Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

For Uba Afri Card Users Only - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For Uba Afri Card Users Only (21531 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Access Bank Just Sent Me This Message. How Does It Affect All Their Card Users? / UBA: The New Minimum Balance Of N25,000 & Another Option You Can Go For - UBA Visa AfriCard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by wisyno(m): 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
I recently collected my africard from a UBA branch and after doing the online registration and visa activation, I returned to the bank to pay in 4000 naira, only to get alert of 3370naira as my balance. I asked one of the customer care officers and he said 750 is usually deducted as a charge for the card. This explanation doesn't make sense because 4000-750 = 3250. Did anybody get this sort of deduction on the first deposit?
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by manufos(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
wisyno: I recently collected my africard from a UBA branch and after doing the online registration and visa activation, I returned to the bank to pay in 4000 naira, only to get alert of 3370naira as my balance. I asked one of the customer care officers and he said 750 is usually deducted as a charge for the card. This explanation doesn't make sense because 4000-750 = 3250. Did anybody get this sort of deduction on the first deposit?

I got charged N105 for card load and N787 for personalised Africard.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by manufos(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
When using your UBA Africard on the ATM, select CURRENT as card account type, otherwise you get wrong pin error.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by RTRUTH: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
manufos: When using your UBA Africard on the ATM, select CURRENT as card account type, otherwise you get wrong pin error.
whenever i use my card on Atm or POS i use either saving or card as acct type and it worked perfectly

1 Like

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Youngzedd(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
UBA are criminals. I was charged 168 per USD and 225.60 per euro.
I have abandoned their rubbish card till they repent. GTBank domiciliary account + visa card all the way
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by manufos(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Youngzedd: UBA are criminals. I was charged 168 per USD and 225.60 per euro.
I have abandoned their rubbish card till they repent. GTBank domiciliary account + visa card all the way

This is what I saw on their website although it's only U.S dollars there. http://www.ubagroup.com/countries/ng/rates
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Youngzedd(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2013
manufos:

This is what I saw on their website although it's only U.S dollars there. http://www.ubagroup.com/countries/ng/rates

I have seen it, although it's not always accurate.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by nevderek(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hello, could someone please tell which of these codes are the default username/card number and passcode for accessing the online portal the first time (03xx) 00000007xxx and P4xx. That's all that came with the envelpoe that enclosed my atm pin.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by manufos(m): 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
nevderek: Hello, could someone please tell which of these codes are the default username/card number and passcode for accessing the online portal the first time (03xx) 00000007xxx and P4xx. That's all that came with the envelpoe that enclosed my atm pin.

Card number/username is the 16 digit on the front of your card while web passcode is the 4 digit code found below ur atm pin in the letter on that small piece of nylon you removed and placed on paper to reveal ur atm pin. After you log in on www.myubaafricard.com you can change both ur username and passcode to whatever you like.

1 Like

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by nevderek(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2013
manufos:

Card number/username is the 16 digit on the front of your card while web passcode is the 4 digit code found below ur atm pin in the letter on that small piece of nylon you removed and placed on paper to reveal ur atm pin. After you log in on www.myubaafricard.com you can change both ur username and passcode to whatever you like.

thanks, I think what we got here in Ghana is different, I cant find such any other four digit code apart from my atm pin. I'm trying to call the head quarters but the number aint connecting. The lady that gave me the card is simply clueless. And i already tried to pay for a forwarding address with the card
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by bizmania(m): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2013
Hello all and thanks for opening this wonderful thread. I got my Africa some months ago and changed the atm and web pin. I tried to verify it with visa but I was blocked. I

called customer care and after giving them all my details I came to know that the date of birth was wrong. I gave them October 31st and they used January 31st. The lady refused to give me the correct one saying I should go to the bank. On reaching there even the bankers don't know what to do. I dropped the card for two weeks out of frustration. Something pricked me up and then I went to another branch. D guy there was even more confused. He said UBA has denied them acess to view or edit africard users profile.

He then asked me to use d telephone on his desk to call the head office and after proving ownership of the card d guy told me that what they had on d system was January 31st. He couldn't even change it to October 31st. He asked me to use Jan. 31st as my date of birth. At least this means that we africard users are secure even from bankers.

I went on tuesday and verified it very easily. I no longer need a third party for my import biz. I just pray their fees and charges are affordable shaa...

If you have any question as a new africard user I think this place is best for you. Thanks all.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by eluquenson(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
nevderek:

thanks, I think what we got here in Ghana is different, I cant find such any other four digit code apart from my atm pin. I'm trying to call the head quarters but the number aint connecting. The lady that gave me the card is simply clueless. And i already tried to pay for a forwarding address with the card

Send a web pin reset request to cfc@ubagroup.com & put your details there, that's your name & card number,send with your email you registered with your card, then send me a pm so as to do a follow up for you.
I can assure you, they will treat it as urgent.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by nevderek(m): 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
ok bro, will do that in a moment. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by nevderek(m): 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
eluquenson:

Send a web pin reset request to cfc@ubagroup.com & put your details there, that's your name & card number,send with your email you registered with your card, then send me a pm so as to do a follow up for you.
I can assure you, they will treat it as urgent.

Bro I just sent the request, but i just got the reply to the mail i recently sent to uba, they said the online portal for Nigerians arent the same for Ghanaians, infact they havent got any portal for other countries yet.

I hope the web request mail I just sent them wont harm my card in anyway. Meanwhile, can I now verify the card with Visa? And what is their site.

thanks for your assistance.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by eluquenson(m): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
nevderek:

Bro I just sent the request, but i just got the reply to the mail i recently sent to uba, they said the online portal for Nigerians arent the same for Ghanaians, infact they havent got any portal for other countries yet.

I hope the web request mail I just sent them wont harm my card in anyway. Meanwhile, can I now verify the card with Visa? And what is their site.

thanks for your assistance.

https://www.gtpsecurecard.com/UBA/Login.aspx

1 Like

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by manufos(m): 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
In any correspondence with UBA staff or customer service concerning your Africard always quote your Client Identification number which is the 10 digits behind the card.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by kentochi(m): 5:16am On Nov 09, 2013
Hope to get one as soon as possible.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by talk2me006(m): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2013
wisyno: I recently collected my africard from a UBA branch and after doing the online registration and visa activation, I returned to the bank to pay in 4000 naira, only to get alert of 3370naira as my balance. I asked one of the customer care officers and he said 750 is usually deducted as a charge for the card. This explanation doesn't make sense because 4000-750 = 3250. Did anybody get this sort of deduction on the first deposit?
that wat happen to me also.
i deposited 4k
my final balance is now 3,107
dey reduct all their charges.
just login to myubaafricard.com to see how they reduct ur fees.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
Heyy Everyone,I've been following this Thread for a while now,pending when I get my own Card to comment but UBA has scattered all my Plans now;I asked a Staff at the Bank if I could use the National ID Slip to get the Card,he said yes and I went and got it ,only to be told that it is not acceptable by another Staff in the same Bank undecided...the unfortunate thing is,I don't have any of the Cards she Listed and I need to use the Card for some Purchases urgently,Purchases I had planned based on the belief that I would be able to get the Card with the National ID.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by eluquenson(m): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
koonbey: Heyy Everyone,I've been following this Thread for a while now,pending when I get my own Card to comment but UBA has scattered all my Plans now;I asked a Staff at the Bank if I could use the National ID Slip to get the Card,he said yes and I went and got it ,only to be told that it is not acceptable by another Staff in the same Bank undecided...the unfortunate thing is,I don't have any of the Cards she Listed and I need to use the Card for some Purchases urgently,Purchases I had planned based on the belief that I would be able to get the Card with the National ID.

If you have National ID Card or Voters Card you are ok to get the Africard but slip is not acceptable to the best of my knowledge
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
eluquenson:

If you have National ID Card or Voters Card you are ok to get the Africard but slip is not acceptable to the best of my knowledge
okay,thanks.my Grouse is just that I was told it was by a Staff in the Bank,if I had known it wasn't I wouldn't have gone through all the Stress I went through to get it..again;thanks.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by bizmania(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
koonbey: Heyy Everyone,I've been following this Thread for a while now,pending when I get my own Card to comment but UBA has scattered all my Plans now;I asked a Staff at the Bank if I could use the National ID Slip to get the Card,he said yes and I went and got it ,only to be told that it is not acceptable by another Staff in the same Bank undecided...the unfortunate thing is,I don't have any of the Cards she Listed and I need to use the Card for some Purchases urgently,Purchases I had planned based on the belief that I would be able to get the Card with the National ID.
funny enough i got mine with my secondary school i.d card.

1 Like

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by bizmania(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
funny enough i got mine with my secondary school i.d card and a copy of my nepa bill. Goodluck anyway.....
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by ekanDamie: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
bro, the samething hapined to me o i deposited 3k got an alert of 2750. checked sometime later n got 2250. i just weak. the problem for me is that to get to the bank, i have to spend up to 500naira. dats y i kept quiet.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Youngzedd(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
ekanDamie:
bro, the samething hapined to me o i deposited 3k got an alert of 2750. checked sometime later n got 2250. i just weak. the problem for me is that to get to the bank, i have to spend up to 500naira. dats y i kept quiet.

Welcome to UBA.

You haven't seen anything yet, what they did to me is horrible.
They wanna milk me dry like dry fish.

Say NO to over charging and embrace GTBank Card.
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Iyemik: 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Youngzedd:

Welcome to UBA.

You haven't seen anything yet, what they did to me is horrible.
They wanna milk me dry like dry fish.

Say NO to over charging and embrace GTBank Card.

does gtb card receive cash 4rm online processor and wats the buying n selling rate?
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2014
Greetings, have anyone used the chat option to discuss with UBA Africard agent before? it takes time and am yet to get an agen to chat with me. Calling them is out of the question... they keep deducting money from my phone and telling me that agents are busy!

Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by VocalWalls: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
I broke my card..

Uba continues to remove whatever cash I have left in it.

They said they continue to deduct as the exchange rate applies, but when the naira gains, I don't get a refund.

Thieves!
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by toluxa1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
hisblud:
Greetings, have anyone used the chat option to discuss with UBA Africard agent before? it takes time and am yet to get an agen to chat with me. Calling them is out of the question... they keep deducting money from my phone and telling me that agents are busy!

I used it once before after several trials
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by SamReinvented: 3:33pm On May 27, 2017
Hello,

Please who still uses this prepaid card? Please review. I'm thinking of getting a dollar prepaid card. I hope it isn't affected by the ongoing currency control wahala?
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
SamReinvented:
Hello,

Please who still uses this prepaid card? Please review. I'm thinking of getting a dollar prepaid card. I hope it isn't affected by the ongoing currency control wahala?
Hi, did you eventually get this?
Re: For Uba Afri Card Users Only by SamReinvented: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
Macsjebs:

Hi, did you eventually get this?

No. I opened a dom account instead and got a normal debit card for that. No regrets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Cheap Live Goats In The North To Sell? / How To Register Your Business On VCONNECT.COM To Get More Clients / Nigeria Is Not Broke - Ngozi Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.