Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,510 members, 7,836,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Do Good To All Men - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Good To All Men (448 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / All Men Are Equal Under God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Good To All Men by sidespin: 7:59am On May 13, 2013
DO GOOD TO ALL MEN
An evangelist once held a meeting for me. He did something to me that was wrong and unethical. The devil suggested the thought to me, (If I were you, I wouldn't take up another offering for him). That's the get-even nature of the flesh. The flesh always wants to get revenge. But in the Bible, God said, "Revenge is Mine, I will repay" (Heb. 10:30). I have found that it's just better to let the Lord fight your battles. He'll do a better job than you could. If you try to take revenge, you'll get things in a mess. You see, if you let your natural human reasoning and your flesh dominate you, you'll wind up in trouble because then you're going to want to retaliate. And if you're not careful, your flesh and your mind will side in with the devil, and you'll want to accommodate his thoughts.

Anyway, I recognized that the thought to get even with this evangelist came into my mind from the devil. It didn't come from my recreated spirit where the Holy Spirit dwells. So I said, "Just for that, Mr. Devil, I'm going to take up an offering for that evangelist every night. And if you say anything more about it, I'll take up two offerings for him every night." Why did I say that? Because the law of love, the God-kind of love, says, "Return good for evil" (Rom. 12:21). And in this verse in Matthew 5:44 it said, ". . . Love your enemies . . . do good to them that hate you...." Do you know the devil never said another word to me about that evangelist. The devil doesn't want any preacher getting two offerings a night! So I took up an offering for that evangelist every night. Then I asked the evangelist, "How much do you usually average?" He told me, and I paid him three times as much as he usually got even in the larger churches, and I gave a third of it out of my own pocket. I did that because I wanted to exercise and develop the God-kind of love. The evangelist went away feeling good. I'd rather it be that way, wouldn't you? Do good to those who use you and persecute you! The Bible teaches you to do good to all men, not just believers. By doing good to all people, you are fulfilling the royal law of love (James 2:cool. (Kenneth E Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

Leading Without Tears / Standing Because Of Others / God Will Isnt For Man To Know Him Thru HIS Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.