Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,878 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye (4796 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 11:26pm On May 11, 2013
RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION SUNDAY 12th MAY,2013 DEVOTION TO HIS WORD BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Memorise: I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. Psalm 119:16
Read: Psalm 119:9-16
Bible in one year 1 Thessalonians 4-5
Key point: Your commitment to God's word shows how committed you are to God because God and His word are the same.
Besides commitment to an unbroken link with God and a personal commitment to God's presence, another factor that identifies someone who is committed to God is his or her attitude to God's word. If you are truly devoted to God, if will show in your level of commitment to His Word. You will deliberately find time to hear, read, study, memorise and meditate on it. You will also find time to put it into practice because hearing and not practicing what you have heard from the word makes you a hypocrite - one who deceives oneself. Hence James 1:22 says, if you hear God's word on restitution, tithing or loving those who hate you, but fail to obey, it shows you are not committed to the word. Every instruction you have received from the Bible, which you have not obeyed stands against you in the area of commitment.

If you are committed to the word, you will love it. It will become something very important and precious to you. In Psalm 119:9-16, the psalmist used God's word as an antidote to sinning against God. This means that, as he hid God's Word in his heart, it displaced all the evil thoughts to sin against God. If you also hide it in your heart by memorising and meditating on the word, it will be difficult for you to sin. Show me a Christian who often sins, and I will show you a Christian who is not committed to the word of God. In addition, in verse 14 of Psalm 119, the psalmist says God's word gives him joy. He sees every revelation that comes to him by studying the word to be as valuable as silver and gold. What value do you attach to the Word of God? If your quest for money is separating you from the word, it shows you are not committed to it; you value money above the word. If you are committed to the word of God, you cannot stand a day without it. Peter was so committed to Christ's words that he threw his net when he would ordinarily have refused that order (Luke 5:5). How committed are you to His instructions?

http://earlydigest..com/2013/05/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-12th.html

8 Likes

Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 4:36am On May 12, 2013
fresh
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:28am On May 12, 2013
Love God's word, be filled with passion for it
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2013
i have always hated this man.

3 Likes

Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 12, 2013
Good
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07pm On May 12, 2013
okpara ugo: Good

yes ikr! you too? good. i hate him too.
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 12, 2013
cool
halleluia..
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
i have always hated this man.

Pagans always do...

4 Likes

Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by biafrakwenu(m): 12:12pm On May 12, 2013
Commit your self to Christ wholeheartedly and forget to pay your tithes, and tell me whether the pastor will see you as his enemy or not. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Dainy1(m): 12:13pm On May 12, 2013
dinner with daddy G O in abuja today by 4pm. gate fee is 10,000 naira. is any one going?
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 12, 2013
Dainy1: dinner with daddy G O in abuja today by 4pm. gate fee is 10,000 naira. is any one going?

Ahah, wetin dem go chop? Exotic minced elephant and rhino laps?
angry
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 12, 2013
If you bothered attending any of dia service,or listening to the explanations, you'd know that the 10000 is to be used for the Holy Ghost congress in Aug or thereabout...
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by waoosa(m): 2:43pm On May 12, 2013
why do you guys enjoying lying? Have you ever paid to see him before?
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by premium1: 2:51pm On May 12, 2013
Ha! Pagan naija or whateva Ʊ call ursef because Pastor Adeboye sed we should ßε̲̣ more commited †̥ †ђξ word of God Ʊ opened ♈̷̴̩‎υr mouth and said Ʊ hate him, datz really serous mehn, as I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ so serous.oh! It J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ occured to M̶̲̥̅̊c̶̲̥̅̊ now, ur name į̸̸̨§ pagan... 4give M̶̲̥̅̊c̶̲̥̅̊ pls.
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by idriis: 3:19pm On May 12, 2013
Man of whaaaaaat!?
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by liztemi(f): 4:06pm On May 12, 2013
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet n a light unto my path.
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by topsydudu: 7:04pm On May 12, 2013
Thy word have i hide in my heart that i may not sin against thee.
Re: Devotion To His Word By Pastor Adeboye by farem: 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
okpara ugo:

Pagans always do...
[color=#990000]
I DISAGREE. NOT PAGANS BUT SADISTS.

(1) (Reply)

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? / If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? / Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.