Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... (2800 Views)

Jaguar XJ (X308 And X350) / My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 / Jaguar Xf Or Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by phaks007(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2013
I LOVE JAGS SO MUCH,I DONT KNOW WHICH IS BETTER EITHER THE XJ OR X TYPE...
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On May 13, 2013
phaks007: I LOVE JAGS SO MUCH,I DONT KNOW WHICH IS BETTER EITHER THE XJ OR X TYPE...

Only have an experience with S-Type and i will do it again if i have to . . . Nice machine
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 13, 2013
subscribing.
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by phaks007(m): 11:13pm On May 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Only have an experience with S-Type and i will do it again if i have to . . . Nice machine
was it a supercharged s-type and why did you do away with it..
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Fhemmmy: 11:32pm On May 13, 2013
phaks007:
was it a supercharged s-type and why did you do away with it..

Yes, was a V8 Super charge . . . I do away with it cos i am into cars and autos, and any ride that i am driving is for sale, i change my rides so often, i have driven the V6 for a little while too before but did not keep it as long as i did the V8 cos i am a man like love power under the hood.
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by phaks007(m): 11:36pm On May 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes, was a V8 Super charge . . . I do away with it cos i am into cars and autos, and any ride that i am driving is for sale, i change my rides so often, i have driven the V6 for a little while too before but did not keep it as long as i did the V8 cos i am a man like love power under the hood.

so,if you were given an option of either the 05 xjr or 06 x-type,which will you go for?
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Fhemmmy: 11:37pm On May 13, 2013
phaks007:

so,if you were given an option of either the 05 xjr or 06 x-type,which will you go for?

I would settle for the x-type, cos i like the look, i prefer the shape as well . . . .
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Fogman(m): 1:13am On May 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I would settle for the x-type, cos i like the look, i prefer the shape as well . . . .

OP, dont buy car based on design or shape. Take into consideration factors like: Durability, cost of maintenance, second hand value, etc. Though i am not grounded in auto issues, but Jaguar cars are NO NO NO for me. Please ask questions around you and try check the costs of its replacement parts, etc. A friend bought this car from europe and sold it off after 6 months for 400k.
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by sultaan(m): 1:44am On May 14, 2013
Fogman:

OP, dont buy car based on design or shape. Take into consideration factors like: Durability, cost of maintenance, second hand value, etc. Though i am not grounded in auto issues, but Jaguar cars are NO NO NO for me. Please ask questions around you and try check the costs of its replacement parts, etc. A friend bought this car from europe and sold it off after 6 months for 400k.

That was not an informed advice, you have no direct knowledge of the car but from hearsay.

Your friend could have bought his Jag from a recycler for 600 Nigerians do get really cheap when buying cars abroad.

What part are you specifically talking about I hope its not the flux capacitor

@OP,
If you like the car take a test drive, check all he oils, and if it still feels good buy it.

You will have to live with the car, your opinion should come first search for videos on Jags on youtube and online articles educate yourself.
Remember you mechanic has no access to these information so you probably know more than he does.

Basic parts are everywhere if you know what you are looking for.
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On May 14, 2013
sultaan:

That was not an informed advice, you have no direct knowledge of the car but from hearsay.

Your friend could have bought his Jag from a recycler for 600 Nigerians do get really cheap when buying cars abroad.

What part are you specifically talking about I hope its not the flux capacitor

@OP,
If you like the car take a test drive, check all he oils, and if it still feels good buy it.

You will have to live with the car, your opinion should come first search for videos on Jags on youtube and online articles educate yourself.
Remember you mechanic has no access to these information so you probably know more than he does.

Basic parts are everywhere if you know what you are looking for.

Best advice, i always remain loyal to your knowledge of cars . . .

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On May 14, 2013
Fogman:

Read what has been said so far better and you will know what i mean . . .
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by ToniOniru: 2:58pm On May 30, 2013
Comparing XJ to X-Type is like S-class benz to C-class...you decide!! i drive d XJ d most tho..love ma oda Jags to def too. Its classy, stylish, machine... All those who own n dispose r nt Jag fans, u ve to luv it to own n kip it
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 30, 2013
OP, any car, even Toyota/Nissan, can be very bad depending on usage and care.

I've developed my taste overtime and do not consider what others think about my automotive purchases. The only person it matters to is me.

On that note, Mate, if you want to own/drive a Jaguar - DO IT.

Do the basics checks that you'll do for any car be it a Toyota or Nissan or Trabant. Check the VIN, check the service history, do a prepurchase inspection and enjoy.

Life is too short to drive boring cars.

PS: I personally have never owned a Jaguar (over 150 vehicles in 25 years), they don't appeal to me from an automotive viewpoint though I recognize their luxury. I put SAAB in the same category.

Good luck on your decision.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by tampa1871: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
I am a Jaguar freak as well, I have owned two XJ's and I have an XJ8 2001 currently parked in Nigeria. I keept it for occasions and not for everyday drive due to the nature of Nigerian roads. This is a classic car with every bit of Luxury. It is one of the official cars of the royal families and UK Prime Minister. The X-Type was lightly based on a modified version of the Ford CD132 platform. The X-Type shares about 15 to 20% of the Ford Mondeo design. The X-Type was initially offered as four-wheel drive only and mated to a 2.5 litre and 3.0 litre AJ-V6 petrol engine.
Re: Please Can Anyone Share His/her Experience With Jaguar Cars.... by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2013
Based on this thread I moved Jaguar up on my bucket list and now looking to add a X type to the fleet.

Kinda disappointed that it's not a "real" Jaguar though.

(1) (Reply)

Best Budget Car For Rough Terrains / Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.