Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 (48834 Views)

UCL: Benfica Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On Tuesday October-2-2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 27th March 2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Man Utd (1 - 1) On 14th September 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:16am On May 16, 2013
shymexx:

Darren Bent and Agbonlahor have scored a few hat-tricks. However, that doesn't mean they aren't average players. Sturridge just don't have what it takes, if he did, he should be a regular with the Three Lions right now.

Anelka won the golden boot because he was able to get a lot of tap-ins and easy goals. However, that doesn't change the fact that he can't shoot to save his life. How many times did that guy pass the ball to the GK? Heck, the guy missed a penalty at the Champions League finals - that was how useless he was... grin

Matic couldn't get into the Chelsea team back then because we had Lampard and Essien playing the best games of their careers. There was no way we would have replaced either of them with Matic.

Sturridge has scored 11 goals in 15 appearances for Liverpool FC. Yet you call him a flop. SMH. Man when you see greatness growing, salute it as I saluted EMENALO. grin

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Bidgogo: 12:41am On May 16, 2013

Chelsea jersey, Chelsea bag and a Chelsea watch; Starting Price: N2,000. Bid Now!

3 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Sheguama: 12:50am On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Chelsea is a curse to football. They have successfully succeeded in staining the round leather game. I think FIFA has to come hard on teams that play negative football...I want to use this opportunity to congratulate Benfica for a job well done. They outplayed Chelsea today if not for the tragedy that is football. I await the UEFA super cup where chelsea will be gang r.aped by the team from Munich just like how Athletico bullied them in Paris last year.

Ntooorrr !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Omero(m): 2:50am On May 16, 2013
hornipipe: Manchester united will not sell Rooney to Chelsea, they'll rather see him go to barca.
If success was measured by the amount of money one splashes into the transfer market, real Madrid and Mancheter city would have been the most successful teams over the last 3 seasons.
Dortmund haven't even spent up to 1/4 of what you guys have spent but see where they are today. tongue
where are they? hav chelsea not been there b4?. how did they fare last season? group stage: how many semis and final have they been to b4 now? afta all they have not yet won it, their's is just a chance, let c how they will fare next season, stop all d hype and b objective 4once.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Ibime(m): 3:10am On May 16, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

When Lukaku came to Chelsea, many didn't know what he was worth. Those who really believed in Lukaku were those who watched him play at Belgium or watched his debut against Ajax. I being one of them.

I didn't call him a flop. I said many of Chelsea fans I know called him a flop.

I used to convince them that he is a great player being played off position. All I would like to know, what convinced you that he was good. Did you watch him play at Belgium or any of his Europa Games?

His games at Chelsea were poor because he was playing off position.

Thank you!

It's best Shymmex be quiet cos frankly he's talking a lot but making a lot of errors

(1.) You are right. AVB played Lukaku as a winger in most of the meagre appearances Lukaku made

(2.) Moses has never been a striker

(3.) Sturridge has always been a deadly striker, and even when played on the wing managed 13 goals in half a season in 2012/13

(4.) Anelka is a striker in his own right. I don't know what nonsense Shymmex is yarning. In the only season he played as point man (first half of 08/09), he won golden boot. What does it matter if he doesn't hammer shot. The great Ruud Van Nistelrooy once went a whole season without scoring from outside the box and 99% of his goals were not from hard shots.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 3:42am On May 16, 2013
excellent points the good joe... pls we are primarily footie lovers lets not let affliations blind this

Fans tend to be too emotional when accessing players

Lukaku was labelled a flop so was de Gea by utd fans who dont watch any lig aside theirs

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52am On May 16, 2013
biolabee: excellent points the good joe... pls we are primarily footie lovers lets not let affliations blind this

Fans tend to be too emotional when accessing players

Lukaku was labelled a flop so was de Gea by utd fans who dont watch any lig aside theirs

De Gea's growth at Man Utd is still shocking to me. I never knew he would be this good. Massive growth for the young lad.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 3:57am On May 16, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

De Gea's growth at Man Utd is still shocking to me. I never knew he would be this good. Massive growth for the young lad.

He is.. Remember he benched sergio asenjo another top keeper
He won EL in 2011 then came to england

You know we discussed about coyrtois too.. I hope barca can land the guy

Shekpe has turnbull and cech is still the god father
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:05am On May 16, 2013
biolabee:

I think my problem with De Gea was that I was a big fan of Sergio Asenjo. He injured and De Gea took his place. When he recovered Quique Sanchez Flores refused to bring Asenjo back and the rest is history.

De Gea was very good especially in the UEFA Cup triumph of Athletico Madrid but I never knew he would be so great. He had a lovely season. Hope he continues and improves his form.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:07am On May 16, 2013
biolabee:

I hope Asenjo can put his injury problems to rest. It has been too continuous. I remember his last injury, he cried while he was being stretchered out.

I hope Pellegrini drops Hart for Pantilimon.

Then I hope Barca gets Courtois. Cech is still in brilliant form. That Oscar Cardozo save was breath taking.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 4:24am On May 16, 2013
Lol at sentiments

That is life.. Same way iker got his break from an injury to canizares cesar sanchez and never looked back

We always pray in life to get an opportunity and luck or karma or god to help our efforts

I hope rosell can do the deal
With good grooming, that boy can be the next casillas/zubizaretta

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:31am On May 16, 2013
biolabee: Lol at sentiments

That is life.. Same way iker got his break from an injury to canizares and never looked back

We always pray in life to get an opportunity and luck or karma or god to help our efforts

I agree 100%. cool
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:58am On May 16, 2013
My heart really goes out to the Benfica fans. They are what I call real fans and carry their team in their heart. Watching the Coach weep during Benfica's weekend loss to Porto broke my heart and I really wanted them to win today. Their fans really needed something to cheer them up but It didn't happen. cry cry cry cry

I just hope they area able to pick themselves up and fight for trophies next season. Cheers Benfica Coaches Players and fans.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by cosify: 5:44am On May 16, 2013
A well deserved last minute victory for chelsea,and a compensation for FA Cup,Premier league and Champions league failures this season.Up chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Reference(m): 5:52am On May 16, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: My heart really goes out to the Benfica fans. They are what I call real fans and carry their team in their heart. Watching the Coach weep during Benfica's weekend loss to Porto broke my heart and I really wanted them to win today. Their fans really needed something to cheer them up but It didn't happen. cry cry cry cry

I just hope they area able to pick themselves up and fight for trophies next season. Cheers Benfica Coaches Players and fans.

Just read about the curse placed on them. Good laff but no be small tin oh. They should contact TBJ.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 5:54am On May 16, 2013
7 european finals no win is not easy..

My heart goes to you the eagles

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 6:14am On May 16, 2013
Breaking News! Frank Lampard a.k.a Super Frankie a.k.a The Legend will be offer a New 1 year contract @ the Bridge. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 6:16am On May 16, 2013
young-dude:
Breaking News! Frank Lampard a.k.a Super Frankie a.k.a The Legend will be offer a New 1 year contract @ the Bridge. Cheers!
1000 Likes smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:16am On May 16, 2013
BodyKiss: CFC - Chelsea Fluke Club
Stop crying my brother. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by sirekene: 6:40am On May 16, 2013
Plz aw much is the prize of europa league?
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:34am On May 16, 2013
sir ekene: Plz aw much is the prize of europa league?

The Igbo man has always got the Important question grin

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by timbros(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2013
biolabee: Lol at sentiments

That is life.. Same way iker got his break from an injury to canizares and never looked back

Get your facts right. Casillas replaced Cesar Sanchez in that final, not Canizares.

Canizares was Valencia's number 1 keeper then...
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 7:51am On May 16, 2013
timbros:

Get your facts right. Casillas replaced Cesar Sanchez in that final, not Canizares.

Canizares was Valencia's number 1 keeper then...

Sorry my bad,,., i knew it was a C---

Nice one
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by timbros(m): 8:06am On May 16, 2013
biolabee:

Sorry my bad,,., i knew it was a C---

Nice one

smiley cool
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by honeric01(m): 8:41am On May 16, 2013
Have you guys heard of the Benfica's BelaGuttmann Curse?

In 1959, Benfica signed Hungarian coach Bela Guttmann from Porto. In 3 seasons he won two Portuguese league titles, one Portuguese cup, and two European cups. in 1962 he asked Benfica's board for a pay raise and they refused. He angrily left the club and said "Not in 100 years from now will Benfica win a European
Cup." They've lost 7 European finals since:
1963, 1965, 1968, 1983, 1988, 1990 and now
51 years and the curse continues.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by igboboy4real: 8:57am On May 16, 2013
tanks nairaland. I love dis website
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Kx: 9:06am On May 16, 2013
Ba did nt feature for Chelsea because he was cup tied having played for Newcastle: but he was decorated last night with the gold medal, how was that possible?

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:17am On May 16, 2013
But tores u knw say u b ma guy,u b ma real nigga til we die,and am taking it real cos i no fit lie,i dey pray 4 chineke to take osca high.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:23am On May 16, 2013
Eva wil u b my wiffy,(can't u c am married).....Ok i see.

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:33am On May 16, 2013
Lampard you b ma baba all my life,i go kiss ur boot make u know am right.Ok bigups 2 ma niggas in chelsea,money no b problem,thr's hennesy.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by 1025: 9:42am On May 16, 2013
see soccer pundits and commentators everywhere. na arsenal fans sabi comment well well. from the way chelsea like trophy, i will not be surprise if they become the first team to win world cup.
God bless our money man. he knows how to use his money to bring happiness to those who love our clour - BLUE.
very soon, i mean sooner than we can imagine, we will change the red devils to blue and na then them go believe.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by 1dickatatime: 9:52am On May 16, 2013
Lobatan UP CHELSEA, this win dey pain some pple sha. once again UP CHELSEA

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (1 - 3) On 25th January 2019 / Chelsea Vs PSG: UCL (1 - 2) On 9th March 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.