Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares (10262 Views)

Mohammed Idris: We’ll Be Transparent With Nigerians, Era Of Propaganda Gone / Reno Omokri: Tinubu's Lagos Walk Makes Obidient Rallies Look Like Child’s Play / #endsars: We’ll Be Talking Of Something Else Had Buhari Not Acted Like A Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Maxymilliano(m): 7:00am On Dec 06, 2021
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has declared its supports for the walk of peace proclaimed by the Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Sanwo-Olu.

The group also warned religious leaders in the state against assuming the role of trouble makers.

The rights group described Sanwo-Olu as a hard-working and a performing governor, who does not sit tight in his office sipping tea while the people suffer.

MURIC noted that during the COVID-19 period, the Governor risked his life and showed the real attributes of a servants and now deserves the support of Lagosians.

MURIC made the appeal in a statement signed by its director, Prof. Ishaq Akintola, and made available to media houses on Monday.

Recall that Sanwo-Olu had recently invited Lagosians to a peace walk following the report of the EndSARS Panel of Investigation.and the release of the White Paper.

However, angered by the way and manner the governments, Federal and State have handled issues contained in the panel’s report, some Nigerian celebrities have rejected the governor’s call to join in the Peace Walk.

“It is noteworthy that the governor had paid N420 million as compensation for police brutality before announcing the peace initiative. He has stooped to conquer. We should all join the historic march. MURIC will walk for peace with the governor. Lagos must not burn again,” the Islamic group said.

“He completed about 1,200 projects within two years. Of these, 1,000 are schools while some of the projects are renovative and others brand new construction works.

“Today, it is only in Lagos State that primary health delivery centres are active in all the local governments in the state. Lagosians should honour the invitation of such a governor if he invites them.

“MURIC, therefore, implores Lagosians to troop out en masse for Sanwo-Olu’s peace walk.

“Religious leaders should not be found among trouble makers. Neither should they incite the populace against the system. This is where they belong.

We charge Christian leaders and youth to join the governor’s peace walk. Let us join Governor Sanwo-Olu’s peace walk so that he can ‘guide our feet into the way of peace’.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/06/lagos-walk-of-peace-well-be-there-islamic-group-declares-warns-religious-leaders/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR268oaJ1wxdajLldrBWkuEwNQsteRscl0Gcjcgw97Ow875HSqao2MQ2k6s#Echobox=1638768835

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by CrownOfClay724: 7:24am On Dec 06, 2021
Lol.

MURIC?

I thought that's Ishaq's surname.

Would be cool to know the raghead is not alone in his folly.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Asgard73: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2021
grin
Say he completed 1200 project .. 1000 schools and 200 others .. and where are this projects in Lagos

I mean the 1000 school .. this is how the subtle spread propaganda.. music is again telling us about 420 million .. to ..

Anyways I don’t do religion .. he can walk with thing that pleases him as a Yoruba human..

Make dem no Dey too lie all this careless lie.. e don Dey look stupid ..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by helinues: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2021
grin

MURIC is in order. Anything to protect Lagos and other SW states security is welcome

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by thesicilian: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2021
Walk of shame

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by money121(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by crestedaguiyi: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Hehehhehhehehehehhehhehh

It was s comic walk anyway

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Randal: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Walk of shame

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by headSmasher: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2021
ok
Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by EmekaBlue(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2021
Bomb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by paulolee(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2021
we dnt care....all sensible Nigerians n lagosians wont be there

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Aufbauh(m): 7:55am On Dec 06, 2021
If it is your right not to be at the Peace walk then, you should also see it as the right of others to be there.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by optimistD(m): 7:55am On Dec 06, 2021
You people made endSARS violent with your tugs. So I’m not surprise. Myopic extremists.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by oluwaseyi0: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2021
The problem with mumuric is that everything is from a religious angle of us vs them

They only do this eye service because the states representative where booed to shame in a church otherwise they will not have given a hoot

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by joyandfaith: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Muric of chaos and walk of peace mean disaster.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Ademola47(m): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by kingjessy(f): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2021
Why is that thing always on that man's head abeg?.there are better ways Arab men tie things on their head an it look beautiful na.PLS AM BEGGING Y'ALL PLS CLICK MY LINK AND REG ,I NEED THE MONEY PLSSSSSSSSSSS

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by reccy(m): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2021
God bless ishaq akintola.

God bless Muric.

God bless sanwo olu.

Lagos must not burn again!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by sanerugwei: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2021
shocked shocked Na wa
Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by 27yo(m): 7:58am On Dec 06, 2021
Is MURIC anti-people?

I thought the organization is solely to protect Muslims rights.
Or no Muslim was affected on that day?

Why are they always ‘me against them’?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Raxxye(m): 7:58am On Dec 06, 2021
He should have said "I will be there", not "we will be there", because that man is the only member of his useless group!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by tutudesz: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2021
undecided This is a peace walk and not a religious walk Mr Man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by bigdammyj: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2021
Noted
Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by MorataFC: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Haaaa
Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Pidginwhisper: 8:00am On Dec 06, 2021
A chance to meet this Curtain tying baboon and pummel him for the nonsense he always spill.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by ThatFairGuy: 8:00am On Dec 06, 2021
Non of your concern. Focus on Alaigbo
Asgard73:
grin
Say he completed 1200 project .. 1000 schools and 200 others .. and where are this projects in Lagos

I mean the 1000 school .. this is how the subtle spread propaganda.. music is again telling us about 420 million .. to ..

Anyways I don’t do religion .. he can walk with thing that pleases him as a Yoruba human..

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Poopypants: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2021
Peace walk about to be rubbished

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by lightitup001: 8:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Do ur findings sir.. That's why u educated.
Asgard73:
grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Walk Of Peace: We’ll Be There – MURIC Declares by Rebuke: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2021
Where else will yhu be? Bunch of losers.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Pelted With Eggs, Tomatoes In London / Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo / Buhari's Presidential Posters Flood Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.