Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

ATM Mistakes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Mistakes (680 Views)

Why Can't I Withdraw 500 Naira From Most ATM Machines? / I Lost My GTBank ATM Card - What Next? / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ATM Mistakes by drmat: 12:56pm On May 13, 2013
Please, can someone educate me on how ATM mistakes are resolved across banks. I tried withdrawing money via Access bank ATM this morning and my account was debited without receiving cash. I complained to my bank (GTB) customer care personnel about this and was told to wait 24hours for refund before lodging a formal complaint. I would like to know if this is procedural and how it is eventually resolved across banks.
Thanks.
Re: ATM Mistakes by betty35: 11:28pm On May 13, 2013
Most fail transactions whether ATM,pos,etc usually get reversed automatically within 24hrs, i.e if it is a working day,if it should happen on a weekend you need to take cognizance of the next working day. If the transaction is not reversed after the next working date you can then report it to the bank through the customer service. Your case is 'not on us' atm dispute which can be resolved when you provide them the time of the transaction and the atm terminal you use. You should also note that debit transaction on interswitch is T+1. Hope this answer your question.
Re: ATM Mistakes by ifyalways(f): 12:05am On May 14, 2013
drmat: Please, can someone educate me on how ATM mistakes are resolved across banks. I tried withdrawing money via Access bank ATM this morning and my account was debited without receiving cash. I complained to my bank (GTB) customer care personnel about this and was told to wait 24hours for refund before lodging a formal complaint. I would like to know if this is procedural and how it is eventually resolved across banks.
Thanks.
It should be resolved and reversed within 24 hours however,depending on the amount involved and your patience level oh,you might need to call the GTonline and lodge a formal complain.
It happened to me last week,I used Firstbank ATM to withdraw 50K that never came but i got a debit alert.I called customer care and the stoopid guy that picked was asking me why i used another bank's ATM. That's it for me. angry
I waltzed into the nearest GTB and customer care rep that i spoke to assured me it would be reversed within 24hrs,if not,i should come back and fill a form.I insisted and filled the so-called form same day and lo, as i walked out of the bank,I got a credit alert for the reversal.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Gas Accessories (gas Cylinders, Valves, Burners, Cookers,)etc / Which Profitable Business Can I Start With N200,000 Cash / Sport Betting How Lucrative Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.