Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? (873 Views)

Islam Is GOD Almighty's Original Religion To All Of Mankind / What Was The First Ever Religion To Be Created/practiced In The World? / Your Wealthy Religion To Belong Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by Tajsagay(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2013

Yesterday morning on Twitter, I ran into a statement by my buddy, Jesse Oguns, in which he asserted that religion and spirituality are heading for extinction. Hear him:
The number of people going completely secular increases with the acceptance of technology and science.

When robots take over, if they do, I suspect religion and spirituality will give way totally. My prediction.

You can see that this is not strictly about mobile technology, but [...]

Read the full article:> http://mobility.com.ng/technology-pushing-spirituality-religion-to-extinction/
Re: Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by Areaboy2(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2013
I doubt we have to wait that long for robots to come.

Religion is already dying a slow and agonizing death wink

On a side note: Have a look at Commander Chris Hadfield's rendition of David Bowie's Space Oddity. It is nothing short of breathtaking. It gave me a warm feeling of being part of an amazing phase of human history. Was 300,000 views when i checked it out last night. Now its over a million and a half views and climbing.

We don't need religion in anyway for great moments like this
Re: Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 13, 2013
Area_boy: I doubt we have to wait that long for robots to come.

Religion is already dying a slow and agonizing death wink

Unfortunately, not fast enough in middle east and Africa.....the same places with vast technological retardation...coincidence?
Re: Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by Areaboy2(m): 6:23pm On May 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Unfortunately, not fast enough in middle east and Africa.....the same places with vast technological retardation...coincidence?

Nope.. makes perfect sense. Religion only thrives by keeping the masses ignorant. Until we Africans break free from this form of modern mental slavery, We will always be the last in everything cry
Re: Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

I don't know if you guys have seen this picture..

A picture of the world at night from space

A lot still needs to be done..
Re: Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 13, 2013
Area_boy:

Nope.. makes perfect sense. Religion only thrives by keeping the masses ignorant. Until we Africans break free from this form of modern mental slavery, We will always be the last in everything cry

How sad....the worst part of it is that black Americans that should be leading the way are also brainwashed with religion....they are more religious than the rest of America

FOOLS angry
Re: Technology Pushing Spirituality & Religion To Extinction? by nnofaith: 7:06pm On May 13, 2013
it is because the blackman takes everything for its face value, the blackman will never research anything for himself, i wont be supprised if africans still cling to religion centuries after other races abondon it.

(1) (Reply)

What A Fraud! / Scammers Introduced New Ways Of Email Scam / Jehovah's Witnesses Shuts Down Website In Order To Cover Up Peadophilia Letters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.