Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced (13400 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / FG Reduces Cost Of Importing Food By $2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by just2endowed: 10:10am On May 14, 2013
Nigeria is finished. U can't try this on other country n expect same term. A northern man was also involve
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by just2endowed: 10:12am On May 14, 2013
la furia: i dont know what naija pundit gain from giving half truth. they were not charged for terrorism rather for illegal transportation of arms since the UN has placed a weapon embargo on iran. check the bbc link for more details.

do you all expect the judge to sentence the guy base on conspiracy theories t
hat the weapon were meant for boko haram? any evidence?
another boko sympathisers

illegal sale of weapons have been going on, the way MEND go theirs, so this guy gets caught and got sentenced, simple.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by abujalapdog(m): 10:18am On May 14, 2013
It is laughable that capital offence in Nigeria are given mild penalties but minor misdeminor are given tough unthinkable penalties ,what an irony.. I believe the want us to engage in hi-tech crimes not petty thief.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by lafuria1(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2013
[quote author=just2endowed][/quote]
I asked a simple question? Do you have an answer,? Typical internet dullard, no brain.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by davades(m): 10:49am On May 14, 2013
suxes2005: Who even told y'all he'll be in d said prison?
All na wash jor.

I've personally seen dat rev king 2ce @ mmia

9ja, notin gud works!

This one u said is a FAT lie ! Tell us another one
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by blackbeau1(f): 11:43am On May 14, 2013
are they for real? they should have just said 'hey iranian, we are sorry for the inconvienience.' in other words,our lives are not worth anything so any foreigner can just come in,play havoc with us and get away with it.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by FreeWill01: 1:29am On May 15, 2013
Prison-timing means 2 years of real timing turn to 4 years in prison, because a day in prison is 12 hours instead of 24, the dude actually has 6 months of real timing ( that is one year of prison timing )to spend in jail...Hail Naija for me, we are going down on a fast lane.

mikkyangel: 5yrs,? By my calculations, he has already spent 2yrs in incarceration, so it remains 3 more years. This punishment will encourage more illegal arms flow into naija. Let's do the math, i take the risk by importing 13containers, i get a big big payday(7 digits in dollars), something goes wrong, i"ll take the blame....,we'll,it's only 4 5yrs..so long as my money stays in my fixed account...Bleep bank tehran.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Vires: 10:03am On May 15, 2013
The arms are meant for Gambia

STORY!!!!!!

Why must it pass thru Nigeria?

If it was a Nigerian that was exporting arms to Iraq and it happened to "pass thru" Iran
They would have shot him in the head without trial
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by ocelot2006(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2013
naptu2:

Yes and credit must also be given to the Customs Service. They raised the initial alarm and invited the DSS (despite attempts by the nigerian accomplices to bribe them).

I'm afraid I disagree with you there. Customs was accused of actually allowing those very containers pass through till the DSS flagged them down. That's why the comptroller general spent the following week posting ads on major dailies to save his a$$.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Marotzke(m): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
Vires: The arms are meant for Gambia

STORY!!!!!!

Why must it pass thru Nigeria?

If it was a Nigerian that was exporting arms to Iraq and it happened to "pass thru" Iran
They would have shot him in the head without trial
I agree with you on that one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kuriga School Children, Who Were Kidnapped By Bandits, Have Been Released / Omidyar & Ford Foundation Financing Sahara Reporters To Promote Media Tyranny / Ondo State 2017 Christmas Carol In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.