Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council (6217 Views)

President Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Local Govts / Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors / Defection: Supreme Court Order Ondo House Of Rep To Vacate Sit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Ptimes: 1:00pm On May 13, 2013
Amaechi/Jonathan Face-off:court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council

A Federal High Court in Port Harcourt has ordered the police to vacate Obior/ Akpor council of Rivers State.

The court gave the directive on Monday morning.

The Speaker of the Rivers Assembly had accused the Federal Government of a ploy to declare a State of Emergency in Rivers, starting from the Obior/ Akpor council.

The Assembly, loyal to the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, suspended the council chairman and appointed a caretaker committee; while the Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, loyal to the presidency, condemned the suspension and instead suspended the state lawmakers.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/133960-breaking-amaechijonathan-face-off-court-orders-police-to-vacate-rivers-council.html
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Bensonite: 2:24pm On May 13, 2013
The court ordered the police to keep minimal personnel to allow the council to operate and pay salaries. Don't get it twisted as there was no time it ordered the police to completely vacate the council secretariat.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 13, 2013
hmmmm. . ,
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by adexsimply(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2013
cheesy
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by stanlink(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2013
Bensonite: The court ordered the police to keep minimal personnel to allow the council to operate and pay salaries. Don't get it twisted as there was no time it ordered the police to completely vacate the council secretariat.

thank u very much my broda dnt mind all this rumour mongers hw their big mouth no go open talk becourse Gej name don appear.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by aminho(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2013
Tom and jerry and 9ja
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 13, 2013
watch out for part 2
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Fishout(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2013
I know that d truth will prevail.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by RickyRoss1(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2013
Bensonite: The court ordered the police to keep minimal personnel to allow the council to operate and pay salaries. Don't get it twisted as there was no time it ordered the police to completely vacate the council secretariat.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Culbobby(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2013
It's about time,the populace of the state is going broke already due to the unending crisis...abeg make una settle make money begin circulate again.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by wellmax(m): 4:58pm On May 13, 2013
and so?
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by tyogdaniel(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2013
*singing* Jesus is d answer for d world today...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by 1shortblackboy: 5:27pm On May 13, 2013
If u see as d whole obio akpkor community descend on d court enh ?! Everybody wan dey there wen tins happen smiley
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 13, 2013
Have you heard about the MTN unl,imit,ed sim? With the sim you can browse till infinity. You can even buy new simcards, activate them and sell to get more money. If the one you know has been blocked and you think therefore there is no new way just purge that thought from your system. There is a working one that was haaacked just two days back. Don't be left in the dark, holla me now on #edited to get yours. I charge just a token that is so small compared to the thousands you will make. I'm not a scammer, it's as real as your name is. Remember, holla me now on #edited

NOTE: Remove all commas from the phone number. Thanks.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by chrisxxx(m): 5:56pm On May 13, 2013
The fight in Rivers State is beyond politics. People do not not understand. These people are fighting over supremacy somewhere which I am not going to mention. It is more than meets the eyes.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 13, 2013
CLUELESSNESS
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Goddex: 6:50pm On May 13, 2013
Ameachi should restore those elected Obio/Akpor council Chairman and councillors. That is the height of "rascality" in public office.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by frodobee: 7:28pm On May 13, 2013
Check out nah, ndi obi-akpor. Dem dey do strong tinz.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by visalo: 7:33pm On May 13, 2013
Cybertooth: Have you heard about the MTN unl,imit,ed sim? With the sim you can browse till infinity. You can even buy new simcards, activate them and sell to get more money. If the one you know has been blocked and you think therefore there is no new way just purge that thought from your system. There is a working one that was haaacked just two days back. Don't be left in the dark, holla me now on 0,8165,803,433 to get yours. I charge just a token that is so small compared to the thousands you will make. I'm not a scammer, it's as real as your name is. Remember, holla me now on 0,8165,803,433.

NOTE: Remove all commas from the phone number. Thanks.

Bros take it easy oooh. they might just see this as a crime
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by visalo: 7:44pm On May 13, 2013
I pity this Amaechi. by the time the president finish with him, ibori case will be like a child play. Amaechi want to join force with boko sympertizer to pencil us back after this fresh air we breathing. no way
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by ndukwejoe(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2013
good riddance to bad rubbish, goodluck should face insurgency and leave amaechi alone, Goodluck is like a proverbial man whose house is on fire who runs about chasing mouse.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by ndukwejoe(m): 9:48pm On May 13, 2013
let him leave amaechi alone there are more presssing issues he should address and not to harrass the man. Goodluck should know by now he is not generally in charge of Nigeria,
visalo: I pity this Amaechi. by the time the president finish with him, ibori case will be like a child play. Amaechi want to join force with boko sympertizer to pencil us back after this fresh air we breathing. no way
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Aifey(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2013
stanlink:

thank u very much my broda dnt mind all this rumour mongers hw their big mouth no go open talk becourse Gej name don appear.
Gej first drad his name 2d mud. He intend repeatin wht he did 2 timipre silva, bayelsa. Just so empty of a president.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by mrPero(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2013
Am a portharcourt boy ooooo

Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Nobody: 7:10am On May 14, 2013
When two elephants fights,its the grasses that suffer.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Demdem(m): 7:29am On May 14, 2013

The bottom line is the secretariat that was under lock and key should be opened and continue to operate headed by the caretaker chairman. beside, the secretariat itself and the divisional police station are neighbours so the police has never left the premises even before the crisis.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Goddex: 7:43am On May 14, 2013
Demdem:

The bottom line is the secretariat that was under lock and key should be opened and continue to operate headed by the caretaker chairman. beside, the secretariat itself and the divisional police station are neighbours so the police has never left the premises even before the crisis.

See how you support absurdity all because you perceive Amechi as also fighting your enemy GEJ. You all are loosers!! He will never see peace until he restores those democratically elected Chairman and Councillors of Obio/Akpor LGA.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by abavoboi(m): 7:53am On May 14, 2013
sandyylove: When two elephants fights,its the grasses that suffer.
portharcourt first son....
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by blackbeau1(f): 12:25pm On May 14, 2013
with the amount of drama in nigeria, i wonder why hollywood is ahead of nigerias nollywood. i think all the drama in nigerias political system, ought to account for something,
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Joyfullyme: 2:21pm On May 14, 2013
D awoo done commot?
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Bensonite: 3:16pm On May 14, 2013
Demdem:

Well, I only stated what the judgment meant and not as the OP intend us to believe. Unfortunately, the police vacated the council and there is much crises there now. The council power generating house burnt down and lots of commotion going on right now. I wonder which is preferable. I hope this Rivers crises don't cause the life of innocent people.
Re: Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council by Demdem(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2013
Goddex: .

See how you support absurdity all because you perceive Amechi as also fighting your enemy GEJ. You all are loosers!! He will never see peace until he restores those democratically elected Chairman and Councillors of Obio/Akpor LGA.

My friend shut up. U sound really daft. What has the court pronoucement got to do with the retardeen? He isn't my enemy, I just hate his foolish governance style.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast / Tinubu Private Jet Worth Double Lionel Messi New $15 Million Dollar Acquisition / Throwback Picture Of Awolowo Campaigning With A Helicopter In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.