Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector (10269 Views)

Niger Delta Youths To Shut Down NLNG Facilities Over Planned Lagos Shipyard. / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 12:33am On May 13, 2013
Rossikk you're educated!!! Damn
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by ekoilee: 12:44am On May 13, 2013

E dey paini you?

Assembling and manufacturing are 2 different things.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by ekoilee: 12:49am On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

We manufacture pure water cheesy

Straight from ashole rock pure water manufacturing plant... lmao
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by ekoilee: 12:54am On May 13, 2013
It's very unfortunate that these silly and misguided proclamations are not rooted in reality or necessity, they are a reflection of a very incompetent man trying to sound relevant against 2015 this and this wont be the last of his foolish and pointless announcements before 2015.

The dullard really should stick to setting up committees and taking goofy pictures with his cassava bread .
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by pastie(m): 12:59am On May 13, 2013
eko ilee:

I'm used to you dodging and deflecting when cornered, your legs are moving faster than your mouth and brains hence the usual mismatched and flawed elementary utterances.

Btw way, I looked into it and found out that we do manufacture cassava bread...

lmao

LMAO
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:06am On May 13, 2013
taharqa: Are you not supposed to be trying to attend to yr Needy husband, you this plump onye iberibe? Housewife, go do smthing useful with yr time na, like taking care of yr husband, in stead of always trying to poke yr head into matas that are way beyond yr mental capacity, kenan... People are talking about shipyards, you too wan talk. Mtschee..
You mentally deranged fool! why don't you face the topic at hand and leave my family out of this? Must you always resort to abuse if you can't defend your paymaster? Son of a bleeding kunt! "spits! "

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:09am On May 13, 2013
payless: This is a misplaced priority. This guy is all over the place. Where is the electricity you promised? What about roads and security? Ship yard is the last thing on the minds of Nigerians.
things are getting better, pray harder. Do everything you can to bring positive change wherever you are. No matter your condition, theres always a better life with determination and God. Stand against wrong doing and corruption wherever u find urself. Thats what we naija pple are made of. I admire our fighting spirit and sense of humour...our character will be promoted even after these days of gloom and darkness and corruption. We push humanity to its limit, and keep going cuz we believe in God. So oga take heart. Believe and hope for your future. U are this nations future. Dont carry on d tradition of corruption and lawlessness. We can change things with God. Work hard, pray, and let ur words give others hope. God bless you oga. And God bless and save naija.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by CROWE: 1:17am On May 13, 2013
Jonathan is trying to do everything all by himself at once and at the end he will do nothing properly, that is why he keeps pushing back his electricity deadline. Is Aba receiving non stop electricity yet? Things like docks is the governor of the states job as it is not so important at the moment, the federal government should pursue such specific things only when it has dealt with the broader and more pressing things, they need his attention. He should be paying more attention to electricity and the fact that Nigeria's borders are porous and any meaningful manufacturing cannot happen here, Innoson is struggling, do something to make importing less attractive than buying from them.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:23am On May 13, 2013
CROWÉ: Jonathan is trying to do everything all by himself at once and at the end he will do nothing properly, that is why he keeps pushing back his electricity deadline. Is Aba receiving non stop electricity yet? Things like docks is the governor of the states job as it is not so important at the moment, the federal government should pursue such specific things only when it has dealt with the broader and more pressing things, they need his attention. He should be paying more attention to electricity and the fact that Nigeria's borders are porous and any meaningful manufacturing cannot happen here, Innoson is struggling, do something to make importing less attractive than buying from them.

That is exactly my point.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:24am On May 13, 2013
payless:

Don't get me wrong. Building a shipyard is a good thing but the timing is not appropriate as we have more important things to do. The government should embark on things that are needed most.
and they've already started doing that. On the roads, electricity.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by tellwisdom: 1:31am On May 13, 2013
Rossikk:

This is the problem we have in this country. Everybody is interested in sharing the national cake, but nobody is interested in baking the cake. How can you say that a shipyard that will generate employment for countless thousands of Nigerians, ''is the last thing on Nigerians' mind''?

You again?? ...Not until you share your bribe with me, i wont be joining you with lies angry
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:32am On May 13, 2013
eko ilee: It's very unfortunate that these silly and misguided proclamations are not rooted in reality or necessity, they are a reflection of a very incompetent man trying to sound relevant against 2015 this and this wont be the last of his foolish and pointless announcements before 2015.

The dullard really should stick to setting up committees and taking goofy pictures with his cassava bread .
please stop insulting your president, let others do that. Why not make nice suggestions in a polite manner, that way, the person will actually listen to u instead of getting offended. And please can u show me someone who is going to do better for us come 2015?
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by ekoilee: 1:39am On May 13, 2013
Rossikk:

You're certainly clueless. Power output was just over 2000MW at Jonathan's inception, and that figure now stands at 4,500 mw,

Nigeria: Power Output Hits 4,000 MW/7 March 2011

Lagos — The nation's power generation hit 4,000 mega watts (MW) at the weekend as the Olorunsogo Power Plant released 150MW to boost power supply. According to data released by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) at the weekend, power generation has thus increased from 3,800MW to 4,000MW. The improvement according to the data was achieved as a result of increased water level of hydro-electric power stations located at Kainji, Jebba and Shiroro.

The commencement of operation by the Independent Power Plant (IPP) stations of Olorunsogo, Alaoji and Sapele contributed to the improvement recorded during the period. The completion of turbine units at Olorunsogo added 80MW to the previous record of 100MW achieved in January

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103071045.html

You see the red highlighted date? Before the 2011 elections and before GEJ enter office/. Power output was 4000MW and it's 4250MW in 2013 so your oga at the top only managed to add 250MW..

See, I was going to ask you to provide proof to back up your lies, but knowing you and how you dodge around like chicken when cornered, I helped you out with the facts and a big bowl of hot amala on your lying face....

You can not replace facts with silly lies and propaganda, reserve all that nonsense for cassava bread groupies like you.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:45am On May 13, 2013
eko ilee:

You see the red highlighted date? Before the 2011 elections and before GEJ enter office...

See, I was going to ask you to provide proof to back up your lies, but knowing you and how you dodge around like chicken when cornered, I helped you out with the facts and a big bowl of hot amala on your lying face....

You can not replace facts with silly lies and propaganda, reserve all that nonsense for cassava bread groupies like you.

This Rossikky is a deceptive human being. He spins like an SMC fan everyday. He is going to get dizzy someday with the way he continues to spin here all the time. He insults anyone who disagrees with his view. What a disgusting and cynical human beign!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 1:54am On May 13, 2013
payless:

This Rossikky is a deceptive human being. He spins like an SMC fan everyday. He is going to get dizzy someday with the way he continues to spin here all the time. He insults anyone who disagrees with his view. What a disgusting and cynical human beign!
The same goes to all 40 man laptop doggies. Their cluelessness is beyond redemption. always quick to throw insults when they have nothing more to say. Bunch of Dumbsters!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by NLGwoodey: 2:37am On May 13, 2013
Rossikk:

This is the problem we have in this country. Everybody is interested in sharing the national cake, but nobody is interested in baking the cake. How can you say that a shipyard that will generate employment for countless thousands of Nigerians, ''is the last thing on Nigerians' mind''?

GEJ knows the problems in Nigeria ever before he became the president. The main things needed in Nigeria are: electricity (highest priority), road, improved security. For govt. that is known to announce projects, allocate funds and then abandon such projects, this new project should be totally condemned. It sounds good on papers but will never see the light of the day.
Its sign off is just preparatory to laundering of money in preparation for 2015 elections. Go back in history.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by lastpage: 3:19am On May 13, 2013
Rossikk:

Stop displaying "45 Laptops mentality"!

The guy you were responding to, was referring to "PRIORITIES"!
Your "Oga-at-the-Top" should set his priorities RIGHT

Security, Roads, Water, especially Electricity, are more important, a pre-requisite, and higher on the table of priorities of NIGERIANS, than building a ship-yard!
Just stable Power alone, will generate more employment than ten shipyards!

Oh, l forgot, the Shipyards will be 'powered' with "i-better-pass-my-neighbour" GENERATOR, right?

No offence sha.

Lastpage!
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Fhemmmy: 3:26am On May 13, 2013
Another huge reason to buy huge generator to power shipwreck yard
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by successcertain: 3:29am On May 13, 2013
And the shipyard contract shall be awarded to china or Julius beger , not our local civil engineers who are seen as inferior/incapable and under estimated . Africans leaders are mentally brainwashed and brutalized with selfishness and greed by the European racist agenda of self centered government/white supremacy. Everyday by day Africans lose many talented souls due to complication from poverty in a hopeless dungeon of frustration.

Reverse is the case of enslavement of Africa, Africa will surfer hell from china until we learn to make use of our own talent. Welcome to 21 century enslavement of Africans gradually history repeat himself. Very soon chines will become official language of Nigeria grin and the negro race will be silence forever.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by ekoilee: 3:29am On May 13, 2013
Chibuebem: please stop insulting your president, let others do that. Why not make nice suggestions in a polite manner, that way, the person will actually listen to u instead of getting offended. And please can u show me someone who is going to do better for us come 2015?

Unfortunately for you and your clueless friends, you dullard president insults you everyday with his chronic acts of incompetency and culture of corruption.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by CROWE: 3:37am On May 13, 2013
GEJ and his lowsy attention span, always jumping from project to project when others are not even ready, this topic should really be "JONATHAN PLANS SHIPWRECK TO BOOST CAMPAIGN IMAGE". You got it right Fhemmmy.

successcertain: And the shipyard contract shall be awarded to china or Julius beger , not our local civil engineers who are seen as inferior/incapable and under estimated . Africans leaders are mentally brainwashed and brutalized with selfishness and greed by the European racist agenda of self centered government/white supremacy. Everyday by day Africans lose many talented souls due to complication from poverty in a hopeless dungeon of frustration.

Reverse is the case of enslavement of Africa, Africa will surfer hell from china until we learn to make use of our own talent. Welcome to 21 century enslavement of Africans gradually history repeat himself. Very soon chines will become official language of Nigeria grin and the negro race will be silence forever.

Jesus dude, wtf!!

Rossikk:

The problem here is this cake, it shouldn't be national, a goat that is owned by everybody is going to starve, Nigeria should enable everybody to bake his own cake, that is the way a country works, public cake will not be baked properly and we will all continue to starve.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by mrperfect(m): 3:39am On May 13, 2013
Any project that creates employment is a welcome development.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by ekoilee: 3:40am On May 13, 2013
Reminds me of another moronic and senseless proclamation before 2011 elections.

Jonathan pledges to construct airports in 36 states

Though a very senseless, unrealistic and out of touch statement, but where are the 36 airports? Inside his ashole rock bedroom I guess..
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by manny4life(m): 3:40am On May 13, 2013
Why am I not surprised at the comments on here?
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 3:50am On May 13, 2013
A shipyard can obviously stimulate the creation of jobs in the maritime sector. Heck, the proposed shipyard may even encourage more aspiring Nigerian engineers to go into the field of marine engineering (or whatever engineering discipline that deals with the manufacture/maintenance of ships grin)
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Crownvilla(m): 3:52am On May 13, 2013
@ EKO ILEE

Jonathan was sworn in is as President in May 2010
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Afam4evaIsASlut: 3:52am On May 13, 2013
CFCfan: A shipyard can obviously stimulate the creation of jobs in the maritime sector. Heck, the proposed shipyard may even encourage more aspiring Nigerian engineers to go into the field of marine engineering (or whatever engineering discipline that deals with the manufacture/maintenance of ships grin)

Why the smiley face at the end of your sentence, eh, homo?
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by Nobody: 4:11am On May 13, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Why the smiley face at the end of your sentence, eh, homo?

I'm definitely not homo!
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by miky(m): 4:14am On May 13, 2013
Rossike why bother with these folks, 10 years from now the slogan would be that nigeria is owned by foreigners.. If there is one thing I have learnt is that people will never see good in their country.. Same applies to Americans I see here
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by RickyRoss1(m): 4:17am On May 13, 2013
I honestly cannot understand these hypocrites. If Fashola makes this same announcement you would see these loosers shouting hosana all over the place. I remember few weeks ago Fashole made a claim that he is going to start manufacturing cars ala buses and these same demented fools were shouting all over the place even as the so called bus plant is still in the planning stage and may never come to fruition.

This is why people do not progress. This is why some people keep complaining that Nigeria is not good place. Nigeria is a blessed country, but as long as you are not happy to hear any positive news about Nigeria you will toil all the days of your life with nothing to show for it. I

Anyone who says this is a misplaced priority is a half baked illiterate. If shipyard is misplaced priority, then what do you call the Eko Atlantic City project?

To confirm that these clowns are confused, just bookmark this page and anytime this project is complete you would see these same half backed illiterates claiming it was OBJ that started it. Hypocrisy at its best.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by RickyRoss1(m): 4:21am On May 13, 2013
eko ilee: Reminds me of another moronic and senseless proclamation before 2011 elections.

Jonathan pledges to construct airports in 36 states

Though a very senseless, unrealistic and out of touch statement, but where are the 36 airports? Inside his ashole rock bedroom I guess..

Hypocrite, The man you call retarded is doing wonders in the aviation sector. So far 6 Airports are fixed and more are underway. OBJ RULED NIGERIA DURING RECORD OIL PRICES, HOW MANY AIRPORTS DID HE BUILD FOR THE 8 YEARS HE SPENT AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA? THE ANSWER IS NONE... BESIDES, OBJ STOLE 18 BILLION DOLLARS FROM NEPA WITHOUT GENERATING A SINGLE KILOWAT.

As long as you lots are bend on giving Nigeria bad name on daily basis, so shall you lots continue to cry till the day you will die.
Re: Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector by vizboy(m): 4:55am On May 13, 2013
Wa oh the ApC LAPDog crew are already here. Never wanting to hear anything good from Nigeria. If this ain't a priority then what is it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court To Hear Fg’s Application To Detain Sowore For 20 More Days / Aregbesola's Camp Drags Buni, Others To Court Over APC Congress / Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.