought he was buried in 2012? SMH.

As a matter of fact, I thought he died in 2011.
Thanks for the correction, babe
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by FindOut(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2013
No problem. However, what's left of the policemen population in Nassarawa state and the poor civillians in Baga are also expecting him.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Ezechidi05: 9:25pm On May 11, 2013
GEJ we ar patiently waiting ur arrival, is well wit u my presido.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 11, 2013
Whoever couches GEJ on the laws of Power is doing a great job. His personal presence at Achebe's burial will be a milestone in his assemblage and glorification of ancestral Igbos. Jonathan has an Igbo DNA, so have I. Apart from these Ancestral linkages, Achebe is a global icon, and I dare say over 80 million people have read his works so he deserves greater respects even in death than during a transient living. I love Achebe's things fall apart more than the Asian theological books cos it tells the story of a people, as is, and as was. May the Great Soul of the Great Man, who lived and died in my times, rest peacefully. So mote it be! GEJ, you have my respect for this giant stride to adore a man, who was more than we know. The Niccolo Machiavelli of our time.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by trent9002(m): 9:34pm On May 11, 2013
jaymdee: But Prof. Achebe doesn't want the President to attend his funeral. He made it clear to us!
Dead people can't say No #Jonah2015
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 11, 2013
This is no news.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 11, 2013
Let them rename the Niger Bridge after him.Period!
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:00pm On May 11, 2013
eriegua83: Are u alright? Someone died in 2013 nd u thought he was buried in 2012? SMH.
lol that shows her level of reasoning clouded by bigotry

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Vincent41(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2013
Chino48: South East political leaders , Saturday met in Enugu to map out reception plans for President Goodluck Jonathan’s visit to the funeral of the late literary icon, Prof. Chinua Achebe next week.

Jonathan has confirmed his decision to attend the funeral which will take place at Ogidi, Anambra state.

Chairman of South East Governor’s forum, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State told reporters that the meeting focused on reception for the president.

The South East will ensure that the president’s visit would be memorable, he said.

At the meeting were secretary to the federal government, Anyim Pius Anyim, the South East governors, Senators, House of Representatives members, Speakers of the zone’s Assemblies and LG chairmen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/jonathan-to-attend-achebes-funeral/

make him no come ooo cos i de vex for him....i might bomb him oooo.....
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Chino48: 10:13pm On May 11, 2013
Its likely that Uni-Abuja or National Library maybe renamed after Achebe. Achebe remains the greatest African after Mandela.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by ngooka: 10:20pm On May 11, 2013
Welcome home my brother
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On May 11, 2013
Chino48: Its likely that Uni-Abuja or National Library maybe renamed after Achebe. Achebe remains the greatest African after Mandela.

I thought you people said it was Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by tomakint: 10:41pm On May 11, 2013
Finally, the great one will be laid to rest, he stood on the side of truth, he gave his people (The Igbos) a guide (There Was A Country) against oppressors and future revisionist before he took his exit! Achebe, like you rightly predicted in 1958 about this 'contraption' things have fallen apart and therefore it is no longer at ease! Adieu, Chinua Achebe, a literary titan! cool

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by goddoo(m): 10:49pm On May 11, 2013
Achebe deserves the most befittng burial ever in Nigeria bcus each and every one of us learnt n he impacted his knowldge to us all, even jonathan himself, so if Jonathan wants to come pass the 9t @ Achebe's country home, its worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by chikedixon(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Send him a RSVP for boko haram bomb launch party.

U re on point__dat would make perfect sense

(Jobless presdo)
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by chikedixon(m): 10:54pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

I thought you people said it was Ojukwu

ℓ̊ heard nnamdi azikiwe
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Jman06(m): 10:59pm On May 11, 2013
Nope,he just died in march this year
Texas.Cowgirl:
Thought this dude was buried last year undecided
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 11, 2013
aminho: Tax payers Money don dey suffer for My country

Na today?
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Jman06(m): 11:11pm On May 11, 2013
That analysis does not always hold,d number of people in a political rally does not guarantee success in d election.
AK 48: This is a show of political strenght of numbers,anambra a state in southeast which is assumed to be a support base for gej.the crowd will be seriously concentrated by pdp and apc.earlier on cpc had their congress the reception is massive,we ndigbo are expecting the crwd to double that,n the absence of that then there is a negative message for gej.

#just analysing#
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 11, 2013
Who cares??
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by JJahzwill(m): 11:14pm On May 11, 2013
Me thinks that Jonathan's attendance is in his best interest. Hopefully, he'll learn a thing or two about excellence from the life of Professor Achebe. But wait a minute, Jonathan and learning? Who am I kidding? Oga Jona o, just remember to bring the Ombatse Amnesty package, drop it off in Nassarawa and head down to Anambra.
Now trust the Southeast Governors and their lackeys to make Achebe's burial more about the reception of Mr President, 2015, political favours than Achebe himself!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by enyice(m): 11:16pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Presidency is not to attend Owambe all over the place I thought someone would have told the clueless Retardeen by now

Next thing he go dey settle quarrel between Davido and him girlfriend

I hope you can hear yourself and i believe you are trying to sound intelligent unfortunately, you ended up portraying yourself as an object of ridicule which leaves me in doubt as regards to your age.

Indeed, maturity is a thing of the mind and i sincerely hope you attain it soonest.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria To Use Sukuk For Infrastructural Funding / Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (photos) / Nigeria’s Debt Rises By N7.1tn In Two Years - Minister of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.