Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,230 members, 7,849,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

You Can’t Short Circle It- Holumidey - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Can’t Short Circle It- Holumidey (817 Views)

Top 10 Things You Can’t Prove But People Believe Anyway / NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities / Safe And Unsafe Period In D Menstral Circle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Short Circle It- Holumidey by juniemedia(m): 6:49am On May 13, 2013
Dr Holumidey Lawrence is the founder of Paragon Group of Schools NIgeria. He spoke with our Staff on how he started a business that has grown to be the talk of the town in Nigeria and abroad.

Background

Well, Nigeria is part of a continent called Africa. This content is within the space of either developing or under developing. Using Africa standard, where the quality of life is on the high side, the so called privileged people here are like common people in other continents. Anybody from Africa, Nigeria in particular must have these shape of humble beginning of which I am not an exemption

Your experience (inspiration and challenges)

Jesus Christ our lord came as a child. He grew in stature and wisdom. Everything that will last must pass through a test of time. It must have the capacity to grow. Like I say when you jump up you come down, when you grow you stay up. We started small in 1994 with four children and by the grace of God several thousands of students have passed through the school and they are doing very well in their endeavours.

It has been challenging and of course inspirational. At every level of our challenges, inspirations are drawn. We can say authoritatively without mincing words that when you stay on your job having defined it meticulously, Getting there will be easy.

From four students to this level. What is the secret sir?

I have learnt to live with my warrior goal Since the beginning. Anything that is not in education line is not my goal. I am focused. God told me “you don’t owe your world explanation, you owe them education”. The more you package your focus the more grace you will enjoy.

I have not made money my ultimate goal.

What is your joy on the job?

My contribution to the advancement of education in Ogun State, Nigeria and Africa and seeing my students doing well in their endevours across continents..

How many years have you spent in this business?

This is the 18th year.

Does it mean one cannot start an venture within five years and break out. Most success stories I have come across will always read a bunch of years. Why is it like this?

There is a process in success. You cannot short circle it. It will not last that way. If your wife is pregnant and you are in a hurry to have the baby, you must to wait for nine good months. No short cut. there is a process. It is a laid down process from God. If you breakthrough within little space of start-up then It’s ungodly except you have been budding the ideas for a time unknown to anyone.

Yes we started the school in 1994. It does not mean the idea started that year. It has been in me since my undergraduate days.

That means young people in school should have a set mind of where they are going.

Yes. It will help them to get to where they are going earlier than when they don’t know where they are going to. I was offered a job at NDLEA after my graduation but I refused. I have a vision of where I am going. I worked with a school in Lagos for six month. There I saved N1000 out of every N1,050 I earned as salary per month. I left this school to start my business which I had already penciled down.

It is good to define your goal. Be flexible and don’t be rigid. Your flexibility must still meet the core of who you are. I told myself. It is either I become a teacher, pastor or a politician. When the issue of education was pressing in my mind, I had no choice. As a matter of fact I teach my students and friends the bible. I am still fulfilling my destiny.

With all your experience and achievement, do you still have major challenges?

Money has been my major challenge.

Education is expensive particularly the type of education we offer in paragon int’l school. In this school we give students free writing materials, free lunch and free health for a token. We desire the comfortability of our students and parents always.

Have you reached the pick of your carrier?

Laugh!!! We are just starting.

Do you have a mentor?

I don’t have anybody in person. Everybody is my mentor. Michael Jackson was my mentor when he was alive. I like the way he pulled crowd not his believe.

What is your life quote?

If you fake it, it will fade so if you don’t want it to fake don’t fade it.

Your message to up coming entrepreneurs.

It pays to be on your own as an entrepreneur. Don’t make money your primary goal. Package your vision. Challenges will come but be determined and define your pase.

Your best book.

The bible.

SOURCE: www.cybernewsupdate.com

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Short Circle It- Holumidey by mherceedaniels(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2016
Kudos
Re: You Can’t Short Circle It- Holumidey by Samoguy: 3:52pm On May 15, 2016
mherceedaniels:
Kudos
juniemedia:
Dr Holumidey Lawrence is the founder of Paragon Group of Schools NIgeria. He spoke with our Staff on how he started a business that has grown to be the talk of the town in Nigeria and abroad.
Background
Well, Nigeria is part of a continent called Africa. This content is within the space of either developing or under developing. Using Africa standard, where the quality of life is on the high side, the so called privileged people here are like common people in other continents. Anybody from Africa, Nigeria in particular must have these shape of humble beginning of which I am not an exemption
Your experience (inspiration and challenges)
Jesus Christ our lord came as a child. He grew in stature and wisdom. Everything that will last must pass through a test of time. It must have the capacity to grow. Like I say when you jump up you come down, when you grow you stay up. We started small in 1994 with four children and by the grace of God several thousands of students have passed through the school and they are doing very well in their endeavours.
It has been challenging and of course inspirational. At every level of our challenges, inspirations are drawn. We can say authoritatively without mincing words that when you stay on your job having defined it meticulously, Getting there will be easy.
From four students to this level. What is the secret sir?
I have learnt to live with my warrior goal Since the beginning. Anything that is not in education line is not my goal. I am focused. God told me “you don’t owe your world explanation, you owe them education”. The more you package your focus the more grace you will enjoy.
I have not made money my ultimate goal.
What is your joy on the job?
My contribution to the advancement of education in Ogun State, Nigeria and Africa and seeing my students doing well in their endevours across continents..
How many years have you spent in this business?
This is the 18th year.
Does it mean one cannot start an venture within five years and break out. Most success stories I have come across will always read a bunch of years. Why is it like this?
There is a process in success. You cannot short circle it. It will not last that way. If your wife is pregnant and you are in a hurry to have the baby, you must to wait for nine good months. No short cut. there is a process. It is a laid down process from God. If you breakthrough within little space of start-up then It’s ungodly except you have been budding the ideas for a time unknown to anyone.
Yes we started the school in 1994. It does not mean the idea started that year. It has been in me since my undergraduate days.
That means young people in school should have a set mind of where they are going.
Yes. It will help them to get to where they are going earlier than when they don’t know where they are going to. I was offered a job at NDLEA after my graduation but I refused. I have a vision of where I am going. I worked with a school in Lagos for six month. There I saved N1000 out of every N1,050 I earned as salary per month. I left this school to start my business which I had already penciled down.
It is good to define your goal. Be flexible and don’t be rigid. Your flexibility must still meet the core of who you are. I told myself. It is either I become a teacher, pastor or a politician. When the issue of education was pressing in my mind, I had no choice. As a matter of fact I teach my students and friends the bible. I am still fulfilling my destiny.
With all your experience and achievement, do you still have major challenges?
Money has been my major challenge.
Education is expensive particularly the type of education we offer in paragon int’l school. In this school we give students free writing materials, free lunch and free health for a token. We desire the comfortability of our students and parents always.
Have you reached the pick of your carrier?
Laugh!!! We are just starting.
Do you have a mentor?
I don’t have anybody in person. Everybody is my mentor. Michael Jackson was my mentor when he was alive. I like the way he pulled crowd not his believe.
What is your life quote?
If you fake it, it will fade so if you don’t want it to fake don’t fade it.
Your message to up coming entrepreneurs.
It pays to be on your own as an entrepreneur. Don’t make money your primary goal. Package your vision. Challenges will come but be determined and define your pase.
Your best book.
The bible.
SOURCE: www.cybernewsupdate.com
Quite inspirational
Re: You Can’t Short Circle It- Holumidey by eyebeekay26(f): 4:05pm On May 15, 2016
That's my boss from whom I got my first work experience

(1) (Reply)

2013/2014 UNILAG Post-ume Form Is Out / Udus Post U.m.e.2013/2014 / The Tuition Fees Of Some Of Nigerian Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.