Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development (1054 Views)

Blackberry OS 10.3.1 Cool New Features Plus Blackberry OS 10.3.1.938 Autoloader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development by Phantom2(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2013
do you think if nokia should stop installation of their smartphones e.g. (lumia phones) with windows 8 mobile and start installing android OS, they can impress smartphone users and be at the top of their game like they were in the era of feature phones like nokia c3-00...or do you think it's too late and the Windows mobile will keep pulling the down in the list of smartphones in relation to their OS's

In Order of Popularity
1. RIM's BlackBerry OS
2. Apple's iOS
3. Google's Android OS
4. Nokia's Symbian
5. Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS
6. Ubuntu (many people dont even know them)
7. Mozilla's Firefox OS
8. Linux
9. Palm/WebOS

and i heard they're(NOKIA) working on a new ashaOS (NOT SURE),
let me know what you think
** i'm an android person ** grin cheesy grin

Re: NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development by Bawss1(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2013
How is Windows Phone 8 pulling down Nokia? Since the smartphone revolution that Apple's iPhone triggered back in 2007, Nokia had been struggling with dwindling market share and declining profits until they adopted Microsoft's OS. They have since witnessed a climb in market share and profit since using WP8 platform - yes a profit, something many Nlanders in their android skewed view can scarcely imagine. They have sold 5.6 million Lumia phones in the first quarter of this year and face profitable forecast for the rest of the year.(See this link http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/18/nokia-hits-7-7-billion-in-revenue-for-q1-2013-with-5-8-million/) So the question needs to be reiterated, how is Windows Phone 8 pulling Nokia down? Anyone who suggests that Nokia go the android route hasn't possibly considered the fact that if Nokia were to do so they would struggle to differentiate their products in that very crowded space and very possibly continue their string of yearly losses, indeed very few OEMs aside Samsung are posting anything resembling a decent profit on the android platform.
Re: NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development by Bawss1(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2013
Pнaитoм:
In Order of Popularity
1. RIM's BlackBerry OS
2. Apple's iOS
3. Google's Android OS
4. Nokia's Symbian
5. Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS
6. Ubuntu (many people dont even know them)
7. Mozilla's Firefox OS
8. Linux
9. Palm/WebOS

What part of the ozone layer did you pluck this list from? OK - after noticing OP's moniker - I get it, this is a phantom list grin
Re: NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development by Phantom2(m): 5:03pm On May 13, 2013
Bawss1:

What part of the ozone layer did you pluck this list from? OK - after noticing OP's moniker - I get it, this is a phantom list grin
lol cheesy
Re: NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development by Phantom2(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2013
Bawss1: How is Windows Phone 8 pulling down Nokia? Since the smartphone revolution that Apple's iPhone triggered back in 2007, Nokia had been struggling with dwindling market share and declining profits until they adopted Microsoft's OS. They have since witnessed a climb in market share and profit since using WP8 platform - yes a profit, something many Nlanders in their android skewed view can scarcely imagine. They have sold 5.6 million Lumia phones in the first quarter of this year and face profitable forecast for the rest of the year.(See this link http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/18/nokia-hits-7-7-billion-in-revenue-for-q1-2013-with-5-8-million/) So the question needs to be reiterated, how is Windows Phone 8 pulling Nokia down? Anyone who suggests that Nokia go the android route hasn't possibly considered the fact that if Nokia were to do so they would struggle to differentiate their products in that very crowded space and very possibly continue their string of yearly losses, indeed very few OEMs aside Samsung are posting anything resembling a decent profit on the android platform.
Oh.i see your veiw but,...i dont mean in market sense i.e. Profit making i mean popularity for example out of every 10 smartphone users d ratio of other OS's to Windows Mobile is very discouraging to me
Re: NOKIA: Do You Think A Change In OS Can Influence Thier Development by 4peace(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2013
another Nokia vs android thread

(1) (Reply)

Guys Help Me With Biz Plan For Etisalat On My Android / Blackberry Phones Without Camera. / Samsung In Talks To Acquire Blackberry For $7.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.